What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why hasn't Randy Moss signed? (1 Viewer)

NBusiness

Footballguy
This Randy moss signing that was so imminent? I thought he's in rhode island and it's after week 1 so his contract isn't guaranteed and ocho likes that sideline and who the hell is slater? I know there's two other threads I didn't feel like digging I'm at work. Anybody know the deal or have any thoughts?

Never was physical or a great route runner. He's a one trick pony and his speed isn't great anymore so now he's a no trick pony...

because he is holding out for a multi year deal. Doesnt want to play for ungarunteed monies

Because he sucked for three separate teams last year. At some point, people realize a guy is washed up. He was a one trick pony and that trick has been effected by age.

I do not buy for 1 second that he is washed up. What I do believe is that his skills have declined enough to where no one is willing to put up with his attitude anymore though.

At one time there were only 1 or 2 WR's that could do what he could, now there are 30. Why deal with it?

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not buy for 1 second that he is washed up. What I do believe is that his skills have declined enough to where no one is willing to put up with his attitude anymore though.

At one time there were only 1 or 2 WR's that could do what he could, now there are 30. Why deal with it?
30??? haha no way... maybe 5...but i definitely agree that the problem is teams do not want any kind of "drama queen".. they do not want Randy Moss up on the podium sitting there talking about how upset he is "with his own team"...

of course we can all hope that Randy has learned his lesson because of the lack of interest in him this year... but we would probably all be mistaken lol

Has been with no heart.
Who was the the #2 fantasy WR in 2009. And the #1 in 2007. Some of us are making a calculated bet that if he comes back to the Pats this year, he will be a difference maker. I'm gonna give this guy one more week and then it's punt time.

Who was the the #2 fantasy WR in 2009. And the #1 in 2007. Some of us are making a calculated bet that if he comes back to the Pats this year, he will be a difference maker. I'm gonna give this guy one more week and then it's punt time.
Good point... maybe I should pick up Tiki Barber. He was really good a couple of years ago too.

Maybe because he retired?

Maybe because their record since getting rid of him is 12-1?

Maybe because they've put up 30+ points 9 times since getting rid of him?

Maybe because they don't really need him because without him they're a more balanced team?

They need to solve the issue of the Jets, but the lack of Moss is not why they lost that playoff game last year.

If he would play for the minimum he would be playing now somewhere - he wants to play on a winner and get decent money -- none of the contenders want to pay for him.. Only team he would play for the minimum is NE and they don't want him

Truth?

He wanted a 3 year deal, but the Pats would only give him 1. He didn't want to play for any other team, and it became apparent that the Pats weren't going to bend, so he called it quits.

Is there even a whisper about this anymore or should he be dropped in all leagues? I'm hurting at WR (Colston out, Collie no qb, etc..) and would hold for another week if there's upside but am getting an itchy trigger finger.

B/c he's 33 and he doesn't know who's making the playoffs/superbowl any more than we do. He's gonna ride it out until at least 5-6 games pass by. Unless a big time team gets some significant injuries and throws a boatload of cash at him.

Truth? He wanted a 3 year deal, but the Pats would only give him 1. He didn't want to play for any other team, and it became apparent that the Pats weren't going to bend, so he called it quits.
I could totally see the Jets signing him if santonio homes goeson IR for some nice pats/jets playoff drama (and because you know Moss would love to show the pats what he can do etc).and :lmao: at all the haters saying 'he's in jerry rice/tiki barber zone'. How many guys burned Revis deep last year?

Truth? He wanted a 3 year deal, but the Pats would only give him 1. He didn't want to play for any other team, and it became apparent that the Pats weren't going to bend, so he called it quits.
I could totally see the Jets signing him if santonio homes goeson IR for some nice pats/jets playoff drama (and because you know Moss would love to show the pats what he can do etc).and :lmao: at all the haters saying 'he's in jerry rice/tiki barber zone'. How many guys burned Revis deep last year?
I'm just spit ballin' here, but you may have missed the epic way Randy finished out his career last year.

Because it's still too early in the season for teams to know what they have in regards to actual game time talent at the WR position; it's too early for a number of WR injuries to start piling up; and it's way too early to know whether or not a team is on the bubble of making the playoffs. When those issues become clearer, Moss' value will change accordingly.

RANDY MOSS ON RETURN TO GILLETTE: ‘NO, I’M DONE’

There has been speculation lately that Randy Moss has been hoping for a return to the Patriots, despite his recent decision to retire. The controversial receiver has spoken fondly about his former coach and teammates since his departure from Foxboro a year ago.

Moss was back in the area Thursday, playing a round of golf at Bungay Brook Golf Club in Bellingham, when Dennis & Callahan producer Ian Meropol and WAAF morning show co-host Lyndon Byers caught up with him in the parking lot.

Meropol asked: “Any chance we’ll see you in Gillette, Randy?” Replied Moss: “No, I’m done.”

Added Moss: “I’m just here golfing, minding my business.”

09.16.11 at 8:15 am ET

Randy Moss is going to be like Barry Sanders, where somebody in every league is going to draft him or put him on the end of their fantasy bench for the next few years. Would be astounded if he signed with a team this season and produced in any way. If he could just show up and kick butt anywhere anytime, his results in Minnesota and Tennessee last season would've been a lot better. Not buying the "he's gotta be motivated!" angle.

Show me first, and I'll believe second.

Good point... maybe I should pick up Tiki Barber. He was really good a couple of years ago too.
I'm not saying this in support of picking up Moss but that is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen.

Randy Moss is going to be like Barry Sanders, where somebody in every league is going to draft him or put him on the end of their fantasy bench for the next few years. Would be astounded if he signed with a team this season and produced in any way. If he could just show up and kick butt anywhere anytime, his results in Minnesota and Tennessee last season would've been a lot better. Not buying the "he's gotta be motivated!" angle.

Show me first, and I'll believe second.
I think he's done, but I disagree with this rationale. Moss didn't want to play for Minnesota or Tennessee. He wanted a contract extension from New England. I think he regretted leaving the Patriots before he ever put on purple.Moss wasn't motivated in Oakland, but showed he could dominate when motivated. Now that he's older, substitute "dominate" with "produce." His problem is the team he wants to play for doesn't need him. I think he was somehow hoping the Patriots would sputter with Ochocinco. Turns out they didn't need him, either. That's why Moss knows he's done.

Looks like he's done.........or is he?

Randy Moss told a New England radio producer that he's "done" when asked if there was any chance he'd return to play in Gillette Stadium this season.

Moss was approached in the parking lot and probably just gave the answer that would allow him to make the quickest getaway. We're more inclined to believe previous reports that he would return "if the right opportunity presented itself." It's fair to question whether that opportunity will come.

http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/213041/randy-moss-on-possible-return-no-im-done

Users who are viewing this thread