What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Advice official thread (1 Viewer)

So with Cutch & Goldy going down in my keeper league and me a lock for playoffs, I wanted to see if I could trade Cutch for players that can help me win now (Goldy cant be kept).

I have Cutch for 2 more years and my playoffs start in 4 weeks so theres a good chance he will be back by then. I also have a playoff seed locked up. So I put Cutch on the block and said I would trade him for a haul.

A 4-14 team offered me Duda, Werth, & JZimm for him which I quickly rejected,

I countered with Abreu & Werth for Cutch. Abreu can also be kept for 2 years. I figured he is getting a top 3 player so this was fair. Was it not? He rejected and said Abreu is untouchable and countered with...

Donaldson & Werth for Cutch. I dunno about this one. Donaldson has been going downhill and that offense doesnt look as strong as it did two weeks ago. I think Im gonna reject and hope Cutch comes back.

I only trade Cutch if I get a star in return. Abreu is a star. Donaldson and Werth are not.

Similar boat as you and likely just going to weather the storm. I don't have a playoff spot locked up yet, but as long as I win one of my final four I should be in unless something very weird happens. Entire bench sans Joc Pederson is on the DL, but they're all expected back sometime this month.

This season has been a war of attrition, seems like even more so than most...

Traded harvey and harper for freeman and blackmon to make up for some of the bats i lost in goldy and mccutchen.

Yeah might sound like a sell low on harper but i honestly had enough of the guy. He was on my bench anyway and can only be kept for one more year. I wasnt planning on keeping him. His value was so low i offered him last week to someone for tanner roark and was rejected. Im happy with the deal. Not sure what value blackmon has left but gotta figure hes a better option than eaton and dickerson who i have in the of also until cutch comes back.

Profar is still held in high regard, correct? Looking to acquire the fella here at my deadline.
Absolutely.
Like sexy enough to trade Pujols in a keeper for Profar and say Syndergaard (or some prospect SP in that regard)? Could even be Profar and a pick coming to me but I'm not sure the pick offered will be worthwhile.

I don't necessarily need Al going forward with Freeman as a keeper and Pujols just eats up my UTIL spot. That last point isn't actually a bad thing, 500+ point players don't grow on trees, but I have to cash in on this guy at some point, right?

Profar is still held in high regard, correct? Looking to acquire the fella here at my deadline.
Absolutely.
Like sexy enough to trade Pujols in a keeper for Profar and say Syndergaard (or some prospect SP in that regard)? Could even be Profar and a pick coming to me but I'm not sure the pick offered will be worthwhile.

I don't necessarily need Al going forward with Freeman as a keeper and Pujols just eats up my UTIL spot. That last point isn't actually a bad thing, 500+ point players don't grow on trees, but I have to cash in on this guy at some point, right?
Albert's been running with a piano on his back for a couple of years. I'm hoping he makes it through this season in one piece at his current rate, which would have him going into next year at 85/28/92/6/.277. I am chasing a title, so moving him right now doesn't make sense, but I think he'll be easier to move then anyway.

MAC_32 said:
Bobcat10 said:
Absolutely.

Albert's been running with a piano on his back for a couple of years. I'm hoping he makes it through this season in one piece at his current rate, which would have him going into next year at 85/28/92/6/.277. I am chasing a title, so moving him right now doesn't make sense, but I think he'll be easier to move then anyway.
He doesn't seem to get alot of traction in trade talks in my league. Used to be that nobody wanted to give me anything close to what I wanted...and now I barely get replies about him. I realize a full year of health and those numbers will be nice, I just don't think it will raise the value much because people generally just don't trust him. With 7 minor league keeps and 4 keeps for 2-3 years after they break into the bigs I think I have to pull this one if I can. Profar should still have 2 more years under the early major league keeper group and he could easily slot into the standard major league keepers by the time that's done. And maybe the SP prospect turns into something. Big maybe, but they are well regarded.

MAC_32 said:
Bobcat10 said:
Absolutely.

He doesn't seem to get alot of traction in trade talks in my league. Used to be that nobody wanted to give me anything close to what I wanted...and now I barely get replies about him. I realize a full year of health and those numbers will be nice, I just don't think it will raise the value much because people generally just don't trust him.
I don't disagree with any of that and have experienced the same, which is why I decided earlier this year to just ride it out and hope he stays intact.

If he does and comes out with those numbers it'll be tough for people to not rank him in the top 50 next year. According to ESPN's player rater he's 36th overall right now, #7 1B (removed Frazier since he fits better as a 3B). If Miggy gets two more games at third you can slide Albert up to #6 in most formats.

You'd think some power/1B deficient team would offer an interesting package, probably not involving youth though, but...we'll see.

shadyridr said:
So with Cutch & Goldy going down in my keeper league and me a lock for playoffs, I wanted to see if I could trade Cutch for players that can help me win now (Goldy cant be kept).

