What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Updated IDP Rankings (1 Viewer)

The Shizzle

Footballguy
Where is a good source for updated post season IDP Rankings? FBG stops their ranking during the season, so it is hard to find another reputable source.

My IDP dynasty rankings are up, except for overall. I will likely update every 2 weeks or so, until the March free agency period, then weekly thereafter, barring time restraints.

My IDP dynasty rankings are up, except for overall. I will likely update every 2 weeks or so, until the March free agency period, then weekly thereafter, barring time restraints.
Tony is the man. We are about to be on the road covering the all star games for the next three weeks, but after that, my IDP rankings will be updated. I don't want to update them without giving y'all the time and energy it deserves, and I just can't do that right now.

I look forward to seeing the dynasty rankings, but dtour77 and I need some guidance on our postseason fantasy endeavors. Which IDP guys are going to rack up points today and tomorrow? Any ideas?

Why on earth do you have Kevin Carter in your top 60 DL? I don't get it.He will be 35 years old this year.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why on earth do you have Kevin Carter in your top 60 DL? I don't get it.He will be 35 years old this year.
The question is where on earth I got his date of birth from, because I have him being four years younger. I removed him.Thanks for pointing that out.

I know most of you won't like this answer, but I think I owe you all a post anyway.

I have a hard time with rankings for the most part, for any number of reasons, and especially IDP rankings this time of year in dynasty leagues. Too much will happen in free agency, draft and the first post-draft mini-camps to trust a set of rankings in January. What would you have done with Cato June, Donnie Edwards, etc, etc e.g. last year at this time? I also pretty strongly believe in using a one year window with IDPs and re-evaluating every offseason, although I'll sometimes extend the window to an extra year in the case of young LBs with upside.

For that reason, my first rankings won't be published until after all the coaching and scheme changes occur and the first group of major free agents move. which should again be early March. Those rankings will still change through July, but two major variables will have been removed between now and March.

As always, I'm happy to compare and contrast the merits of any number of players in a given tier either here or in the AC Forum. To echo what Sig has said already, Borbely is the man for efforting to keep up with a ranking that will look entirely different by May 15 than it does today. :goodposting:

Jene, they don't have to be set in stone, ...just an educated guess based on what you believe their relative 2008 value (talent, situation, etc.) will at this current snapshot in time. That's the fun part. Things are constantly changing.

It's always great to compare/contrast the rankings of 2 of more of the knowledgeable FBG staff!

After today's performance I think Atari Bigby should move up a notch or two :goodposting:
I'm glad you mentioned Bigby. He is a good example of how tough it is to rank players now, as well as the even worse in-season rankings. Bigby had a stretch of terrible games in the latter part of the year. He wasn't covering well, he committed some terrible penalties and his tackling was not good. He is hard to rank, especially after seeing one good game. That is what makes in-season rankings so tough; we see a small sample size carry too much weight. I am not convinced Bigby starts next year, so there is no way I can rank him higher right now. I will not change a player based on one good game that is fresh in our memories. It is very early, and these type of situations will sort themselves out. But like Jene said, there are many changes to come, and that has a big affect on the accuracy of dynasty rankings.

36 year old Michael Strahan over soon to be 27 year old Robert Mathis? Mathis has 38 sacks to Strahan's 27.5 over the last four years. Would you really trade Mathis for Strahan straight up in a dynasty league? I would laugh at someone if they made me that offer.

36 year old Michael Strahan over soon to be 27 year old Robert Mathis? Mathis has 38 sacks to Strahan's 27.5 over the last four years. Would you really trade Mathis for Strahan straight up in a dynasty league? I would laugh at someone if they made me that offer.
Here are my opinions on the two, and the reason for my ranking them where I did:Mathis saw his playing time reduced in the latter part of the year due to ineffectiveness in run defense. If not for that, I would have Mathis ranked higher. I believe they will be keeping his snap counts lower because of poor play in run defense, and thus, his tackle numbers will drop significantly. Mathis had 1 or fewer solo tackles in 7 of his 13 games played in 2007. That is a significant stat. Unless they state that Mathis will play more snaps like he did in 2005 and 2006, then he will remain close to where he is right now. I would rather have Strahan unless my outlook next year was bleak. Mathis is not so good that he is a must have DL. There are too many instances where age is overrated, and in my opinion, this is one of them. Strahan is playing at a high level and I would not trade him for Mathis unless I was in a rebuilding situation. The biggest reason is Mathis losing snaps in run defense. His tackle numbers in 2007 were bad, and unless it is a league which is weighted to big plays, I'd rather have Strahan. If I am a rebuilding team, I'd rather have Mathis. If my team has a chance to contend, I'd rather have Strahan.

To add to the above couple of player discussions, if a compelling point is made about a certain player or players, I will change rankings from time to time. Note that it has to be a point that I agree with, or perhaps something I missed or didn't take into account. We all have to realize that we will never have the same opinion about every player. My rankings are not etched in stone.

After today's performance I think Atari Bigby should move up a notch or two :goodposting:
I'm glad you mentioned Bigby. He is a good example of how tough it is to rank players now, as well as the even worse in-season rankings. Bigby had a stretch of terrible games in the latter part of the year. He wasn't covering well, he committed some terrible penalties and his tackling was not good. He is hard to rank, especially after seeing one good game. That is what makes in-season rankings so tough; we see a small sample size carry too much weight. I am not convinced Bigby starts next year, so there is no way I can rank him higher right now. I will not change a player based on one good game that is fresh in our memories. It is very early, and these type of situations will sort themselves out. But like Jene said, there are many changes to come, and that has a big affect on the accuracy of dynasty rankings.
Bigby was the NFC Defensive Player of the Month for December. Its not just this game. The guy makes dumb mistakes (eta: penalties mostly) but he is a thumper with range ...

After today's performance I think Atari Bigby should move up a notch or two :thumbup:
Bigby was the NFC Defensive Player of the Month for December. Its not just this game. The guy makes dumb mistakes (eta: penalties mostly) but he is a thumper with range ...
He got burned a lot in coverage and that caused him to give up a lot of big plays and also a lot of penalties. I'm not sold on him starting next year. Rouse was impressive before getting hurt. Time will tell. But I have to rank based on my thoughts.

Where can I find said updated dynasty rankings?
rankings
This link hasn't had an update in 14 days or something. ...doesn't matter, can I get a 15 day old ranking???
Mine are updated...but be aware that a lot of situations are not known, an example being will the Bengals play a 4-3 or 3-4, where will Gibril Wilson play, SS or FS, etc.

Where can I find said updated dynasty rankings?
rankings
This link hasn't had an update in 14 days or something. ...doesn't matter, can I get a 15 day old ranking???
Mine are updated...but be aware that a lot of situations are not known, an example being will the Bengals play a 4-3 or 3-4, where will Gibril Wilson play, SS or FS, etc.
Thanks for the fast response!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread