What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Week 4 Questions for Bloom (2 Viewers)

Sig - After the Schefter tweet re: Luck's not playing and possible shoulder issues, I made the trade of Luck and Woodhead in exchange for Rivers and Abdullah. Am I crazy? Please opine. I keep hearing you and Waldman in the pre season in my head. And now that Joique Bell may be re injured, I went for it. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Standard league. Who do I start? Melvin Gordon vs Cleveland, or Devonta Freeman vs Houston? Have Karlos Williams starting in my other RB spot.

I like Gordon's matchup better, but Freeman seems to be ranked higher.

edit: Just read that the Chargers O-line might be sitting 4 of 5?

Last edited by a moderator:
Pick 1 running back and 1 flex.

PPR

ivory vs phins j.hill vs chiefs yeldon vs colts Crabtree vs bears Ginn vs Bucs

Hi Sig, FFPC league please pick one RB to go with Woodhead: Powell, Hill, Crowell, Martin or Simms.

Flex: either of the remaining RBs or Britt or Fleener?

TIA!

Hello Sig -- TD-heavy league --

Need to pick one (assuming no Foster) of Crowell, David Johnson, Stewart, M Jones, Rawls. Also need to pick between A Cooper and Mike Evans. And Eli or Wilson.

Thanks!

Good morning Sig - thanks for your service!

Choose one for the WR/RB Flex in Full PPR (listed in the order I am leaning):

• CJ Spiller v DAL
  • Lance Dunbar @ NO

(I think it's between these two)
  • Golden Tate @ SEA
  • Ameer Abdullah @ SEA

(normally start them at WR & Flex)
  • Matt Jones v PHI
  • David Johnson v STL

(holding)
Thanks in advance.

Thanks again Sig!

Non PPR

PICK ONE #2 WR behind Julio --Tate @ Seattle; Hankerson vs. Houston; D. Parker vs Jets

PICK ONE # 2 RB behind Latavius-- Hill vs KC; Foster @ Altanta; Woodhead vs Cleve; R. Matthews @ Wash; Rawls, vs Detroit

PICK ONE Flex --- any of the above --

thanks!

Sig, one flex to fill. 1 pt PPR. I'm torn.

B.Cooks vs Dal

Eifert vs KC

Kelce vs Cin

Thanks in advance

Morning Bloom ....

Full PPR - Frank Gore or Karlos WIlliams?

Half PPR - Chris Ivory, DeMarco Murray or Marshawn Lynch? (I have Thomas Rawls as well)

Thanks again!

First time in here. I cant believe 95% of the questions are WDIS. Look at Bloom's damn weekly rankings if you want an answer.

First time in here. I cant believe 95% of the questions are WDIS. Look at Bloom's damn weekly rankings if you want an answer.
Apparently Bloom doesn't mind. And we really appreciate that. Besides, its not as "damn" easy as just looking at rankings. What if you need a flex between two different positions with same ranking? what if a short explanation helps clarify ? and with most rankings, once you get past top 25, its a crap shoot--

I own Mike Evans as my WR1. Now that he is healthy, he is getting the targets, but I don't trust Winston to perform consistently as a rookie.

I have been offered Keenan Allen straight up for Evans. Allen is probably not as talented, but Rivers is a proven QB. However the Chargers OL is pretty banged up too.

For Week 4 and beyond, who do you like better? Mike Evans or Keenan Allen. Non-PPR.

Thanks!
evans easy

How should we handle Shady McCoy? I have him as a RB3 right now. Should I wait to see if he heals and then trade him? Or is it better to fire sale him right now? If I were to fire sale him, what is the lowest level WR you would accept?
wait. still a great situation. fire sale i would want at least a decker/stevie type in PPR

12-Team PPR

Trade Cooks and Sproles for Dez?

Rest of Team....

QB- Palmer, Tanny

RB - Foster, Gore, Woody, KDavis

WR - OBJ, Calvin, JBrown, LaFell

TE - Reed, Julius

Thanks Bloom!
if you're 3-0, sure. RB depth is a little shaky if foster doesnt hit and i do like sproles. its an even deal and you are strong at WR. if foster is fine, you'll be glad you did it

I'm 0-3, what do you think I need to do with my roster, any trades I might be able to pull off to improve my team?

Here's my roster:

QB: Matt Ryan

WR: Jordan Matthews

WR: John Brown

RB: Adrian Peterson

RB: Lamar Miller

TE: Jimmy Graham

FLEX: Dion Lewis (not this week obviously, rolling with Karlos)

Bench: Todd Gurley Karlos Williams, Ronnie Hllman, Knile Davis, Davante Adams, CMike

I guess my WRs are weak? What do? It's a 12 team standard league.
offer up matthews for evans. karlos/lewis will be your RB/flex going forward

My keeper league structure is one where you can keep an unlimited number of keepers, but each keeper moves up 3 rounds from where he was taken last year. For example, I picked Foster in the 6th, he would cost me a 3rd if I decided to keep him next year. Any undrafted free agents (like D. Lewis) would cost me a 13th round pick next year. We can keep players until their cost goes to round 1.

How does one evaluate the keeper value of Hill, for example? I kept him for a 10th this year and he'd cost a 7th to keep next year.

Anyone have any resources for trying to evaluate residual value? Especially for discounting a first-third rounder this year who I wouldn't be able to keep next year.

Thanks in advance,

B
i think of it as contract options 2 yrs/7th, 3 yrs/4th, and if its a discount from projected value, add that into considerations. if you believe in hill the keeper dimension adds extra profit if you're right.

Non-PPR, Would you trade away Ellington for Moncrief? I have pretty good RB depth.

How would you rank my backup RBs ROS? (Ellington, LMiller, KWilliams, Abdullah, DLewis, RMathews)
im open to that. lewis/karlos your starters

1) Assuming Foster’s return is delayed another week..who should I play as my RB2 this week: Alfred Blue or Ameer Abdullah?

2) Growing impatient with Kyle Rudolph..not many targets and dropping TD passes. Luckily got Gates on the bench. Should I drop Rudolph for MaxxWilliams/Crockett Gillmore? Owen Daniels ?
blue if foster OUT, but i think he's active.

maybe for gillmore once healthy

Hello Sig! -- Having RB issues week-to-week in my TD-heavy league. Dropped David Johnson for Rawls..was that short-sighted? Would Yeldon provide better depth than Rawls? I have Gore, Stewart, Crow, Matt Jones, and Foster..should I have dropped Crow or Jones instead?

Finally, Steve Johnson or Dorsett ROS TDs?

Thanks for helping me stay afloat thus far!
david johnson over crow

steve over dorsett

Hey Sig, got some more WDIS questions...Bolded names show what I'm leaning towards starting

Let me know if you think I should start anyone not bolded...thanks!

League 1, PPR:

RB:

Forsett (vs Pitt Tonight)

Gore (vs Jax)

Ivory (London vs Mia)

Sproles (in the monsoon vs Wash)

WRs (conflicted about Brown tonight)

Antonio (Played... :( )

Moncrief (vs JAX) (Flex)

Cooper (at CHI)

John Brown (vs STL)

Matt Harmon's Boy (@ IND)

League 2, PPR:

QB:

Rivers (vs CLE)

Carr (@ CHI)

RB:

AP (@DEN)

Woodhead (vs CLE)

Sproles (@ WASH)

Abdullah (@ SEA)

WR:

MEGA (@SEA)

AJ Green (vs KC)

Keenan Allen (vs CLE)

John Brown (vs STL)

League 3, PPR:

TE:

Heath (Tonight vs BAL)

Owen Daniels (vs MIN)
carr over rivers

mega over allen

Hey Sig,

Drop Andre for Rawls (I own Lynch and have no other MNF players)? Also, what's a fair trade you'd offer for Dalton (0.5 PPR, 6 pts for each passing TD)? Here's my roster:

