What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Two Hours of Live Audible Tonight 4/1 10 pm Eastern (1 Viewer)

Real talk time:

1) Discuss how you factor things like maturity and focus and dedication into your analysis. For example, you seem resolute in your support of Dez Bryant even though many close to him are concerned about his maturity and character, yet frequently belittle players like Jay Cutler as not having the maturity and focus to be winners. How do you juxtapose the two?

2) Miles Austin vs. DeSean Jackson for 2010. Discuss. And couch that with whether Philly sticks with McNabb or goes with Kolb.

3) Assuming Kolb ends up the starter in Philly in 2010, where would you draft him in a standard redraft league? Which QBs would you comfortable take him over?

4) It seems to me that Shon Greene is shaping up to be THE most overvalued player in 2010. I'm seeing him go regularly in the 2nd and 3rd round of redrafts; which tells me too many people assume he'll get 300+ carries in place of Thomas Jones. To me, he doesn't have the ability to handle that kind of workload, and will share considerable time with LT, and possibly Leon Washington or another back yet to be rostered. Where do you stand on Greene's outlook this year?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brian Price had a lack-luster pro day work out while Everson Griffin had a very productive one. Do you see these results affecting their draft positions much? Could Griffin now come off the board before Price? Seems to me I've seen Price rated a little higher.

What difference do you see in the abilities of Pouncey and Iupati? Other than positional need why would you draft one ahead of the other? It seems to me that all things being equal the Center position is more critical than Guard given the responsibilities the Center has in calling out blocking assignments. Please give me a quick Tutorial on scouting these positions and where my thesis falls short.

Sigmund, It shouldn't be too hard to convince your wife that an August Telluride vacation is in order!!!

Gentlemen!

I have an opportunity to join a start-up dynasty league. It's pretty standard non-PPR scoring (with a slight bonus for long TDs). The draft will be auction style with a $200 cap.

I really want to do this but I have NO IDEA how to scout for dynasty. Can you give me a few pointers for how not to be the sucker at the table?

Thanks, as always, for all you do.

What kind of a season do you expect from Knowshon Moreno? In college it seemed like he had such great balance, but so far in the pros he seems to get knocked down a little easy. Do you think he will get that worked out or can we expect more of the same? Do you expect him to form into a complete back in the pros?

Hey Sig and Cecil.

Thanks for all the great podcasts this non-playing season. Loving the 2 hours format.

With all all the news about McNabb...what is a McNabb dynsaty owner to do? I believe my team is a contender this year but right now I only have Matt Moore at QB2. Is the strategy to wait until an deal that seems inevitable happens then address a trade? McNabb in AZ seems unlikely but would be ideal and Oakland is the worst case scenario.

If he ends up in Buffalo...will we finally see the potential of Lee Evans realized?

Finally, do you have thoughts on the strength of the 2011 draft class? I can trade a 2010 1st (1.07) and an 2011 1st for the 1.02 overall this year - does that seem to be good value?

Thanks

Spiller, Spiller, Spiller....top rb off the board...this is the concensis of almost every draft show & publication out there.

HOWEVER ... rb's w/ his M O have been more "Bush" league or Ronald McFadden than "Johnsonesque"; at least for fantasy purposes lately.

I can see a case for him in a ppr where you get pts for return yards also. Otherwise I wouldn't pick him until the middle of the

first round in a rookie draft, especially if it is standard scoring.

Am I way off base?

Have I had one to many glass of the Jack?

Is there a scoring scenario where he should go 1:01?

Where would you take him at this point?

Enlighten your unworthy servant!!!!!!!!

Hey Guys,

1- Look out! A Buffalo Bills question... I really like Fred Jackson, but I'm worried about that offensive line AND the quarterback situation AND the fact that the Bills will probably have the lowest payroll in the NFL in 2010. If Jackson is my sleeper this year, in what round do you feel is prudent to select him in PPR leagues?

2- Who gets the #2 WR targets in Big D this year? Roy "you-must-deliver-the-ball-to-me-on-a-silver-platter" Williams? Some kid named Ogletree? Or DEZ BRYANT?

