What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (2 Viewers)

Jeff,Wdis....need two: Garcon,Little,Caldwell,Moore,Clayton,WilliamsThanks.......figure fred,SJ and Foster are a givenAny reason to keep both Cundiff and Kasay
keep kasay over cundifffred is out i thinkstart williams and caldwell (assuming green out), and moore
L. moore over little and Gacon so if im clear....start 2rb,1flex, 3Wr'sFoster,sjax bench Jackson who goes in my flexStart Wallace,Williams,Caldwell,L. moore ?? yes, as long as Green does not play. If green plays, Garcon over Caldwell

8 Team League, Redraft League, Non-PPRWeekly Starting Requirements - QB, 2 RBS, 2 WRS, 1 TE, 1 RB/WR FLEX, 1 K, 1 DEFOffensive Scoring System -Passing Yards 25 yards per point; 3 points at 350 yardsPassing Touchdowns 5Interceptions -1Rushing Yards 10 yards per point; 3 points at 175 yardsRushing Touchdowns 6Reception Yards 10 yards per point; 3 points at 175 yardsReception Touchdowns 6Return Yards 25 yards per pointReturn Touchdowns 62-Point Conversions 2Fumbles Lost -2Offensive Fumble Return TD 6- My RosterQB- Ben Roethlisberger, Matthew StaffordRB- Darren McFadden, LeSean McCoy, Rashad Mendenhall, Chris JohnsonWR- Mike Wallace, Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Marshall, Percy HarvinTE- Jermichael FinleyK- Neil RackersDEF- SteelersLast week I had a roster problem and dropped AJ Green for Percy Harvin. Since Harvin is going to have carries as well as catches, I'm thinking his value might have gone up. But I still keep looking at AJ Green out on the waiver wire. Do you think I should drop Brandon Marshall, Brandon Lloyd or Percy Harvin to pick up AJ Green? Any help is appreciated. Thank you
no, i like your others over green given his upcoming schedule

Hello Jeff, PPR in sigWeeKs 15 and 16 are our playoffs(I have a bye week 14)Pu Kitna for insuranceHearing Fred Gone ouch HELP?? that hurtI know I need to concentrate on those two weeks: 15 16Redman,White,Ware,Scott,Thomas Jones,T. jones,Woodhead,Vareen.Cobb in on the wire(hear choice let go,with Royster being brought up), but I just wanted you to let me know what you think I need to do most for those weeks.Just wasn't sure about thoughts on Foster during week 15 and 16 if they are still doing well.Sorry for all the reading.....JUST VERY UPSETTING LOSING SUCH A STUD LIKE FRED. I got White pu for Fred....but can always drop. Also dropped Choice for Royster......both can be changed......wonder about Redman getting touches at end of year.Thanks very much, and Happy Thanksgiving
Doubtful anyone can replace Fred, but White and Choice are your best bets. I would also use this chance to pick up as many upside RBs as you can. Kitna is hurt so you can dump him.

Hi Jeff

Standard PPR league

Lost RB Jackson for the year

1. Who would you start this week at RB:

D. Williams @ Indy

Gerhart @ Atl

Tomlinson vs Buff

Which 2 at WR and which 2 at flex (WR/TE) would you start:

AJ @ Jax if he plays

H. Nicks @ NO

N, Washington @ TB

A. Brown @ KC if AJ is out

E. Bennett @ Oakland

G. Olsen @ Indy

Thanks...

Hi JeffStandard 0.5 PPR leagueLost RB Jackson for the year, gotta replace him in lineup, but have flex as option:choices are:RB McKnightRB Marion BarberRB Toby GerhartWR A J Green (still gimpy as of Fri, but looks like he'll go)
Hey, I think I would roll with Gerhart assuming Peterson is out.