QB- Rivers, Romo

RB- Lynch, Gore, Ivory, Yeldon, Duke

WR: AJ, Cooper, Evans, Andre, Decker, Steve Johnson
yes

really hard to trade QBs. basically anything that upgrades your lineup

I'm a pretty big underdog this week, so I need some upside at RB. Can you rank the following by ceiling:

Lynch

Abdullah

Stewart

Gurley

Duke Johnson

Spiller

Rawls

Other starters: Luck, Fitzgerald, ARob, Kelce, Lavonte David (LB), P. McPhee (DL), and M. Jenkins (DB)

Other bench players: CMike, Dez, Martavis

Bye: Dion Lewis

Non-PPR, 10 team league, 1-2 record, currently 7th (6 teams make playoffs).
Rawls

AA

spiller

are the guys you want

Who would you trade for Karlos Williams and or Gurley in start 2RB 2WR 1flex PPR team. Huge bench.

I have Sproles, Woodhead, Ellington, JRandle(about to drop backup QB Sam Bradford for CMike), Dion Lewis, Blount, RMatthews and T Rawles.

My WRs are ABrown, TY Hilton, Landry and DGB.

Gronk at TE

What would you offer to land Willams and Gurley? Or one over the other? Plan to start Lewis every week after bye.

Was thinking Sproles and Woodhead for both but the owner might want true full PPR RBs.
pretty much anyone outside of lewis brown hilton for karlos. not that excited re: gurley. might even deal landry for karlos

Hi Sig,

Just looked at your week 4 on tiers article for qbs and didn't see Jameis Winston listed. Not that I foresee starting him much as I have Matt Ryan and Drew Brees, but was curious as to what your thoughts on him are.

Thanks.

Short bench, so I don't back up QB/TE/K/D. If Luck can't go, who do I drop for an emergency fill-in? Or do you think a Stafford/Winston/Alex Smith/Fitzpatrick type is a better choice even if a dinged up Luck does play?

Start 2RB/2WR/Flex, no-PPR

QB - Luck
RB - Ellington, Freeman, Karlos, Crowell, C-Mike [CAN'T DROP: LeVeon/DeWill)
WR - Evans, Landry, John Brown, Moncrief
TE - Kelce
K - Bailey
D - Green Bay

Really don't want to drop anyone if I won't play the backup QB, so I'll wait to last minute. Would it be crazy to take a 0 at kicker and drop Bailey instead of a bench RB/WR? (Defense scores much higher than K in this league.)

If it matters, I'm already up 22-4 with one Thursday player vs. two (LeVeon vs Smiff/Maxx).

Also, regardless if Luck plays, does that impact whether I want to start Moncrief? Thanks! This is freaking me out!

Sig -- If Lynch doesn't see the field, what would your projections be for Rawls? I see some enthusiasm for him in your replies.

Morning! -

The Pats bye has me thin at RB... do I start Andre Ellington (assuming he plays) or do I pull one of these guys off the WW:

Hillman

Vereen

Powell

Riddick

Duke Johnson

McFadden

Artis-Payne

Zenner

If you go Ellington, but he sits, which of those guys do you like?

Is there any universe where you start CMike over Ellington this week?

Standard, Redraft league. Need upside.

--

Also: Would you rank these guys ROS - Clay, Cameron, Gillmore

I can only carry 2 and I'm starting to sour on Cameron.

Thanks again!
vereen maybe

clay cameron gillmore, but when CG healthy could flip

Who is the odd man out below in a non-PPR standard scoring lg? I'm looking at sitting Forsett, but having second thoughts.

Forsett vs Pitt

Hyde vs GB

Freeman vs Hou

Gurley vs Ari

It's a short bench lg (3 spots), so the following are on WW. Any you see here that are worth grabbing and dropping one from above?

M.Jones (Wash)

G.Bernard

Woodhead

Crowell

Moncrief

J.Brown (Ari)

Hillman

Vereen

Dunbar

Blue

Rawls
gurley is the odd man out. try to find room for rawls, but not from your 4 RBs

Trade question!

