What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are you "Elite" at in Life? (1 Viewer)

Picking winners - they don't call me the bookie killer for nothing. Call me and Skip today or hit us up on twitter @VIPSportsLV

Being me. And I'm fairly certain there are plenty of people that could be a better me than I currently am.

I'm elite at cracking wise.. according to my wife who doesn't consider it a particularly positive trait.  But eff her.  

Due diligence, structuring mergers & acquisitions, special purpose multi-state tax entities, teaching little kids how to ride a bike, biblical exegesis.

There is no un-looking. My ex-girl's brother J used to drop 'em at parties he hated.  

Dis-gusting.  
Lol!

Well, I can most definitely see the "talent" involved. 

These days, I'm happy with morning regularity. 

Dropping deuce on a dime (at will)...wow...I can't fathom that anymore.

Then again, Otb and his sambucol (sp? or other remedy), could be a creative cheat code here.

If we're talking top 1-1.5% of the world's population or US population I'd say I'm elite at:

Hiking/Backpacking/Caving/Canyoneering...possibly running (although I'm not all that fast probably at the low end of top 25% in local road races so I'd be at best borderline of overall population).

If we're talking to 1-1.5% of people who regularly do something I'd say I have no elite skills.  Although I'd be close in backpacking.

If we're talking top 1-1.5% of the world's population or US population I'd say I'm elite at:

Hiking/Backpacking/Caving/Canyoneering...possibly running (although I'm not all that fast probably at the low end of top 25% in local road races so I'd be at best borderline of overall population).

If we're talking to 1-1.5% of people who regularly do something I'd say I have no elite skills.  Although I'd be close in backpacking.
Yeah, if we're talking top 1% of the US or World population, that list becomes massive.  Heck, I'm a top 1% in the world basketball coach, and I've never coached above 8th grade.

Some of the "suck at"s reminded me of this - I have a supreme poker face. Have a natural dead-dog stare, but learned how to be placid in the counseling biz, then an old pro (best gambler i ever seen) told me early in my card career to do everything at a poker table like it was the best idea i ever had and the combo not only makes my face indecipherable but precipitates reveals from others.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wordament, Boggle, Jumble, Anagrams...anything that involves making words out of random letters.

Useless Rain Man skill.

making money

golf

long time ago i was a coast guard rescue swimmer which i imagine is a small group of people globally, but don't think that qualifies as "elite" in the sense the OP asked.

10 key calculator
machine gun?

can you foot a phone book without looking?

(actual actual exercise my first day as an intern with Ernst & Young nee Young & Young. also one of the reasons why i went to PwC nee Coopers & Lybrand after I graduated.)

Users who are viewing this thread