What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Tom Brady's Record Breaking Year (1 Viewer)

Brady will never touch the single season TD record for the same reason Favre never could in his prime, cold weather. Favre (like Brady this year) was on pace to challenge the record a few times, but always slowed down in the winter months.
At this pace, he could have the record within the next 4-5 games. Why wait until December?Seriously, I know we all buy into some brand of hype every year, some justified, some not -- Indy going undefeated, LT's quest for the TD record, Manning's sick numbers, etc -- but this truly seems different. Call it what you want -- poor sportsmanship, out to prove a point, or just a plain old "us against the world" mentality. Either way, the Pats, and in particular Brady, look completely unbelievable. Hell, I was really damned good at Tecmo Bowl back in the day. I used to laugh at the fantasy numbers that one could put up in that game. Well, those numbers don't seem like such a fantasy anymore with the way Brady is playing. It's just plain sick.

You REALLY think he will get 50 TDs????? (he won't - if you would like to wager, name your price. Ill put a mortgage out for that bet).
Any chance to still get some action on this Koya? Also, do you mind telling me a little about my future home? How many bedrooms, bathrooms, that kind of stuff. Oh, and do I have tile, carpet or hardwood floors? TIA

My bad - I could have sworn you deleted it.....assumed you made the post then thought better of it considering how classless it was.
Nope somebody whined to the mods to clean it up. I appreciate the cross thread stalking, however :no:
If you'd like to keep posting here, I'd suggest you avoiding posting like that again.
It was a joke to put the OPs comment in perspective... I figured that was painfully obvious. That said, sorry to anyone who was offended by it.

Tom Brady set a career personal best today, recording a perfect 158.3 quarterback rating. This beat his previous best 150.9 against Buffalo earlier this year. Prior to this year his best was 148.3 in 2001.

Brady's yardage may slow down, but the TDs will not.

Belichick trusts Brady in the endzone more than he does any of his RBs. That alone will help Brady eclipse that record, yes, even in December.

Magic_Man said:
The Pats are way too greedy this year & just looking to run up the score. Poor sportsmanship IMO

Go ahead, flame me...
It's only the third qtr and there is plenty of football to play. You can call continuing to play a game when there is still 20+ minutes left in the game "running up the score" if you like. Just keep in mind that it doesn't do much for your credibility.
When you are up by that much there's no need for these bombs to Moss. I don't see the rest of the NFL doing this kind of crapola. Now this is where you respond with "The others are not as good as the Pats." bs argument so save it.
Lets take a trip back to Manning's 49 TD year.....Week 10 against a horrible Houston team.

Up 35-7 with just over 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter the Colts get the ball back. Manning throws on 1st down. Manning throws on 2nd down....80 yard TD to Harrison.

Now up 42-7 the Colts get the ball back with 12 minutes to go in the game. First down, Manning passes incomplete. Second down Manning throws for a first down. So theres now about 11:30 left and they have 1st and 10. What do they do? Yup, another pass downfield...Reggie Wayne 12 yard gain. Ok, now less than 11 minutes to go, STILL UP BY THIRTY FIVE POINTS, and its 1st and 10. Whats the play call? You guessed it...another pass! Luckily, this one is intercepted.

The Colts got the ball one last time. With less than 5 minutes left, up 42-14, Manning was still in the game. It was 3rd and 1. I'll give you one guess as to whether they passed or ran the ball.

Play by play: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/boxscore?gid=2...&page=plays

Users who are viewing this thread