What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ty Warren (1 Viewer)

RUN HARD

Footballguy
Why is he ranked so LOW? Has something changed for the 2007 season? Last year he put up nice numbers...but for 2007...his numbers are going to nose dive....why?

Norton projects 39 tackles / 17 assists / 7 sacks....and Bloom 45/25/4. In 2006 Warren had 56/28/7.5

As far as rankings:

Norton IDP PROJ --- 40th

Experts REDraft ----- Norton * / Bloom 24 / Pasquino 35 / Baker 24 / Bramel 26 / Magaw 24

Dynasty ---Pasquino 38

Using MY FBG on my scoring Norton 35th....Bloom 24th

Warren finished 4th Overall in my league. So maybe I should see if I shoud trade him.

Thanks...just wondering what was going on.

http://xpertsports.com/league/playerlist.p...nd=8&pick=1

Less chances he lines up wide to rush the passer.

Patriots were short handed at the LB spot last year and it was to Warrens benefit.

Expect an increase in 2 gap responsibilities, between the tackle and guards, for Warren and thus less sacks. Im sure FBGs are just rating him accordingly.

so maybe deal him...if someone thinks he is still going to put 06 numbers?
The easy answer is yes. The 3-4 Ends play too much like tackles.But Warren is highly talented and I have had him several time over the past couple years because of this. Last year was a nice return to get on so cheap of a cost. I wouldnt be shocked if he put up another 7-8 sacks.But will he get another 84 tackles??? I just can't see it. So if you get full value, I would probably consider trading him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think his 56 solo tackles and 7.5 sack season was way beyond what 3-4 DE's usually are capable of, and I personally think he will drop back to some of his past statistical seasons. I would say 45 or so tackles and a handful of sacks. This is a perfect sell high candidate in my opinion. I had him last year in a deep dynasty league (contract league) and traded him recently for Byron Leftwich and a 2008 2nd round pick. The other owner inquired and made that offer and I accepted immediately because I needed QB depth and loved getting a 2nd for a player I really didn't want. Find someone who likes last years numbers and get some decent value. I don't think you will get a whole lot, but if you think he drops off, now is the time to move him while his value is still high. When someone has a career year, that is the time to trade them.

My case against Warren from January.

I'm not uniformly against 3-4 ends, but you have to be absolutely certain of their all-around talent to assume top 20 value in all but the most tackle heavy scoring systems. Warren would be one of three or four that I'd consider rostering, but I wouldn't be investing much to get him or turning down a reasonable offer to move him.

What lions and Dr. Jene said. If you league does happen to only give something like 2x tackle points for a sack, he becomes a lot more viable.

What lions and Dr. Jene said. If you league does happen to only give something like 2x tackle points for a sack, he becomes a lot more viable.
Scoring is 2X tackle pts for a sack....Tackles = 1.5, Sacks = 3.0.Using MYFBG you had him as #31 for 2007 under STANDARD scoring...using my laegue scoring he jumped up to 24. I'll shop him, but I can live with im as my #2.

Sigmund Bloom said:
Bloom has me on ignore. :thumbup:
what BST said too - sorry to leave you out, Im just used to agreeing with those guys, its almost like an autoreply. you definitely contribute a lot to these boards, i have taken notice

Users who are viewing this thread