What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

Hey Jeff,

What are you're thoughts on moving up in a deep dynasty draft? It's a 16 Team IDP Dynasty(QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,Flex,TE,11 IDP's with deep benches). Scoring is basic with full PPR and Pass TD's are worth 4 PTS. IDP's aren't big scorers.

I had first pick and drafted McCoy. It's a slow draft and so far the following players are off the board(McCoy, Foster, Rodgers, Rice, Calvin, Stafford)

I was offered the following...

I give up:

My 2nd(32nd Overall)

My 4th(64th Overall)

My 10th(160th Overall

I receive:

His 1st(15th Overall)

His Last 2 picks(35 and 36th rounds)

I was hoping to move back up so that I could pair up McCoy with an elite QB that has a few years left(Newton, Brees) or another stud RB(Matthews, T-Rich, Charles, Forte).

I feel like I'm giving up too much, but don't really have much experience in this deep dynasty format.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Jeff,What are you're thoughts on moving up in a deep dynasty draft? It's a 16 Team IDP Dynasty(QB,RB,RB,WR,WR,Flex,TE,11 IDP's with deep benches). Scoring is basic with full PPR and Pass TD's are worth 4 PTS. IDP's aren't big scorers. I had first pick and drafted McCoy. It's a slow draft and so far the following players are off the board(McCoy, Foster, Rodgers, Rice, Calvin, Stafford)I was offered the following...I give up: My 2nd(32nd Overall)My 4th(64th Overall)My 10th(160th OverallI receive:His 1st(15th Overall)His Last 2 picks(35 and 36th rounds)I was hoping to move back up so that I could pair up McCoy with an elite QB that has a few years left(Newton, Brees) or another stud RB(Matthews, T-Rich, Charles, Forte).I feel like I'm giving up too much, but don't really have much experience in this deep dynasty format.
Hey, you are giving up too much. I would hold tight for now and let the pick get close to your 2nd rounder .... One of the QBs will make it to you

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My Team QB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez His team QB's- S. Bradford, A. Rodgers, M. SanchezRB's- L. Ball, E. Graham, B. Green-Ellis, S. Greene, D. Karim, D. McCluster, D. Murray, I. Redman, C. Williams WR's- D. Bess, B. Edwards, James Jones, R. Meachem, M. Thomas, M. WallaceTE's- A. Gates, B. Pettigrew This team wants to know what I want for G. Jennings but do not really see anything on his team that I could use he does have the 1.04 pick.Do you see anything on his trade that would be about the same value.
I would ask about Jennings/your 1st if lower than the 1/04 for Murray since it is non-ppr
I have the 1.06 and 1.08 so what you are saying is Jennings and 1.08 for Murray and 1.04. I was thinking Jennings for 1.04 and Murray but do you think that is not enough for Murray and the 1.04.
Just depends on how much he likes Murray ... some love the guy. You might try your offer, then add the 1.08 if necessary
I offered it to him but he rejected it with not counter offer. I really need to move some players but no one is willing to trade with me so don't really know what to do. Would you do something like 1.04 & Murray for G. Jennings and either Ingram and Sproles or CJ Spiller and F. Jackson.
I would not overreact and do that deal. It is not in your favor. I would prefer to hang tight for now. Someone will want one of your strong rb/wrs. When do you have to decide Keepers?
Would you trade Finley, Ingram and DJax for Murray

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My Team QB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez His team QB's- S. Bradford, A. Rodgers, M. SanchezRB's- L. Ball, E. Graham, B. Green-Ellis, S. Greene, D. Karim, D. McCluster, D. Murray, I. Redman, C. Williams WR's- D. Bess, B. Edwards, James Jones, R. Meachem, M. Thomas, M. WallaceTE's- A. Gates, B. Pettigrew This team wants to know what I want for G. Jennings but do not really see anything on his team that I could use he does have the 1.04 pick.Do you see anything on his trade that would be about the same value.
I would ask about Jennings/your 1st if lower than the 1/04 for Murray since it is non-ppr
I have the 1.06 and 1.08 so what you are saying is Jennings and 1.08 for Murray and 1.04. I was thinking Jennings for 1.04 and Murray but do you think that is not enough for Murray and the 1.04.
Just depends on how much he likes Murray ... some love the guy. You might try your offer, then add the 1.08 if necessary
I offered it to him but he rejected it with not counter offer. I really need to move some players but no one is willing to trade with me so don't really know what to do. Would you do something like 1.04 & Murray for G. Jennings and either Ingram and Sproles or CJ Spiller and F. Jackson.
I would not overreact and do that deal. It is not in your favor. I would prefer to hang tight for now. Someone will want one of your strong rb/wrs. When do you have to decide Keepers?
That is a lot considering two of those are your keepers and many consider Ingram and Murray close. What would this do to your keepers? Who would you keep then?

