What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you “arrange” your paper money? (1 Viewer)

Do you typically arrange your paper money/bills to face the same direction and by denomination?

• Yes

Votes: 156 83.0%
  • No

Votes: 30 16.0%
  • Cryptocurrency FTW

Votes: 2 1.1%

• Total voters
of course. .......I am not a heathen.

(had to come up with a different word since weirdo and psycho were already taken)
Wow, I never, ever would have thought that this particular act is where I'm not "normal." I am flummoxed that this many of you organize your cash so meticulously in your wallet.

Mind. Blown.

Yes, organized both ways. And folded in half so that when in the money clip on the outside of the wallet, the smallest denomination is showing.

Edit: the goal isn't to appear broke or avoid showing big bills. It's so that when the money clip is opened and the bills are unfolded, you can count it quickly starting off the top. Nobody counts $53 as 1-2-3-13-33-53, you count 20-40-50-51-52-53...

(had to come up with a different word since weirdo and psycho were already taken)
Wow, I never, ever would have thought that this particular act is where I'm not "normal." I am flummoxed that this many of you organize your cash so meticulously in your wallet.

Mind. Blown.
It’s not the Herculean task you make it. Takes four seconds. Maybe less.
But this is a good one to not be normal, unlike those animals that ball up their toilet paper.

for those who's devil may care attitude involves keeping their cash unsorted, let me be the first to say "get off my lawn wallet"
Lest anyone confuse us, I am more than happy to take your cash - sorted or unsorted.

Mind. Blown.
It’s not the Herculean task you make it. Takes four seconds. Maybe less.
But this is a good one to not be normal, unlike those animals that ball up their toilet paper.
Takes me three seconds to simply count my money when I need to. :shrug:

But, I agree, if there's one to be abnormal on I guess it's this one as, before this thread, I never even gave it a second thought.

Takes me three seconds to simply count my money when I need to. :shrug:
I mostly do it so I don’t tip a $20 instead of a $5 to a cab driver drunkenly or something. It’s more of a habit though I guess - not something I really think about.

Can’t remember the last time I carried multiple US bills, but definitely would anrrange by denomination, and it’s even more important with foreign currency.

Money---like paper money? I am married and not allowed to carry this stuff.

My wife really has this thing about having cash in the house for some reason. It is like if I somehow get paid by someone in cash, my wife will smell the cash coming in the door. Then it will be the constant suggestion of what we do with it--like come dinner time and I say," Hey do want to get some burgers?" Her response will be,"Sounds good. You can use that cash you have." :lmao:

But hey, our 30th anniversary is coming up in August, so I guess I have to keep her. :yes:

Money---like paper money? I am married and not allowed to carry this stuff.

My wife really has this thing about having cash in the house for some reason. It is like if I somehow get paid by someone in cash, my wife will smell the cash coming in the door. Then it will be the constant suggestion of what we do with it--like come dinner time and I say," Hey do want to get some burgers?" Her response will be,"Sounds good. You can use that cash you have." :lmao:

But hey, our 30th anniversary is coming up in August, so I guess I have to keep her. :yes:
Congrats on the 30 years, deserves a nice gift for her. May I suggest cash?

I had a civilian job on a military base that was subject to random register counts. One of the things you would get points counted off is if you're money was not all faced the same way.

Mind. Blown.

I’m guessing you never had a job where you dealt with cash or cash tips a lot (server, valet, dealer!). In those jobs it becomes readily apparent after about five minutes that it is far far more efficient to keep your bills organized. If you’re trying to give someone 18 dollars change and you pull out 20-30 bills of various denominations in random order from your pocket/wallet, it’s going to take materially longer. Now of course when you don’t carry that many bills - maybe it’s 5 different bills rather than 30 - the efficiency is far less noticeable. But I maintain it is still there. It’s just marginal.

As for having them face the same direction, that’s probably my mild OCD.

I have a lot of tendencies towards the overly anal retentive. I thought I'd be in the minority on this one, but a, surprised to see so many do the same. My dad was the one who taught me to do it, and I'll never forget the day he said to me: "If you don't take care of your money and treat it with respect, you'll lose it easily." And then he took out an old school can opener and cracked this guy in the head and opened up his forehead like a can of Hawaiian Punch. He used to run book for the Chicalletti family.

Mind. Blown.

I’m guessing you never had a job where you dealt with cash or cash tips a lot (server, valet, dealer!). In those jobs it becomes readily apparent after about five minutes that it is far far more efficient to keep your bills organized. If you’re trying to give someone 18 dollars change and you pull out 20-30 bills of various denominations in random order from your pocket/wallet, it’s going to take materially longer. Now of course when you don’t carry that many bills - maybe it’s 5 different bills rather than 30 - the efficiency is far less noticeable. But I maintain it is still there. It’s just marginal.

As for having them face the same direction, that’s probably my mild OCD.
Correct, I have not.

What about when you receive change back?

I want the coins first then the paper money. Hold the coins to put paper money in money clip then coins in the pocket. Furiating to get handed paper and then coins put on top. All the does is allow you to drop all the coins.

I have a lot of tendencies towards the overly anal retentive. I thought I'd be in the minority on this one, but a, surprised to see so many do the same. My dad was the one who taught me to do it, and I'll never forget the day he said to me: "If you don't take care of your money and treat it with respect, you'll lose it easily." And then he took out an old school can opener and cracked this guy in the head and opened up his forehead like a can of Hawaiian Punch. He used to run book for the Chicalletti family.

Wait, wut?

LOL.

Double LOL for the double-take I had to do. You the man, ProstheticRGK. Don't ever lose your sense of humor, GB.

I want the coins first then the paper money. Hold the coins to put paper money in money clip then coins in the pocket. Furiating to get handed paper and then coins put on top. All the does is allow you to drop all the coins.
I prefer coins on top. That way, I can wrap them in the bills and have less stuff jingling in my pocket (don’t carry a wallet or billfold, nor use a murse).

Ahhh... a WN? poll for a different day!

When old school counting change back to the customer, the coins are handed over first.

I do good to keep the bills straight/not wrinkled sometimes. Not really a lot of arranging going on, unfortunately.

Wow, apparently I'm in the minority here. You people actually take the time to sort your cash?
Not only that. Once I get more than five dollar bills, i section those by folding them together inside the other bills. So i know if I grab that group of bills it's $5

I have never had more than four $1 bills. Or two $5s. Or two $10s.

It’s not allowed to happen.

Edit - OK, accidentally it has happened sometimes. Usually once every 4-5 years.

When old school counting change back to the customer, the coins are handed over first.

You’re talking upper tier top 1% of cashiers. That’s so rare these days it’s an auto tip for me.

My first job was in fast food, where it was required to have your cash drawer organized with all the bills facing the same way. Getting into the habit there then translated into me doing it with my own cash. And it just stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread