What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Do you typically wear slippers around the house? (1 Viewer)

Do you typically wear slippers around the house?

• Yes

Votes: 54 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 108 66.7%

• Total voters
Never did for over 45 years. Until I found these...

Now I never go without them on my feet at home.

Life changing. There are others here that can attest after getting them on board.

Which model? There are a lot of different ones at that link.

What do you find life changing about them? What's different than other high quality slides or sandals?
I have the Ooaah slides. The specific color I have isn't available that I can see (smoke), but I've seen it pop up at times. You can find them on their own site, Amazon, REI, amongst others. Usually in $50-60 range but they can drop up $30-40.

It's hard to fully describe, but once you start wearing, you'll not want to be without and other sandals feel like wood. The cushioning is unlike other shoes and literally took away stiffness in legs I'd wake up with or other regular lower extremity aches. It's done wonders for people I know with plantar fasciitis as well.

Thanks. I'm a long time fan of Birkenstocks. And I have some Hoka slides on the other end of the softness range. Those are both high quality. I'm sure the oofa's are way better than no support (but cool) Havaianas, but I wonder how they compare to a supportive shoe. I may give some a try.
Ignorant about the Oofos, but Birks are all I wear at work, or home, or doing anything besides mowing grass or shoveling snow.

I haven't tried everything, but anything I've worn that's "soft or cushy" eventually makes my feet hurt. Gotta have my cork.

Yes. It's counterintuitive but the harder-soled Birkenstocks are fantastic for many. Me included. It's not a thing where the softest is the best.

Although I love my Hoka shoes for walking and they're plush.

Life changing. There are others here that can attest after getting them on board.

What do you find life changing about them? What's different than other high quality slides or sandals?
I have the Ooaah slides. The specific color I have isn't available that I can see (smoke), but I've seen it pop up at times. You can find them on their own site, Amazon, REI, amongst others. Usually in $50-60 range but they can drop up $30-40.

It's hard to fully describe, but once you start wearing, you'll not want to be without and other sandals feel like wood. The cushioning is unlike other shoes and literally took away stiffness in legs I'd wake up with or other regular lower extremity aches. It's done wonders for people I know with plantar fasciitis as well.

Thanks. I'm a long time fan of Birkenstocks. And I have some Hoka slides on the other end of the softness range. Those are both high quality. I'm sure the oofa's are way better than no support (but cool) Havaianas, but I wonder how they compare to a supportive shoe. I may give some a try.
Ignorant about the Oofos, but Birks are all I wear at work, or home, or doing anything besides mowing grass or shoveling snow.

I haven't tried everything, but anything I've worn that's "soft or cushy" eventually makes my feet hurt. Gotta have my cork.

Yes. It's counterintuitive but the harder-soled Birkenstocks are fantastic for many. Me included. It's not a thing where the softest is the best.

I'll make you a deal....

You buy a pair of those Oofos and if they aren't better than the stuff you own, then we'll never ask about reinstating any yoga pants threads.

But if they are.....

I may be way behind the times....Slides? Never heard the term. Are those like the Adidas sandals/flip-flops that sissies wore to the dorm showers back in the day?
Yeah it's not a term I've ever used. I assume it means sandals without the toe thingy.

Nope. Mostly some sort of cabin sock or nice wool socks if it’s winter. Barefoot if it’s hot. Step into crocs if need to go outside and it’s too cold/wet/whatever.

I may be way behind the times....Slides? Never heard the term. Are those like the Adidas sandals/flip-flops that sissies wore to the dorm showers back in the day?
Yeah it's not a term I've ever used. I assume it means sandals without the toe thingy.

Its weird, IIRC, they came out in the 90s. I think Kane in Menace wears them. We wore them and the medium length herringbone-like woven thick *** white socks in the summer. With our baggy jorts and a pager clipped on the side.:lmao: They were always "flip flops w/o the toe thingy" and immediately took the place of the old school flip flops among urban kids.

My kids started calling them slides around 2012 ish.

Live in Florida so they are completely unnecessary around here most of the year
I do however like to wear socks at times and prefer the Thor-Lo athletic types with cushion and padding inside to soften the tile floors in my kitchen and dining room.
They came with the house

Have carpet throughout the rest of the place, nice n soft and doesn't ever feel cold.

I'll make you a deal....

You buy a pair of those Oofos and if they aren't better than the stuff you own, then we'll never ask about reinstating any yoga pants threads.

But if they are.....

LOL. Sorry but no.

Last edited:
Also, have we defined "slipper"?

And is this more about the actual shoe style itself or wearing a specific houseshoe indoors?

Lots of people would limit "slippers" to something like these.

Or these if you live in Hawaii.

But are you talking about all kinds of shoes worn indoors?

And is this more about the actual shoe style itself or wearing a specific houseshoe indoors?

I think we (I) have defined it. Definitely not the Hawaii style you linked.

Not slides or flip-flops. Not sandals, not socks. Typical slippers/house shoes... can also include "moccasin" types... usually (but not always) has some sort of "fur" lining

Not slides or flip-flops. Not sandals, not socks. Typical slippers/house shoes... can also include "moccasin" types... usually (but not always) has some sort of "fur" lining

Ok. If you take out slides and sandals, lots of people probably need to change their answer.

Ok. If you take out slides and sandals, lots of people probably need to change their answer.
They can/should... but I'm pretty sure that definition has been clear from the start

I wear slides around the house. Does that count?
No, if you are talking about these

They can/should... but I'm pretty sure that definition has been clear from the start

Nothing about the original post at the start had any sort of definition. Which is why we've had all the talk of slides and sandals and such.
third post of thread above.... we just been talking about it for the sake of talking about different types of footwear

During the summer - no.

During the winter, I wear a mix of big socks and OluKai slippers. In my home office I have anti-fatigue mats for my standing desk, so they're not essential, but I do like to wear them when I'm walking around a lot.

I am getting Oofos ads on every device I own now :oldunsure:

P.S. I wear Sanuks, and have a lined pair of slides that are only worn in the house in the winter. During the other times of years I have a non-lined pair of slides that pretty much only get worn in the kitchen and basement.

isn't it typical for you filthy americans to wear your shoes in the house?

repulsive. praying you all start getting in on slippers.

Users who are viewing this thread