What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waldman Waiver Wire Report - Very Nice ! (1 Viewer)

Curado Kev

Footballguy
Long time FBG subcriber and wanted to thank Joe for letting Waldman put out a great waiver wire report today - The list along with details are fantastic !!

Maybe he's done it in the past, but I wanted to send Kudos for a great email/write-up !

Thanks Kev

Long time FBG subcriber and wanted to thank Joe for letting Waldman put out a great waiver wire report today - The list along with details are fantastic !! Maybe he's done it in the past, but I wanted to send Kudos for a great email/write-up ! Thanks Kev
:goodposting: I assume this is new (I never noticed it before) and it is a great feature. I love the format and find it a lot easier to use than the Offensive Upgrades/Waiver article. The adds may or may not be useful depending on league/roster size but I really like to read Matt's reasoning on the drops.

I too enjoyed this new feature. In depth reasoning why the players are worth being picked up or dropped. Great job Matt!

funny that the OP started this thread because I read it on the subway and thought the exact same thing.. I love the reasoning behind why one player over another

good job

Totally agree with all the positive comments thus far! Hopefuilly this will become a regular weekly offering. thanks Matt!!

This is my first year as a subscriber and honestly i was a little hesitant about paying for a service where i can get information elsewhere. I am fully impressed and will be subscribing for years to come. I like waldmans write up as well. Kudos

I love the way Waldman takes all that football from Sunday, still buzzing and finds a way to systematically prioritize the adds/drops this early in the week. Very timely information ahead of our waiver & add/drop schedule. We collectively do a WW flavor of the week thread in the SP, and it's got all the usual suspects. But it usually lacks a cohesion of analysis, and breaks down into a bunch of opinions that are thrown on the wall, and it's up to us to figure out which opinion is most objective, and which is just a homer opinion. Waldman is able to not only list them in priority, but tell you the reasoning behind that priority. I think this is a valuable email and I look forward to it every week.

Also, Pasquino did a very similar Saturday thread that was timely and I think should also be a regular thread if not separate email. A lot of times, it isn't till late in the week when we see situations develop out of a game time decision or late injury. Such was the case with both Denarius Moore when Ford and DHB were downgraded to out, and Decker when Lloyd was downgraded to out. These were late changing situations, but if you paid attention, you could pick them for free and get huge performances, not to mention beat everyone to next week's waiver wires. If there is a way to convince Pasquino to do likewise, it would be a welcome Saturday evening email to receive.

Thanks Guys. Matt did a fantastic job on this. As you can imagine, these things are tough to do after the games with such a quick turnaround. He keeps telling me I should set him up with a condo in Hawaii so he can take advantage of the time zones...

For anyone that cares, this was a pretty big behind the scenes move. I hate making an inseason change in process as once the season hits, there is just very little time to think about new things as we just try to grind out the features we've promised and get them to you on time.

But I felt like we had a definite need for a report like this to be ready for you Monday morning. We had done this type of thing in the past with Bob Henry but a couple of years ago we asked Bob to jump over to helping David get the future projections going in order to have the projections and other content to you earlier in the week.

I just felt we needed to fill that need with the Monday Morning Waiver Wire as outside of cheatsheet rankings, that's really what our guys are looking for.

100% of the credit to Matt - he did a fantastic job on this. :thumbup:

J

Glad you guys enjoy it. A lot of credit also to Bloom for consulting with me so we could put a couple of pairs of eye balls on this and develop a good philosophy moving forward with it.

funny that the OP started this thread because I read it on the subway and thought the exact same thing.. I love the reasoning behind why one player over anothergood job
Righetti, let me reiterate something I said to you a few years ago: never change your avatar.

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Yes, as a subscriber (+ a big fan of Waldman's articles) I have really wished this kind of thing existed previously. Good to see it added.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, I really enjoy the players to drop. I like this for a little confirmation on a player I am considering dropping, seeing as how when you add you have to subtract.

Ok so I have a quick question someone may know. What is the criteria for a league host to determine eligibility for positions within the NFL. The reason why I ask is because Tim Tebow was lined up as a WR yesterday because of the rash of injuries to the Broncos. If a QB such as Tebow is two position eligible, and can be inserted into a lineup as a WR, when the fans come clammoring for him as they have in the past, this could have the potential to be a huge advantage to teams willing to stash him on a roster in hopes of Fox giving him his shot. What say you?

I hope Matt gets a beautiful GF who blows everybody's minds. I also think he should go directly to Heaven.

Agreed with the kudos given on this page. Thanks Matt...I'm now following you on Twitter too (In addition to Jene and Bloom). My cell phone is blowing up but it's well worth it.

Ok so I have a quick question someone may know. What is the criteria for a league host to determine eligibility for positions within the NFL. The reason why I ask is because Tim Tebow was lined up as a WR yesterday because of the rash of injuries to the Broncos. If a QB such as Tebow is two position eligible, and can be inserted into a lineup as a WR, when the fans come clammoring for him as they have in the past, this could have the potential to be a huge advantage to teams willing to stash him on a roster in hopes of Fox giving him his shot. What say you?
Are you serious?????? Start a tread on this subject!!!!!! :wall: :wall:

Between this and the audible it's my favorite feature so far. Please keep it up each week and it is an invaluable resource!!!!!

Only "enhancement" I'd like to see if possible, and I know it may not be given the monday morning send out, is some commentary when applicable regarding different view for dynasty leagues (Jamaal, Deji, Jamie Harper comments might differ if dynasty, etc.).

If this can't be worked in it is still a good upgrade over the previous (that's not to say the previous wasn't effective or helpful, it was), that's ok.

Thanks for continuing to improve.

Yes I'm serious since Tim Tebow is probably available on most wavier wires. There is no sense in creating another thread on this. This place is cluttered enough.

Yes I'm serious since Tim Tebow is probably available on most wavier wires. There is no sense in creating another thread on this. This place is cluttered enough.
There is no other thread on this, yours would be the very first. This thread is to show our gratitude for an outstanding addition to a subscriber content that's perfect for a Monday morning when many of us are managing our roster for the next week. No one is thinking about Tim Tebow in this thread. I'm not trying to be funny but this is redunkulas! Start a Tebow thread and see where it goes.

funny that the OP started this thread because I read it on the subway and thought the exact same thing.. I love the reasoning behind why one player over anothergood job
Ditto here. All I had a chance to look up before now and worth the read.

The lack of punter upgrades and downgrades is a major drawback ;)

Like everyone else, this was a great, timely, and easily digestible read. Very well done :thumbup:

I noticed on the website that there's a comments section as well. Another great addition that I hadn't noticed. :thumbup:

-QG

Awesome as folks want instant feedback from the staff. Matt's a sharp guy and this is information that not everyone will have on Monday Morning, he must be up all night working on this. Fantastic job by FBG.

While most folks are still whining over poor performances by their team or beating their chests over big weeks, the primary focus of winning FF players on Monday morning should be the waiver wire. What happened on Sunday is over - how can FBG help me moving forward? Waldman's report is damn near perfect - kudos to him and Joe & Co. for recognizing the need for this piece.

Users who are viewing this thread