What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What song are you listening to right now? (5 Viewers)

Gerry Rafferty - Get It Right Next Time

Man I love this song; I don't know what it is about it. I grew up in the 70's and 80's it may have gotten a lot of airplay and I just forgot about it maybe? I don't know nor do I recall since I would have been 10 or 11 years old when this song came out. Anyway, it popped up in my recommended songs from Amazon music. It started playing and for some reason I was already familiar with it but I honestly don't recall ever hearing it before, super strange. Regardless, love it, can't stop playing it.

Man I love this song; I don't know what it is about it. I grew up in the 70's and 80's it may have gotten a lot of airplay and I just forgot about it maybe? I don't know nor do I recall since I would have been 10 or 11 years old when this song came out. Anyway, it popped up in my recommended songs from Amazon music. It started playing and for some reason I was already familiar with it but I honestly don't recall ever hearing it before, super strange. Regardless, love it, can't stop playing it.
I didn't remember it until I heard the chorus. It peaked at #21 on Billboard Hot 100 so it probably a moderate amount of airplay, but perhaps not where you live

I remember this on the radio, nice find.

That is a good one that I hadn't heard in a while.
Here's another underrated tune from the 70s that doesn't get airplay that many may not have heard in a while.
Hall and Oates - When the Morning Comes

That is a good one that I hadn't heard in a while.
Here's another underrated tune from the 70s that doesn't get airplay that many may not have heard in a while.
Hall and Oates - When the Morning Comes
I didn’t know it was Hall and Oates.

Will have to give this a listen from home. I only know Baker Street by him.

Both good songs, but this is one I always liked.

It was you,
hooman,
right down the line.

First song recorded about replicants.

Just played both these from home. I recognize Right Down the Line. Good song.

Crowded House - Black And White Boy (Early Rough Mix 1993)

Far superior to the official studio release. And, no, this isn't about Neil Finn's Dalmatian, Lester (as Finn claimed). It's about the band's bipolar drummer, Paul Hester.

Really surprised me when I first heard it, as I didn't think they were capable of doing such a straight ahead rock song like this.

Someone on Twitter described it as "Black and White Boy is Crowded House trying to be what they're not, but man it works so well!"

Last edited:
The Plimsouls - Zero Hour (Hollywood Heartbeat 1980)

Hollywood Heartbeat was a local LA TV show that was simulcast on radio.

I loved The Plimsouls and never have figured out why they didn't make it.

Other L.A. bands around that time broke nationally (like The Knack and The Go-Go's) and a few years later they signed with a major label, Richard Perry's Planet Records, but success eluded them.

Last edited:
Poco - Under The Gun (1980)

Not a big Poco fan, but this one I really liked.

Poco was like the farm team for The Eagles giving them Randy Meisner and Timothy B Schmitt

Last edited:
When Poco started in the early 70's they did a tour of colleges and performed free, just to build a following. It worked because they were good and very high-energy performing live. I saw them in a gym at American University with no chairs. Everyone sat on the floor, the show started, and by the end of the first song everyone was on their feet for the rest of the show. Great live band.

Blake Shelton - Some Beach (2004)

Some beach
Somewhere
There's a big umbrella casting shade over an empty chair
Palm trees are growin' and warm breezes blowin'
I picture myself right there
On some beach
Somewhere

#1 Country, #28 Billboard US Hot 100

United Ghosts - Crash (2018)

Stellar shoegaze tune that everyone seems to have missed. An ethereal sound, both haunting and soothing.

Inés Adam - At The Door (2021)

Cover of The Strokes, which incorporates "Human Sadness" at the end.

I like her version better, deft vocals with a lighter touch than Julian Casablancas had on the original (which I found a bit heavy handed).

Nina Simone - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood (Live 196?)

Nina Simone did the original of this song, written specifically for her. The Animals hit version was a cover.

I did not know that. That's an interesting nugget from the morning.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good
Oh Lord, please don't let me be misunderstood
My MAD Part 2 post on it here: LINK

(Not judging for not reading it or missing it. Just sharing some background on it that I discussed there.)

My MAD Part 2 post on it here: LINK (Not judging for not reading it or missing it. Just sharing some background on it that I discussed there.)

Heh. I was going to ask if I missed it in yours. Seriously. But I know you're not judging.

I didn't do MAD 2 because I knew I'd miss a lot of stuff given that I had a class and the holidays were coming. I wanted to sit and digest people's selections if I was going to give my own, and I couldn't do that.

So, anyway, I figured you're cool with it.

My MAD Part 2 post on it here: LINK (Not judging for not reading it or missing it. Just sharing some background on it that I discussed there.)

Heh. I was going to ask if I missed it in yours. Seriously. But I know you're not judging.

I didn't do MAD 2 because I knew I'd miss a lot of stuff given that I had a class and the holidays were coming. I wanted to sit and digest people's selections if I was going to give my own, and I couldn't do that.

So, anyway, I figured you're cool with it.
Yeah, definitely. I saw that you did not join that. And Lord knows I missed some posts there too. Always happy to see folks learning new stuff about Nina Simone, whether from my posts or otherwise.

Nina Simone did the original of this song, written specifically for her. The Animals hit version was a cover.

(Not judging for not reading it or missing it. Just sharing some background on it that I discussed there.)

Sorry for missing it. I wouldn't have read it as I don't read draft threads after I got suspended for 3 months in the only one that I ever participated in (and that experience left a bad taste in my mouth).

I could have done a search for it, but since you posted the studio version, I doubt that would made any difference, as I like the live version a lot better. :-)

Sorry for missing it. I wouldn't have read it as I don't read draft threads after I got suspended for 3 months in the only one that I ever participated in (and that experience left a bad taste in my mouth).

I could have done a search for it, but since you posted the studio version, I doubt that would made any difference, as I like the live version a lot better. :-)
The live version is great. The entire Nina Simone in England concert that that is from is amazing. Love the live version of “Ain’t Got No - I Got Life”. Also a live version of “Why? The King of Love is Dead” written by her bassist the day after MLK’s death.

The live version is great. The entire Nina Simone in England concert that that is from is amazing. Love the live version of “Ain’t Got No - I Got Life”. Also a live version of “Why? The King of Love is Dead” written by her bassist the day after MLK’s death.

Thanks, I've got to check out the rest of that UK concert.

Last edited:
No Vacation - Estrangers (Buzzsession 2020)

Exquisite Dream Pop from SFO band that is now based in Brooklyn NY.

Cello: Eunghee Cho (not a band member, guest on this one track)

Users who are viewing this thread