What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 11 Weather Alerts - Buffalo game moved to Detroit (1 Viewer)

I’m 5 min from stadium. Most snow should be accumulated by Sunday. Obviously could change. The biggest problem is going to be finding people to shovel Fri, Sat. In 2014 the lake effect band of snow crushed us with 6 feet. The national guard came with tanks and flame throwers it was surreal, they moved the game to Detroit. No talks of that so should be much less.

I assume we’ll get 2-3 feet in a 48 hour window. 3-4 in radius’ of the band.

I’m 5 min from stadium. Most snow should be accumulated by Sunday. Obviously could change. The biggest problem is going to be finding people to shovel Fri, Sat. In 2014 the lake effect band of snow crushed us with 6 feet. The national guard came with tanks and flame throwers it was surreal, they moved the game to Detroit. No talks of that so should be much less.

You know someone's a fellow Western New Yorker when they casually refer to 2-3 feet of snow.:laugh:

Of course Monday my wife was given 2 club tickets to the game. Told her to get the snow tires on.

I'm not a huge fan of moving the game to another location....that changes a lot of things and can create huge advantages one way or another.....going from say windy sub zero to "perfect" conditions etc.....just doesn't feel right to me....

Should I bench Stefon Diggs for Christian Watson based on this information?
Not exactly the same player but I will definitely consider benching Gabe Davis depending on field conditions. I'm going to wait and see how it looks right before the game on Sunday.

Not exactly the same player but I will definitely consider benching Gabe Davis depending on field conditions. I'm going to wait and see how it looks right before the game on Sunday.
I’d bench Gabe but not Diggs. Lake effect is crazy. We’ll see how it plays out. Feel free to DM Saturday. I’ll be at the stadium at 7am Sunday.

How does this type of weather affect kickers? I would need to drop Bass if I pivot at PK.
Bass really hasn’t had to deal with crazy snow yet just wind. In 2017 the Colts were here in a blizzard and only Adam Vinateri was able to make a 42 yarder extra point (penalty) won’t have to make your kicker move till Sunday 12:45 though.

I'm not a huge fan of moving the game to another location....that changes a lot of things and can create huge advantages one way or another.....going from say windy sub zero to "perfect" conditions etc.....just doesn't feel right to me....
They can’t move this one to Monday which I think they would if the Bills weren’t playing on Thanksgiving.

It’s likely 1pm Sunday but 4pm is being floated around and move to Detroit as a last resort chaos option.

It depends how much snow comes and how fast Orchard Park can safely clear it and if 72k people can get there.

Although the new move is media hyping it up to be bigger and everyone so schools and workers get to work remote.

Typical Buffalo, 6-12 inches or 6 feet.

I’d bench Gabe but not Diggs. Lake effect is crazy. We’ll see how it plays out. Feel free to DM Saturday. I’ll be at the stadium at 7am Sunday.

Enjoy tailgating & the game! Love cold weather football.

Yeah, I lived in Grand Haven, MI, for many years. Not quite in the same league but we'd get 10-12" when Grand Rapids (25 miles inland) would get a 1-2" dusting. My son went to Michigan Tech, and lake effect on the Keweenaw Peninsula is similar to Buffalo, they would often get over 300 inches for the winter season.

I guess a big factor with this storm is record or near record water temps for Lake Ontario and Lake Erie. This could end up being a very long (broad) storm.

But FF usually isn't affected that much by snow or cold alone, unless it's quite extreme. Sustained wind over 17 mph or gusts of 25+ can def wreak havoc.

We're talking, the entire HISTORY of recorded snowfalls.
Awesome.
-------------------------
Dawgs By Nature
@DawgsByNature
That is bonkers. This could be one of the coolest games ever.
Colin McCarthy
@US_Stormwatch
The newest HRRR model run has 70 inches of snow falling in less than 24 hours just south of Buffalo, NY. This is shaping up to be potentially one of the most extreme snowstorms in US history.

Don’t know when the Browns travel, but if they’re not there already, they may elect today to move the game before the storm hits.

Don’t know when the Browns travel, but if they’re not there already, they may elect today to move the game before the storm hits.
Players 'typically' travel one day before a game but I heard somewhere that equipment needs more time to get to away games and get distributed/set-up in time.
So-far the game has not been rescheduled so I 'think' they only have until tomorrow/Friday to reschedule unless it gets soo bad that they delay kickoff until Monday Night.
Interesting tidbit.
Last week the Browns played in Miami where the temperature was 84 degrees with 96% humidity for a 'feel like' temperature of 90 degrees.
This Sunday in Buffalo the temperature is forecasted to be:
Sunday 20 November +25° with a 'feels like temperature' of +10°
An 80° difference of 'feels like' temperature.

Last week the Browns played in Miami where the temperature was 84 degrees with 96% humidity for a 'feel like' temperature of 90 degrees.
Wow, the schedule maker must really hate the Browns.

Currently weather saying 30% chance of snow.

Every time biblical weather is predicted it seems like nothing happens.

And every time I change my lineup for biblical weather, I regret it.

Gabe Davis will remain in my flex spot.
👍🏼

Yeah, that’s still crazy amount but sounds like it’ll be settled by Sunday.

Maybe you can post an update for us Sunday AM?

I would be SHOCKED if they play this game in Buffalo. Of course they can get the field semi cleared, but the lives that would be put in danger with fan travel can't be worth it. Four feet of snow with an outside possibility of six?
Detroit ya say?

Also, for those of us in IDP leagues, this is good news.

DLs feast in the snow. Wind can mess with ball trajectory & DBs benefit.

I’ve got 2 defensive players in that game.