That is a lot considering two of those are your keepers and many consider Ingram and Murray close. What would this do to your keepers? Who would you keep then?
Keepers if I did that trade S. Jackson, F. Gore, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Murray, D. Sproles, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson. I do like Ingram for the future but just looking to try to get to my 10 keepers.What 10 players would you kept out of the 12 players that are keep able and what players have the possibly to be there at my picks at 1.06 and 1.08. I am guessing none of them since I am guessing that there will only be 3 or 4 rookies that get picked before vets start getting picked.

Keepers if I did that trade S. Jackson, F. Gore, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Murray, D. Sproles, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson. I do like Ingram for the future but just looking to try to get to my 10 keepers.What 10 players would you kept out of the 12 players that are keep able and what players have the possibly to be there at my picks at 1.06 and 1.08. I am guessing none of them since I am guessing that there will only be 3 or 4 rookies that get picked before vets start getting picked.
I think I would offer Gore instead of Ingram and see if it flies. I see your top 12 keepers as:RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. FinleyThe, the question is which two do not make it: I would say DeSean and either Gore or Fred Jackson. This would leave you with a great young nucleus.Depending on how teams did not keep a QB, I would target a veteran QB in 2nd and two young play makers at 1.06/1.08. I love Doug Martin as a future stud. Also, you could always take either Luck or RG3 at 1.08 if you do not like the other options.

Hey Jeff

I usually don't ask a lot of questions but I have never played in a format like this before. Same league as before. It's a very deep 16 team deep IDP PPR dynasty league(36 man rosters). We're in the middle of a slow draft and I had first pick and chose LeSean McCoy. We start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex and start 11 IDP's but they don't score much in this system.

The guy on the clock right now has offered the following...

I Give:

- 2.16 Round(32nd)

- 3.01 Round(33rd)

- 6.16 Round(96th)

I get:

- 1.13 Round(13th)

- 5.13 Round(77th)

- 6.04 Round(84th)

Player already drafted: McCoy, Foster, Rodgers, Rice, Calvin, Stafford, Charles, Brees, MJD, Brady, Chris Johnson, Andre Johnson

Some notables available: T.Richardson, Nicks, Fitz, Green, Mathews, Peterson, Newton, McFadden, Gronk

Hey JeffI usually don't ask a lot of questions but I have never played in a format like this before. Same league as before. It's a very deep 16 team deep IDP PPR dynasty league(36 man rosters). We're in the middle of a slow draft and I had first pick and chose LeSean McCoy. We start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex and start 11 IDP's but they don't score much in this system.The guy on the clock right now has offered the following...I Give:- 2.16 Round(32nd)- 3.01 Round(33rd)- 6.16 Round(96th)I get:- 1.13 Round(13th)- 5.13 Round(77th)- 6.04 Round(84th)Player already drafted: McCoy, Foster, Rodgers, Rice, Calvin, Stafford, Charles, Brees, MJD, Brady, Chris Johnson, Andre JohnsonSome notables available: T.Richardson, Nicks, Fitz, Green, Mathews, Peterson, Newton, McFadden, Gronk
I would do that deal and take CAM since it is a larger league and QBs are in short supply. AJ Green & T Richardson would be my next two choices.Feel free to ask as often as you wish. I try to check in every day ... but do not always have time.

Hey JeffI usually don't ask a lot of questions but I have never played in a format like this before. Same league as before. It's a very deep 16 team deep IDP PPR dynasty league(36 man rosters). We're in the middle of a slow draft and I had first pick and chose LeSean McCoy. We start: QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, Flex and start 11 IDP's but they don't score much in this system.The guy on the clock right now has offered the following...I Give:- 2.16 Round(32nd)- 3.01 Round(33rd)- 6.16 Round(96th)I get:- 1.13 Round(13th)- 5.13 Round(77th)- 6.04 Round(84th)Player already drafted: McCoy, Foster, Rodgers, Rice, Calvin, Stafford, Charles, Brees, MJD, Brady, Chris Johnson, Andre JohnsonSome notables available: T.Richardson, Nicks, Fitz, Green, Mathews, Peterson, Newton, McFadden, Gronk
I would do that deal and take CAM since it is a larger league and QBs are in short supply. AJ Green & T Richardson would be my next two choices.Feel free to ask as often as you wish. I try to check in every day ... but do not always have time.
Thanks, Jeff! I was thinking the same thing especially with Rodgers, Brees, Brady and Stafford all gone.

Hi Jeff,

would you trade MJD and 1.06 rookie pick for J.Stewart and 1.01 rookie pick (I would draft Richardson)

NO PPR, all TDs 6 pts, we start 1QB, 2RB, 3WR,...

at RB I have: AP, MJD, Murrey, Mendy.

Thanks in advance

I ended up taking that offer and drafted Cam. But the guy with the current pick on the clock has been trying to trade for Cam ever since I drafted him 2 days ago and apparently his final offer is now....I Give up:Cam Newton(Drafted at 1.13)4.16(64th)7.01(97th)10.16(160th)I Receive:2.03(19th) 3.14(46th)6.03(83rd)12.03(179th)Players Drafted: McCoy, Foster, Rodgers, Rice, Calvin, Stafford, Charles, Brees, MJD, Brady, Chris Johnson, A.Johnson, Newton, Forte, Gronk, Peterson, Julio Jones, T-RichBest Available: Nicks, Fitz, Green, Mathews, Jennings, McFadden, Graham, D.Bryant, Britt, M.Wallace, Roddy, D.Martin, WelkerI also have another deal on the table: I give up my 64th and 65th picks for the 37th and 100th.Are either of these deals worth it?My Current picks.1.01(LeSean McCoy)1.13(Cam Newton)4.165.015.136.047.01And so on...

Jeff,Would you draft P. Manning in a redraft league? What are you hearing on him?Thanks,Rob
Hey Rob, I would draft Manning, but not before guys like Vick, Rivers, etc. And, if you do draft him, look for Schaub as a QB2 for insurance. Taking Manning offers upside so need a decent QB2 to mitigate risk

I ended up taking that offer and drafted Cam. But the guy with the current pick on the clock has been trying to trade for Cam ever since I drafted him 2 days ago and apparently his final offer is now....I Give up:Cam Newton(Drafted at 1.13)4.16(64th)7.01(97th)10.16(160th)I Receive:2.03(19th) 3.14(46th)6.03(83rd)12.03(179th)Players Drafted: McCoy, Foster, Rodgers, Rice, Calvin, Stafford, Charles, Brees, MJD, Brady, Chris Johnson, A.Johnson, Newton, Forte, Gronk, Peterson, Julio Jones, T-RichBest Available: Nicks, Fitz, Green, Mathews, Jennings, McFadden, Graham, D.Bryant, Britt, M.Wallace, Roddy, D.Martin, WelkerI also have another deal on the table: I give up my 64th and 65th picks for the 37th and 100th.Are either of these deals worth it?My Current picks.1.01(LeSean McCoy)1.13(Cam Newton)4.165.015.136.047.01And so on...
I would keep for now. He is worth much more than those picks. Elite QBs are worth a mint in big leagues. On the other deal, it looks good but I would wait until the picks got closer before accepting just to make sure it is something you still want. Since you have traded up, you might consider trading back a few times in the early/middle rounds just to get ammo to move back up when there is someone you like

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex,

My Team

QB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick

RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson

TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez

Would you trade B. Marshall, J. Nelson, & J.Finley for S. Johnson and R. Grankowski is this a fair trade or would I need to add something to it I do have 1.06 & 1.08 to add if needed.

