What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WIS XV: Alphabet Soup with a side of Salary- Draft & Season Thread (1 Viewer)

I'm 8-20 at home. 13-11 on the road.Something is not matching up there.
12-18 at home, 23-11 on the road here. :shrug:Oh, and Stan Musial is batting .400, is 4th in the league in RBI despite 30 games less played than the three leading RBI guys...and yet, he's 4th in MVP voting. TRAVIS-SHAM-MOCKERY.

Havent been in here much - crazy few weeks.

God I suck at this. My pen is just awful and I really dont have the time to try and figure what works (assuming anything would, which it likely wouldnt)

God I suck at this. My pen is just awful and I really dont have the time to try and figure what works (assuming anything would, which it likely wouldnt)
Ditto. Can't match-up the draft-center numbers with the sim performance at all in this one. The season my team is having is reminiscent of the last few Harrier seasons, where the "keys" to WIS sim success were changed under his feet and he never adjusted.My stadium (Chase) is slightly positive for offense, but it's not Coors. Billy Wagner's top season should not have a 8+ ERA. Addie Joss shouldn't have a .347 OAV. Willie Hernandez shouldn't have 100 points added to his real-life OAV ... and Ted Abernathy shouldn't have 120 points added to his. BB rates shouldn't be doubling.

Is this entire sim exercise, for some reason, THAT strongly tilted in favor of the offenses?

Anybody here miss a chance at the WIS Back to the Future? My team is up for grabs if you are interested.

1 Troy Tulowitzki SS

2 Brian McCann C

3 David Wright 3B

4 Matt Garza SP

5 Josh Beckett SP

6 John Danks SP

7 Tim Hudson SP

8 Billy Butler 1B

9 Brennan Boesch OF

10 Jason Kubel OF

11 Carlos Quentin OF

12 Jonathan Sanchez SP

13 Francisco Liriano SP

14 Jordan Schafer OF

15 Chris Davis 1B/3B

... and you get to make your 16th and 17th picks immediately.

Just speak up and it is all yours.

Live anyone?

Also, the National has the top 7 teams separated by 2.5 games right now. It is going to be an interesting second half of the season...

I picked the right time to win seven in a row.Is there ever a wrong time?
Funny you say that...My Foxxes lost six in a row, with many of those games being of the excruciating one-run loss in the 9th because of a closer meltdown (Broxton> die). Now, I take Broxton out of the closer spot, put Groom as my closer, and VIOLA! Five wins in a row.This has been a strange sim to say the least.

I picked the right time to win seven in a row.Is there ever a wrong time?
Funny you say that...My Foxxes lost six in a row, with many of those games being of the excruciating one-run loss in the 9th because of a closer meltdown (Broxton> die). Now, I take Broxton out of the closer spot, put Groom as my closer, and VIOLA! Five wins in a row.This has been a strange sim to say the least.
My team started playing better when I altered my bullpen. I stopped having a closer. I just put my best 3 relievers in at Setup A. It turned out my closer wasnt getting enough innings and it was causing my setup guys to pitch more than they should have. By adding in another reliever and not caring which one threw in the ninth, the innings are divided up better. In the past, if it was a tie game in the 8th, one of my set up B's might have came in and the pitcher in the closer spot would have never seen the game, basically putting an inferior pitcher in the game and leaving the better pitcher on the bench. Not sure how big of an effect it has had in reality, but my team has performed better since the change.

I think I might have the most un-clutch bullpen in the history of this sim. Every single time we have a chance to take sole possession of first, the bullpen blows 8th and 9th inning leads. EVERY...#######...TIME.

Finally got a few wins going on now. I just noticed too that I put the wrong Dazzy Vance year on my team. I feel so stupid. :rant:

Great races for the wild cards in both leagues. 4 teams alive for the last spot in the AL, and 3 teams in the NL.

I'd like to reaffirm this statement. I don't have a single clutch guy there. None. Bob James is about 40 IP short of his limit, but he's like a diva and constantly at 93-95%. Same thing with Otsuka on a smaller scale.
They really seem to be getting progressively stricter and stricter with IP and PA limits. For one thing, we're not getting the extra 10% for our pitchers. Saberhagen has already gone into two starts at 99% fatigue because he was 3% over his limit :thumbdown:

I'd like to reaffirm this statement. I don't have a single clutch guy there. None. Bob James is about 40 IP short of his limit, but he's like a diva and constantly at 93-95%. Same thing with Otsuka on a smaller scale.
They really seem to be getting progressively stricter and stricter with IP and PA limits. For one thing, we're not getting the extra 10% for our pitchers. Saberhagen has already gone into two starts at 99% fatigue because he was 3% over his limit :thumbdown:
Yeah, not cool. It's not like all pitcher's arms fall off at the end of each season. But in WIS, they do apparently.

Rocky Colavito hit a go-ahead grand slam in the bottom of the 8th to maintain a 2 game lead in the AL Wild Card

Users who are viewing this thread