Hello Jeff, PPR in sigWeeKs 15 and 16 are our playoffs(I have a bye week 14)Pu Kitna for insuranceHearing Fred Gone ouch HELP?? that hurtI know I need to concentrate on those two weeks: 15 16Redman,White,Ware,Scott,Thomas Jones,T. jones,Woodhead,Vareen.Cobb in on the wire(hear choice let go,with Royster being brought up), but I just wanted you to let me know what you think I need to do most for those weeks.Just wasn't sure about thoughts on Foster during week 15 and 16 if they are still doing well.Sorry for all the reading.....JUST VERY UPSETTING LOSING SUCH A STUD LIKE FRED. I got White pu for Fred....but can always drop. Also dropped Choice for Royster......both can be changed......wonder about Redman getting touches at end of year.Thanks very much, and Happy Thanksgiving
Doubtful anyone can replace Fred, but White and Choice are your best bets. I would also use this chance to pick up as many upside RBs as you can. Kitna is hurt so you can dump him.
I got Cobb,Alexander....got white .............. ....redman,"choice,Vareen, scott are out there. Choice first on these? and drop Royster?

Last edited by a moderator:
I got Cobb,Alexander....got white .............. ....redman,"choice,Vareen, scott are out there. Choice first on these? and drop Royster?
like redman over royster ... also never hurt to nab upside guys like choice if you have room. Buffalo will be a mess without a run game

like redman over royster ... also never hurt to nab upside guys like choice if you have room. Buffalo will be a mess without a run game
Guess drop cobb or Alexander for Choice ?.....have to wait til in the morning for that////D. Thomas is available too?

Guess drop cobb or Alexander for Choice ?.....have to wait til in the morning for that
drop alexander i think

Hey Jeff, subscriber here.

I just lost Den Moore this week. I have also had Ford and DHB. I had Oakland pegged a great source of WR points this year but no, they have been snakebit.

So now I need a WR3, really for this week which I must win.

10 teamer - Standard scoring, 0.5 PPR, 6 pts/TD.

Who do I add here specifically to get the most points this week?

Top tier, w/ opponent:

Damian Williams TB

Harry Douglas MIN

Titus Young GB

Tampa Mike Williams @TN

Greg Little @CIN

Garcon CAR

Vince Brown DEN

Santana Moss @SEA

Rice WAS

Riley Cooper NE

Next tier:

Bennett @OAK

Caldwell CLE

Cotchery @KC

Kyle Williams @BAL

Decker @SD

Meachem NYG

Reggie Cobb @DET

Donald Driver @DET

I've sort of passed on Mike Williams TB by now.

Now I have Damian Williams penciled in as the starter; Moss on the bench but am seriously, seriously considering picking up Riley Cooper given he had 12 targets last week, that Vick and Maclin will likely be out, and that NER is such a great WR matchup this year.

Bonus question: when do people start seriously considering dropping Steve Johnson? If he bombs again this week? He is also on my bench but he is not starting until he sdhows up again in a big way.

Thanks!!!

Hey Jeff, subscriber here.

I just lost Den Moore this week. I have also had Ford and DHB. I had Oakland pegged a great source of WR points this year but no, they have been snakebit.

So now I need a WR3, really for this week which I must win.

10 teamer - Standard scoring, 0.5 PPR, 6 pts/TD.

Who do I add here specifically to get the most points this week?

Top tier, w/ opponent:

Damian Williams TB

Harry Douglas MIN

Titus Young GB

Tampa Mike Williams @TN

Greg Little @CIN

Garcon CAR

Vince Brown DEN

Santana Moss @SEA

Rice WAS

Riley Cooper NE

Next tier:

Bennett @OAK

Caldwell CLE

Cotchery @KC

Kyle Williams @BAL

Decker @SD

Meachem NYG

Reggie Cobb @DET

Donald Driver @DET

I've sort of passed on Mike Williams TB by now.

Now I have Damian Williams penciled in as the starter; Moss on the bench but am seriously, seriously considering picking up Riley Cooper given he had 12 targets last week, that Vick and Maclin will likely be out, and that NER is such a great WR matchup this year.