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My TeamQB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez Would you trade B. Marshall, J. Nelson, & J.Finley for S. Johnson and R. Grankowski is this a fair trade or would I need to add something to it I do have 1.06 & 1.08 to add if needed.
While I love Gonkowski, I think you are way overpaying. You might try Nelson and Finley for Gronkowski and a throw in if he is a player you covet.

14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 Flex

My Team

QB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck

RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory

Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress

TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez

K- M. Crobsy

DEF- Chicago

Just received this trade C. Johnson for 1.3 and 1.4 but think I will turn it down my question is this team has the 1.01 pick and was wondering if you would counter with something like the 1.01 and 1.04 for C. Johnson or is that still not enough for C. Johnson.

Thoughts on this offer in PPR dynasty:

Give Britt

Receive: Collie, Quick and 2013 1st (1.8- 1.12)

My roster:

Stafford, Cutler

Forte, Sproles, Best, D. Brown, K. Smith, P. Thomas, scrubs

Britt, D. Thomas, S. Smith (car), D. Moore, E. Decker, D. Baldwin, scrubs

Finley, Keller, D. Clark

I love Britt, but think Collie is underrated and Quick could be a stud. Britts injury is the only reason I'm considering this. Is my Wr depth good enough to absorb the hit if Quick is a bust?

14 team dynasty league standard scoring 1QB, 1 RB, 1 WR 1 TE, 3 Flex My Team QB's M. Ryan, M. Hasselbeck RB's C. Johnson, S. Jackson, M. Jones-Drew, D. Carter, C. Ivory Wr's- R. Wayne, M. Austin, S. Moss, J. Nelson, P. Burress TE's- J. Witten, A. Hernandez K- M. Crobsy DEF- Chicago Just received this trade C. Johnson for 1.3 and 1.4 but think I will turn it down my question is this team has the 1.01 pick and was wondering if you would counter with something like the 1.01 and 1.04 for C. Johnson or is that still not enough for C. Johnson.
I agree. I would not trade Johnson unless getting Richardson in the deal

Thoughts on this offer in PPR dynasty:Give BrittReceive: Collie, Quick and 2013 1st (1.8- 1.12)My roster:Stafford, CutlerForte, Sproles, Best, D. Brown, K. Smith, P. Thomas, scrubsBritt, D. Thomas, S. Smith (car), D. Moore, E. Decker, D. Baldwin, scrubsFinley, Keller, D. Clark I love Britt, but think Collie is underrated and Quick could be a stud. Britts injury is the only reason I'm considering this. Is my Wr depth good enough to absorb the hit if Quick is a bust?
I think a healthy Britt is worth much more so it is best to wait until healthy. The good news is that - at least for now - he has stayed out of trouble.

10 team dynasty league Standard scoring No PPR, 1 QB, 2RB,s 3 WR's, 1 TE

My Team

QB's- M. Stafford, A. Dalton

RB's- M. Turner, J. Stewart, F. Gore, W. McGahee, J. Best

WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, AJ Green

TE's- A. Hernandez, D. Keller

K- D. Bailey, R. Bironas

DEF- San Francisco

His Team

QB's- C. Newton, P. Rivers

RB's- L. McCoy, M. Lynch, M. Ingram, Addia

WR's- A. Boldin, James Jones, N. Washington, J. Maclin

TE's- J. Graham, H. Miller

I was offered J. Maclin and 1.05 for AJ Green and 1.07 I rejected this trade but I see he has Graham and was wondering what you would offer him for Graham. I would probably offer Hernandez and possibly one of my WR's but don't know which one would make it a fair trade.

Hey Jeff,

I could use some help with this offer:

16 Team IDP PPR Dynasty League. We start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex. We're in the middle of an offline draft in the third round. So far I have LeSean McCoy and Cam Newton after some wheeling and dealing. We're currently at pick 3.04 and the guy who owned picks 2.16 and 3.01 is offering me the two players he drafted with those picks.

The offer is...

I Give Up:

Cam Newton

8.16(128th)

I Receive:

Philip Rivers(2.16)

Doug Martin(drafted at 3.01)

I currently have the following picks:

And so on...

Best Players Available(RB,WR,TE): Dez Bryant, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt, Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz, Jonathan Stewart, Miles Austin, Dwayne Bowe, Aaron Hernandez, Vernon Davis, Mark Ingram, Jermichael Finley

I'm thinking I can land a solid WR at 3.14 to go with Rivers, McCoy and Martin if I pull the trigger.

