What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 2: Waiver Wire Fodder (1 Viewer)

Braktastic

Footballguy
OK. So you'll pardon me for saying so, but I think it is easy to say who should be picked up based on Week 1 performance but much hard to determine who should be dropped. After all, in order to add someone you have to cut someone else. That's what this thread is about. Who's droppable after Week 1. I'll start:

Maurice Jones-Drew

Go!

Riley Cooper, I am cutting him can't wait. Didn't really want him on my team but didn't see anyone worth picking up.

I wish I refrained from drafting anyone on Lovie Smith's team, too bad it would be silly to drop any of them. And why I thought his defense would be even close to his Bears defenses? I have no clue.

Ball was on this thread after week 1 last year. He was a rookie and learned and caught on at the end of the season and this year he is the starting RB. If your not in a dynasty league or have a reserved bench spot available feel free to drop( although not sure what you expected?). Otherwise hold on and watch his snaps increase at the end of the year. Too much opportunity for someone that talented not to have use when ready. I have him in a dynasty and he is stashed for next year.

Too soon for Ridley imo. I'll be holding on
Yeah, even when he put together that solid year 2 years ago, there were 3 or 4 games that he just wasn't used in the game plan. Yudkin was on staff at the time, and he had the Patriots game plan down based on the defenses formation. There were certain formations that you could count on a 8-10 carry game and certain formations that you would get a 18-20 carry game.

Yeah, I agree with you. He wasn't bad or anything, just didn't get involved. Now, I hope you're right, it was a matter of formation and personnel matching. However, if he is not utilized next week, I'll get concerned. Not too thrilled with Vereen getting goal-line work though.

Ball was on this thread after week 1 last year. He was a rookie and learned and caught on at the end of the season and this year he is the starting RB. If your not in a dynasty league or have a reserved bench spot available feel free to drop( although not sure what you expected?). Otherwise hold on and watch his snaps increase at the end of the year. Too much opportunity for someone that talented not to have use when ready. I have him in a dynasty and he is stashed for next year.
I was hoping to see him at least step onto the field and take part in a live play. For redraft, unless your league is super deep tough to justify the roster spot

Yeah, I agree with you. He wasn't bad or anything, just didn't get involved. Now, I hope you're right, it was a matter of formation and personnel matching. However, if he is not utilized next week, I'll get concerned. Not too thrilled with Vereen getting goal-line work though.
That's another thing about the Patriots too. From what I saw last year, they go into hurry up in the red zone. Unless there's a time out or penalty, they rarely swtich out running backs in the red zone. Heck, I remember them keeping Woodhead in at times two years ago.

I was hoping to see him at least step onto the field and take part in a live play. For redraft, unless your league is super deep tough to justify the roster spot
So in redrafts he is not worth having, and if he is how long until he gets to WR#3 status? week 8ish?

That's another thing about the Patriots too. From what I saw last year, they go into hurry up in the red zone. Unless there's a time out or penalty, they rarely swtich out running backs in the red zone. Heck, I remember them keeping Woodhead in at times two years ago.
Pats homer. Ridley is rosterable as a flex play. No way he should be cut.

I think the way Sanders is involved, when Welker comes back, I'm not sure there is enough room for Latimer to have any value in redraft (barring injuries).If I had Sanders I might consider him as a handcuff.

So in redrafts he is not worth having, and if he is how long until he gets to WR#3 status? week 8ish?

OK. So you'll pardon me for saying so, but I think it is easy to say who should be picked up based on Week 1 performance but much hard to determine who should be dropped. After all, in order to add someone you have to cut someone else. That's what this thread is about. Who's droppable after Week 1. I'll start:

Maurice Jones-Drew

Go!
MJD will be fine. Nobody expected him to do anything against the Jets with a rookie QB making his first start.

KC Chiefs- all of them....What a mess

I think I'll hold Kelce another week

Last edited by a moderator:

Maurice Jones-Drew

Go!
jets run d gave up the 3rd fewest rushing yards last yr and the fewest yards per carry by ..3 yards. thats pretty beastly. id hold.

ill proly cut bernard pierce and thats about it other than end of the draft wr like james jones or whoever. pierce is in the doghouse and forsett looks great, like he always does.

I really want to drop Ridley so I can wash my hands of the NEP's RB situation. I won't do do it, though, because I know that'd be stupid after week 1, when there's no injury involved & he didn't even fumble.

I really want to drop Ridley so I can wash my hands of the NEP's RB situation. I won't do do it, though, because I know that'd be stupid after week 1, when there's no injury involved & he didn't even fumble.
Me too, but you know if we cut him he goes off for 100 yards and 2 TDs in week two.

You do know it was almost 100 degrees on the field in Miami right?

Whats funny is a few days ago Yahoo made a fantasy stat about the heat, looks to be true.

Tempted to drop Dobson.

May have been a scratch since he missed the bulk of camp, but not sure he'll get enough looks in that offense even if Brady bounces back with big games.

I would not drop Pierce yet but not looking good for him. Definitely agree about Britt
Why not?

I'm not one to over-react to one week, but Pierce got benched for Justin Forsett. Add to that, the Ravens starting RB is back in week 3. This was Pierce's chance to make a case for a significant time share and it didn't happen. Unless there's an injury we don't know about, I don't think he's anything more than apoor, time-share injury handcuff to rice after next week.

In a dynasty league, I'm dropping him to try to grab Crowell, and kicking myself I didn't do it last week.

I would not drop Pierce yet but not looking good for him. Definitely agree about Britt
Why not?

I'm not one to over-react to one week, but Pierce got benched for Justin Forsett. Add to that, the Ravens starting RB is back in week 3. This was Pierce's chance to make a case for a significant time share and it didn't happen. Unless there's an injury we don't know about, I don't think he's anything more than apoor, time-share injury handcuff to rice after next week.

In a dynasty league, I'm dropping him to try to grab Crowell, and kicking myself I didn't do it last week.
Pretty much this. No one in their right mind will start Pierce next week (even though they're playing Pittsburgh.) Carson Palmer was sitting on my ww so I already dropped Peirce. Why wait.

I'm also gonna drop Devonta Freeman (hopefully for Crowell.) Quizz looked surprisingly good and Antone Smith is just a flat out stud. When SJax goes down, it's gonna be Committee CIty.

• Rule 103 of the Fantasy Primer
Do not overreact to week 1

What this means - if you liked the guy at the daft, don't cut him based on his performance on Sunday.

Perfect Example - MJD. This week was a horrible matchup for him for a variety of reasons. If you started him, you must be really thin at RB. Relax. See what he does next week.

Users who are viewing this thread