What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's unique about your league? (2 Viewers)

I'm not sure what your argument is......"best offer" is only relevant to the seller as he's the one who accepts what he thinks is best. It matters none that someone else may get bent because they think their offer is better but wasn't accepted. It only matters to the seller of the commodity. Period.
I completely agree.  I just wondered if it caused any issues with others in the league thinking the owner accepting certain offers are playing favorites.  There have been many trades in my dynasty league that have gone through where other owners #####ed because they would have given more when more might not have been better in the eyes of the guy accepting the deal. 

I guess my "argument" is more of a question of whether or not this system has raised any issues with one offer being accepted over another. 

But who defines what is the "best offer"?  Since trade evaluation is so subjective I can see where some will get bent out of shape because their offer wasn't accepted when they think it is a better offer.  I am not sure how to define best since too many variables go into it.  Have you ever had issues with one owner thinks their offer is the best and is pissed some other offer was accepted?
If someone gets butt hurt thinking their offer is better...oh well. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder I guess when it comes to players/picks

24 team, .5 PPR league.  Drafted like two 12 team leagues.  Each draft is a separate conference.  Each conference has two divisions.  There are cross over games so there will be match ups where you have the same players on each team.  Each week is a double header.

The first 10 rounds are auction style with $100 budget, no roster limits.  The last 6 rounds are snake style and still no roster limits.  Don't have to draft a kicker or defense or QB for that matter.  There is not a waiver system but all transactions have a fee.  Starting at the kick off of the noon games on Sunday all transactions are $5 then Monday is $4, Tuesday $3, Wednesday $2 and $1 for each day up until kickoff on Sunday again.  Trades are $5 which I dislike because they rarely happen because of it.

It's by far my favorite league and it's the most competitive.

We have an odd waiver system that I hate but can't convince the others to change.  Waivers occur every 4 weeks (wk 1, 4, 8, 12), players cannot be picked up in between.

It does facilitate more trading in between waiver weeks, but come on man.

We have an odd waiver system that I hate but can't convince the others to change.  Waivers occur every 4 weeks (wk 1, 4, 8, 12), players cannot be picked up in between.

It does facilitate more trading in between waiver weeks, but come on man.

TripleThreat said:
limit of 3 moves per week. It makes bye weeks, and streaming D/K's ... interesting.  
We get five free agent moves per year. Lost my third place game because I was never able to pick up a better kicker than Crosby or Tavecchio.
12 Team, but we go 22 rounds deep with 2QB, 2RB, 3WR, 1Flex, 1K starting, so depth can be found during the draft.

Keep 6 including 1 guy going into his 2nd or 3rd year who couldn't have started more than twice.
Long TD bonuses 21-30 for a point, 31-40 for a point and so on.

Odd scoring, 1-Pt every 12 yards. QB's get 1 point per 25 yards, but the first 100 are only 1 point.

Forgot one: We penalize for interceptions, but not for fumbles. This is because when the league started back in 93 or so, the newspaper that was used to calculate scores didn't show fumbles. However, when the league first started, fumbles were -2. This led to the only way someone would be penalized is if the game was watched and the fumble was noted to the league. As you can imagine, this led to a bit of disbelief. After the first year or two, fumbles were dropped.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, I have a few.  First the basics.  8-12 team IDP, rosters of 38 plus 5 rookie-only taxi squad, PPR, keeper league.  I say 8 to 12 because it does fluctuate sometimes based on last-minute drop outs that occasionally happen.

Winner gets a crystal trophy and a ring worth $200.

First unusual thing is the keeper system.  At the end of the season, players are placed into one of four tiers based on their PPG Average from the previous year.  Each tier has a dollar cost to it.  Just prior to draft, each owner has to declare keepers.  You can only keep one tier-1 player (the studs), two tier-2 players (strong players), three tier-3 players (above average players) and unlimited tier-4 players.  Each team starts with $3000 player acquisition money to use for keeper, draft auction and blind-bid waivers.  How much you want to invest in keepers is up to you.  A top-5 QB or RB will cost $600 to keep, for example.  The keepers also come with a draft round cost.  If you keep a tier-1 player, he becomes your first pick in the draft.  Tier-2 players cost rounds 5 and 6.  Tier 3 players cost rounds 10 through 12.  And so on.

The taxi squad is rookies only and they don't count for or against you until they are activated to your active roster.  This allows rookies a chance to develop and you don't have to worry about tying up a roster spot or two carrying a low score (or zero) until the player blossoms.  After week 4, other owners are allowed to make claims on each other's rookies.  If they are successful in getting a rookie, he must immediately go to the active roster and the owner can't drop him for two weeks.  If the original owner wants to keep the rookie, he must go on his active roster.  Once activated, no player can go back to the taxi squad.

Weekly play is best-ball.  Your best QB, 5 offensive skill players, Offensive line, Defensive line, Special teams and 7 LB/DB's score.

Playoff teams (Usually the top 4 teams) start with their average points per game for the season and then add weeks 14, 15 and 16 to it for a total score.  Highest score is champ.

Player scoring is also unusual:
Top QB's average 100 points per game
Top Offensive and defensive  lines as well as special teams average 75-80 points per game
Top RB/WR/TE/LB/DB average 50-55 points points per game
A usual weekly score is between 850 and 1000 points.

The league has been together since 1992.

I commish a 12 team standard league of old coworkers (several have left the company but stayed in the league).  We started it as a cookie-cutter redraft league, but we've turned it into a 2 keeper league. I wanted more but the idea of the first draft choice being a true 5th round talent wasn't appealing to the masses.  Players can be kept for one year only, then have to return to the pool.  We also started allowing draft pick trades, which started resulting in teams with a poor start tanking for the rest of the season and selling all their players for picks.  That upset some owners.  Then we implemented one of my favorite rules so far: 

Top 6 make the playoffs, bottom 6 in the Toilet Bowl.  Winner of the toilet bowl gets 1st pick next year.  TB runner up gets 2nd pick, and so on for Picks 1-6, then we go inverse order for the playoff finishers Picks 7-12. Champ gets 12th pick.  Now if you want to tank and accumulate picks, you still have to leave yourself enough to try and get a high pick by competing in the consolation bracket. 

1. Injury contingencies - Used for any player listed as questionable.  Ex: If Antonio Brown (Q) doesn't play my contingency is Mo Sanu.  Keeps you from getting screwed on Sundays and from having to be at your computer before the start of every game.

2. Losers bracket - 12 tm league, Top 6 teams make the playoffs but the next 4 make the losers bracket which still has a payout to the winner.  Keeps the bottom half of the league active to the end of the season with something to play for.
I like both of these!

Mr. Irrelevant said:
  On 1/6/2018 at 11:19 PM, Titletown_Favres said:
Playoffs ...

WILD CARD WEEKEND (Week 13) --- Seed 3-6 ... highest 2 scoring teams advance

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND (Weeks 14-16). 4 team all play (2 winners from Wild Card plus top 2). So, each week you can have a record of 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, or 0-3 (over 3 weeks thats 9 games). Tiebreakers go to record followed by points and seed respectively.

Basically if you make the Final 4 (12 team league) then one bad week doesn't neccessarily doom you.
Liking this as well.

Mr. Irrelevant said:
Playoffs ...

WILD CARD WEEKEND (Week 13) --- Seed 3-6 ... highest 2 scoring teams advance

CHAMPIONSHIP ROUND (Weeks 14-16). 4 team all play (2 winners from Wild Card plus top 2). So, each week you can have a record of 3-0, 2-1, 1-2, or 0-3 (over 3 weeks thats 9 games). Tiebreakers go to record followed by points and seed respectively.

Basically if you make the Final 4 (12 team league) then one bad week doesn't neccessarily doom you.
In a similar vein, this year a commissioner in one of my long-time leagues moved our playoffs to a round-robin championship bracket. Each of the four playoff teams plays each other once, best overall record (or H2H result if two or more teams are tied) takes the title. An added benefit is that in a 10-team league it cuts the regular season from 14 weeks to 13, which with two 5-team divisions makes for a perfectly balanced schedule (I missed out on the playoffs two years ago b/c my randomly assigned 14th game happened to be against the other division's leader while my wild-card competitor got to play a 2-11 squad)
I think I might like a hybrid of these.  I'd keep our WC weekend in Wk 14, then play All-Play in Weeks 15-16

TripleThreat said:
limit of 3 moves per week. It makes bye weeks, and streaming D/K's ... interesting.  
One of my favorite leagues (folded 3 years back) had deep benches and unlimited trades, but a limit of 12 WW pickups for the entire season.

Personally I loved it as it really forced owners to pay added attention to PK and DST's, and even such mundane things as bye weeks (sounds silly, but the guys who drafted a TE or PK with the first set of byes had to use 2 add/drops instead of 1 during the season, which mattered).

Restricting add/drops is an underappreciated way to add another element of strategy to most leagues.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

I printed each response and made notes on all of them.

Much thanks to all of you :headbang:

:banned:

Users who are viewing this thread