Bonus question: when do people start seriously considering dropping Steve Johnson? If he bombs again this week? He is also on my bench but he is not starting until he sdhows up again in a big way.

Thanks!!!
I think Vincent Brown and Damian Williams have the best shot at a huge game. I would give Santana a week coming off the long layoff. Damian Williams had tons of targets last week without much production and this could be the week he puts it together. SD plays DEN so Brown could do ok, but the Bronco defense has played well.Stevie has been hurt by the poor play of the O Line. Fitzpatrick has had to get rid of the ball too quickly and the absence of a running game will not help any.

My team is this

QB - Vick and Tebow

RB - Joseph Addai, Lagarrate Blount, CJ Spiller, Brandon Jacobs

WR - Mike Wallace, Julio Jones, Santonio Holmes, Jabar Gaffney

TE - Jake Ballard

Defense - Bengals

What do you think for a RB2, WR2, and Flex?

Also these guys are available on waivers

RB - Marion Barber, Peyton Hillis, John White

WR - Hester, Breaston, Doug Baldwin, Damian Williams, Santana Moss, Earl Bennett

TE - Greg Olsen, Kellen Winslow, Scott Chandler, Heath Miller

Do you think I should drop anyone and pick someone up for the year?

Also if you advise the moves should I start them this week? If possible rank this separate from the first portion in case i decide not to make the move

EDIT : Non PPR btw

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Guess drop cobb or Alexander for Choice ?.....have to wait til in the morning for that
drop alexander i think
Thanks very much Jeff,The Great thing is I can coast setting at 10-1 with a bye in week 14 Any Ideas you have for weeks 15,16 are Much appreciated.

Jeff, PPR in Sig

They say Green is playing.....would you dump Caldwell for another of the upside Rb's now?

Side note.....someone dropped Jacoby Jones......more rb's on wire are:Thomas Jones(they have a nice schedule 15 or 16 i think,vareen,woodhead,Scott,Lumpkin,Leonard,SCott......lookin at any upside for week 15,16

Thanks

'RAZRr1275 said:
My team is thisQB - Vick and TebowRB - Joseph Addai, Lagarrate Blount, CJ Spiller, Brandon JacobsWR - Mike Wallace, Julio Jones, Santonio Holmes, Jabar Gaffney TE - Jake BallardDefense - BengalsWhat do you think for a RB2, WR2, and Flex?Also these guys are available on waiversRB - Marion Barber, Peyton Hillis, John WhiteWR - Hester, Breaston, Doug Baldwin, Damian Williams, Santana Moss, Earl BennettTE - Greg Olsen, Kellen Winslow, Scott Chandler, Heath MillerDo you think I should drop anyone and pick someone up for the year?Also if you advise the moves should I start them this week? If possible rank this separate from the first portion in case i decide not to make the moveEDIT : Non PPR btw
I would drop Gaffney and Addai for Hillis and Santana Moss. Damian Williams would be my next choice, fyi. I would start Blount and Hillis (Jacobs if Hillis does not play) for RB2/flex. For the WRs, I would go with Wallace and Holmes. In addition I like Olsen this week over Ballard who is questionable after the injuries last week. Good luck

'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
Hello Jeff, PPR in sig

WeeKs 15 and 16 are our playoffs(I have a bye week 14)

Pu Kitna for insurance

Hearing Fred Gone ouch HELP?? that hurt

I know I need to concentrate on those two weeks: 15 16

Redman,White,Ware,Scott,Thomas Jones,T. jones,Woodhead,Vareen.Cobb in on the wire(hear choice let go,with Royster being brought up), but I just wanted you to let me know what you think I need to do most for those weeks.

Just wasn't sure about thoughts on Foster during week 15 and 16 if they are still doing well.

Sorry for all the reading.....JUST VERY UPSETTING LOSING SUCH A STUD LIKE FRED. I got White pu for Fred....but can always drop. Also dropped Choice for Royster......both can be changed......wonder about Redman getting touches at end of year.

