What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 16 Venting Thread (1 Viewer)

Grant could have had 2 more TDs -- and I need them playing against Brady!!!
First vent for me but....almost all other weeks Rodgers would be getting all those TD's. Why did we get away from the play action on first and goal from the 4? :P :( <---- for me

We are about to have back to back super bowl champs who were 6-7 in the regular season. The 6-7 team this year beat all three 11-2 teams including myself.

GB scoring 48 pts and Rodgers only having 1 TD with one being called off due to bogus Off PI call. Stewart rambling over 50 yards and running out of gas and allegedly getting tackled at the 1 so Hoover could punch it in. Throw the red flag Fox!!!

I was up by ten and looking good to win my championship game and claim the title. But no, my opponent has Brent Celek, who has 18 points in the first half. Who the *&^^% is Brent Celek and why has he chosen today to act like Jerry Freaking Rice???? AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH

I was up by ten and looking good to win my championship game and claim the title. But no, my opponent has Brent Celek, who has 18 points in the first half. Who the *&^^% is Brent Celek and why has he chosen today to act like Jerry Freaking Rice???? AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHH
Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!! I benched him. kick self in ####

I hate NFL.com...

"(5:06) (Shotgun) [8] pass short right intended for [88] INTERCEPTED by P.Hillis at PHI 8. P.Hillis to PHI 48 for -40 yards ([8]). PENALTY on PHI-V.Harris, Unnecessary Roughness, 47 yards, enforced at PHI 48."

Coach McDaniels, the player on your roster with the last name Marshall is a receiver. Please let him receive and stop throwing him 2 yard screens. Thanks.

Marshall

Jackson

Brees

You all fail.

How the hell does White go off against the 3rd best pass defense in the NFL?

I hate this game. I absolutely hate it.

Dear Mr. Brandon Jacobs,

I would have been happy with your usual crappy 50 yards.

Sincerely,

Disgruntled in CA

I'm in 3 leagues ... A and B are big money (~$2k to the winner) and C is the small potato league ($120 to the winner).

Two years in a row now I've made the championship game in all 3 (LOOK AT ME!!!)

Two years in a row now ... I've lost A and B, and won C.

I'm the Buffalo Bills of fantasy football, I swear ...

But I'll be back next year :football:

Memo to Tom Cable:

The strength of your team is the running game.

Scenario:

1st and Goal at the three yard line with 4 minutes to go, down 14 points.

I would hand the ball off 4 times if necessary to get the job done.

Putting the game in Charlie Frye's hands to throw 4 incomplete passes is simply STUPID... Congratulations on your terrible play calling.

Sincerely,

Michael Bush owner

Where to start? In 10 leagues ... 5 made the Superbowl. That's good.

One of my week 14 defeats came to a crappy owner who MISSED the Thursday deadline and lost his stud RB. His replacement projected for a handful of touches goes for 20 points. Even then, I still advance if the 49ers DT against Warner doesn't outscore half my roster. Had I survived that week, I would have won in 15 and 16. Division champ with the early exit.

Another week 14 defeat I picked Barber over SSmith (more bad CAR version). MB3 gets stuffed and SSmith has one big play in a CLOSE loss. Again, it appears I would have won 15 and 16. League high pts and tied for the division season wasted.

My 3rd of 3 week 14 losses saw me choose wrong between the horrible Cutler and the more horrible Cassel. That said, the negative points from Moss and nothing from a few other "studs" combined with the end of game pick-6 by the Titans DT in Null's first game did me in for a CLOSE game. Appears I would have won in 15 and 16 here too.

My best team, starting Brees, Andre Johnson, Chris Johnson, and Austin marched to a great season although neither winning the division nor high points somehow. The rest of my team collapses combined with facing McNabb and Stewart did me in assuming Miles doesn't go 250-3 tonight.

My highest buy-in league I failed to make the playoffs despite finishing within 40 of high points for the season. I may win the toilet bowl payout if things play out OK but at midseason with MJD, TJones, Mendenhall, RBush, and Snelling looked like a better unit. Maurice-Jones-Bust being so hit or miss really cost me not that ADP was much better. I was favored HUGE in projections going in.

Another league perhaps I didn't deserve to get there but I was favored HUGE in projections today only to watch Ryan almost double up Rodgers and that's before Moss and Celek did me in while MSW and Scaife were enough to fall short with Wayne unusable on my bench.

Lost another game today where Gore/Grant both had huge weeks but Akers/49ers DT (they knocked me out of 2 postseasons) did me in along with Mr. Rodgers choking when I needed him most.

My only non playoff team with nothing at stake in week 14+ featured ADP, Charles, Mendenhall, Moreno, Austin, but always faced the high scorer.

My one (almost) locked up championship today I have to root against MB3 tonight and for Fred Davis although with ADP left for me tomorrow it's likely moot. Since I face ADP in the Toilet Bowl mentioned above I actually will likely have to root against ADP.

In my last of 10 leagues, another big stakes I again couldn't use Wayne but his players actually let someone else down except of course for Chris Johnson and Rivers. So now I have to root for the Cowboys skill players (particular players) to ensure I double my money for the season. I had a shot at enough going into today to more than quadruple it even with all the bad luck BEFORE today.

Opponent had Rodgers, so I bench Jennings for Sims-Walker. 4 point difference. Looks like I am going to lose by 1 point.

Players I now hate -

Curtis Lofton

Drew Brees

Ricky Williams

Mike Sims-Walker

Justin Smith

oh, and Matt Ryan...thanks for sucking the last several weeks and then exploding on my bench during the championship.

This game sucks. When is draft day?

ETA - I take it all back. Thanks to Jared Allen and Andre Carter sucking even worse than my guys, I won despite these bums. They still aren't getting a ring.

Last edited by a moderator:
Went with Mike Sims-Walker as my WR3 AND Bo Scaife as my FA TE pickup this week ... thanks for playing, guys.

Oh, forgot to mention that I started SJax over Ryan Grant and wasn't near a computer when I found out the Rams had shut SJax down.

Wasn't a bad year (10-3) and was still able to win some $$$, but wasn't nearly what I had hoped for.

I'm only down by 80 points with AD and the Vikings D playing tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:
For not listening to myself when I worried about starting too many GB players in a likely blowout, especially starting Finley for the first time over Celek :)

Rodgers was starting regardless but starting Driver over Bowe cost me 8pts and Finley over Celek cost 15pts. I'm currently winning by 8pts w/ no one left to play. My opponent has Fred Davis playing now.

For not having the balls to bench Peyton, knowing full well he would be benched at some stage. 0 TDs now I am relying on AP to grab me 12 points on MNF for the championship win. That and I came up against Brady this week argh.

tony gonzalez, ricky williams, steve smith, and reed doughty all get hurt and miss most of 2nd half. unless jared allen gets 3 sacks i will lose. frustrating.

Championship Game #1 - Done in by Chris Johnson and Tom Brady

Championship Game #2 - Done in by Chris Johnson, Jonathan Stewart and Roddy White (plus a benching of Brent Celek for Jermichael Finley) ... Amazingly enough I still have a shred of hope left to take my first ever fantasy football title. I'm down by 8 points, my opponent has Favre and I'm left with no choice but to dump Sidney Rice onto waivers for an all-time desperate play of Johnny Knox.

Yeah, my fantasy fate now hangs on the performance of Knox, Jay Cutler and the Urlacher-less Chicago D. I think I'm gonna be sick.

Due to the statue of limitations, the Kurt Warner phantom pass of last week which gave my opponent a 3 point win is not reversible in our league even after it no longer exists and Boldin is credited with a run. This week I blow away in points who I would have been playing.

I hate Stats.

Lost the championship by 7. Started Manning, figuring even one half with him would be better than a full game with Gerrard. I was wrong :lol:

I'm a Colts fan. Had Manning as my starting QB. Playing against a Team that has the Jets as their Defensive Team. The Colts shut Manning down early in the second half. Their replacement QB promptly gives up a sack/fumble/TD to the Jets defense. Add in another gift interception later in the game and the Jets D ends up with a 26 point game. I lose by 3 points and the Colts lose their perfect season.

I had a lineup stacked with studs and great matchups, now need AD to go off for over 30 points in order to win. Can't believe not one of these guys could rack up 20+ points. Also only totaled 3 TDS from this lineup. :confused:

Lineup with FBG ranking for the week

Rodgers-#1 QB

AD- #3 RB

Rice- #4 RB

Benson- #5 RB

AJ- #1 WR

Fitz- #5 WR

Driver- #21 WR

Winslow- #3 TE

Kaeding- #13 PK

Saints- #1 DST

Users who are viewing this thread