What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will Drew Brees throw for more than 5,000 yards again this season? (1 Viewer)

Seriously, what do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Noe

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
He throws for 4,989 yards....no way he makes 5,000.
How many people would find the extra $$$ for ADP and Brees today???
I wouldn't. It's not like Brees is going to throw for 360 yards and 6 TDs every week, or Peterson will run for 180 and 3. I'd be pissed if I spent more than a third of my budget on two players and they put up what will likely be their best week of the year in week 1 when you don't really need it.
The 6 TD's is an anomaly, but Brees averaged over 300 yards per game last year. If Brees throws for over 5,000 yards again and ups his TD total to near 40, he will be worth it. And if ADP can get 1800 rushing yards, get his TD total up to around 20, he will be worth it. The challenge is then finding those low-teir and mid-tier guys that step up.
Does not compute.

I can tell you to an absolute certainty how many yards he will pass for as soon as my magic future seeing slacks get back from the dry cleaners.

If he doesn't get hurt I don't see why he doesn't have a good chance. His WRs are as good as ever, maybe better (Meachem is improved and an upgrade and so is Shockey). The offense is the same. They still do not have a RB who can take over a game with his running.

He has as good of a chance as any to pull it off. If he does, HoF for sure for him.

4000 yards passing is difficult as-is. Being the guy to pull off two of the three 5000 yard passing seasons is absurd.

I think that they really want to run the ball more and keep their defense off the field. However, injuries to Thomas and a starting O-lineman (Brown?) have hampered their running game plans. I know that they ran for a ton on the Lions, but it was mostly after they had a lead and were throwing all over the field. We will see how they do against a solid defense and on the road this weekend. Last year they were not good on the road.

I voted no.

Users who are viewing this thread