What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's up with Da'rick Rogers (1 Viewer)

On 2 teams I have the same choice at WR#3- Steve Smiff vs a weak Jet pass defense or Da'Rick

Smith has no upside, yet to reach 70 yards this year but a sure bet for about 10ppr points.

If Brazill is out I think that raises Da'Rick's floor to near the level of Smith plus a good chance at major upside

For a lot of us it will be the choice of play it safe or roll the dice with Da'Rick

If Brazill is out I may roll the dice :eek:
I got the exact same choice. I just look at the last month the Jets points given up to WR and its seriosuly absurd. But smith has literally yet to top 70 yards <_<

With no Brazil I feel like Rodgers has a decent floor in PPR. I mean who else is going to catch balls? Hilton and Fleener are the only two other options. Just by being out there for all the snaps as one of essentially 3 options in the passing game means he will get a targets for sure.

On 2 teams I have the same choice at WR#3- Steve Smiff vs a weak Jet pass defense or Da'Rick

Smith has no upside, yet to reach 70 yards this year but a sure bet for about 10ppr points.

If Brazill is out I think that raises Da'Rick's floor to near the level of Smith plus a good chance at major upside

For a lot of us it will be the choice of play it safe or roll the dice with Da'Rick

I got the exact same choice. I just look at the last month the Jets points given up to WR and its seriosuly absurd. But smith has literally yet to top 70 yards <_< With no Brazil I feel like Rodgers has a decent floor in PPR. I mean who else is going to catch balls? Hilton and Fleener are the only two other options. Just by being out there for all the snaps as one of essentially 3 options in the passing game means he will get a targets for sure.
Isn't Cromartie injured as well?Might make you decision easier.

Last edited by a moderator:

I got the exact same choice. I just look at the last month the Jets points given up to WR and its seriosuly absurd. But smith has literally yet to top 70 yards <_< With no Brazil I feel like Rodgers has a decent floor in PPR. I mean who else is going to catch balls? Hilton and Fleener are the only two other options. Just by being out there for all the snaps as one of essentially 3 options in the passing game means he will get a targets for sure.
On the other hand, how much are they even going to have to do to win the game. It's Geno. Steve Smith will get very few targets. He won't even be needed to win the game.

On the other hand, how much are they even going to have to do to win the game. It's Geno. Steve Smith will get very few targets. He won't even be needed to win the game.
Good point. They my run all day.

Whalen promoted back to the active roster off the practice squad. Probably means Brazill is a no-go, or severely limited.
The Indianapolis Colts made a move at wide receiver.

Jim Irsay's team announced Saturday it had promoted wide receiver Griff Whalen from the practice squad and cut cornerback Jalil Brown.

Whalen has been active for six games this season and caught nine passes for 102 yards.

Whalen's elevation suggests receiver LaVon Brazill -- listed as questionable -- is unlikely to play in Sunday's game against the Houston Texans.

The move also could have a side effect on undrafted rookie receiver Da'Rick Rogers. Around The League's resident talent evaluator Chris Wesseling pointed out on Friday's podcast that Rogers was already in line for more targets after busting out last week with six catches for 107 yards and two touchdowns.

LOL a the NFL network right now. These clowns only have jobs because they are former player & coaches. Not even a mention of Rogers when they said they have to get someone to step up.

Mentioned DHB. :lmao: That hack is done. No wonder Mariucci doesn't coach anymore.

LOL a the NFL network right now. These clowns only have jobs because they are former player & coaches. Not even a mention of Rogers when they said they have to get someone to step up.

Mentioned DHB. :lmao: That hack is done. No wonder Mariucci doesn't coach anymore.
DHB couldn't catch a cold.

Brazill inactive makes this a little intriguing. Now I need to consider Rogers for my flex over Bush and Todman

Should I role with this guy over bush or just wait? This guy could blow up today over a really bad pass D

From that article:

"Let's be honest: I lost a lot of money," said Rogers, 22. "But from a life standpoint, I wouldn't have learned the things that I learned. I wouldn't have met the people that I met who helped me grow. I was immature. I needed that. It worked out for the best."

All that has transpired has led to some interesting self-analysis.

"I used to say, 'I've grown up, won't do it again,' " Rogers said. "But then I realized, 'No, I've always known right from wrong.' But really, it's a bunch of things. I've been there before, so I don't want to do that again. I recognize right from wrong. If it's dumb, just don't do that. Don't make your mama cry again because you're in the newspaper. I had to leave all that alone."
I feel really good about owning this guy in dynasty.

From that article:

"Let's be honest: I lost a lot of money," said Rogers, 22. "But from a life standpoint, I wouldn't have learned the things that I learned. I wouldn't have met the people that I met who helped me grow. I was immature. I needed that. It worked out for the best."

"I used to say, 'I've grown up, won't do it again,' " Rogers said. "But then I realized, 'No, I've always known right from wrong.' But really, it's a bunch of things. I've been there before, so I don't want to do that again. I recognize right from wrong. If it's dumb, just don't do that. Don't make your mama cry again because you're in the newspaper. I had to leave all that alone."
Josh Gordon seemed like he had a very similar mentality after his suspension this year and look where he's at.

From that article:

Josh Gordon seemed like he had a very similar mentality after his suspension this year and look where he's at.
Yeah. Some of these guys just need the care-free, consequence-free idiocy slapped out of them by life.

Brazill inactive makes this a little intriguing. Now I need to consider Rogers for my flex over Bush and Todman
I think I'm going to chicken out and start Steve Smith over Da'Rick
I am rolling Darick OVER Smith and Toddman in PPR.

I just feel like the setup is there, and his floor in theory should not be that low. He should get targets on some slants and easy short stuff, there is him Hilton and Fleener as essentially the only options. He has talent, he has a good QB, playing in a dome.

Its all WHALEN (???) and Hilton in the first quarter. Long way to go but that was my fear that one of these random 5th stringers comes in an steals catches. Whalen already has a touchdown...

I think we all underestimated the full suckiness of the Houston Texans right now... Game script doesn't call for a ton of passes when ur opponent is that terrible

Started him over streater in non ppr today... So it's whatever but kinda sucks

Yep that was a dud but as noted the game got out of hand and they basically didn't throw the second half at all.

The Whalen thing was annoying though. Seems like that happens a lot, some practice squad guy comes in and gets way more looks then anyone expects.

I started him over Toddman so that was a pretty awful call.

Rotoworld:

Da'Rick Rogers started and played 60-of-74 snaps in the Colts' Week 15 win over the Texans.

Unfortunately, Rogers had a drop and saw only six targets on a day where Andrew Luck needed only 180 passing yards to beat a Texans team that beat itself. Either way, Rogers has clearly bypassed Darrius Heyward-Bey as a starter in two-receiver sets opposite T.Y. Hilton. Rogers managed 23 yards on two catches against Houston, but maintains Hail Mary WR3 value in fantasy title week. The Colts head to Kansas City for Week 16.

Source: Pro Football Focus

So how did Rogers look overall? I don't care what his numbers were, more concerned with how he looked, and how invoved he seemed to be.

Was he running routes where he was a first or second option a lot of the time? Was he a check down a lot of the time?

I didn;t get a chance to actually see any of their game

So how did Rogers look overall? I don't care what his numbers were, more concerned with how he looked, and how invoved he seemed to be.

Was he running routes where he was a first or second option a lot of the time? Was he a check down a lot of the time?

I didn;t get a chance to actually see any of their game
There was some blabber by the announcers about him not `running the routes correctly. Pretty sure that A. they have no idea what the route should be and B. Only say that because they heard that from his time in Buffalo. I put zero stock in their opinions. He got 6 targets in a game that was over at halftime. I think Luck threw a handful of passes after the half. He did have a bad drop on the 1st pass throw his was. Same route he took 69 yards last week I believe. Hilton got twice as many targets. I would guess that Rogers took coverage away from him that DHB could not.

Anyone think Rogers can do something against the Chiefs? He will most likely be matched up against Cooper who has been getting torched all year long. I think he is in store for a decent game. 6 or 7 catches for 70 to 80 yds and a TD. The Chiefs have given up quite a few TD's to secondary WR's thanks to Cooper.

Anyone think Rogers can do something against the Chiefs? He will most likely be matched up against Cooper who has been getting torched all year long. I think he is in store for a decent game. 6 or 7 catches for 70 to 80 yds and a TD. The Chiefs have given up quite a few TD's to secondary WR's thanks to Cooper.
They've actually scaled back on Cooper's snaps the past few games. He's playing outside in the nickle / dime for about 41% of the total snaps the past 2 weeks. Rogers will see a lot of Smith too. Smith is pretty physical so I'll be stoked to see the matchup.

Users who are viewing this thread