What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

wannabee Strategy Thread (3 Viewers)

Hey Jeff -

Tough start/sit this week. .5 ppr. Otherwise standard scoring.

With Bush banged up, I'm looking at other RB options, and depth at that position is a weakness. However, we can start 1RB and 3WR rather than the standard 2/2.

I'm debating between Bernard at RB2 versus Wallace or Nicks at WR3.

Who's the better play this week?

Thanks

Hey Jeff-

Getting hammered week after week with RB injuries. So far this year I've lost Vereen, Ballard, and L'eVeon Bell is still out and not looking good.

I'm trying to stash whomever might breakout wherever I can but also need an RB2 week to week.

PPR/Return league. 14 teams auction keeper. What do you suggest:

Currently have: Foster, Tate, Vereen, Pead, Bell, Ellington

For this week, who will play the 'best' (I know, I know), I HAVE to start another RB : Felix Jones, Chris Ogbonnoya/Bobby Rainey, Daniel Thomas, Jordan Todman or one of what I've got (Pead/Ellington/Tate)? I don't need to drop anyone, have an open spot from dropping Redman.

Long term, any of these worth a flier?: Turbin, Dunbar, KDavis.

I can use someone I have and pick up somebody else for the long run or grab two of the above and drop Manny Sanders. I'm running out of roster space for RBs, only available player to drop is Emannual Sanders (Have Fitz,Cobb, Edelman).

ALSO, quick RB2 question in another:

With Steven Jackson out, start:

-Daryl Richardson
-James Starks

-Giovani Bernard

Thanks!

PPR

WR (START 3)

Wes Welker v OAK

Jordy Nelson @ CIN

Julian Edelman v TB

DeSean Jackson v KC

Reuben Randle @ CAR

DeAndre Hopkins @ BAL

FLEX (1) Can be either a RB / WR or TE ------I am leaning towards a WR!

---WHICH WR WOULD YOU START IN THE FLEX SPOT? THANKS

Jeff,

Presently have DeAngelo Williams in my lineup in no PPR league. I have until noon tomorrow to pick up Bernard Pearce, which I would do if I decide he's a better play than DWill. Trying to get a better read on RRice's status, but can't figure it out yet based on the info coming out of Baltimore. What's your thought? Appreciate the help, as always...

Jeff,

Luck or Rivers this week>

I only have Luck, but would have to drop Harvin to get Rivers. And already trying to hold Varree(Hard to with limited Roster spots

I guess having Rivers would be good anyway.

Thanks?

QB: Tom Brady, Tony Romo, EJ Manuel

RB: LeSean McCoy, Jamal Charles, Chris Johnson, Ryan Matthews

WR: Jordy Nelson, Torrey Smith, James Jones, Chris Givens, Rueben Randle, Emmanuel Sanders, Andre Roberts, Percy Harvin

TE: Rob Gronkowski, Julius Thomas, Antonio Gates

Would you give up Tony Romo and Andre Roberts for Carson Palmer and Wes Welker? I could probably talk him into Reggie Wayne instead of Welker.

Scoring System:

1 PPR

All TD's 10 points

0.1 per yard rushing/receiving

0.05 per yard passing

5 point bonus for 0 INT

Start:

1qb

2rb

2wr

1te

1flex
In a heartbeat ... Upgrade your WRs if redraft

whodatsaints said:
Hey Jeff -

With Bush banged up, I'm looking at other RB options, and depth at that position is a weakness. However, we can start 1RB and 3WR rather than the standard 2/2.

Thanks
Bernard if Rice is out, a WR - likely Nicks, if Rice plays

oconsirl said:
Hey Jeff-

Getting hammered week after week with RB injuries. So far this year I've lost Vereen, Ballard, and L'eVeon Bell is still out and not looking good.

I'm trying to stash whomever might breakout wherever I can but also need an RB2 week to week.

For this week, who will play the 'best' (I know, I know), I HAVE to start another RB : Felix Jones, Chris Ogbonnoya/Bobby Rainey, Daniel Thomas, Jordan Todman or one of what I've got (Pead/Ellington/Tate)? I don't need to drop anyone, have an open spot from dropping Redman.

I can use someone I have and pick up somebody else for the long run or grab two of the above and drop Manny Sanders. I'm running out of roster space for RBs, only available player to drop is Emannual Sanders (Have Fitz,Cobb, Edelman).

-Daryl Richardson

-James Starks

-Giovani Bernard

Thanks!
Mendy is hurt so Ellington would be a great move. Otherwise Todman is in play if MJD misses the game. I would drop Sanders for Dunbar. Murray will not make it the whole season.

Start Richardson vs Dallas, soft vs RBs.

tate516 said:
PPR

WR (START 3)

Wes Welker v OAK

Jordy Nelson @ CIN

Julian Edelman v TB

DeSean Jackson v KC

Reuben Randle @ CAR

DeAndre Hopkins @ BAL

FLEX (1) Can be either a RB / WR or TE ------I am leaning towards a WR!

---WHICH WR WOULD YOU START IN THE FLEX SPOT? THANKS
If Reggie bush is out start Bell in flex. If not, Jordy in flex

Jeff,

Presently have DeAngelo Williams in my lineup in no PPR league. I have until noon tomorrow to pick up Bernard Pearce, which I would do if I decide he's a better play than DWill. Trying to get a better read on RRice's status, but can't figure it out yet based on the info coming out of Baltimore. What's your thought? Appreciate the help, as always...
Pick up Pierce. Carolina has been forever since gaining a rushing TD

Jeff,

Luck or Rivers this week>

I only have Luck, but would have to drop Harvin to get Rivers. And already trying to hold Varree(Hard to with limited Roster spots

I guess having Rivers would be good anyway.

Thanks?
I might drop Wright instead. I expect Rivers to cool off this week.

oconsirl said:
Hey Jeff-

-Daryl Richardson

-James Starks

-Giovani Bernard

Thanks!
Mendy is hurt so Ellington would be a great move. Otherwise Todman is in play if MJD misses the game. I would drop Sanders for Dunbar. Murray will not make it the whole season.

Start Richardson vs Dallas, soft vs RBs if playing it safe, but Starks could score a couple of TDs with Lacy out again.

Jeff,

Can you rank these in order for me for this week. Standard scoring,no PPR.

BPierce vs Hou

DeAngelo Williams vs NYG

Victor Cruz @ Car

VJackson @ NE

Vernon Davis @ Cinc

JFinley vs Ind

How about these? Touchdown heavy, lower yardage pts, .5PPR

TRichardson @ SF

Bradshaw @ SF

Sproles vs Ariz

Julius Thomas vs Oak

Wallace vs Atl

Nicks @ Car

DHopkins @ Balt

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

10 team PPR scoring league. I just received this offer:

Get: T. Austin/D Hopkins (my choice of one of them), W. McGahee, T. Brady

Give: C. Kaep, Demaryuis Thomas, S Vereen

I turned the offer down but we're still going to remain in contact. I am in bad shape at RB. I am starting D. Sproles and Jacquizz Rodgers this weekend and not liking my prospects for a win. I'm seeing if I can weather the storm. He is lookling for a WR and I do have great WR depth:

QBs: Kaep, Bradford

WRs: AJ Green, D. Thomas, C. Shorts, TY Hilton, J Gordon, C. Givens, M Wheaton

My backs, not so much

RBs: D Sproles, SJax (hurt), S Vereen (hurt), J Rodgers, B Bolden, M Tolbert, A Ellington

Do you think I was wise to turn that deal down? The other owner has Spiller and D Martin. Both could be considered Buy Lows in some aspects. Should I try and package Bradford, SJax, and Hilton for either Spiller/Martin, Brady, and Hopkins? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jeff,

P.Thomas or Matthews in ppr?

Kaep or Brees this week in 6pt per td league.

Also, Would you offer Matthews for Wilson in redraft ppr?

Thanks

Jeff, can you pick my starters? It is standard scoring and non-ppr

Brady v. TB

or

Schaub @ BAL

pick 1:

Colston v. ARI

Wallace v. ATL

Hilton @ SF

and right now I have Reggie Bush as my RB2 and Joique Bell as flex. good deal? or I can plug in one of the WR above. Thanks in advanced.

Hello Sir!

I have been offered 2 trades

12 team 1 ppr, redraft, very deep bench
Starts 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 1d, 1rb/WRn dl, lb, db
My team
Qb Newton
Rb Rice, sproles, vereen, woodhead, pead, quizz, bolden, ellington
WR Marshall, bowe, a. Brown, givens, v. Brown, thompkins, Dobson, Sanu, Boyce
Te Witten
K Stream as needed

D Stream

DL Stream

LB Dqwell Jackson

DB Stream

Trade 1 is sproles for Torrey smith and David Wilson

Trade 2 is bowe for laveon bell (possibly Ben Tate or mcgahee as well.)

Worth it to take any? Bowe... well... you know. Antonio has been meh, Rice is hurt and Pierce is breathing down his neck. Vereen out 2 months. Bloom is raving about Wilson, my main worry is would I be tanking this week, since my likely starters at RB would be Wilson and Quizz/Woodhead?

The Bell one is a lottery ticket in hopes he sparks some life into Pitt, the owner is contemplating whether to give me either Ben Tate or McGahee as well.

I feel confident with the resulting WR group, but the RB group would be a lot of High risk High reward players. Though once Vereen comes back I'd have a nice group as a whole. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

In a 12 team, PPR league start QB, RB, WR, TE, 2 FLEX, K, D

Only 4 bench spots

I start

Ryan

Calvin

Spiller

Graham

Torrey Smith

David Wilson or bench player

Bench includes: Blackmon, Givens and I have two open spots * I Traded McFadden and Bell for Spiller this week.

Here's some options who would you stash for bye weeks etc or upside. Otherwise Keep Dalton for Ryan's bye and only pick up 1?

Marlon Brown

James Starks

E. Sanders (we get 50 yard TD bonus)

Roberts

Patterson (we get 1 pt per 25 yards KR and PR)

K. Wright

Harry Douglas

Ellington

P. Thomas (a good pickup this week? no Ingram?)

D. Woodhead

V. Brown

Monte Ball

Jaquizz Rodgers

S. Hill

Streator

JEFF,

TEAM IN SIG PPR

SOMEONE OFFERING SPROLES AND S. SMITH FOR A Johnson AND FJAX

HE HAS FORTE TOO.

THOUGHTS? OR WHAT CAN I COUNTER. I NEED SPROLES BUT HATE TO GIVE JOHNSON

THANKS......HE MUST REALLY WANT A WR......HE HAD ASKED FOR BLACKMON EARLIER

WHAT IF I OFFERED EITHER JOHNSON OR BLACKMAN WITH JACKSON FOR SPROLES AND MARSHALL? LIKE MARSHALL BETTER THAN SMITH

His players : Stafford, Sproles,Forte,Marshall,SmithWoodhead,Amendola.......course forte and Sproles are my main interest.

Hey Jeff -

Thanks
Thanks - actually meant Gio for Cincy. If that changes anything. Thanks.

Jeff,

Can you rank these in order for me for this week. Standard scoring,no PPR. pierce>VJax>Cruz

BPierce vs Hou

DeAngelo Williams vs NYG

Victor Cruz @ Car

VJackson @ NE

Vernon Davis @ Cinc

JFinley vs Ind

How about these? Touchdown heavy, lower yardage pts, .5PPR Sproles>Thomas> Nicks>Wallace

TRichardson @ SF

Bradshaw @ SF

Sproles vs Ariz

Julius Thomas vs Oak

Wallace vs Atl

Nicks @ Car

DHopkins @ Balt

Thanks!

Hi Jeff,

10 team PPR scoring league. I just received this offer:

Get: T. Austin/D Hopkins (my choice of one of them), W. McGahee, T. Brady

Give: C. Kaep, Demaryuis Thomas, S Vereen

I turned the offer down but we're still going to remain in contact. I am in bad shape at RB. I am starting D. Sproles and Jacquizz Rodgers this weekend and not liking my prospects for a win. I'm seeing if I can weather the storm. He is lookling for a WR and I do have great WR depth:

QBs: Kaep, Bradford

WRs: AJ Green, D. Thomas, C. Shorts, TY Hilton, J Gordon, C. Givens, M Wheaton

My backs, not so much

RBs: D Sproles, SJax (hurt), S Vereen (hurt), J Rodgers, B Bolden, M Tolbert, A Ellington

Do you think I was wise to turn that deal down? The other owner has Spiller and D Martin. Both could be considered Buy Lows in some aspects. Should I try and package Bradford, SJax, and Hilton for either Spiller/Martin, Brady, and Hopkins? Thanks!
Good move turning it down. You can find a RB2 ... just keep you QB/WR intact

misc said:
Jeff, can you pick my starters? It is standard scoring and non-ppr

Brady v. TB

or

Schaub @ BAL

pick 1:

Colston v. ARI

Wallace v. ATL

Hilton @ SF

and right now I have Reggie Bush as my RB2 and Joique Bell as flex. good deal? or I can plug in one of the WR above. Thanks in advanced. Agree and Colston WR second choice

nypantherfan said:
Hello Sir!

I have been offered 2 trades

12 team 1 ppr, redraft, very deep bench

Starts 1qb, 2rb, 3wr, 1te, 1k, 1d, 1rb/WRn dl, lb, db

My team

Qb Newton

Rb Rice, sproles, vereen, woodhead, pead, quizz, bolden, ellington

WR Marshall, bowe, a. Brown, givens, v. Brown, thompkins, Dobson, Sanu, Boyce

Te Witten

K Stream as needed

D Stream

DL Stream

LB Dqwell Jackson

DB Stream

Trade 1 is sproles for Torrey smith and David Wilson

Trade 2 is bowe for laveon bell (possibly Ben Tate or mcgahee as well.)

Worth it to take any? Bowe... well... you know. Antonio has been meh, Rice is hurt and Pierce is breathing down his neck. Vereen out 2 months. Bloom is raving about Wilson, my main worry is would I be tanking this week, since my likely starters at RB would be Wilson and Quizz/Woodhead?

The Bell one is a lottery ticket in hopes he sparks some life into Pitt, the owner is contemplating whether to give me either Ben Tate or McGahee as well.

I feel confident with the resulting WR group, but the RB group would be a lot of High risk High reward players. Though once Vereen comes back I'd have a nice group as a whole. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I like the Sproles deal much more than the other just because my faith in the PITT offense is LOW.

Gottabesweet said:
In a 12 team, PPR league start QB, RB, WR, TE, 2 FLEX, K, D

Only 4 bench spots

I start

Ryan

Calvin

Spiller

Graham

Torrey Smith

David Wilson or bench player

Bench includes: Blackmon, Givens and I have two open spots * I Traded McFadden and Bell for Spiller this week.

Here's some options who would you stash for bye weeks etc or upside. Otherwise Keep Dalton for Ryan's bye and only pick up 1?

Marlon Brown

James Starks

E. Sanders (we get 50 yard TD bonus)

Roberts

Patterson (we get 1 pt per 25 yards KR and PR)

K. Wright

Harry Douglas

Ellington

P. Thomas (a good pickup this week? no Ingram?)

D. Woodhead

V. Brown

Monte Ball

Jaquizz Rodgers

S. Hill

Streator
Starks and Brown. Ellington comes into play if Mendenhall out

JEFF,

TEAM IN SIG PPR

SOMEONE OFFERING SPROLES AND S. SMITH FOR A Johnson AND FJAX

HE HAS FORTE TOO.

THOUGHTS? OR WHAT CAN I COUNTER. I NEED SPROLES BUT HATE TO GIVE JOHNSON

THANKS......HE MUST REALLY WANT A WR......HE HAD ASKED FOR BLACKMON EARLIER

WHAT IF I OFFERED EITHER JOHNSON OR BLACKMAN WITH JACKSON FOR SPROLES AND MARSHALL? LIKE MARSHALL BETTER THAN SMITH

His players : Stafford, Sproles,Forte,Marshall,SmithWoodhead,Amendola......course forte and Sproles are my main interest.
Only do it if you can get Marshall or a very sweet deal with Amendola/Forte

Hey Jeff -

Thanks
Thanks - actually meant Gio for Cincy. If that changes anything. Thanks.
oh, I apologize. With Cincy in a high scoring game, I might roll with Gio just for upside even though both WRs could have decent games in good matchups.

Jeff,

Can you rank these in order for me for this week. Standard scoring,no PPR. pierce>VJax>Cruz

BPierce vs Hou

DeAngelo Williams vs NYG

Victor Cruz @ Car

VJackson @ NE

Vernon Davis @ Cinc

JFinley vs Ind

How about these? Touchdown heavy, lower yardage pts, .5PPR Sproles>Thomas> Nicks>Wallace

TRichardson @ SF

Bradshaw @ SF

Sproles vs Ariz

Julius Thomas vs Oak

Wallace vs Atl

Nicks @ Car

DHopkins @ Balt

Thanks!
Thanks Jeff. If you happen to get back on before the games today...

Finley or DeAngelo on the first team?

Hopkins or roll the dice with richardson on the second team?

Hope you have a great day!

Jeff,

I think I learned some hard lesson's this weekend.

Any suggestions on GB running game? And thoughts on Bills situation(I have Fred Jackson)

I still need an Rb or two. I'm gonna wait to Kaep has a Decent game and trade for anything I can get. He's burned me two weeks in a row.

Also is it time to cut bait on Vikings players.....particularly Jennings. I have to drop someone, and I figure Blackmon coming back soon to help my Wr's.

THanks,......This team in sig Is 0-3

Jeff,

I think I learned some hard lesson's this weekend.

Any suggestions on GB running game? And thoughts on Bills situation(I have Fred Jackson)

I still need an Rb or two. I'm gonna wait to Kaep has a Decent game and trade for anything I can get. He's burned me two weeks in a row.

Also is it time to cut bait on Vikings players.....particularly Jennings. I have to drop someone, and I figure Blackmon coming back soon to help my Wr's.

THanks,......This team in sig Is 0-3
I think lacy anchors the GB run game and the BUF run game will be frustrating as Spiller does not get enough touches. I, too, am avoiding all Vikings (save Peterson) as much as possible given the putrid showing so far. Good luck in this long season.

PPR dynasty league. .5ppr for RB's.

Snelling is on the waiver wire. Should I put in a waiver claim in for him and drop Willis McGahee or hold McGahee?

Would you in ppr take a flier on any of these:

Bolden or other backs,Bess, Broyles

Is San fran going to be ok going forward....still holding hunter.

Any other big pu this week that should be there?

Thanks

As always thanks JT. Head to South Bend Friday for the game. Boomer!

Trade in a .75 ppc./ 4 pt per pass td league

Was offered Mike Vick for Hakeem Nicks. Brady, Manuel,and Pryor are my QBs. I have good depth at WR even after Nicks being traded. What say?

As always thanks JT. Head to South Bend Friday for the game. Boomer!

Trade in a .75 ppc./ 4 pt per pass td league

Was offered Mike Vick for Hakeem Nicks. Brady, Manuel,and Pryor are my QBs. I have good depth at WR even after Nicks being traded. What say?
In a redraft, I make that deal if you can afford to lose Nicks. PPG, Vick has Brady until Gronk and Amendola are back in the lineup

Thanks
I still like Dunbar but would drop him for Broyles ....
Sorry Jeff. Thinking about dropping Jennings too. You see any reason not to?

Hoyer or Foles in a qb driven league redraft?

Hey Jeff - thanks for the help last week.

With Cam on a bye, need a replacement. Had planned on Eli, but the Giants are a mess and they are on the road against KC. WW options include Big Ben, Tannehill, Bradford, Geno, Schaub and Alex Smith. Do I stick with Eli and hope for a turn around, or grab a sleeper?

Thanks

Thanks
I still like Dunbar but would drop him for Broyles ....
Sorry Jeff. Thinking about dropping Jennings too. You see any reason not to?

Hoyer or Foles in a qb driven league redraft?
Would not feel bad for dropping Jennings .... Hoyer more immediate upside and Lombardi loves him. Have to go with Hoyer ....

Hey Jeff - thanks for the help last week.

With Cam on a bye, need a replacement. Had planned on Eli, but the Giants are a mess and they are on the road against KC. WW options include Big Ben, Tannehill, Bradford, Geno, Schaub and Alex Smith. Do I stick with Eli and hope for a turn around, or grab a sleeper?

Thanks
I might go with Alex Smith playing NYG. The Giants have yielded big points to opposing pass games

Jeff,

Mulling over a keeper league trade. Been offered Rodgers for Cam and Josh Gordon. 6 point passing TDs, non PPR. Feels fair but that's a lot of future upside to give up. What do you think?

Jeff,

I apologize for asking this every week, but I should be in position to have the first or second waiver pick next week?

Any big Rb pu's possibly....coming up? or any season changing guy I guess.

Thanks,

Rob

In deep trouble at QB, Rodgers on a bye this week and Freeman is my backup. I need to pick up one of the following for just this week. 6pt/td, 1pt/25 yds passing, 1pt/10 yds rushing...Move needs to be made by noon Friday.

Pryor vs Washington (likely choice as long as he practices Thursday)

Flynn vs Washington (if Pryor is definitively ruled out by Firday noon)

Hoyer vs Cinci

Tannehill @ NO

EJ vs Balt

Geno @ Tenn

Playing top team in the league and afraid it's gonna be ugly...

Appreciate the help!

Users who are viewing this thread