What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 1 Bragging Thread (1 Viewer)

Andy Hicks

Footballguy
Got a good break this week?

Winning your matchup?

Post about it here, but please stay within posting guidelines

Not regretting my decision to sit Austin for Tate whatsoever. Lagniappe is the fact that my week 1 opponent picked Foster in the 5th round last year.

Can't complain about Britt's 80-yard TD even if it was pretty dang lucky. Even though my opponent had Vick, DJax, Boldin, and Turner - big days from Britt and MJD already have me almost even with 7 players to go (including Rivers, Nicks, and McFadden) compared to his 3.

In my other two leagues though...not so good.

Not really a brag, but couldnt see where else to put it.

Was at a local sports bar to watch the games with neighbors. When the Taps started playing before the 1PM games, the place went silent, people removed their caps, and paid their respects.

Very cool indeed.

Not really a brag, but couldnt see where else to put it.Was at a local sports bar to watch the games with neighbors. When the Taps started playing before the 1PM games, the place went silent, people removed their caps, and paid their respects. Very cool indeed.
As a veteran myself, that is awesome to hear. It's nice to pause for a minute and reflect on what is truly important in life when taking these games under consideration.

Last edited by a moderator:
Huge games from Rice and Forte have me in contention in a matchup I had little hope of winning. Now 5 points up with Holmes left to start against Moreno in a PPR.

Keeping fingers crossed

Not really a brag, but couldnt see where else to put it.Was at a local sports bar to watch the games with neighbors. When the Taps started playing before the 1PM games, the place went silent, people removed their caps, and paid their respects. Very cool indeed.
:thumbup:

I have the #11 all-time scoring record in my 5-year dynasty league with still Romo and McFadden to go. Had a HECK of a week 1!

Not really bragging, but Lesean McCoy made me feel pretty good about passing up Jamaal Charles for him this year. Also, non fantasy related, but I loved seeing the Panthers put up a nice game, even in a loss. I never expected the playoffs this year, but I'm at least hopeful for the future now.

I just want to brag about drafting Matthew Stafford. I know he was kind of a hot name going into the draft, but you know in the back of your mind about the possiblity of injury. I feel like I won the league already if Stafford pans out to be a phenom at a low price in the draft!

'Proximo said:
Not regretting my decision to sit Austin for Tate whatsoever. Lagniappe is the fact that my week 1 opponent picked Foster in the 5th round last year.
??? really
I started dez and Kenny britt; at the time of that posting, dez was way ahead of miles. I missed out on one point by started Bryant instead.

High point scorer in my league and I still have DMAC and Jano to play tomorrow night. :pickle:

My pimping of Stafford for 3 years has finally paid off. :headbang:

Decided to bench Blount this week. Decided to start Britt. Two tough roster decisions based on who I have that really paid off.

Now I'm sure I'll counterbalance that next week with horrible decisions. :no:

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Jets D for stopping Witten short.

Thank you automatic instant replay for taking away the Dallas TD.

Instead of a 2 point lead with Seabass (me) vs. Gostkowski (him) tonight...I have a 16 point lead.

:football:

Oh, other league...had the guy waiving the white flag as soon as Dez scored last night. Up by 40 with Dmac to go vs. Gostkowski and NE Defense

Jay Cutler! Where are all those who said the Bears were lucky last year?
The Bears offense came into the season so underrated.
'CataclysmicThunder said:
I started Aaron Rodgers and CAM NEWTON this week... in the same league. Yeahahahaha.
Nice! That has to make you feel pretty damn good.Epic bench points in my highest buy-in $$$ league - it's a keeper league so I drafted Cam Newton in round 18 as my #2 QB (though that was only b/c all the QBs went too early for me to get a better #2 behind Rodgers.) Bonus points, so the totals are all high. I won the matchup with 173.6 to my opponent's 96.6. On my bench . . .Cam Newton 47.9Mike Tolbert 27.3Kenny Britt 35.6Steve Smith 44.8Baltimore DST 42also on bench, just for fun:Jahvid Best 11.4Tim Hightower 15.7AJ Green 15.1Yeah . . . feeling a little smug today. lol

Losing Steven Jackson hurts, but thankfully in my draft I had Cedric Benson and Tim Hightower on the bench. So it might not kill me. Bowe killed me but Forte and McCoy really came through. Still might not win, up 1 point and I have Brandon Marshall, while my opponent has Gostkowski.

I don't think I've ever made a brag-centric post, but I'm patting myself on the back for benching Mendenhall and starting Hightower, Beanie, and Tate. Had I started Mendenhall over ANY of the three, I would've lost.

:banned:

As a guy who had his fifth-round pick (SSmith - Car) languish in a start-up dynasty last season, let's just say I'm more than pleased with this past weekend's developments. The fact that I got Newton as my QB3 in the same league is just the cherry on top.

Wouldn't really call this bragging, but I may be one of the few people who actually benefited from an opponent playing Kenny Britt. He benched Steve Smith for him.

Not sure where else to put this...not really bragging but not thread worthy either.

2 NFL record tying plays gave teams wins in our league (not me, I'm still sweating my opponent, I'm up 16 while he has Lloyd and McFadden with 9 minutes left)

Team 1 down something like 25 going into tonight, won on the 99 yard pass to Welker. He stopped watching, figuring he was down by about 10 with 4 minutes left.

Team 2 was up big after yesterday, but ended down 9 to the team that had Brady . Janikowski hits the 63 yarder to pull ahead and win.

no teams 0-1 (one team 1-1)... High scorer in all but 1 redraft, including the FBG survivor 2. I'd be ecstatic to have a week half this successful come week 16.

*Walks over from the Venting thread*.

I had posted my miserable lineup choices yesterday (picked ALL the wrong starters) but Tom Brady pulled out a win last night for me.

Thank you Tom Brady.

Users who are viewing this thread