What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Worse opening...KC or Buffalo? (1 Viewer)

I would have more confidence in Nix than Pioli. Also, I think the Bills are more willing to spend (based on last year) so getting an Alex Smith (still an upgrade) is within reason and would do wonders.

I don't know why any coach would want to work for an owner who's over 90 and who has no transition plan in place for the franchise.

I don't know why any coach would want to work for an owner who's over 90 and who has no transition plan in place for the franchise.
Yeah definitely. Buffalo is like a black hole right now. A lot of fans here are psyched that the Bills signed the 7 year lease to stay but- apparently there is an opt out for only 29 mill after 4 years. To me-and some local columnists have said this as well-this just seals the Bills fate, they will be sold and moved. I don't see any movement towards long term stability under these conditions. I'm guessing some low profile placeholder hire.I suppose in 4 years a lot can happen, possibly even a new owner/ownership group who commits to keeping the Bills in Buffalo, maybe hiring a great young coach out of college, etc, but I'm very skeptical. I think the writing's on the wall.

Both defenses have some talent.

Both offenses have nice starting RB's.

Both teams need a QB. Bad.

This is not the season to need a QB.

If Alex Smith is your hope for the future then you are in bad shape. I dont think Alex Smith is the answer to anyone's problems despite his recent better than average but not great play. That team was good because of the running game and defense, not because of him.

Yeah definitely. Buffalo is like a black hole right now. A lot of fans here are psyched that the Bills signed the 7 year lease to stay but- apparently there is an opt out for only 29 mill after 4 years. To me-and some local columnists have said this as well-this just seals the Bills fate, they will be sold and moved. I don't see any movement towards long term stability under these conditions. I'm guessing some low profile placeholder hire.I suppose in 4 years a lot can happen, possibly even a new owner/ownership group who commits to keeping the Bills in Buffalo, maybe hiring a great young coach out of college, etc, but I'm very skeptical. I think the writing's on the wall.
Here's a great article on Buffalo, who basically got the money they wanted without giving much in return:My link

Anyone interested in the business side of sports, and how taxpayer money is wasted, should follow his blog.

Jacksonville.
I dont think Jacksonville is the worse it has some very good young Wr's and a stud rb even Henne can get you thru a year while you groom someone else they just need to improve the defense. My vote without a doubt goes to Buffalo with the looming move and lack of players thats the last guy to take. Plus KC had Crennel there is no way a coach can be worse them him so maybe they arent as bad as they looked

Both defenses have some talent.Both offenses have nice starting RB's.Both teams need a QB. Bad. This is not the season to need a QB.If Alex Smith is your hope for the future then you are in bad shape. I dont think Alex Smith is the answer to anyone's problems despite his recent better than average but not great play. That team was good because of the running game and defense, not because of him.
A. Smith would be a massive upgrade for KC. Not so much for Buf, but KC for sure. KC is very talented IMO. The managed 5 Pro Bowlers this season despite only 2 wins. Granted, the Pro Bowl is laughable in who goes most the time... None the less, i like KC's neuclious of talent. They need a QB in a BAD way. Maybe only Arz is worse at QB than them. If I were a coach, I'd gladly take the KC job and hope to land A. Smith and then draft another QB.

KC is the perfect place for a new FO to walk into, correct the QB issue, and look like geniuses. Because the rest of the team has been built the "right way". The DL and secondary have some very strong foundational pieces. The team has a run game. Anyone who can come in and solve the QB issue and find (probably) a WR1 to pair with Baldwin and McCluster/Wylie after Bowe leaves could look like a master team builder in a year or two. Kind of like Harbaugh coming into SF and improving the QB play while actually taking advantage of all of the talent previous regimes had done a decent job accumulating, and looking like a young prodigy.

Both defenses have some talent.Both offenses have nice starting RB's.Both teams need a QB. Bad. This is not the season to need a QB.If Alex Smith is your hope for the future then you are in bad shape. I dont think Alex Smith is the answer to anyone's problems despite his recent better than average but not great play. That team was good because of the running game and defense, not because of him.
A. Smith would be a massive upgrade for KC. Not so much for Buf, but KC for sure. KC is very talented IMO. The managed 5 Pro Bowlers this season despite only 2 wins. Granted, the Pro Bowl is laughable in who goes most the time... None the less, i like KC's neuclious of talent. They need a QB in a BAD way. Maybe only Arz is worse at QB than them. If I were a coach, I'd gladly take the KC job and hope to land A. Smith and then draft another QB.
If you're going to take a QB with the first pick, then you'd better plan to start him. The problem is that this is not a great year for QB's.

From several tidbits that have been released, I fully expect an ownership group involving Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas to purchase the Bills either before Ralph dies or have something in place to transfer ownership to them when he passes.

Best case scenario would be Ralph selling them 49% while he is alive with a deal in place for them to purchase the other 51% from his estate when he dies. That way it eliminates the question of succession right now.

If that happens, no way do the Bills leave Buffalo.

Taking a 5 year approach, I'll take the Chiefs easily. KC is a great football town.

Convince the GM to NOT draft a QB at 1.01 - either trade down or take Lotulelei or Joeckel. Geno Smith is not worth the top pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
From several tidbits that have been released, I fully expect an ownership group involving Jim Kelly and Thurman Thomas to purchase the Bills either before Ralph dies or have something in place to transfer ownership to them when he passes.Best case scenario would be Ralph selling them 49% while he is alive with a deal in place for them to purchase the other 51% from his estate when he dies. That way it eliminates the question of succession right now.If that happens, no way do the Bills leave Buffalo.
I've read a few hints but nothing more substantial than that, including a 2nd hand tweet from Thurman Thomas that some big news was coming. As far as I know there was been nothing more substantial than speculation. I'm not a Bills fan but I would like to see them stay in Buffalo so hopefully this happens. It just seems more wishful thinking from Bills fans than anything else at this point though. Hopefully you are right.

Jacksonville.
I dont think Jacksonville is the worse it has some very good young Wr's and a stud rb even Henne can get you thru a year while you groom someone else they just need to improve the defense. My vote without a doubt goes to Buffalo with the looming move and lack of players thats the last guy to take. Plus KC had Crennel there is no way a coach can be worse them him so maybe they arent as bad as they looked
The thing about the Jags is that you have a clean slate. Plenty of cap room, no long-term contracts. Most of the fans here realize that the roster is void of talent so I think the expectations would be relatively low. New owner seems committed to winning and doesn't seem wedded to Mularkey. Plus you have other perks like warm weather and no state income tax.To me, the worst job is the Jets since they're the polar opposite of everything I listed. Cap problems, an owner seemingly wedded to Rex Ryan and sky high expectations in the media capital of the world.

Sorry for thread jack but that is the best spelling of nucleus that I've ever seen.Bravo. :)

Sorry for thread jack but that is the best spelling of nucleus that I've ever seen.Bravo. :)
Yeah, saw the butcher of grammar after I posted. I love posting with an iPad.... I've given up on editing. :wall:

Kevin Kolb looked decent to start the year.. Started 4-0 beating NE, Seattle, Miami and Philly. While Arizona is in a rough spot at QB, KC is definitely worse.

I like Buffalo more long-term though. Give them a QB and they'll be on the rise quickly, (say that about any team though, really).

Yeah, saw the butcher of grammar after I posted. I love posting with an iPad.... I've given up on editing. :wall:
Yes, but it's pronounced: neuckuelious

Users who are viewing this thread