What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

With SJax now likely out until Week 10 (and possibly beyond, IMO) (1 Viewer)

tick dog

Footballguy
...someone a little more proven yet reasonable value-wise for a rookie on a bad team, like a Marion Barber? With Rotoworld* saying SJax could now be out until after their bye -- and I posted yesterday that I can't shake the feeling that SJax, in a lost season for STL, will be shut down entirely despite his competitive intentions -- do you think Brian Leonard is a viable RB2 in a re-draft? His schedule after this week is pretty sweet -- @SEA, CLE, BYE, @NO, @SF, SEA, ATL, @CIN, GB (moderate), PIT (tough game)

SJax owners, what have you had to/what would you offer to get him?

B.Leonard owners, what would you want in return from the SJax owner? Or are you keeping him long as he's got the gig?

* link: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpag...171&id=1663

Leonard may be a rookie, but he's a healthy, starting RB for a NFL team w/o much competition, and has a pulse. He put up 18 pts. last week in a HP PPR league (on my bench :kicksrock: )

At this point, considering the amazing amount of injuries in the NFL - he's worth a lot. Maybe not what MJD was in the last half of 06', and probably more to the SJax owner, but at least you can put him in the lineup and expect something. I'm not predicting 120 w/ 5 catches a game, but he'll continue to put up respectable #s simply due to opportunity.

I traded SJ and a 6th round pick for Marshawn and Fitzgerald, then immediately accepted a trade where I got Leonard, Welker, Carr, Willis for Vince, Lee Evans, and Derek Ward.

I'm betting hard that SJ is out for most of the season and even if he comes back reaggravates soon.

I'm asking for Kevin Jones in return for SJAX *and* Leonard in a PPR, redraft.

I tried to get MJD straight up for SJAX and the dude was all insulted. Why do people always get insulted on the first offer? Have they never haggled before?

I traded him last week with Adrian peterson in a redraft for LJ and Delhomme. Prior to Delhomme going on IR and LJ putting up 12 yards on 9 carries. I think Sjax is done for the year. Even if he comes back I don't think he is going to be effective.

I am hoping LJ pans out. It remains to be seen.

if you can get marion barber for brian leonard and havent already done so, whats wrong with you?
well, not to make this a ACF post, but he's asking for leonard & hines ward for barber & a crap wr like mark clayton/brandon jones so it's not 1-for-1. otherwise, yes, no brainer. my wr's are roy williams, cotchery, h.ward, crayton, james jones, calvin...and i think ward comes back strong, gives me a solid trio so i'm not breaking that up for a RBBC back who, while he had a great season last year and two good games this year (weeks 2, 3), is just not getting as many red zone chances and has a very tough schedule coming up (NE, BYE, BAL, PHI....). don't get me wrong, i think season long barber overtakes JJ, but by then (i'm 1-4 now) i could be out of contention even though i'm scoring well...scored 2nd highest pts twice, lost to highest scorer...should be 3-2 at least.OK, enough ACF...back to leonard's overall value....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread