What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS 2012: Back to the Future II - Draft and Season Thread (2 Viewers)

The smoke and mirrors campaign is officially over now, our team isn't going to have a winning record.

That Franco team is ridiculous btw.

My team misses Beachy and Anderson already. The Master, son is my best pitcher with a 4.26 ERA. Correia and Hanson with ERAs over 6, Worley and McAllister with ERAs over 5. Bullpen has been mostly good, but Crow's and Boggs' arms are about to fall off.

I fully expect a lawsuit from my bullpen complaining of unsafe working conditions and potential career threatening usage. At the very least, I expect a strike in the last week of the season or so that will cause my pitchers to be overworked like Old Hoss Radbourn.

My team is imploding. Please end the season before I have a chance to fall completely out of the playoffs.

So, Mr. AL MVP and Rookie of the Century owner. We end the season with a four game series that will begin to sim on Christmas night. If we are still within a game or two entering that series, is there any chance we can simlive the deciding series Christmas night?
I'd say that is very possible. :thumbup:
:thumbup:
Code:
Team                            Record     GBMiggy's Trouts	                84-67		We Don't Need No Superstar	80-71	   4
:unsure:
Make your time, boub. I have absolutely nothing going on tomorrow. No mornings, please. I'll be hibernating.

What: 3 game set to determine the division.

Who: Me vs boubucarow.

Where: SimLeague Venue 1

When: 10 PM Central

Why (you should be there):

THANK YOU MASTERSON!

And because he has an arm made of rubber, he's at 100% again and will start the pivitol series finale for me!
You are a game up with 2 to go. I have my two best starters going in Lynn and Niese with everyone else in the bullpen.
Because of poor planning, I can't switch out Tommy Hanson for the noon game. But then again, anyone not named Masterson is generally a turd in my rotation. Brett Anderson and Brandon Beachy, how I miss thee.

I think I deserve some recognition for what I'm about to accomplish here.

No Coors, no Texas, etc.

Lead the league with a .810 OPS.

Lead the league with 308 HR (2nd place is 235).

Finish with 90 losses.

:nopitching:

Very well played series. My neglect to start Hanson in the second-to-last game nearly burned me, and by some miracle, the Masterson-McAllister-Crow pitching lineup that WIS threw out there for the last game was about as ideal of a pitching order that I wanted. My decision to banish Anderson and Beachy in the minors before the FREAKING STUPID transaction deadline will probably be my undoing in the playoffs, though.

Well, that sucked. Didnt realize it was going to reset to the #1 starter. I had my worst starter slotted because I have been playing musical chairs due to fatigue.

At least I was able to force a playoff game. :)

2 players in the top 5 for MVP (Braun 2nd; Jones 4th)

3 Silver Sluggers (Braun, Jones, Zimmerman)

1 Gold Glove (Jones)

100 losses.

:morenopitchingthanRnR:

Kinsler (755 PAs), Braun (710 PAs) and Zimmerman (689 PAs) never fell off 100 percent fatigue. :confused:

Code:
Most Valuable Player - ALRank	 Name	                Team1	'12 Miguel Cabrera	Miggys Trouts2	'12 Mike Trout	        Miggys Trouts
I present to you the only two reasons I'm in the playoffs. No gold gloves. No other Silver Sluggers. No pitchers even in sniffing distance of an award. But these two...they're kinda good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Code:
Most Valuable Player - ALRank	 Name	                Team1	'12 Miguel Cabrera	Miggys Trouts2	'12 Mike Trout	        Miggys Trouts
I present to you the only two reasons I'm in the playoffs. No gold gloves. No other Silver Sluggers. No pitchers even in sniffing distance of an award. But these two...they're kinda good.
i guess that settles the AL MVP debate.

'oso diablo said:
Kinsler (755 PAs), Braun (710 PAs) and Zimmerman (689 PAs) never fell off 100 percent fatigue. :confused:
Masterson was never lower than 97, and that was only after he pitched a game. I could have probably gone all Old Hoss with him.
it sure seems like there is more leeway now, esp with pitcher IPs.
not so much in the playoffs, though. one simple 9th inning from Kenley Jansen and he's at 91%.

'oso diablo said:
Masterson was never lower than 97, and that was only after he pitched a game. I could have probably gone all Old Hoss with him.
it sure seems like there is more leeway now, esp with pitcher IPs.
not so much in the playoffs, though. one simple 9th inning from Kenley Jansen and he's at 91%.
:goodposting: My bullpen is shot.

Justin Masterson's improbable dominance continues. Lord help me if I have to face him in game 5.
Well, he did have an ERA in the low 4's by the time the season ended, but thanks to him, I'm rocking the two-man rotation. Down to 90 after the last start, but he'll be back 100 for game 5. Old Hoss would be proud.

SWEEP!

Congrats Hoos, My offense was powerless against your pitching(4 runs total in 3 games), GL <_<

Last edited by a moderator:
game 7 today in the league championship series, for the chance to face jfranco in the World Series.

i have SP3 Adam Wainwright on the hill, but the manager reportedly has a quick hook today. Wainwright looked great earlier in the series, but can he do it again?

game 7 today in the league championship series, for the chance to face jfranco in the World Series.i have SP3 Adam Wainwright on the hill, but the manager reportedly has a quick hook today. Wainwright looked great earlier in the series, but can he do it again?
Great series oso, luckily my offense came alive in the last game. It was definitely not fun watching Pujols bash me.

Users who are viewing this thread