Thanks very much, and Happy Thanksgiving
drop alexander i think
Thanks very much Jeff,The Great thing is I can coast setting at 10-1 with a bye in week 14 Any Ideas you have for weeks 15,16 are Much appreciated.
I have not thought too much about things that far in advance with all of the injuries each week. It seems whatever plans for then will be moot.

Jeff, PPR in SigThey say Green is playing.....would you dump Caldwell for another of the upside Rb's now?Side note.....someone dropped Jacoby Jones......more rb's on wire are:Thomas Jones(they have a nice schedule 15 or 16 i think,vareen,woodhead,Scott,Lumpkin,Leonard,SCott......lookin at any upside for week 15,16Thanks
Some upside guys: McKnight, MBarber, Taiwan Jones, and Karim if digging deep

'RAZRr1275 said:
My team is thisQB - Vick and TebowRB - Joseph Addai, Lagarrate Blount, CJ Spiller, Brandon JacobsWR - Mike Wallace, Julio Jones, Santonio Holmes, Jabar Gaffney TE - Jake BallardDefense - BengalsWhat do you think for a RB2, WR2, and Flex?Also these guys are available on waiversRB - Marion Barber, Peyton Hillis, John WhiteWR - Hester, Breaston, Doug Baldwin, Damian Williams, Santana Moss, Earl BennettTE - Greg Olsen, Kellen Winslow, Scott Chandler, Heath MillerDo you think I should drop anyone and pick someone up for the year?Also if you advise the moves should I start them this week? If possible rank this separate from the first portion in case i decide not to make the moveEDIT : Non PPR btw
I would drop Gaffney and Addai for Hillis and Santana Moss. Damian Williams would be my next choice, fyi. I would start Blount and Hillis (Jacobs if Hillis does not play) for RB2/flex. For the WRs, I would go with Wallace and Holmes. In addition I like Olsen this week over Ballard who is questionable after the injuries last week. Good luck
Who do you like at flex? Julio, Santana, Spiller, or Jacobs? Thanks

'RAZRr1275 said:
Who do you like at flex? Julio, Santana, Spiller, or Jacobs? Thanks
I would normally say Julio but i like to give gimpy players a week to return before relying (same for Moss) .... so Jacobs and hope for a TD. Dont trust Spiller

Jeff,

So my "elite" receiving corp has been anything but lately. Who do I bench out of the following in a 12 team PPR league (pick one to bench) Andre johnson @ atlanta Mike williams (tam) v carolina Larry fitzgerald v dallas Dez bryant @ arizona C.j. spiller v ten One of these will go in my flex and one will sit...thoughts?

I know spiller isn't very popular in the fantasy world but I really like him going forward,what's your feelings on him?

So I'm in a situation that I must win two games against the top two teams in the league to make the playoffs and their teams are hot as of late so this is what I'm thinking about and I was wondering what you think

On defense ditch the Bengals for the Jets as they have better matchups the next 2 games

Kicker - Pick up Janikowski or Gould for Hanson

TE - Maybe pick up Celek or Kellen Winslow for Ballard

WR - Knox for either Santonio Holmes, Santana Moss, or Manningham

RB - Helu for Spiller, Jacobs, or Hillis

Also how would you prioritize the moves?

Thanks

Jeff,

Sig.....ppr

Is K. Williams worth picking up? I think I best hold on any moves this week. Improve my waiver position.

THanks very much

Jeff, So my "elite" receiving corp has been anything but lately. Who do I bench out of the following in a 12 team PPR league (pick one to bench) Andre johnson @ atlanta Mike williams (tam) v carolina Larry fitzgerald v dallas Dez bryant @ arizona C.j. spiller v ten One of these will go in my flex and one will sit...thoughts?I know spiller isn't very popular in the fantasy world but I really like him going forward,what's your feelings on him?
I would sit either Williams or Fitzgerld. Tempted to sit Spiller but he has a decent matchup.