I'm 1-2 (thanks Frank Gore!) in a PPR league and already planning for the week 9 byes (wouldn't with a better record).

I have Charles, Foster and David Johnson with w9 byes, my other RBs are Gore, Woodhead and Yeldon. Gore and Yeldon will face good/great defenses that week.

I was offered Chris Ivory for Donte Moncrief. My current WRs are: A Brown, John Brown, Cobb, Amari Cooper, Moncrief and DeVante Parker. So that would leave me with 5 WRs and 7 RBs in a 1QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 6 bench league, not really what I wanted. Take it?

I'm also in conversations with Latavius Murray owner for a trade involving Gore + Moncrief (he's selling DeMarco Murray, but I think Latavius is better now). That would open a spot for a WR from the ww. Thoughts?

Sorry about the wall of text, decisions are hard! ;)

12 team shallow bench ppr trade question:

I give up Ingram and Allen Robinson for Mike Evans and Gio? Have Demaryous and the below at WR and Gore, Rashad Jennings and Dunbar at RB.

Also, flex ppr question:

John Brown, Stevie Johnson, Dunbar or Percy? Nervous about Luck (Bortles is my alternate), so I am looking for upside.

Mahalo!

Hi Sig,

I am wrestling with some lineup decisions...

Pick 3 RBs: Foster, Gurley, Gordon, Abdullah, Matt Jones

For WRs: do I start Agholor (one last time!) or pick up Allen Hurns, Tedd Ginn, Ty Montgomery, Roddy White, Leonard Hankerson. I'm almost thinking maybe dropping Agholor for Ty Montgomery might make sense.

It's a dynasty league so I'm trying to factor in an eye toward the future and not only win now. Though I want to win! I'm 1-2 so far and likely headed to 1-3 this week.

Thank you!
Bump. Little help?

Hi Sig hope all is well.

Do I roll with Luck this week or pick up Carr? - would have to drop DMartin to do so.

Also, if Foster plays - need to sit one Foster, Woodhead, Moncrief. PPR.

Thanks!

I drafted Brady and Palmer in a standard PPR. After Brady's bye this week, I don't see a reason to waste a spot on Palmer, aside from keeping him off a contending roster.

What types of guys, realistically, would you target 1 for 1 at RB/WR?

I need to pick up a tight end with Delanie Walker on bye this week. This is a 12 team, 0.2 PPR, redraft league.

Available tight ends: LaDarious Green (vs. Cle), Jared Cook (@ Ari), Richard Rodgers (@ SF), Larry Donnell (@ Buf), Owen Daniels (vs Min), Dwayne Allen (vs. Jax)

In a 10 team, redraft, 0.5 PPR league where I am 0-3 and an underdog (playing against a solid team with Cam & Olsen), who should I start at RB2?

Danny Woodhead (vs. Cle), Shane Vereen (@ Buf), or take the gamble and start Thomas Rawls (vs. Det) hoping Lynch doesn't play?

In the same 0.5 PPR league, who should I play at my flex?

Percy Harvin or John Brown?

Hi Sig. 12 team redraft ppr: I drafted Romo & Newton as my QB's. Romo hurt and I am holding on to him. When I go to get my week 5 replacement qb for Newton, do I drop Crowell or CMike? Other RB's are Abdullah, DionLewis, Gurley, Sproles. Not dropping my wr's (Antonio Brown, Hilton, Hopkins, John Brown). Thanks for your service! Appreciate your advice. Likey dropping Crow and holding CMike.That's the right move, correct?

Hey Sig,

Two questions for 10 team standard.

If Andrew Luck cant go. Who do you start from the following:

Fitzpatrick, stafford, bortles, bridgewater, hasselback, foles, alex smith, winston, cousins, or kapernick?

All vomit options.

Also, if Ivory's snaps are going to be limited do you start jordan reed, j landry, or ryan matthews as flex instead?

Thanks Sig

Users who are viewing this thread