Not wildly excited about Bass. Don’t really have anyone to drop for a K, and there aren’t any great options on the wire, so I’ll roll with him. :sadbanana:

Maybe you can post an update for us Sunday AM?
Yeah, I also vote for @Gottabesweet to constantly look out the window and update us.

Please take your new responsibilities seriously.
I meant like, 1 post, but yes I agree - 15 min updates up until game time would be terrific. :pickle:

Maybe also include current BAC, brat intake, and # of folding tables you’ve smashed into off of the roof of a bus with each update.

Passing along what was just shared on Buffalo radio.

Snow is expected to end Saturday in Orchard Park. If anywhere gets 4-6 ft it could be Buffalo. Those that are familiar with these weather patterns in WNY know that a difference of a few miles can literally mean feet of snow.

At worst there is expected to be light flurries on Sunday. Per the weather guy “it is full go for Buffalo’s air assault”

The host mentioned it was a good time to hit the over as it has dropped to 40.5 expecting snowmaggeden.

One thing that seems likely to be impacted. Cleveland travel. They are planning on flying in on Sat and looking for a window in the storm, also staying downtown where the storm is the worst.

Might not be accurate but that is the latest shared on WGR

The main reason the game was moved that year was because the local and state police told the Bills we can't provide traffic control for the game, since everybody is involved in trying to rescue people that were still stranded.

Current forecast is that most of the snow will stop late Saturday night / early Sunday morning. Then they have to clear it out of the stadium - the field will get cleared certainly, but who knows about the stands and parking lots.

But even if there is no snow during the game, winds are expected to be 20-30 mph.

Players 'typically' travel one day before a game but I heard somewhere that equipment needs more time to get to away games and get distributed/set-up in time.
So-far the game has not been rescheduled so I 'think' they only have until tomorrow/Friday to reschedule unless it gets soo bad that they delay kickoff until Monday Night.
Interesting tidbit.
I can't see them moving to Monday night - the Bills play Thursday in Detroit.

But a 4 PM or 8 PM Sunday start gives more time for snow removal, so that might be a possibility.

Interesting tidbit.
I can't see them moving to Monday night - the Bills play Thursday in Detroit.

But a 4 PM or 8 PM Sunday start gives more time for snow removal, so that might be a possibility.
Might depend on the Doppler - moving it to a night game could mean more snow rather than less.

Depends on the forecast.

NFL monitoring weather in Buffalo as snowstorm threatens Sunday's Browns-Bills game

Excerpt:

The league is monitoring weather around Buffalo ahead of Sunday's game betweenthe Cleveland Browns and Buffalo Bills at Highmark Stadium and is in communication with both clubs, NFL Network Insider Tom Pelissero reported Thursday morning. No decisions have been made about possibly changing the venue for the Week 11 matchup. However, rescheduling the AFC clash is not currently a consideration, as the Bills play four days later on Thanksgiving in Detroit, Pelissero added.

Beginning Thursday night and through Saturday, the Buffalo area is expected to be hit with a lake-effect snowstorm that could drop upwards of four feet of snow, The Weather Channel projected Thursday morning. "Major to extreme impacts" are expected to be felt in the region, according to NOAA's Weather Prediction Center, which advises against travel and driving in the predicted conditions.

Awesome.
Dawgs By Nature
@DawgsByNature
Colin McCarthy
@US_Stormwatch
The newest HRRR model run has 70 inches of snow falling in less than 24 hours just south of Buffalo, NY. This is shaping up to be potentially one of the most extreme snowstorms in US history.
US history?

I'd say there's a good shot this come up short of the 70" and doesn't make the top 5 for WNY.

But even if there is no snow during the game, winds are expected to be 20-30 mph.
Buffalo fans will leap naked from a Honda Civic into a full buffet while chugging 12 Gates Pancho's Legacy Lager - somehow I don’t expect a little snow on the seats to be a problem.

The wind does present some challenges though. Good game to have defensive backs in. If it’s really blowing at 30 MPH, if there’s a prop on total interceptions, take the over.

Awesome.
Dawgs By Nature
@DawgsByNature
Colin McCarthy
@US_Stormwatch
US history?

I'd say there's a good shot this come up short of the 70" and doesn't make the top 5 for WNY.
they're calling it 70 inches in 24 hours, which could indeed be record breaking. When we got 6 feet a few years ago (which is 72 inches) it was over a course of 3 or 4 days.

There's also a difference between 70 inches hitting a major city versus 70 inches in a small mountain village in ski country.

Buffalo fans will leap naked from a Honda Civic into a full buffet while chugging 12 Gates Pancho's Legacy Lager - somehow I don’t expect a little snow on the seats to be a problem.

The wind does present some challenges though. Good game to have defensive backs in. If it’s really blowing at 30 MPH, if there’s a prop on total interceptions, take the over.
That assumes they throw enough times to generate interceptions. Last year New England threw 2 passes during the wind game in the regular season.

they're calling it 70 inches in 24 hours, which could indeed be record breaking. When we got 6 feet a few years ago (which is 72 inches) it was over a course of 3 or 4 days.
Oh, I understand. I'm just saying that based on how they almost always call for more than what actually comes to fruition when it comes to rain/snow.

That assumes they throw enough times to generate interceptions. Last year New England threw 2 passes during the wind game in the regular season.
A fair point.

Cleveland is built for that. Not sure BUF is. I could see a lot of short throws though, which would make Davis borderline unstartable.

A fair point.

Cleveland is built for that. Not sure BUF is. I could see a lot of short throws though, which would make Davis borderline unstartable.
Chubb could be Jim Brown-like in that weather.

Saw that the wind in BUF on Sunday is supposed to be in the 20- to 30-mph range. Would make for an old school running contest with hardly any passing if they actually play the game in Buffalo.

Users who are viewing this thread