I have Cutch for 2 more years and my playoffs start in 4 weeks so theres a good chance he will be back by then. I also have a playoff seed locked up. So I put Cutch on the block and said I would trade him for a haul.

I countered with Abreu & Werth for Cutch. Abreu can also be kept for 2 years. I figured he is getting a top 3 player so this was fair. Was it not? He rejected and said Abreu is untouchable and countered with...

Donaldson & Werth for Cutch. I dunno about this one. Donaldson has been going downhill and that offense doesnt look as strong as it did two weeks ago. I think Im gonna reject and hope Cutch comes back.
Are they one-week playoff matchups?

shadyridr said:

except for the final its 2 weeks

Doesnt matter, the Donaldson owner made this deal:

He gave: Wheeler, Hamels, Zimmermann, Donaldson, Byrd, & Duda

essentially for King Felix

Still not sure how he offered me less for 2 years of cutch than he gave up for 1 year of felix.

Friggin keeper leagues suck lol

shadyridr said:

except for the final its 2 weeks
I'd hold Cutch for sure with those offers.

McCutchen isnt all that exciting to own. He will hit a couple homers one week, then steal a couple bases the next. He rarely seems to have that exciting 3 homer game. I think he's somehow underrated from people who havent owned him.

McCutchen isnt all that exciting to own. He will hit a couple homers one week, then steal a couple bases the next. He rarely seems to have that exciting 3 homer game. I think he's somehow underrated from people who havent owned him.
Yeah, got that feeling last year. It's a very steady stream of production.

So...I haven't followed Chris Davis at all this year. Thought he wasn't worth the price of admission in March and haven't pursued him through his struggles. However, I lost Hosmer and with Cuddyer still a couple weeks out and Morales not working have no contingency plan at CI. Currently Nava..blegh. I put a mass message out to try to make a run at the title and have been offered Davis.

Those who have been following, what's his deal? Correctable? Or lost cause until next year at the earliest. I'm all for gambling, but if he is totally lost I am inclined to say no.

Offer is Mesoraco, D Robertson, and T Ross for Davis, S Perez, and T Walker. Long term I lose because of keeper prices (long story) but if it's a short term win I'm taking it. I'm probably only costing myself one point going from Ross and Robertson to Walker, so it's all about the bats.

Eta, I'd rather use Cuddy in the OF than at CI.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, turned it down, going to keep playing it day to day. Freese gets a lefty tomorrow, so hopefully whatever kept him out tonight's all good tomorrow.

Early but my league's keepers lock in a bit for next year so just have a question about who to keep.

H2H points with 1/BB and -.5/Ks, everything else is pretty standard. No MI positions, just 3 OF and a UTL.

I have Trout and Harper as locked in keepers. For my 3rd keeper do I go with Jose Abreu at 1B or Anthony Rendon at 2B/3B. Both surprisingly scored just about the same amount of points last year.

I am leaning Abreu just because offense seems increasingly starved and it's nice to have elite power. Rendon is interesting though because of the positions he can play, his youth and upside.

Early but my league's keepers lock in a bit for next year so just have a question about who to keep.

H2H points with 1/BB and -.5/Ks, everything else is pretty standard. No MI positions, just 3 OF and a UTL.

I have Trout and Harper as locked in keepers. For my 3rd keeper do I go with Jose Abreu at 1B or Anthony Rendon at 2B/3B. Both surprisingly scored just about the same amount of points last year.

I am leaning Abreu just because offense seems increasingly starved and it's nice to have elite power. Rendon is interesting though because of the positions he can play, his youth and upside.
Id take Rendon because of position scarcity. Admittedly, I saw him much more than Abreu, but he looks like the real-deal to me and I could easily see him improving on last years numbers.

I would keep Trout, Abreu, and Rendon and trade Harper

Captain Hook said:
The Flying Elvis said:

I would keep Trout, Abreu, and Rendon and trade Harper
Might be the smartest decision for next year but I'm a have soft spot for Harper so I'll be keeping him. Just don't want to be the team that gives up on him and then he goes out and hits 40 HRs.

Would you trade Rendon for Strasburg in a H2H points keeper? Keep in mind this isn't Roto so the scoring shifts more for pitching than usual.

I have Trout/Harper as my other two keepers. This will come up but I repeat I CANNOT deal Harper, the offers are not out there for him. It is a very specific team who can still deal Strasburg for Rendon.

For reference Rendon was the #9 scoring batter last year with 522 pts tucked between Cabrera and Abreu.

Strasburg was the #11 scoring SP with 595 pts tucked between Zimmerman and Teheran.

Users who are viewing this thread