So I'm in a situation that I must win two games against the top two teams in the league to make the playoffs and their teams are hot as of late so this is what I'm thinking about and I was wondering what you thinkOn defense ditch the Bengals for the Jets as they have better matchups the next 2 gamesKicker - Pick up Janikowski or Gould for HansonTE - Maybe pick up Celek or Kellen Winslow for BallardWR - Knox for either Santonio Holmes, Santana Moss, or ManninghamRB - Helu for Spiller, Jacobs, or HillisAlso how would you prioritize the moves?Thanks
Helu would be my first move, and drop JacobsNot a knox fanLove celek this week, my 2nd fave moveJets def my third movejanikowski would be 4th move

Jeff,Sig.....pprIs K. Williams worth picking up? I think I best hold on any moves this week. Improve my waiver position.THanks very much
i agree, hold off on waiver moves with no urgency or huge moves to make. one wr to consider if you can pull off without using waiver priority would be TO just for upside

Jeff,Sig.....pprIs K. Williams worth picking up? I think I best hold on any moves this week. Improve my waiver position.THanks very much
i agree, hold off on waiver moves with no urgency or huge moves to make. one wr to consider if you can pull off without using waiver priority would be TO just for upside
I can do that in the morning..... Who would you drop Jeff?Also in another league....droop SMith or bradshaw for helu?THanks,Rob

'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
I can do that in the morning..... Who would you drop Jeff?Also in another league....droop SMith or bradshaw for helu?THanks,Rob
drop thomas jones for himdrop kevin smith for helu easily

'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
Sorry that's taiwan jones...?

Jeff~

I picked up Reece and Oak D on waivers last night. Do you see playing Reece over Mendenhall as sharkish or stupid? I need some big numbers. Mathews is a lock, but the other RB slot is up in the air. Also wanted to get your opinion about the Defenses. Oak or Cinci this week? I'm playing the commish, who is also in 1st place with Big Ben, Foster, and MJD just to name a few. Take a look at my team and let me know what you think. Thanks man!

~Sean

'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
sorry, Helu>Taiwan>Kevin Smith>Choice

Jeff~ I picked up Reece and Oak D on waivers last night. Do you see playing Reece over Mendenhall as sharkish or stupid? I need some big numbers. Mathews is a lock, but the other RB slot is up in the air. Also wanted to get your opinion about the Defenses. Oak or Cinci this week? I'm playing the commish, who is also in 1st place with Big Ben, Foster, and MJD just to name a few. Take a look at my team and let me know what you think. Thanks man!~Sean
Hey Sean, I really like NE defense if they are available. If not, I would roll with OAK and hope for some big plays. At RB2, I would go with Mendenhall. Even though I was far from pleased with his outing on Monday night, at least he should get plenty of carries this week in a conservative run-oriented game. Playing Reece might be hoping for a long-odds sleeper who has a chance to produce 20% better numbers. Good luck

Jeff~ I picked up Reece and Oak D on waivers last night. Do you see playing Reece over Mendenhall as sharkish or stupid? I need some big numbers. Mathews is a lock, but the other RB slot is up in the air. Also wanted to get your opinion about the Defenses. Oak or Cinci this week? I'm playing the commish, who is also in 1st place with Big Ben, Foster, and MJD just to name a few. Take a look at my team and let me know what you think. Thanks man!~Sean
Hey Sean, I really like NE defense if they are available. If not, I would roll with OAK and hope for some big plays. At RB2, I would go with Mendenhall. Even though I was far from pleased with his outing on Monday night, at least he should get plenty of carries this week in a conservative run-oriented game. Playing Reece might be hoping for a long-odds sleeper who has a chance to produce 20% better numbers. Good luck
Would you go Mendy over D. Thomas and Ingram (no Suh)? How about Denver D? Better than Oakland for week 13 & 14? I'm going back to Cinci for 15 &16. Stl and Ari respectively.