3- Will there be any consistent WR target in Miami's passing offense in 2010? Bess? Hartline? DEZ BRYANT?

4- Do you think Mohamed Massoquai is the unquestioned #1 WR in CLE? He was last year, but does Robiskie or someone else stand a chance to get significant targets or even take over the #1 role?

Thanks

(Matt Jones!)

Hey guys,

1. What is your opinion on the new overtime rule passed recently and do you think it's likely that the rule will be passed for regular season games at some point?

2. What is the best football game at any level that you have ever had the privilege of watching?

3. How likely is it that the Panthers will address the QB position in the draft? Fox and Hurney generally don't spend draft picks on the QB position (Matt Moore acquired as an undrafted free agent), but is this the year to change the strategy?

Keep up the good work :lmao:

Gentlemen,

It seems like there are not a lot of elite cornerbacks in this draft class. The "expert" consensus that I am seeing has no more than three or four likely to go in the first round (Joe Haden, Kyle Wilson, Devin McCourty, and maybe Kareem Jackson or Dominique Franks).

How much of does a particular team's style of defense dictate which cornerback they might draft? For example, does Haden's style fit better in a "Cover 2" approach rather than man coverage? Or vice versa?

Do you see any of these players potentially being in the Revis/Asomugha "shutdown corner" mold?

If either Wilson or Haden (in that order) is still on the board at #18, I would love to see our Steelers make that pick. It seems that the knock on both of these guys is that they don't possess elite speed. Wouldn't they pair up well with Ike Taylor (who's among the fastest players in the league) -- Ike can take the burner WR and the rook can match the "possession" receiver. What say you?

What do you think the chances are that one of those guys is still on the board at 18?

Thanks for sharing your opinions!

WR Evaluation Categories & 2010 RSP

Going through the 2010 RSP WR Evaluation Categories (Great Job Matt!!) I noticed Dez Bryant appaears only as a TOP prospect in Balance, he is good in the other categories but NOT evaluated as the TOP option. Which makes me wonder why would a team thinking of drafting Dez in the first round would not trade for Brandon Marshall?

Using the same categories from the RSP (Separation / Routes / Receiving / Elusiveness / Ball Handling / Balance / Blocking) can you make a side by side comparison between Dez and Brandon?

Finally what type of financial commitment will a team have to make for Brandon services vs. Dez (based on where you think he will be drated)?

For analysis sakes lets not consider that BM is a head case and is one step from a long suspensions.

Thanks

In a td heavy league where scoring is 1 point per 20 yards rushing or receiving and td's are 6 points and 40+ yard td's 9 points, how would you rank the top 3-4 upcoming rookie running backs? Thanks

Assuming the Rams take Bradford, what does that do for Sjax? He's an excellent receiver out of the backfield and has shown he can succeed despite teams focusing in on him. Does Sjax put up better, worse, or similar stats with a rookie QB.

Is Bulger even on the Rams any more?

Hi guys,

Long time FBG subscriber, you guys ROCK!.. Last year in my Dynasty league I drafted Jared Cook and Rashaad Jennings. What do you see for the two of them this season? I'm particularly concerned about Jennings. Is he worth a roster spot?

Ben Roethlisberger: Buy Low, Sell High or Hold?

In January Jene Bramel made the remark (below) in the IDP Forum that Roman Harper and Eric Weddle are the only DB's he absolutely trusts to follow a good 2009 season with a similiar year in 2010. Do you agree or would you add anyone else to that small list?

Very hard to trust the defensive back group from year to year.

The only guys I'd trust to absolutely retain their current roles and top value into 2010 are Roman Harper and Eric Weddle. I could make a convincing downside argument for anyone else on the list, including Tyvon Branch and Yeremiah Bell. There are a whole host of guys with good value, but Harper and Weddle are the only two I think have clear 70+ solo value with some big play upside next year.
Link

Sig, what are your scouting notes on Larry Asante, Mike McLaughlin and Jeff Owens?

The Bears have Martz. Which means the Bears will have relevance this season in fantasy football. What do you project from Cutler, perhaps the best QB Martz has ever worked with from a talent standpoint. Also, which wide receiver is the one to get as of now (predraft).

Users who are viewing this thread