What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will be the 2014 FF "Comeback player of the year"? (1 Viewer)

I'll vote for Richardson.

Going a little deeper, if Santonio Holmes can stay healthy and focused (two very big ifs), he could have some value. He has become a forgotten man after these past two seasons. He's still in his athletic prime though and he certainly has the talent to put up top 20 WR numbers. The thing with him is that he always seems to find a way to disappoint. Either through injuries or a lack of effort. But he'll probably be cut from the Jets this offseason and if somebody like the Colts, Packers, Patriots, or Saints grabs him it could get very interesting.
:o Never would have expected that.

I'll vote for Richardson.

Going a little deeper, if Santonio Holmes can stay healthy and focused (two very big ifs), he could have some value. He has become a forgotten man after these past two seasons. He's still in his athletic prime though and he certainly has the talent to put up top 20 WR numbers. The thing with him is that he always seems to find a way to disappoint. Either through injuries or a lack of effort. But he'll probably be cut from the Jets this offseason and if somebody like the Colts, Packers, Patriots, or Saints grabs him it could get very interesting.
:o Never would have expected that.
:lmao: But he was a high draft pick!

I personally would be in the group that would not include elite players who were playing well until injuries sidelined them. If the season never got off the ground due to injury, I conversely would include them.

Making my list of comeback players in no particular order:

• Santonio Holmes - provided Jets find a halfway decent qb
  • Foster - I would consider a top-10 finish enough to be "comeback player" worthy
  • Reggie Wayne gets one last hurrah (Ty flourishes as well)
  • Luck outdoes his rookie year
  • Vince Jackson becomes more consistent thanks to more experience for his qb
  • Blackmon assuming he gets reinstated - I drafted him this year, I'll draft him again
  • I like the Maclin call
  • The Big in New Orleans - either Colston or his replacement Toon
  • I like Fitz for a bit of a revival even he is lucky to finish top-10
And the QBs

• Roethlisburger - especially if Pittsburgh finds a new OC
  • RGIII finally healthy. The one concern I have is him seeming to refuse to accept blame this year. Always worries me.
  • Eli
  • Luck - betters both his rookie and 2nd year
  • Brady
  • Matt Ryan
  • Coep

Last edited by a moderator:
Ghost Rider said:
shadyridr said:
Whos this years?
Gotta be DeSean Jackson. Rivers and Fred Jackson both had nice bounce back years as well.
Rivers. He burned us in 2012 and everyone expected more of the same in 2013. But he seriously outperformed his 2013 fantasy expectations and got a lot of lucky teams into the playoffs.

I am thinking that there is a lot of value to be found next year in this "comeback" bin of players. Was an odd year.

It seems we have moaned and groaned more than usual this year about big expectations gone wrong with name players

(Crabtree/Harvin/TRICH/Spiller/Foster/Martin/Rice...well, any RB not named CHarles, Adp, McCoy, and Forte really) and the list goes on and on..

Who will be the fantasy comeback player fo the year next year?

I am thinking one of the most overlooked guys will be Foster because of his age and those compound injuries that hit after there was so much speculation of wear and tear. I think he will be overlooked because of that and because the Texans will probably look different and have ??s.

But Foster, with a year off basically and all patched up might show a pretty good resurgence. He was always at his best when he was written off so he is my pick.

Which players do you guys think?
I just read your pre-2013 fantasy season "bold predictions"

You stated that you were absolutely sure Arian Foster would prove everyone wrong and be a top RB in 2013.

Now you're predicting him to be the 2014 comeback player of the year.

Why should we take your predictions seriously?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread