What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS 2012: Back to the Future II - Draft and Season Thread (2 Viewers)

Miggy's Trouts want to congratulate their namesakes, Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout, on making the all-star team. They'll be joined by two unlikely all-stars: Josh Reddick (who I wasn't expecting all that much from when I got him) and Justin Masterson (who sucked in real life, but has been a monster in the sim...go figure).

"Yeah, maybe so" Matt Holliday's reaction to a reporters question about changing the team name. We Don't Have No Superstars has four All Stars in Jonathan Niese, David Hernandez, and Asdrubal Cabrera along with top MVP candidate in the AL. "I know there has been some pressure from the community to change the name since it isn't grammatically correct. Honestly, I didn't notice until I heard about the double negative thing. Oh wait, I think I get it. If we don't have no superstars that mean we do have superstars, right?." Good thing Mr. Holliday doesn't not hit the baseball.

'Brady Marino said:
Miggy's Trouts want to congratulate their namesakes, Miguel Cabrera and Mike Trout, on making the all-star team. They'll be joined by two unlikely all-stars: Josh Reddick (who I wasn't expecting all that much from when I got him) and Justin Masterson (who sucked in real life, but has been a monster in the sim...go figure).
as someone who just got beat by a Masterson gem, what the heck?

'Brady Marino said:
If there is a sim correction to be had, god help me.

'Brady Marino said:
Up until Ricky Nolasco's last 2 starts, he was top 5 in the Cy Young the entire season. Every part of his real life stats are completely awful. He is starting to crash now though and could get pulled from rotation the minute he cools off.

'Brady Marino said:
Up until Ricky Nolasco's last 2 starts, he was top 5 in the Cy Young the entire season. Every part of his real life stats are completely awful. He is starting to crash now though and could get pulled from rotation the minute he cools off.
Art imitates life. Nolasco is one of the most frustrating pitchers for fantasy owners. He can be in good form and have a favorable matchup and then he goes out and blows up in 2 1/3 IP. I'm glad he's a Marlin.

Losing 4 in a row, at home, after the ASB.

Guess my team forgot how to play baseball during the break.

#momentumstopped

what?

A.Kearns walks. The manager for has been ejected for kicking dirt on the umpire over the call. The bench coach is now running the team.
seriously? What's the difference?
Depends, who did you sign as your bench coach?Also, with the trade deadline approaching, all of the relievers are available:Pedro StropBurke BadenhopSteve CishekChris VolstadBrad BoxbergerI grossly miscalculated how much relief IP I would need, so yeah. Looking to improve wherever, I doubt many people need innings at this point but I thought I'd throw it out there.

I think I am going to shtick it up a bit and have someone play all 8 defensive positions.

Adam Kennedy, I'm looking at you.

Either that, or one game where every player plays out of position. I promise to do it against another cellar dweller as not to offend or affect the sanctity of the game.

All season I win two, lose three, win three, lose two, win two, lose two, win one, lose two, win two, lose one.

I've lost six straight now. :unsure:

looking to move Derek Holland for an equivalent RH SP. Just to balance out the rotation, which is lefty heavy right now.

'scoobus said:
'larry_boy_44 said:
what?

A.Kearns walks. The manager for has been ejected for kicking dirt on the umpire over the call. The bench coach is now running the team.
Depends, who did you sign as your bench coach?Also, with the trade deadline approaching, all of the relievers are available:Pedro StropBurke BadenhopSteve CishekChris VolstadBrad BoxbergerI grossly miscalculated how much relief IP I would need, so yeah. Looking to improve wherever, I doubt many people need innings at this point but I thought I'd throw it out there.
I could use some RP IPWhat are you looking for?

'scoobus said:
'larry_boy_44 said:
what?

I could use some RP IPWhat are you looking for?
check your PMs

trade offers sent through the WIS site to 6 teams. I've never been sure if WIS sends you a notification of a trade offer (don't think i've ever received one).

i would really like to trade for a righty SP with a salary around $4mm. Willing to offer Derek Holland (WIS salary of $3.6mm) + other pieces you might need. Holland has a real-life component ERA of 3.86. Would be excellent in a low-HR park.

Looking at pitchers like:

Fister

Samardzija

Arroyo

Anibal Sanchez

Homer Bailey

Tim Hudson

Kris Medlen

I have everyone at 100% fatigue, and plenty of pieces to choose from my roster, so can be creative in structuring a deal.

Still have several trade offers outstanding on the WIS site, but if something comes to mind, i'm all ears.

Last day to make any roster moves, get those guys from AAA activated.
This deadline is a #### for guys like me who shuffle players to and from AAA with great frequency, but oh well.
That killed me last year. I hope it helps me catch you this year. I haven't brought up a AAA player since the first month of games when a ton of runs scored tired out my offense.
LOOK AT ME!! MY TEAM IS SO GOOD MY PLAYERS GET FATIGUED FROM SCORING TOO MANY RUNS!!!!111!!1!oneonejuan!!1

This deadline is a #### for guys like me who shuffle players to and from AAA with great frequency, but oh well.
That killed me last year. I hope it helps me catch you this year. I haven't brought up a AAA player since the first month of games when a ton of runs scored tired out my offense.
LOOK AT ME!! MY TEAM IS SO GOOD MY PLAYERS GET FATIGUED FROM SCORING TOO MANY RUNS!!!!111!!1!oneonejuan!!1
Unfortunately, I have not had fatigue issues since the first month.

Agreed, that's why this last week I tried to exhaust the guys who I know will be stuck in AAA the rest of the season.
I just ran the gas tank empty on Brett Anderson, Brandon Beachy, and Andrew Miller in the last day or two.

Users who are viewing this thread