What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

World War Z (3 Viewers)

I'll see it, but it's disappointing that they decided to blow off the interview/multiple story concept.

Seriously...this is a huge bummer.

Maybe if I forget the name of the movie and just think of it as a zombie movie made by Michael Bay, then I can go see it.

:sadkitty:

Well, you can still read the book. Don't worry, from the look of the trailers, they will be two completely different experiences.

Well, you can still read the book. Don't worry, from the look of the trailers, they will be two completely different experiences.
Yup, great book. Movie looks decent too, but doesn't really appear to be related except that I'm guessing they will use some of the stories from the book as the scenes Pitt is thrust into.

I guess normal or fast moving zombies werent EXTREME enough for the ADD viewers, they probly have Mountain Dew cans in their decaying grips. What a shame that a decent WWZ film or series wont get made for a while.

I'll see it, but it's disappointing that they decided to blow off the interview/multiple story concept.
I have said it many times before, would be a perfect HBO miniseries
It looks like the same thing that happened with I, Robot.
:lmao: I saw I robot in theaters than decided to read the book. I was like :unsure: Ummmm what happened?
:lmao: Robot is my favorite sci-fi series.

I have said it many times before, would be a perfect HBO miniseries
I totally agree. Either make it 3-5 seasons and go systematically through the stories. Or find a story to stick with in each season, incorporating individual stories as a sidebar for the episode. One of the scariest parts of the book was that they just kept coming no matter what. The people would relax and then the zombies would attack.

This looks like it might be fun. Just have to completely ignore the WWZ title. What's the point in taking the story name if it isn't going to be anything like the story? Do studio heads think folks in general wouldn't be interested in some generic zombie movie starring Brad Pitt? Did they need to capture the crucial book audience? :confused: Also, love a youtube comment on the trailer.

Wheres Tom Cruise? He could do alot of running.
:lol:

Once I get past the idea that the only thing this will have in common with the book is the title, I'm sure I'll like the movie.

As long as humans don't develop synthetic brains for the zombies to eat instead of humans so that they can all get along and fall in love with each other, and the zombies don't sparkle when you shoot them in the head instead of dying--it will be fine.

What are you guys expecting? A bunch of old people reading their journal entries for 2 hours?

What are you guys expecting? A bunch of old people reading their journal entries for 2 hours?
They could have done something like Twighlight Zone (the movie) where they make three or four short episodes drawn from the book. That would have been infinitely better than the dreck shown in the trailer.

If they followed the book, there would be too many characters, and people would complain that there was no character development and you didn't "feel" what that person (people) were going through.

I think this will work out better.

Take it for what it is (looks like), a decent zombie/end of the world type movie, and maybe you won't be dissapointed. :shrug:

I agree that it looks NOTHING like the book. But what they should've done was call the movie something else. Anything else. People would still go see a zombie movie with Brad Pitt in it. Also agree that it would've made a great HBO miniseries.

I think it looks to be exactly what I expected. I'm sure it'll follow the major global plot points of the book while focusing on Brad Pitt's character. I'm IN. :popcorn:

I think it looks to be exactly what I expected. I'm sure it'll follow the major global plot points of the book while focusing on Brad Pitt's character. I'm IN. :popcorn:
the zombies in the book were slow
True, but the swarms of unfeeling, uncaring deathmeat is pretty visually stunning.
but thats a major major plot point in the book that totally changes the story in the movie
I wouldn't say it was a "major" plot line, and I see no reason why it would change the movie/plot. It's been a couple years since I read it, but what would really be changed?

True, but the swarms of unfeeling, uncaring deathmeat is pretty visually stunning.
but thats a major major plot point in the book that totally changes the story in the movie
I wouldn't say it was a "major" plot line, and I see no reason why it would change the movie/plot. It's been a couple years since I read it, but what would really be changed?
its absolutely a major plot line difference. In the book people developed methodical ways to kill them (asian dude etc) without being overrun. basing on the preview it appears that they are super fast

its absolutely a major plot line difference. In the book people developed methodical ways to kill them (asian dude etc) without being overrun. basing on the preview it appears that they are super fast
I don't really remember that being a major plot line. I remember more about how each nation responded/changed, the politics involved, etc...I think that is what the book was going for, and a quick wiki search confirms that. :shrug:

I agree that it looks NOTHING like the book. But what they should've done was call the movie something else. Anything else. People would still go see a zombie movie with Brad Pitt in it. Also agree that it would've made a great HBO miniseries.
:goodposting:

I agree that it looks NOTHING like the book. But what they should've done was call the movie something else. Anything else. People would still go see a zombie movie with Brad Pitt in it.
Just like they went to see a zombie movie with Will Smith in it. (Okay, zombie vampires.)

I don't really remember that being a major plot line. I remember more about how each nation responded/changed, the politics involved, etc...I think that is what the book was going for, and a quick wiki search confirms that. :shrug:
Yeah, this.

Yeah, this.
And I don't see any of that represented in the trailer.

Might as well be a Michael Bay zombie movie.
That's basically what it looks like, which isn't what I typically look for in a zombie apocalypse piece but is something I'm ok with. It will make a good summer popcorn flick rather than a dramatic movie that makes you think. There's room for both.The book does sound like it would have made a great HBO mini-series though, as some others have mentioned. The best of both worlds would have been to get both, with this movie not based on the book franchise. I don't get why they bothered with that for a completely different movie, it's not like that is what's going to bring people to the theaters.

Yeah, I'm all for the fast super-zombies. Every time I watch something with zombies I always think I'd have no problem surviving the zombie apocalypse. Halfway through that trailer I was thinking, "Well I'd be dead. NO WAY I'd survive that one." ...Should be fun.

I don't know if it would be considered a plot line or theme. Two stories right off the top of my head that would be affected by this would be the French reclamation of the catacombs and the difference between the U.S. military at the Battle of Yonkers and the first fight in the desert. No way they can do either of them with speedy zombies. The absence of the difference between the U.S. militarys does remove a legit theme of the book; that being that we've become too reliant on technology.

I refuse to watch this on principle alone. Everything that made the book unique has basically been tossed aside. I hope they don't mess up The Passage trilogy when they make films / shows out of them.

I refuse to watch this on principle alone. Everything that made the book unique has basically been tossed aside. I hope they don't mess up The Passage trilogy when they make films / shows out of them.
The Passage itself would be a trilogy of LoTR proportions. No way each of the three (third not released) could be just one movie for each book.

whats with the zombies climbing on each other ? The scenes coming down the stairs & over the falling truck look weird

whats with the zombies climbing on each other ? The scenes coming down the stairs & over the falling truck look weird
Basically, it's dreck -- like somebody said above, it's a zombie movie for people with ADHD. I'd love to be proved wrong, but that's what the trailer is advertising.

Users who are viewing this thread