What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Why KC Should Go After Vick and Reid...... (1 Viewer)

Already a lot of rumors that many teams are interested in Alex Smith. He'd be going onto his 8th coordinator whereever he ends up outside of SF. That's an awfully big part of a career with nothing significant to show for it or having earned any coaches confidence. You look at the QB's in the playoffs this year. 6 of the 12 QB's are either rookies or 2nd year QB's. There was a time when QB's needed to be groomed and earn their stripes before they could ascend to playoff caliber ready QB status. That's a thing of the past. I highly doubt the Reid will go the recycle route when he sits at the top of the draft board. When the draft fever hits in April, he's going to pull the trigger on a franchise QB. It's just how it's done these days.
who are the "franchise" QB's in this draft...?

I can see Andy doing two things:1) Signing either Alex Smith
Smith seems like such a perfect fit.
I don't see how. Smith has been successful in an attack that masks passing plays well and leans more heavily on the run game and a stout defense. He's failed in everything else thrown at him. Reid's pass heavy attack screams misfit imho.
Andy has won with the likes of Jeff Garcia, A.J. Feeley and Koy Detmer. Smith finished this year with a 100+ passer rating, has a strong arm, knows Reid's offense, and is mobile. No reason he can't hold down the fort while Reid's young protege learns the ropes.
I'm putting a lot of the high QB rating on Harbaugh's scheme masking Smith's deficiencies. Not saying Reid can't do the same because he has with other flawed QB's before, just saying like those from the past he's not the answer - he's a bridge at best.Curious what the org structure looks like if this comes to fruition because as Andy got more and more power in Philly his teams got worse and worse. If he's given a lot of power again I question whether this is successful like his early Philly teams when he didn't have much power, at least front office and personnel wise anyway. I'd be wary his next stop ends up more like the Holmgren led Browns than the Vermeil led Chiefs.

Already a lot of rumors that many teams are interested in Alex Smith. He'd be going onto his 8th coordinator whereever he ends up outside of SF. That's an awfully big part of a career with nothing significant to show for it or having earned any coaches confidence. You look at the QB's in the playoffs this year. 6 of the 12 QB's are either rookies or 2nd year QB's. There was a time when QB's needed to be groomed and earn their stripes before they could ascend to playoff caliber ready QB status. That's a thing of the past. I highly doubt the Reid will go the recycle route when he sits at the top of the draft board. When the draft fever hits in April, he's going to pull the trigger on a franchise QB. It's just how it's done these days.
A lot of them could be, but all of them have flaws, need the right system around them. I think the ones most likely to pan out are Geno and Tahj, younger and more likely to be the guy for the next decade than anyone available in free agency/trade.

SF thought Alex Smith was once...After they work-out combined with the need (everyone in the top 3 needs one) one will jump into that category, IMHO.

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the $64K question isn't it? I suspect the combine and pro days will separate the wheat from the chaff.
exactly...thats the problem....it is the question....but I disagree with the second part.....we didn't need the combine or pro days to tell us about Luck or RGIII....so it's a crap shoot.....a crap shoot I don't want any part of when we finally get the first pick....hitting on the next Tom Brady later in the draft is a huge gamble as well....take the tackle (Joeckel)....lock up the line....we may lose Albert....probably going to lose Bowe....we need to go BPA...maybe look to trade back up and take a QB later....maybe snag a couple of them...

Looks like Charles owners won't have to worry that he won't catch passes going forward. Could be a PPR monster with even a poorish QB (as opposed to an awful QB).

that's the $64K question isn't it? I suspect the combine and pro days will separate the wheat from the chaff.
exactly...thats the problem....it is the question....but I disagree with the second part.....we didn't need the combine or pro days to tell us about Luck or RGIII....so it's a crap shoot.....a crap shoot I don't want any part of when we finally get the first pick....hitting on the next Tom Brady later in the draft is a huge gamble as well....take the tackle (Joeckel)....lock up the line....we may lose Albert....probably going to lose Bowe....we need to go BPA...maybe look to trade back up and take a QB later....maybe snag a couple of them...
As a Raider fan watching us sit at #3, you read my mind. I'm also hoping there is a bidding war to move up and trade back and pick up some needed picks. Both KC and OAK need infusions of talent, but I could argue that KC is a franchise QB away (along with the coaching change) from instantly become competitive again. Oakland doesn't need a QB as badly, but does need to rebuild both lines. But I really think you have no choice but to take the gamble at the top of the board and hope it pays off. Another solid piece to the line and a mediocre journeyman QB will have you picking at the top of the board in '14. No guts no glory, and I'm not being sarastic here totally sincere.. even with the horrific failure of the Jamarcus Russell era.

I can see Andy doing two things:1) Signing either Alex Smith
is he really THAT much better then Cassel or Quinn...?..as a KC fan...a Smith signing, while a slight upgrade to what we have now, really would have the feel of us just recycling other teams QB's like we have in the past...I realize the same could be said for Vick, but at least he comes with a little sizzle and can give KC maybe a few of those WOW moments at QB....we haven't had that in a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.....even if it blows up in our face, it might be fun to watch for awhile.....Vick still makes other teams really gameplan against him...to me Cassel, Quinn, Smith, Grbac, etc are interchangeable....very vanilla and not something I want to get bored watching again....man...I don't know...I guess if Geno is the real deal...let's just do that and go with it....maybe take BPA with the #1 and then trade up again into the first for Geno or something....
As an Eagles fan, I would MUCH rather have rookie + Smith than rookie + Vick. And yes, Smith is demonstrably better than either Cassel or Quinn.

Curious what the org structure looks like if this comes to fruition because as Andy got more and more power in Philly his teams got worse and worse. If he's given a lot of power again I question whether this is successful like his early Philly teams when he didn't have much power, at least front office and personnel wise anyway. I'd be wary his next stop ends up more like the Holmgren led Browns than the Vermeil led Chiefs.
Hard to say on this.The scuttlebutt is that Joe Banner (and Howie Roseman) made a bit of a power play during Reid's leave of absence in 09 and took more control of the team. The FA frenzy was largely led by them and the drafts in 10 and 11 certainly seemed to be Roseman's deal publicly at the time, despite what Lurie may say now. Then Roseman flipped on Banner and Banner got forced out.It may be some stuff put out there by Reid's camp, but it makes sense to me with the way that events have unfolded.Nonetheless, I would imagine that Reid will stay focused on the on-field operations, at least at the beginning, as it is certainly true that his most success came during that same initial period with the Eagles.

Curious what the org structure looks like if this comes to fruition because as Andy got more and more power in Philly his teams got worse and worse. If he's given a lot of power again I question whether this is successful like his early Philly teams when he didn't have much power, at least front office and personnel wise anyway. I'd be wary his next stop ends up more like the Holmgren led Browns than the Vermeil led Chiefs.
Hard to say on this.The scuttlebutt is that Joe Banner (and Howie Roseman) made a bit of a power play during Reid's leave of absence in 09 and took more control of the team. The FA frenzy was largely led by them and the drafts in 10 and 11 certainly seemed to be Roseman's deal publicly at the time, despite what Lurie may say now. Then Roseman flipped on Banner and Banner got forced out.It may be some stuff put out there by Reid's camp, but it makes sense to me with the way that events have unfolded.Nonetheless, I would imagine that Reid will stay focused on the on-field operations, at least at the beginning, as it is certainly true that his most success came during that same initial period with the Eagles.
Agreed. Lots of reports said that Andy took control of the draft again this year after losing total say in the prior years.

If Reid signs with KC (or anybody for that matter) there is less than 1 percent chance that Vick goes anywhere with him. Unless one of them has a flat on the interstate going out of Philly and happens to catch a ride.

AR knows that Vick was a one year, lightning in a bottle. He doesn't have the intelligence to QB a football team, and now his biggest assets (speed and arm strength) are diminishing.

He was a great story for a guy turning his life around though. :thumbup:

Hard to say on this.The scuttlebutt is that Joe Banner (and Howie Roseman) made a bit of a power play during Reid's leave of absence in 09 and took more control of the team. The FA frenzy was largely led by them and the drafts in 10 and 11 certainly seemed to be Roseman's deal publicly at the time, despite what Lurie may say now. Then Roseman flipped on Banner and Banner got forced out.

It may be some stuff put out there by Reid's camp, but it makes sense to me with the way that events have unfolded.

Nonetheless, I would imagine that Reid will stay focused on the on-field operations, at least at the beginning, as it is certainly true that his most success came during that same initial period with the Eagles.
If you believe the info from Deranged Hermit, every move was given the blessing of Andy - or it didn't happen. FA or draft.

If Reid signs with KC (or anybody for that matter) there is less than 1 percent chance that Vick goes anywhere with him. Unless one of them has a flat on the interstate going out of Philly and happens to catch a ride. AR knows that Vick was a one year, lightning in a bottle. He doesn't have the intelligence to QB a football team, and now his biggest assets (speed and arm strength) are diminishing. He was a great story for a guy turning his life around though. :thumbup:
G-King! We miss you over in the Eagles threads. How is your boy handling the turmoil in Arizona?

If Reid signs with KC (or anybody for that matter) there is less than 1 percent chance that Vick goes anywhere with him. Unless one of them has a flat on the interstate going out of Philly and happens to catch a ride. AR knows that Vick was a one year, lightning in a bottle. He doesn't have the intelligence to QB a football team, and now his biggest assets (speed and arm strength) are diminishing. He was a great story for a guy turning his life around though. :thumbup:
:thumbup: You have any insight on the whole power struggle (especially with the drafts)? Sorry if I've forgotten anything you've said in the past.Any chance of Reid getting back KK?

Hard to say on this.The scuttlebutt is that Joe Banner (and Howie Roseman) made a bit of a power play during Reid's leave of absence in 09 and took more control of the team. The FA frenzy was largely led by them and the drafts in 10 and 11 certainly seemed to be Roseman's deal publicly at the time, despite what Lurie may say now. Then Roseman flipped on Banner and Banner got forced out.

It may be some stuff put out there by Reid's camp, but it makes sense to me with the way that events have unfolded.

Nonetheless, I would imagine that Reid will stay focused on the on-field operations, at least at the beginning, as it is certainly true that his most success came during that same initial period with the Eagles.
If you believe the info from Deranged Hermit, every move was given the blessing of Andy - or it didn't happen. FA or draft.
Yeah, I know, I was thinking about that as I posted and asked a clarifying question over there. Not sure what to believe.

I agree with the OP - not a believer in Geno Smith especially as the #1 pick. I believe the best strategy is to sign a free agent QB and look for development QB later in the draft. Maybe they will get lucky ie Russel Wilson

Yeah, I know, I was thinking about that as I posted and asked a clarifying question over there. Not sure what to believe.
In my mind its kind of simple. If those drafts had been Howie he would be gone too. There's nothing tying us to him at all. Those who were responsible were shown the door.

I agree with the OP - not a believer in Geno Smith especially as the #1 pick. I believe the best strategy is to sign a free agent QB and look for development QB later in the draft. Maybe they will get lucky ie Russel Wilson
Tim McManus reporting that McNabb will be on KC with Reid. Those going will be Doug Peterson, Shurmer (unsure of role), whoever our WR coach was this year (name escapes me) and possible Childress.

I can see Andy doing two things:

1) Signing either Alex Smith
is he really THAT much better then Cassel or Quinn...?..as a KC fan...a Smith signing, while a slight upgrade to what we have now, really would have the feel of us just recycling other teams QB's like we have in the past...I realize the same could be said for Vick, but at least he comes with a little sizzle and can give KC maybe a few of those WOW moments at QB....we haven't had that in a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.....even if it blows up in our face, it might be fun to watch for awhile.....Vick still makes other teams really gameplan against him...to me Cassel, Quinn, Smith, Grbac, etc are interchangeable....very vanilla and not something I want to get bored watching again....

man...I don't know...I guess if Geno is the real deal...let's just do that and go with it....maybe take BPA with the #1 and then trade up again into the first for Geno or something....
As an Eagles fan, I would MUCH rather have rookie + Smith than rookie + Vick. And yes, Smith is demonstrably better than either Cassel or Quinn.
you really think so Jason....putting w/l records aside since so many other things go into that....you really think Smith's skillset is that much better than those guys.....not saying it wouldn't be a slight upgrade, but I don't think the bump is that huge...and just to add.....KC really can't afford to have this pick "develop" on the bench for awhile....round 1 needs to be plug and play...even if at another position....

if they take a QB at #1 he needs to start and take that money we would spend on Smith and spend it elsewhere...

I can see Andy doing two things:

1) Signing either Alex Smith
is he really THAT much better then Cassel or Quinn...?..as a KC fan...a Smith signing, while a slight upgrade to what we have now, really would have the feel of us just recycling other teams QB's like we have in the past...I realize the same could be said for Vick, but at least he comes with a little sizzle and can give KC maybe a few of those WOW moments at QB....we haven't had that in a very LOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time.....even if it blows up in our face, it might be fun to watch for awhile.....Vick still makes other teams really gameplan against him...to me Cassel, Quinn, Smith, Grbac, etc are interchangeable....very vanilla and not something I want to get bored watching again....

man...I don't know...I guess if Geno is the real deal...let's just do that and go with it....maybe take BPA with the #1 and then trade up again into the first for Geno or something....
you really think so Jason....putting w/l records aside since so many other things go into that....you really think Smith's skillset is that much better than those guys.....not saying it wouldn't be a slight upgrade, but I don't think the bump is that huge...and just to add.....KC really can't afford to have this pick "develop" on the bench for awhile....round 1 needs to be plug and play...even if at another position....

if they take a QB at #1 he needs to start and take that money we would spend on Smith and spend it elsewhere...
Just because RGIII, Luck and Wilson took their teams to playoffs doesn't mean a team HAS to plug and play a 1st round QB. The 49ers looked woeful when Harbaugh took over, but he drafted Colin K and kept him squarely on the bench until he felt he was ready. In any event, I think Andy will decide quickly if there's a QB he really likes. I HIGHLY doubt it's someone like Barkley though.

Just because RGIII, Luck and Wilson took their teams to playoffs doesn't mean a team HAS to plug and play a 1st round QB. The 49ers looked woeful when Harbaugh took over, but he drafted Colin K and kept him squarely on the bench until he felt he was ready. In any event, I think Andy will decide quickly if there's a QB he really likes. I HIGHLY doubt it's someone like Barkley though.
my reasoning isn't because of the success of those other QB's...it's because of needs elsewhere...specifically tackle if they lose Albertif Smith is in the equation....fine...bring him in but still take the tackle with #1 and then one of the QB's later....

In my mind its kind of simple. If those drafts had been Howie he would be gone too. There's nothing tying us to him at all. Those who were responsible were shown the door.
If you pay attention at all to the team, Howie was clearly heavily involved in the FA and draft decisions. You think that he was the GM but had no responsibility for any of the personnel decisions? But he is Lurie's guy, for whatever reason, so he stays.

If you pay attention at all to the team, Howie was clearly heavily involved in the FA and draft decisions. You think that he was the GM but had no responsibility for any of the personnel decisions? But he is Lurie's guy, for whatever reason, so he stays.
I think he was a GM with one guy over him (Banner) and another (Reid) with the final say. That's not your typical GM.

ETA--

In fact, they just alluded to what I said on 97.5. Said he had too many people over him with Banner and Reid. He could only be so involved and heavily wasn't it.

McManus and Sal Pal said if he was heavily involved he wouldn't be here.

I think he was a GM with one guy over him (Banner) and another (Reid) with the final say. That's not your typical GM.

ETA--

In fact, they just alluded to what I said on 97.5. Said he had too many people over him with Banner and Reid. He could only be so involved and heavily wasn't it.

McManus and Sal Pal said if he was heavily involved he wouldn't be here.
I seriously would never put any faith in anything that Sal Pal has to say.I certainly hope that Roseman can do the job. I guess that the way everything has gone over the past few years, I feel like Roseman has weaseled his way into power. Didinger and Mike Lombardi have both commented that it is very strange that a GM and an owner would be so close (for instance, sitting in the box together during the game). Lurie seems to be going out of his way to pump up Roseman. And Roseman loved Graham and Allen (at least). If he really did not control the 2010 and 2011 drafts and did control the 2012 draft, then we are in a good situation.

It just seems to me that Roseman is a little too much of a politician and spin doctor, so I guess that's why I have a hard time putting my trust in him.

3. Vick has ability to put up top 5 QB numbers, something KC has never seen.
Uh, let's fact-check this. Years KC has had a passer around the Top 5 Mark in Passing Yardage (leader for the year)

2005 - Trent Green was 2nd (Brady)

2004 - Trent Green was 2nd (Culpepper)

2001 - Trent Green was 6th (Warner)

2000 - Elvis Grbac was 3rd (Peyton Manning)

1983 - Bill Kenny was 2nd (Lynn Dickey)

1979 - Steve DeBerg was 5th (Dan Fouts)

1976 - Mike Livingston was 6th (Bert Jones)

1971 - Len Dawson was 4th (John Hadl)

1968 - Len Dawson was 5th (Hadl) - AFL

1967 - Len Dawson was 4th (Namath) - AFL

1966 - Len Dawson was 5th (Namath) - AFL

1965 - Len Dawson was 5th (Hadl) - AFL

1964 - Len Dawson was 4th (Parilli) - AFL

1963 - Len Dawson was 4th (Blanda) - AFL

1962 - Len Dawson was 4th (Tripucka) - AFL

Plus these years that were in the top 10:

2002 - Green was top 10

1999 - Grbac was top 10

1994 - Montanta was top 10

1992 - Dave Krieg was top 10

1990 - Steve DeBerg was top 10

1969 - Dawson and Livingston were BOTH top 10 - AFL

and Here are the years that Vick was a Top 5 passer:

zero

3. Vick has ability to put up top 5 QB numbers, something KC has never seen.
Uh, let's fact-check this. Years KC has had a passer around the Top 5 Mark in Passing Yardage (leader for the year)

2005 - Trent Green was 2nd (Brady)

2004 - Trent Green was 2nd (Culpepper)

2001 - Trent Green was 6th (Warner)

2000 - Elvis Grbac was 3rd (Peyton Manning)

1983 - Bill Kenny was 2nd (Lynn Dickey)

1979 - Steve DeBerg was 5th (Dan Fouts)

1976 - Mike Livingston was 6th (Bert Jones)

1971 - Len Dawson was 4th (John Hadl)

1968 - Len Dawson was 5th (Hadl) - AFL

1967 - Len Dawson was 4th (Namath) - AFL

1966 - Len Dawson was 5th (Namath) - AFL

1965 - Len Dawson was 5th (Hadl) - AFL

1964 - Len Dawson was 4th (Parilli) - AFL

1963 - Len Dawson was 4th (Blanda) - AFL

1962 - Len Dawson was 4th (Tripucka) - AFL

Plus these years that were in the top 10:

2002 - Green was top 10

1999 - Grbac was top 10

1994 - Montanta was top 10

1992 - Dave Krieg was top 10

1990 - Steve DeBerg was top 10

1969 - Dawson and Livingston were BOTH top 10 - AFL

and Here are the years that Vick was a Top 5 passer:

zero
was really kinda just referring to a top 5 fantasy type season in recent years....not just "passing yards"....rushing and TD's etc....but your point is noted....even so, it's been awhile since the Trent Green era and KC really hasn't been known as a QB haven...lot of retreads including Green...

Really, what is the deal with KC anyway? Always seem to go after everybody's sloppy seconds and it never works out: Shotty, Vermeil, Edwards, Pioli/Crennel/Weis, now Reid. Even Joe Montana

Get a new dynamic plan, man.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Donnybrook said:
Tim McManus reporting that McNabb will be on KC with Reid. Those going will be Doug Peterson, Shurmer (unsure of role), whoever our WR coach was this year (name escapes me) and possible Childress.
Seriously McNabb? At what coaching position?

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Donnybrook said:
QB. Anthony Gargano was saying the same thing today, though I have no idea what the source is on this. Gargano said that Shurmur would be OC and Childress QB coach. Not sure where Peterson fits in, but I think that he was mentioned.Lurie apparently said initially that Andy could take anyone from his staff other than Duce Staley and Rick Burkholder. Then eventually relented on Burkholder.

Reading that KC is interested in the Packer's John Dorsey. I have always wonder how much of Ted Thompson draft success could be attributed to John Dorsey when he was the director of scouting.

'Bigboy10182000 said:
'Donnybrook said:
QB. Anthony Gargano was saying the same thing today, though I have no idea what the source is on this. Gargano said that Shurmur would be OC and Childress QB coach. Not sure where Peterson fits in, but I think that he was mentioned.

Lurie apparently said initially that Andy could take anyone from his staff other than Duce Staley and Rick Burkholder. Then eventually relented on Burkholder.
Got to be some sort of Joke?

Could Vick with Reid and that defense and Charles go 10 - 6 next year and get a wild card? Maybe they did it a couple of years ago when all the stars aligned with their easy schedule and all, but these moves would be like putting on a band aid over the wound after you got shot.

If Kansas City wants to actually compete for Super Bowls, they need to tank it again this year and land a stud quarterback in 2014, if they are really savvy and they get the first pick they could actually trade down if there are actually 2 or 3 quarterbacks that look like franchise guys and take the one that is left.

My plan would be to offer a 2nd or two 3rds and try to get Kirk Cousins from the Skins. Give him next year to show you something and if he doesn't draft the quarterback next year. This way you have 2 chances of getting that franchise quarterback and maybe being an actual contender in 2015.

Anything short of these two things and they might as well blow it up and trade Charles now and get what they can for him and others, because by 2015 or later he and several others will be on the severe decline.

Would like to see them bring in Josh Johnson and Thad Lewis (He's a RFA though) I may be crazy, but I love what I've seen from both in limited action. Many people point to Johnson's rookies struggles, but he was too raw and had no business starting at that time. He looked good in his 2011 start. Made a bad choice signing with San Fran. Both well versed in WCO.

4. RB is the strength of this team (Charles, Draughn, and yes even Hillis). Need to be dangerous elsewhere.
Why would you want Andy Reid if this is the case? Andy Reid could have Barry Sanders, Walter Payton and Jim Brown as his RBs and he's still throw the ball 50 times a game.
thats the point....we got whatever running game he would implement covered....we need to catch up to the big boys in the passing game....running game is the strength of KC....but when it is ALL you have, it just isn't very successful....I have watched every play of every game this year...KC's defense allowed them to hang with some of the traditional "big boys"....PIT, BAL, and now DEN with Manning....heck they even played ok for a half against ATL...they have thrown up some stinkers in there as well when they got down quick and were blown out....but overall, I really think this team could win NOW if they had a couple more pieces (QB and a different coach)....and Bowe staying....maybe Reid isn't the answer right now cause they might need a more high energy, passionate guy....Reid maybe can't do that right now....I like the idea of taking one of Denver's coaches....maybe McCoy or Del Rio...
Now imagine that defense with Juan Castillo running it.

Per KFFL:

Chiefs | Andy Reid reaches agreement Fri, 04 Jan 2013 08:06:01 -0800 The Kansas City Chiefs have agreed to a contract with Andy Reid to be their next head coach. Lawyers are reviewing the contract before it becomes official.

I'm thinking Heckert will be the GM, Shurmer the OC, Juan the OL Coach, Culley WR coach, Peterson as QB coach and Jauron as the DC?

McNabb as the "starter" and Smith (Geno) will take over by week 5.

Cleveland cast off's worked so well in KC last year too.
Like I said above, KC does seem to have a fetish with this thing, but you would certainly have to admit that Heckert did a nice job with the last couple of drafts, no?
I think Reid's downfall in Philly centered around too much power and stubbornness for his old ways and unwillingness to adjust. Surrounding him by all of his old cronies isn't going to fix either problem, it will just continue.Most Cleveland fans disagree with me, but I think Heckert is a good director of player personnel...but not a good GM. He has an eye for talent, but he does not know how to build a roster that can win on the field. He needs to take his scouting eye and bring it to a stronger decision maker that knows how to build a team. He's not ready to be the decision maker yet.Shurmur and Chilly working together again? Heh heh, good luck.

I'm thinking Heckert will be the GM, Shurmer the OC, Juan the OL Coach, Culley WR coach, Peterson as QB coach and Jauron as the DC?McNabb as the "starter" and Smith (Geno) will take over by week 5.
The "love" Andy had for McNabb in the media as he was letting him go in Philly, was all a smoke screen. No way the guy who Reid was glad to stick Washington with is going to be QB on an AR coached team. I don't know how much you followed the Eagles, but no one who followed what was up in that Eagles locker room could think that Donovan will ever be playing for Reid.But I do like your Heckert call. :thumbup:

was really kinda just referring to a top 5 fantasy type season in recent years....not just "passing yards"....rushing and TD's etc....but your point is noted....even so, it's been awhile since the Trent Green era and KC really hasn't been known as a QB haven...lot of retreads including Green...
Noted, I really was just busting your chops on the over-statement that KC has never seen a top 5 QB.Agree that KC for whatever reason has taken the recycled QB theory to extremes. Your suggestion that they drag Vick in to compete for the starting job is just more of the same, however. There is so much unwarranted love for Vick in the fantasy community, it's crazy. I doubt that NFL front office personnel and scouts drool the same way when they hear the name that fantasy guys do. Vick is done. He'll be 33 when the pre-season starts next summer and he doesn't have the speed any longer to overcome his shortcomings in reading defenses and reacting. This coupled with his style of play would indicate that we've likely seen the last of a full 16 game season from Vick. Regardless, if the Reid to KC deal closes today, I don't see him trying to bring Vick with him.

My plan would be to offer a 2nd or two 3rds and try to get Kirk Cousins from the Skins. Give him next year to show you something and if he doesn't draft the quarterback next year. This way you have 2 chances of getting that franchise quarterback and maybe being an actual contender in 2015.
Won't happen. Last spring, Shanahan was a fool as labeled by many in the media for taking Cousins 2 rounds after drafting RG3. By December, he was again a genius as Cousins won the 'skins 2 games that they had to have to get into the post-season. You need 2 QB's in today's NFL, and teams with running QB's definitely need 2. The Redskins would not part with Couisins for a 2nd AND a 3rd in the '13 draft, much less one.

I'm thinking Heckert will be the GM, Shurmer the OC, Juan the OL Coach, Culley WR coach, Peterson as QB coach and Jauron as the DC?McNabb as the "starter" and Smith (Geno) will take over by week 5.
The "love" Andy had for McNabb in the media as he was letting him go in Philly, was all a smoke screen. No way the guy who Reid was glad to stick Washington with is going to be QB on an AR coached team. I don't know how much you followed the Eagles, but no one who followed what was up in that Eagles locker room could think that Donovan will ever be playing for Reid.But I do like your Heckert call. :thumbup:
Thanks for spoiling the fantasy, G-King...that would have been fun to watch! Donny out of moth balls to join with Andy one last time. Ah well, McNabb probably didn't want to restart his HOF clock anyway.

Won't happen. Last spring, Shanahan was a fool as labeled by many in the media for taking Cousins 2 rounds after drafting RG3. By December, he was again a genius as Cousins won the 'skins 2 games that they had to have to get into the post-season. You need 2 QB's in today's NFL, and teams with running QB's definitely need 2. The Redskins would not part with Couisins for a 2nd AND a 3rd in the '13 draft, much less one.
Truth be told, I'm not sure he'd part with Cousins for a pair of 2s or even a late 1. Why would he? He's got a GREAT insurance policy he's only paying ~$500k per year to for the next 3 years. Why not keep him for 2-3 years, and trade him then? Not much chance of him getting hurt on the bench....

Users who are viewing this thread