'bighead2000 said:
'Jeff Tefertiller said:
'bighead2000 said:
sorry, Helu>Taiwan>Kevin Smith>Choice
dropped taiwan for Owens per your recommendation......thanks

Jeff....ppr

Little , moore, D. Williams

Guess I need two of these.

Plus a fex........ Figuring on Wallace,D. Williams,Garcon

and then mayb e Little or Moore in the flex

Thanks

Would you go Mendy over D. Thomas and Ingram (no Suh)? How about Denver D? Better than Oakland for week 13 & 14? I'm going back to Cinci for 15 &16. Stl and Ari respectively.
I think I would still stay with Mendenhall and OAK this week ... I cheked Dodds' projections and he has the same so it seems that these are the two most likely plays.

Jeff....pprLittle , moore, D. WilliamsGuess I need two of these.Plus a fex........ Figuring on Wallace,D. Williams,Garconand then mayb e Little or Moore in the flexThanks
Love Garcon this week. Wallace, Garcon, DWilliams would be my choice at WR, Little with slight edge over Denarius since he is still a little gimpy

Jeff....pprLittle , moore, D. WilliamsGuess I need two of these.Plus a fex........ Figuring on Wallace,D. Williams,Garconand then mayb e Little or Moore in the flexThanks
Love Garcon this week. Wallace, Garcon, DWilliams would be my choice at WR, Little with slight edge over Denarius since he is still a little gimpy
sORRY IT'S LANCE NOT DANARIUSaLSO.....sHORTS NOT WORTH PICKIN UP WITH RELEASE OF HILL?

sORRY IT'S LANCE NOT DANARIUSaLSO.....sHORTS NOT WORTH PICKIN UP WITH RELEASE OF HILL?
lance moore in flexshorts not worth anything with gabbert at qb

Hey Jeff,

3catches=1pt ppr

qb-stafford

rb1-foster

rb2-?

wr1-calvin j

wr2-Colston

te-daniels or keller

flexrb/wr-?

available to fill rb2 and flex are turner,lynch,helu,djax, or spiller.

appreciate your response!

Biggest week of the season! My team that has been completely ravaged by injuries needs one more win to (most likely) make the playoffs.

These guys I'm like 99% sure I will start, though Tebow vs Young isn't clear-cut.

PPR, 5 pt bonuses for 100/150/175 Rush/Rec yds or 300/350/400 Pass yds

QB: Young

RB: Lynch

RB: Helu

WR: Nicks

TE: Davis

That leaves

WR: Doug Baldwin

W/R: Denarius Moore

Bench:

QB: Tebow

RB: DBrown

RB: RGrant

WR: Manningham

WR: LMoore

WR: Knox

Right now, I'm leaning towards Baldwin tonight, then thinking of Moore, Manningham, Brown, or Moore for that flex spot, but I really don't know what to think.

Lance Moore never gets any respect from this site's projections. He is a boom/bust type of guy, but he NEVER does. Moore and Baldwin seem to alternate being flavor of the week; Moore going from a top 15 WR for the rest of the year, down to 50 something today. Baldwin now up to a top 15 WR for the rest of the season seems just as ridiculous now, but I'll take it.

If Jeff, or anyone, has any lineup advice, I'd love to hear it.

Hey Jeff,3catches=1pt pprqb-staffordrb1-fosterrb2-?wr1-calvin jwr2-Colstonte-daniels or kellerflexrb/wr-?available to fill rb2 and flex are turner,lynch,helu,djax, or spiller.appreciate your response!
Lynch for sure, and Turner over Helu.

Jeff,

Robinson,A. Johnson,Hillis,Austin,Holmes,Nelson,Starks

I need two Wr's and a flex out of these?

Cam or Teebow this week?

Thanks!

Jeff,

With Orton now at KC .....is he worth a pu and would that upgrade Baldwin any?

,WElls or Helu this week on another team?

Vjax,Bowe and D. moore....need two

THanks

Users who are viewing this thread