Thoughts?

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My TeamQB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez One team has Brady, Vick, Ryan & Newton I know he will kept all 4 QB's because he has kept 3 in the past so what would you trade for either one of his QB's he needs a TE and could use another WR. I also have the 1.06 & 1.08 picks I could use.
i would target Brady or Cam and offer Gonzalez, one of the Jackson WRs, and Dalton or Freeman
I offered V. Jackson, Gonz & 1.08 for Brady but he turned it down and said he was not looking for a TE what about the 2 Jacksons and my 1.08 or Gore and V. jackson for Brady.He is also interested in trading Ryan what would you give up for him or would I be better off not trying for Ryan and just picking the best QB with my 2nd round pick if I did not get Brady.

10 team dynasty league Standard scoring No PPR, 1 QB, 2RB,s 3 WR's, 1 TEMy TeamQB's- M. Stafford, A. Dalton RB's- M. Turner, J. Stewart, F. Gore, W. McGahee, J. Best WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, AJ Green TE's- A. Hernandez, D. Keller K- D. Bailey, R. Bironas DEF- San Francisco His TeamQB's- C. Newton, P. RiversRB's- L. McCoy, M. Lynch, M. Ingram, AddiaWR's- A. Boldin, James Jones, N. Washington, J. MaclinTE's- J. Graham, H. Miller I was offered J. Maclin and 1.05 for AJ Green and 1.07 I rejected this trade but I see he has Graham and was wondering what you would offer him for Graham. I would probably offer Hernandez and possibly one of my WR's but don't know which one would make it a fair trade.
4Wise rejecting that. Green is worth almost as much as Calvin to many. I think you hold tight with Hernandez and keep the WRs unless you can give Holmes or Jackson and Hernandez for Graham. Otherwise, I would stay put

Hey Jeff,I could use some help with this offer:16 Team IDP PPR Dynasty League. We start 1 QB, 2RB, 2WR, Flex. We're in the middle of an offline draft in the third round. So far I have LeSean McCoy and Cam Newton after some wheeling and dealing. We're currently at pick 3.04 and the guy who owned picks 2.16 and 3.01 is offering me the two players he drafted with those picks. The offer is...I Give Up: Cam Newton8.16(128th)I Receive:Philip Rivers(2.16)Doug Martin(drafted at 3.01)I currently have the following picks: 3.145.136.046.107.018.169.01And so on...Best Players Available(RB,WR,TE): Dez Bryant, Wes Welker, Brandon Marshall, Kenny Britt, Jordy Nelson, Percy Harvin, Victor Cruz, Jonathan Stewart, Miles Austin, Dwayne Bowe, Aaron Hernandez, Vernon Davis, Mark Ingram, Jermichael FinleyI'm thinking I can land a solid WR at 3.14 to go with Rivers, McCoy and Martin if I pull the trigger.Thoughts?
I would lean that way too, but would see if you can a) give a later pick than 8th and b) get another pick upgrade thrown in since CAM is a stud in the bigger league

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My TeamQB's- Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, F. Gore, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, B. Marshall, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez One team has Brady, Vick, Ryan & Newton I know he will kept all 4 QB's because he has kept 3 in the past so what would you trade for either one of his QB's he needs a TE and could use another WR. I also have the 1.06 & 1.08 picks I could use.
i would target Brady or Cam and offer Gonzalez, one of the Jackson WRs, and Dalton or Freeman
I offered V. Jackson, Gonz & 1.08 for Brady but he turned it down and said he was not looking for a TE what about the 2 Jacksons and my 1.08 or Gore and V. jackson for Brady.He is also interested in trading Ryan what would you give up for him or would I be better off not trying for Ryan and just picking the best QB with my 2nd round pick if I did not get Brady.
It is doubtful he will keep both QBs so offering one of the Jacksons might be enough (along with Freeman) for Ryan. Would be a solid move. For Brady, I would definitely give both Jacksons, Gore, and a QB (but might hold onto the pick if you can)

Hi Jeff,

would you give 1.10 rookie pick + Maclin (or Austin) for Gronkowski or Graham?

