What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vick ranked #28? (1 Viewer)

Not Sleeping

Footballguy
Just saw on Fantasy Pros that Dodds has Vick ranked as the #28 QB this week, and Foles as the #29. What does that even mean? He thinks they'll both be benched? Some QB on that team is going to put up serious points on the Saints. Maybe it's time to pick up Trent Edwards? :rolleyes:

I say Vick finishes as a top 3 QB this week. :football:

Vick's schedule for the 1st 7 games have arguably been the toughest in the league. Yes, he's turned the ball over a ton but he's also taken the most hits of any QB in the league by far. He's also still been a solid fantasy QB. Now his schedule gets considerably easier. If they stop trying to pin all of the blame on the guy he could be the fantasy comeback player of the year for the second half. Top 3 production possible. Seems like he's holding on to the job by a thread so I wouldn't be shocked if they pulled him Monday night at the first sign of struggle. It'd be too bad though because his fantasy potential is massive from here on out.

Dodds regularly does that with his rankings when he thinks someone may not play. If Jordy Nelson is injured, for instance, he'll project him for something like 2 catches for 25 yards and bump everyone else up slightly.

It's an odd way to do it, but once there is more clarity about the starter, he'll change it.

I can't see Vick getting benched until they are truly out of the race. As Vick goes, so does Reid. Once Vick is benched, so is Reid's tenure in Philly, so I think he'll stick with Vick until the end.

Love the news. Dodds latest ranking. All good stuff. Yet, I hope it buys me a window to sell Vick while I still can.
Anybody that watches football wouldn't be buying Vick right now.
He's the best buy low in the league right now. 1st 7 games impossible schedule, last 8 games probably among top 6 easiest. Eagles defense stinks to boot.
However there is an off chance he just sucks it up against the Saints... and hello Foles.

Love the news. Dodds latest ranking. All good stuff. Yet, I hope it buys me a window to sell Vick while I still can.
He's the best buy low in the league right now. 1st 7 games impossible schedule, last 8 games probably among top 6 easiest. Eagles defense stinks to boot.
However there is an off chance he just sucks it up against the Saints... and hello Foles.
So, in a redraft, go pick up Foles, and then buy Vick :)

Sure, anything can happen. Still, you can get him at bargain basement prices right now. Dallas is the toughest D left on the schedule. Washington twice, Tampa, carolina. The best part is most of these teams are going to score points so he's going to be chucking it. He's 5 points away from being a top 7 fantasy QB thusfar, even with all of the turnovers and not having had a huge game yet. Why wouldn't you try to get this guy cheap?

I would be hesitant to rank him high for the sheer fact of Reid & Marty gameplanning / playcalling..which has been at its worst during their tenure together.

Sure, anything can happen. Still, you can get him at bargain basement prices right now. Dallas is the toughest D left on the schedule. Washington twice, Tampa, carolina. The best part is most of these teams are going to score points so he's going to be chucking it. He's 5 points away from being a top 7 fantasy QB thusfar, even with all of the turnovers and not having had a huge game yet. Why wouldn't you try to get this guy cheap?
If you can get Vick for cheap I agree go for it. He's been a lot better for fantasy this season than people give him credit for and his schedule does lighten up. If he loses his job and you gave up nothing for him what harm did it do? But if he does turn it around starting Monday night and you got him for cheap you could be in sweet shape at QB the rest of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread