What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

waiver wire Def for week 15 (1 Viewer)

Ariz (@Tenn) and NO (@Stl) available.

What do you guys think? Third option is Tenn (vs Ariz)
I always go with a home team. I really like Tenn this week for some reason.
I couldn't agree more. Yes, Zona has been on a roll, but Palmer is due for one of those horrific performances where he throws 3 picks. I think Tenn D plays very well this week.
Yep, same here. So much so, I picked them up to start over the 49ers.
This exemplifies why the "sharks" are so bad. The chances of SF out scoring TN with team DEF is astronomical.
Astronomical. Ok.

I see a Niner's team due for a huge letdown, after beating the Super Bowl faves, and flying to the eastern time zone to play a team they should theoretically beat handily. But the Bucs have quietly won four of five overall, and three in a row, and want to run the ball, with Glennon attempting 25 passes or fewer six games in a row.

Palmer, on the other hand, has attempted less than 28 passes ONCE this year, and has taken 18 sacks and thrown 9 picks in his six road starts. Glennon at home, in the same number of starts, has 12 sacks against and 6 INTs.

I think I would rather have the defense, at home, against a team that will likely air it out, than the niners going three time zones away, in what will likely be a grinder.

I may be wrong, but I don't envision the huge mismatch that you do. And who cares anyway? I'm one voice in a thousand, and people are here to get opinions. They still have to figure it out for themselves. Seriously, get over yourself. Your God complex is showing.

:goodposting:
I'm with Chachi. And giving yourself a goodposting? Seriously?

LMFAO at benching SF for TEN
I agree, but less on SF and more on TEN. I remember way back when in weeks 1-6 when they were a nice D, scoring about 12 ppg in my league. Since then, they have exactly 7 points in 7 games (-points for more than 21 points let up). If you get penalized for higher scores, they have been terrible, against stalwarts such as Oakland, Jacksonville, St. Louis, SF, Indy twice and Denver. In the Denver game they were -5 because of points and the fact that the didn't record a single defensive stat.

I wouldn't trust Tennessee right now at all. In those 7 games, 3 were at home for -3, 5, and -4. Arizona has been playing well and could succumb to the East Coast road game blues, but I put my trust in Arizona @ Tennessee. I'll trust a team that has put up more points in 5 of 6 games that TEN has scored total in its last 7 games. The only game they didn't was @ Philly, where Foles has thrown 1 INT all year.

Weird, but Arizona and Tennessee have a lot of common opponents lately:

Arizona: ATL 19, HOU 11, @JAC 9, IND 16, @PHL 2, STL 23

Tennessee: @STL 3, JAC 5, IND -4, OAK 4, @IND 7, @DEN -5

If the game was at Arizona, there would be no question, but 3 common opponents in the last 6 and 1 each against a solid O (@DEN, @PHL) and a couple sub-par Os (ATL, HOU, OAK). Points wise, you have Arizona at 80 and Tennessee at 10. At Tennessee, evens it out a little, but 15 ppg to 2 ppg is a really wide margin.

Just noticed Detroit on WW. My opponent grabbed Cincy off waivers.

For me it's between keeping Buffalo, Philly, or Detroit.

Buffalo doesn't seem to be able to stop anything and makes their money on sacks and big plays.

Philly seems like the safest bet. They haven't scored less than 10 points since week 4. And they have a decent match up.

Detroit is probably more of the swing for the fences variety DST. They could shut out Baltimore if they get to Flacco consistently, but Baltimore is known for busting out of their offensive shell at random times, especially in December.

I've picked up the Steelers who are up against the Bengals at home.

Andy Dalton doesn't seem to play well in his primetime games, here are his stats, including Sunday/Monday/Thursday night as well as playoff games.

W-L Record : 2-5

Comp: 147 -262 (56%)

Yards : 1455 (207/gm)

Td/Int: 3-9 (.42 - 1.2 /gm)

Any of you guys rolling with AZ thin the loss if the Honey Badger will make an impact? The guy was one of the front runners for DROY so I would think that's kind if a big deal... No? I don't watch AZ too closely, so looking for some insider input here.

Shorts and Jones Drew also out if anyone is still rolling with buffalo.

I'm still going philly, but good to know if they are available for you.

Trying to decide between Philly and Buffalo

Is MIN offense really worse than Jax Today? Jax will probably be without Jones-Drew and maybe Shorts.

Minny at least has some capable weapons in the passing game (Jennings, Patterson, at times Simpson can get deep)

Henne vs Cassel is a toss-up, but Cassel seems to look better to me at this moment.

For now, I'm sticking with Buffalo, but we'll see as it gets closer.

Part of the argument for Philly over buff is Philly d has been solid last few games and buff has been faltering. And without Alonso today. I still haven't decided between the two in one league tho

Part of the argument for Philly over buff is Philly d has been solid last few games and buff has been faltering. And without Alonso today. I still haven't decided between the two in one league tho
Yea...Alonso's loss could be a tiebreaker in this one.

Another thing working in Philly's favor is that they need to keep winning to reach the playoffs. I'd expect them to jump out to lead and then Cassel will be playing from behind all day.