This is NO PPR, dynasty league, we start ...3WRs, 1TE. At WRs I have (Marshall, Austin, Maclin, Colston, D.Moore). My TE currently is irrelevant.

Thanks in advance.

10 team dyansty league standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB's, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Def

QB's- M. Stafford, A. Dalton

RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, J. Stewart, W. McGahee, J. Best

WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, AJ Green

TE's- A. Hernandez, D. Keller

K- D. Bailey, R. Bironas

DEF- San Francisco

Hofefully I did not make a miskate but accepted a trade because I was thinking it was a no brainer to take the trade so accepted trade within two minutes it was offered to me.

So I traded F. Gore for D. McFadden now tell me weather that was a good or bad decision.

It is doubtful he will keep both QBs so offering one of the Jacksons might be enough (along with Freeman) for Ryan. Would be a solid move. For Brady, I would definitely give both Jacksons, Gore, and a QB (but might hold onto the pick if you can)
Have not heard back from the Brady trade but did receive an e-mail from another owner that would trade either Rivers or Stafford for Gore or S. Jackson and B. Marshall. So which one of the QB's would you want and which one of the RB's would you trade if this is a trade you would make.

'Tempest said:
Hi Jeff,would you give 1.10 rookie pick + Maclin (or Austin) for Gronkowski or Graham?This is NO PPR, dynasty league, we start ...3WRs, 1TE. At WRs I have (Marshall, Austin, Maclin, Colston, D.Moore). My TE currently is irrelevant.Thanks in advance.
yes, in a heartbeat even though I think both Maclin and Austin will have good years

'Packers4ever said:
10 team dyansty league standard scoring no PPR, 1 QB's, 2 RB's, 3 WR's, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DefQB's- M. Stafford, A. Dalton RB's- D. McFadden, M. Turner, J. Stewart, W. McGahee, J. Best WR's- G. Jennings, V. Jackson, D. Bryant, S. Holmes, AJ Green TE's- A. Hernandez, D. Keller K- D. Bailey, R. Bironas DEF- San Francisco Hofefully I did not make a miskate but accepted a trade because I was thinking it was a no brainer to take the trade so accepted trade within two minutes it was offered to me. So I traded F. Gore for D. McFadden now tell me weather that was a good or bad decision.
great deal for you

'Packers4ever said:
Have not heard back from the Brady trade but did receive an e-mail from another owner that would trade either Rivers or Stafford for Gore or S. Jackson and B. Marshall. So which one of the QB's would you want and which one of the RB's would you trade if this is a trade you would make.
Gore+Marshall for either QB is a steal. If Stafford can stay healthy, he is the way to go ... but the injury risk is present. Many (not I) like him over all by Rodgers and CAM for dynasty

Gore+Marshall for either QB is a steal. If Stafford can stay healthy, he is the way to go ... but the injury risk is present. Many (not I) like him over all by Rodgers and CAM for dynasty
Still have not heard back from either of my trades for Brady or Rivers but another team wants to if I would be interested in Romo. Thinking of offering him V. Jackson, B. Marshall & F. Gore for Romo and Steve Johnson would that be to much for them two and if so what would you offer instead.

Still have not heard back from either of my trades for Brady or Rivers but another team wants to if I would be interested in Romo. Thinking of offering him V. Jackson, B. Marshall & F. Gore for Romo and Steve Johnson would that be to much for them two and if so what would you offer instead.
I would just offer Freeman, Gore, and VJax for Romo and Johnson. I would not trade away Marshall now that he has been re-united with Cutler

Finally got a counter from this team and ended up trading Gore, Marshall, & 2.06 for Rivers & 3.02. So I guess now my QB is taken care of and now I can take two young players with my 1.06 & 1.08 since I managed to kept both of those picks.

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex,

My Team

QB's- P. Rivers, Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick

RB's- S. Jackson, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, J. Nelson

Would you trade J. Nelson & D. Jackson for K. Britt or would this be to much? I send him a message that I might trade J. Nelson for Britt just to feel him out. Also would you be comfortable starting the 2 Packer WR's and their TE all year.

Hello brother Jeff,

I hope you are well..... as I'm sure you are. Enjoy the tweets. I know I'm blessed in many many ways.

