What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Warning - Novel Length - A Forum Manifesto (1 Viewer)

Thanks @Arodin We've looked at things like some way to designate beta testers or people who play in the Footballguys Players Championship and such but every time I wind back up at what you're worried about and just making it more of a divisive thing so I haven't done it. 
Wait, so that FBG BETA tester thing wasn't schtick?

MIND BLOWN

Doctor Detroit is solid gold and should be given considerable latitude. He doesn't just randomly attack people. When he posts something negative about someone, it's always accurate and deserved, and delivered with a style uniquely his. 

I understand personal attacks are strictly moderated and I understand the reasoning behind it. I just wish the mods could take a look at that handful of posters here who bring ZERO value to the board. We've got some absolutely miserable turdballs who just post absolute garbage all the time, ruining threads and generally making the place a little worse by their presence. I get it, we should all ignore them (and I do), but nonetheless there are a lot of people who insist on engaging them, so it's impossible to avoid seeing their posts.

The mods who are active in the FFA know who I'm talking about. It should be open season on them. Let's allow just a little bit of Darwinism here to thin the herd. There shouldn't be any punishment for calling someone names who clearly deserves it.

Last edited by a moderator:
How does the swearing thing work again? I can't call you a ####head, I get that. But can we use a nice ####### or ####ty here and there? I thought that's what all the #### are for.

I like filling in those blanks with my own word.

Hi @Joe Bryant.. I used to be very active poster in SP and for a brief stint in the FFA.  I've completely stopped posting and now only occasionally lurk the SP for tidbits of fantasy info.   I saw your manifesto in SP and hopped over here to hopefully settle something since we are doing a reboot. 

The main reason I stopped posting here is that I was constantly being accused of being an alias for Squisition in this forum which then creeped into SP banter.   

Can you officially settle once and for all that I am indeed a unique snowflake that drops in randomly and not an alias of Squistion?  It be nice to engage in some SP talk as fantasy kicks off with out the mob constantly accusing me of being an alias.

How does the swearing thing work again? I can't call you a ####head, I get that. But can we use a nice ####### or ####ty here and there? I thought that's what all the #### are for.

Hi @thegenerel  Basically, please try to avoid the ## stuff. I'm not going to be super vigilant on it but once it starts, it gets gray and nobody knows where the line is. #### you will have someone gone for a while. What the #### is obviously lesser on the scale. I don't know where the line is exactly so it's just helpful if you can avoid them. Thanks. 

- Please no Trolling or Triggers. Trolls always do the "who me?" defense when called out. But it's clear to everyone what you're doing when people are posting with the intent of trying to get a reaction. Clayton gave me this definition of Trolling that feels spot on: making a deliberately offensive or provocative online post with the aim of upsetting someone or eliciting an angry response from them.  If we feel you're trying to just rile up people and start a fight, you'll be suspended.

Same with Triggers. People know there are words or phrases or pics that set some people off. Please don't use those. For President Obama, it was making sure to refer to him as Barak Hussein Obama. President Trump has plenty of those too. Please let's try to be cool with those. You know what they are and you know what you're doing when you use them. 
This is absolutely impossible.  People genuinely feel some things cross the line and others don't.  One person gets extremely upset at one thing that another does not.  If this is tried, it will just feel horribly inconsistent and upset everyone.  It also encourages everyone to game the system and call each other trolls because it creates a goal to get you to hammer the person they don't like with this clause.  It starts killing quality conversation because no-one knows what is in bounds or out of bounds other than "moderator thought it was deliberate".  You won't get dissenting opinions of value with this rule.

When you use language like "you know what they are and you know what you're' doing".   Joe, you are actively generating deep resentment towards yourself for no reason.

There's a much better way.  if people are posting thoughtful comments, keep them around.  If not, get rid of them.  Pretty simple.

tone1oc said:
Hi @Joe Bryant.. I used to be very active poster in SP and for a brief stint in the FFA.  I've completely stopped posting and now only occasionally lurk the SP for tidbits of fantasy info.   I saw your manifesto in SP and hopped over here to hopefully settle something since we are doing a reboot. 

The main reason I stopped posting here is that I was constantly being accused of being an alias for Squisition in this forum which then creeped into SP banter.   

Can you officially settle once and for all that I am indeed a unique snowflake that drops in randomly and not an alias of Squistion?  It be nice to engage in some SP talk as fantasy kicks off with out the mob constantly accusing me of being an alias.
For the 100th time, tone1loc and I are not the same person, nor are either of us using an alias account of the other poster.

For the 100th time, tone1loc and I are not the same person, nor are either of us using an alias account of the other poster.
Nobody cares.  Perhaps if you tried not making every thread about you or an argument with one of the same people over and over, the result would be different.

Seriously, Joe, if you want to make change that fixes things, go read some threads and get rid of the same group of people that just fight with each other in every single one.   Most of them have posted in here about how innocent they are.

The General said:

:censored: is your friend.

