What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

TNF: Bengals Vs Browns! Powerhouse matchup of the best 2 NFL teams in Ohio! (1 Viewer)

I've always thought this was kind of a silly worry.  There's no statistical tie to whether or not starting right away works better or worse.  And most importantly to be a good QB in the NFL you have to not be a mental pansy.  If a guy is going to get permanently haunted by a bad year on a bad team then he didn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB in the first place.
I mostly agree. 

I don't think the expansion Texans gave David Carr much of chance to develop though. Alex Smith took a beating in his early years as well. I think prolonged ineptitude with protection can have a negative effect on a QB psyche. 

I've always thought this was kind of a silly worry.  There's no statistical tie to whether or not starting right away works better or worse.  And most importantly to be a good QB in the NFL you have to not be a mental pansy.  If a guy is going to get permanently haunted by a bad year on a bad team then he didn't have what it takes to be an NFL QB in the first place.
It's not necessarily a matter of starting right away versus sitting. It's more a matter of not getting to develop because you are getting clobbered while trying to learn.

Carr is the obvious example. But, Trent Edwards of the Bills was another example of this. He was really starting to show promising signs until he got drilled (cheap shot) by Adrian Wilson, I think it was, and he was never even remotely the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched him a decent bit in college, but you never know until they hit the NFL... I didn't see anything but a couple highlights from week 1. After watching this game, I am a huge fan of Burrow so far.

Dude gots the goods.

Users who are viewing this thread