Stuck on Buffalo right now but if AP is out I lean Philly. If Gerhart is out I am jumping on the Eagle train and riding that dang ole thang.

Just noticed Detroit on WW. My opponent grabbed Cincy off waivers.

For me it's between keeping Buffalo, Philly, or Detroit.

Buffalo doesn't seem to be able to stop anything and makes their money on sacks and big plays.

Philly seems like the safest bet. They haven't scored less than 10 points since week 4. And they have a decent match up.

Detroit is probably more of the swing for the fences variety DST. They could shut out Baltimore if they get to Flacco consistently, but Baltimore is known for busting out of their offensive shell at random times, especially in December.
MNF home game in the dome, DET will stop the run and pass rush should be on their game. Tough decision between them and PHI

I'm stuck between Philly and Buffalo as well

How's Philly's pass rush? Last week's game was a fluke in that blizzard.

Dang...for those debating between PHilly and Buffalo

Philly - NO AP and no Toby

BUffalo - No MJD and no Shorts

MJD is a game time,

for Philly I will roll w/them if ADP is out. Not as worried though he has played great w/toby.

If your league rewards/deducts for yardage or scoring though I wouldnt go with Philly the O/U is >50pts.

According to K-TWIN's Sean Jensen, both Adrian Peterson (foot) and Toby Gerhart (hamstring) are out for Sunday's Week 15 game against the Eagles.

The Vikings' players were reportedly informed the decision on Saturday night, meaning neither back will even get a chance to state their case in warmups. It leaves Minnesota with Matt Asiata, Joe Banyard and FB Jerome Felton as candidates to carry the ball. We'd expect Asiata to get the start, but talent/experience limitations coupled with the Eagles' poor secondary should lead to a pass-heavy approach. Asiata would be a total shot in the dark as a desperation plug-n-play.
A source tells ESPN's Adam Schefter that Cecil Shorts (groin) won't play in Sunday's Week 15 game against the Bills.

Shorts' latest groin aggravation proved too much for him to overcome this week. It leaves the Jags with Mike Brown and Ace Sanders as starting wideouts. And with Maurice Jones-Drew (hamstring) also expected to sit, Jordan Todman will be at running back. We're not expecting the Jags to generate very much offense despite a plus home matchup with the Bills.
Related: Mike Brown, Ace Sanders

Source: ESPN.com
Dec 15 - 10:44 AM

Can't believe the PHI D is playing this bad so far.

Hoping for a fluke TD somewhere to salvage something. Yes, I know it is early.

Ariz (@Tenn) and NO (@Stl) available.

What do you guys think? Third option is Tenn (vs Ariz)
I always go with a home team. I really like Tenn this week for some reason.
I couldn't agree more. Yes, Zona has been on a roll, but Palmer is due for one of those horrific performances where he throws 3 picks. I think Tenn D plays very well this week.
Yep, same here. So much so, I picked them up to start over the 49ers.
This exemplifies why the "sharks" are so bad. The chances of SF out scoring TN with team DEF is astronomical.
Astronomical. Ok.I see a Niner's team due for a huge letdown, after beating the Super Bowl faves, and flying to the eastern time zone to play a team they should theoretically beat handily. But the Bucs have quietly won four of five overall, and three in a row, and want to run the ball, with Glennon attempting 25 passes or fewer six games in a row.

Palmer, on the other hand, has attempted less than 28 passes ONCE this year, and has taken 18 sacks and thrown 9 picks in his six road starts. Glennon at home, in the same number of starts, has 12 sacks against and 6 INTs.

I think I would rather have the defense, at home, against a team that will likely air it out, than the niners going three time zones away, in what will likely be a grinder.

I may be wrong, but I don't envision the huge mismatch that you do. And who cares anyway? I'm one voice in a thousand, and people are here to get opinions. They still have to figure it out for themselves. Seriously, get over yourself. Your God complex is showing.

:goodposting:
49ers 25 fantasy points

Titans 2 fantasy points

The Chachinator warned you.

Sort of happy with the Arizona results. The 34 points cost me -5, but they still got the other TOs, sacks and a TD, so 10 points, which is still pretty solid. I don't think anyone else I looked at had a better game, so it worked out. Sticking with KC in the other league with no penalties proved to work out better than Arizona as well. Pretty sure I am through in one playoff game, not so sure in another. I'm up, but you never know. I wish I was as good with Ks as I have been with Ds this year. I decided to stick with Tucker instead of picking up Bailey. I guess Tucker could kick 6, but I think I'd rather have the 23 or so already. I'll start thinking about Ds for week 16 on Tuesday.

phili def killed me in a league. somebody dropped the bills and I almost picked them up....but I didnt. that 20 point swing cost me a shot at the title

Nothing hurts more than watching ur team lose tomorrow cause u dropped buffalo defense for Philly.

My heart hurts

Picked up buff d last week and guessed right this week. Second option was indy.

Picked up Detroit this week for next week and looking to get san diego on waivers so l have two options in case detroit defensive guys get injured tonight or look gawd awful. Hope this helps out.

Users who are viewing this thread