This is absolutely impossible.  People genuinely feel some things cross the line and others don't.  One person gets extremely upset at one thing that another does not.  If this is tried, it will just feel horribly inconsistent and upset everyone.  It also encourages everyone to game the system and call each other trolls because it creates a goal to get you to hammer the person they don't like with this clause.  It starts killing quality conversation because no-one knows what is in bounds or out of bounds other than "moderator thought it was deliberate".  You won't get dissenting opinions of value with this rule.

When you use language like "you know what they are and you know what you're' doing".   Joe, you are actively generating deep resentment towards yourself for no reason.

There's a much better way.  if people are posting thoughtful comments, keep them around.  If not, get rid of them.  Pretty simple.
Thanks @Riversco  I'm with you in that this is difficult. We'll try to see how it goes. I do believe most of the people trolling know that they're trolling. We'll do our best to limit that. From what I see, the over the top trolling, and not addressing it, is what got us off the rails. Thanks.

What is the verdict on what posters can write about the President?  I read in the manifesto we shouldn't use things to trigger, like refer to Obama as "Barak Hussein Obama".  Yet, people including staff, regularly make fun of Trump.  Orange, small hands, idiot, sexual predator, etc.  Is this stuff still cool here?

tone1oc said:

:lol:

The General said:

I fill in all the ####'s with love and unicorns.  

What is the verdict on what posters can write about the President?  I read in the manifesto we shouldn't use things to trigger, like refer to Obama as "Barak Hussein Obama".  Yet, people including staff, regularly make fun of Trump.  Orange, small hands, idiot, sexual predator, etc.  Is this stuff still cool here?
Agreed clarification on this would be great ? 

Thanks. Couple of things.

Looking at the log, it was 30 days for a nobody likes you here and you're dumb post against another poster.

Added to it is I don't know of any poster who's been over the line more than you and is still here.
You have got to be kidding here...... :lmao:  

Come on man

IMO, "orange" here is the :fishy:  part......the rest are things he's risen to the occasion on and brought attention to himself.  If he's ok with shining a light on it, I'm ok with it :shrug:  

IMO, "orange" here is the :fishy:  part......the rest are things he's risen to the occasion on and brought attention to himself.  If he's ok with shining a light on it, I'm ok with it :shrug:  
The thing about "small hands" is that it bothers Trump, but shouldn't really bother any of the posters - even Trump supporters. There si no way small hands references are going away during his presidency.

How could you not think of him as a sexual predator after that bus tape. He literally said he walks up to women and grabs them by the [YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID]

The thing about "small hands" is that it bothers Trump, but shouldn't really bother any of the posters - even Trump supporters. There si no way small hands references are going away during his presidency.
If I'm being honest, I don't think he really cares about any of it....it's just his supporters.  I've often wondered (even asked) why, but never gotten a coherent explanation.  

This post seems to be acceptable:

"Buh bye, racist Gollum. Don't let the door hit you in the burning cross on the way out the hobbit hole."

of course calling it out in that thread as over the top would make me a troll 

If I'm being honest, I don't think he really cares about any of it....it's just his supporters.  I've often wondered (even asked) why, but never gotten a coherent explanation.  
I'm not sure it bothers anyone as much as it drags down a conversation.  Someone naturally will respond to that with equal nonsense and it goes downhill from there.  Ironic thing is the handful of people that use those terms are the ones screaming for people on the other side to be banned.  It's weird.

The difference between your examples goes a long way towards explaining why there is no conservative version of "Saturday Night Live" or "The Daily Show".

How could you not think of him as a sexual predator after that bus tape. He literally said he walks up to women and grabs them by the [YOU KNOW WHAT HE SAID]
I took it as him joking/ exaggerating about being able to do whatever he wanted since he was super rich.  There's a big difference between joking around, and being a sexual predator.  I'm sure it fits the definition, but that's probably the lower end of sexual predators anyways.  A drunk dude that grabs a girls butt, shouldn't necessarily be grouped in with actual rapist.  Jmo

I'm not sure it bothers anyone as much as it drags down a conversation.  Someone naturally will respond to that with equal nonsense and it goes downhill from there.  Ironic thing is the handful of people that use those terms are the ones screaming for people on the other side to be banned.  It's weird.
It drags down conversation if one allows it to.  For one to allow it to, it has to be of importance to them, right?  So I'm back to wondering why it's important to them enough to allow it to drag down conversation when Trump himself clearly doesn't care.

I took it as him joking/ exaggerating about being able to do whatever he wanted since he was super rich.  There's a big difference between joking around, and being a sexual predator.  I'm sure it fits the definition, but that's probably the lower end of sexual predators anyways.  A drunk dude that grabs a girls butt, shouldn't necessarily be grouped in with actual rapist.  Jmo
In my single life, prior to kids, while in my early twenties, I MIGHT have been able to swallow the fact that people find this something acceptable to "joke" about or "gloat" about.  As a man with a daughter, this is a line that is to never be crossed...zero tolerance.  And quite honestly, I find the enablers and people making excuses for the behavior worse.  This is definitely a "get off my lawn" sort of topic for me.  

oh come on 

Users who are viewing this thread