Which qb's and Te's would you be targeting in a redrat around the 6th to 9th round?

I"m thinking starting rb's are very thin....prbly load on rb's and Wr's rounds 1-5 or 6. we start 3 wr's and 2rb plus a flex ppr league.

Thanks,

Rob

I get: Gronkowski, Pick 4 overall, Ed Dickson, Panthers DST

I give: Andre Johnson, Jermichael Finely, pick 15, Benn, Winslow, and Seahawks d (dont use)

My WR's are: Fitzgerald, Jennings, AJ Green,Dez BRYANT Julio Jones, Percy Harvin and Desean Jackson.

We start 3wrs and a flex spot and a te spot,

its a PPR 12 team league have drafted well with WRs

Pick 4, i'd take best available WR, or QB

To whomever wishes to respond,

I am playing in a .5PPR, 12 Team Dynasty league. We just completed our draft and we have 6 teams over the salary cap. One of these teams is $30+ over the cap limit and trading the following players would bring him under cap:

Desean Jackson - $37.58

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB - $32.70

Aaron Hernandez - $36.54

My team is $50 underneath the cap and is in a prime position to make a move on one of these teams who are in cap violation.

I've offered:

1st Rounder for CJ Spiller.

-

Alternatively, there is a team that is currently $85 over the cap limit. The players on his team that I would be interested in are:

Donald Brown - $30.06

Percy Harvin - $59.03

-

Below is my team's roster:

QB:

Matthew Stafford

Robert Griffin III

Matt Flynn

RB:

Darren McFadden

Beanie Wells

Ryan Williams

Jahvid Best

Rashard Mendenhall

WR:

Dez Bryant

Demaryius Thomas

Demarius Moore

Jerome Simpson

Reggie Wayne

Eddie Royal

TE:

Tony Moeaki

Robert Housler

Scott Chandler

Marcedes Lewis

What do you think?

My Team

QB's- Philip Rivers, Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick

RB's- S. Jackson, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles

WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, J. Nelson

Would you trade J. Nelson and D. Jackson for M. Wallace is this an even trade this team really only has Wallace as a WR and no other WR's worth keeping.

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My TeamQB's- P. Rivers, Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. GonzalezWould you trade J. Nelson & D. Jackson for K. Britt or would this be to much? I send him a message that I might trade J. Nelson for Britt just to feel him out. Also would you be comfortable starting the 2 Packer WR's and their TE all year.
I think that is too much, but Britt has a high upside if he can stay out of trouble and off the injury list. He is a guy I want to buy cheap(er)

Hello brother Jeff,I hope you are well..... as I'm sure you are. Enjoy the tweets. I know I'm blessed in many many ways.Which qb's and Te's would you be targeting in a redrat around the 6th to 9th round?I"m thinking starting rb's are very thin....prbly load on rb's and Wr's rounds 1-5 or 6. we start 3 wr's and 2rb plus a flex ppr league.Thanks,Rob
Thanks for the kind words. I really like Tamme this year and Gonzalez is slipping a long way in drafts I have been in. Both are steals where they are currently drafted. At QB, I would look at Vick, Ryan, Romo, or Eli. If you get Peyton or Vick, try to back them up with someone like Big Ben or Schaub. At RB, Ryan Williams and Doug Marting are two guys who could really do well this year.

I get: Gronkowski, Pick 4 overall, Ed Dickson, Panthers DST I give: Andre Johnson, Jermichael Finely, pick 15, Benn, Winslow, and Seahawks d (dont use) My WR's are: Fitzgerald, Jennings, AJ Green,Dez BRYANT Julio Jones, Percy Harvin and Desean Jackson. We start 3wrs and a flex spot and a te spot, its a PPR 12 team league have drafted well with WRs Pick 4, i'd take best available WR, or QB
This feels like selling AJ and Finley low, but I would probably do this deal. The 1.04 is a tough pick this year unless you like one of the rookie QBs.

To whomever wishes to respond,

I am playing in a .5PPR, 12 Team Dynasty league. We just completed our draft and we have 6 teams over the salary cap. One of these teams is $30+ over the cap limit and trading the following players would bring him under cap:

Desean Jackson - $37.58

Spiller, C.J. BUF RB - $32.70

Aaron Hernandez - $36.54

My team is $50 underneath the cap and is in a prime position to make a move on one of these teams who are in cap violation.

I've offered:

1st Rounder for CJ Spiller.

-

Alternatively, there is a team that is currently $85 over the cap limit. The players on his team that I would be interested in are:

Donald Brown - $30.06

Percy Harvin - $59.03

-

Below is my team's roster:

QB:

Matthew Stafford

Robert Griffin III

Matt Flynn

RB:

Darren McFadden

Beanie Wells

Ryan Williams

Jahvid Best

Rashard Mendenhall

WR:

Dez Bryant

Demaryius Thomas

Demarius Moore

Jerome Simpson

Reggie Wayne

Eddie Royal

TE:

Tony Moeaki

Robert Housler

Scott Chandler

Marcedes Lewis

What do you think?
You have such a good young nucleus, I would try to make that deal for Spiller, Hernandez, or Harvin. The last two improve your starting lineup. It seems as though you might be able to get a great deal (value-wise) with teams in peril over the salary cap. I might try to offer the Harvin owner a 2nd and lesser/cheaper WR to see if you can get him on the cheap

10 team, 10 player keeper league, Standard scoring with No PPR & 6pts for passing TD's, 1 QB, 2Rb's, 3WR's, 1 TE, 1 Flex, My TeamQB's- Philip Rivers, Josh Freeman, A. Dalton, R. Fitzpatick RB's- S. Jackson, M. Ingram, CJ Spiller, F. Jackson, D. Carter, D. Sproles WR's- D. jackson, V. Jackson, G. Jennings, J. Nelson TE's- J. Finley, T. Gonzalez Would you trade J. Nelson and D. Jackson for M. Wallace is this an even trade this team really only has Wallace as a WR and no other WR's worth keeping.
I would do this, but possibly ask for a pick (2nd?) in return since the other owner is gaining two starters

hi guys,

first time poster. 12 team (1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, k, d/st), standard scoring ppr, QB TD 6 pts, can keep 1 player for cost of 2 rounds higher than where they were drafted. keep for 3 years max. i pick 7th.

i am choosing between keeping stafford for a 5th round pick or demaryius thomas for a 14th.

i am leaning towards thomas for the value and not having to lose the 5th round pick. i could then target another good qb in the first 4 rounds and get thomas. however, i feel wr is really deep this year and not sure it is worth keeping a wr.

any opinions??

thanks

Hey Jeff,

12 team, 0.5 PPR, standard roster league. We keep 3 for 3 years, then throw them all back in the pool. Going into year 2.

I'm deciding between: Calvin, Stafford, Forte, Julio, DeMarco, ...

Important to consider, I have the 1.1 (toilet bowl winner). Britt has been dropped, but I think that Trent is the logical pick here.

So, Calvin is staying. I draft Richardson. Thinking DeMarco is dropping.

Which 2 to keep between Stafford, Forte and Julio?

Thanks

hi guys,first time poster. 12 team (1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, k, d/st), standard scoring ppr, QB TD 6 pts, can keep 1 player for cost of 2 rounds higher than where they were drafted. keep for 3 years max. i pick 7th.i am choosing between keeping stafford for a 5th round pick or demaryius thomas for a 14th.i am leaning towards thomas for the value and not having to lose the 5th round pick. i could then target another good qb in the first 4 rounds and get thomas. however, i feel wr is really deep this year and not sure it is worth keeping a wr.any opinions??thanks
Welcome to Footballguys. I would keep Thomas ... he is a steal this year and next. QB is every bit as deep as WR

Hey Jeff,12 team, 0.5 PPR, standard roster league. We keep 3 for 3 years, then throw them all back in the pool. Going into year 2.I'm deciding between: Calvin, Stafford, Forte, Julio, DeMarco, ...Important to consider, I have the 1.1 (toilet bowl winner). Britt has been dropped, but I think that Trent is the logical pick here.So, Calvin is staying. I draft Richardson. Thinking DeMarco is dropping.Which 2 to keep between Stafford, Forte and Julio?Thanks
I would keep Calvin, Forte and Jones, then select Richardson. QB is very deep this year and there will be choices available

Users who are viewing this thread