What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's Normal? - Should What's Normal? Polls be Public or Private? (1 Viewer)

Should What's Normal? Polls be Public or Private?

• Public - Votes cast are specifically tied to an individual poster

Votes: 12 13.2%
  • Private - Votes cast are anonymous

Votes: 42 46.2%
  • I couldn't care less

Votes: 26 28.6%
  • I could care less

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • Potayto, Potahto

Votes: 7 7.7%

• Total voters
I don't know why they couldn't be public unless it's a sensitive subject. I don't remember any of what I would consider sensitive subjects being discussed in the What's Normal polls.

A couple people in the TP roll thread mentioned having the results public so they could ridicule/block the posters that voted "under". I took that as a joke.

For the What's Normal posts I couldn't care less. They're good natured topics, and it seems like a lot of us almost always end up posting to expound on our vote, or chiming in in some way that would reveal our vote so I don't see the big deal on the majority of the posts.

If the topics ever become some version of "Are you Pro Life/Pro Choice" or "Do you vote red/blue" etc then I'd say better to leave those as private. I've 100% quit talking politics in my everyday life in recent years, as it's just too inflammatory a topic to be constructive. In my experience/situation, there's no room for middle ground - if you're not 100% R or D then you're automatically assumed to be whatever is opposite of the person you're engaging with. So I just avoid all politics conversations period.

I don't know why they couldn't be public unless it's a sensitive subject. I don't remember any of what I would consider sensitive subjects being discussed in the What's Normal polls.

A couple people in the TP roll thread mentioned having the results public so they could ridicule/block the posters that voted "under". I took that as a joke.
It may have seemed like a joke but my ignore button was on fire yesterday.

I wanted to vote for both couldn't care less and could care less but can't so null vote.

Strongly prefer public.
Interesting as that’s a pretty strong statement. I voted “couldn’t care less” as I’ve never seen a poll option on here I’d be so embarrassed to choose I wouldn’t select it, but I also agree with the poster above who postulates that you get the most accurate results with a private poll.

Why do you strongly prefer public?

Strongly prefer public.
Interesting as that’s a pretty strong statement. I voted “couldn’t care less” as I’ve never seen a poll option on here I’d be so embarrassed to choose I wouldn’t select it, but I also agree with the poster above who postulates that you get the most accurate results with a private poll.

Why do you strongly prefer public?

Anonymous helps in some things. If you've got a serious issue that is embarrassing or you don't want others to know, it's obviously a good thing to have it anonymous.

But for most polls, this is a small group where people know each other. I think there's a ton of value in a poll being more like you ask your friends and they reply. Versus a secret ballot box.

Which is even kind of funny as it's two layers of anonymity. People being reluctant about protecting others from seeing how their fake screen name voted is interesting.

That's always been the biggest disconnect for me and I think everyone else. I operate here with my real name of course and who I am.

I remember meeting a FFA'er in real life one time and taking a pic and asking if I could post the picture. This is a guy that shares a ton on the board and would consider himself one of the cool kids. You'd have thought I'd asked if I could share his social security number. :lmao:

I dont care but I have no idea what the argument is for them being public.

If people really want to talk about their votes, they will reply in the thread. Otherwise, what is the difference if I know what people voted for? like that AAABatteries still finds the sears catalog erotic?

Users who are viewing this thread