What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR A.J. Brown, PHI (1 Viewer)

Hoping a monster game back to get this fantasy points back on track ROS to ADP

The matchup is as good as any, and it's on the road against JAX

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping a monster game back to get this fantasy points back on track ROS to ADP

The matchup is as good as any, and it's on the road against JAX
Jags might have the worst secondary in the league, and have been having coverage breakdowns every week. If Brown is good to go, I see no reason he isn't instantly a top-10 WR this week. 

This feels like we're going to see another limited from A.J. Thursday, then either Friday or Saturday they'll see if he can ramp up to Full. I'm probably overvaluing that practice clip, but those hard cuts and stutter step moves make me think he'll play Sunday, albeit not his full complement of snaps.

This feels like we're going to see another limited from A.J. Thursday, then either Friday or Saturday they'll see if he can ramp up to Full. I'm probably overvaluing that practice clip, but those hard cuts and stutter step moves make me think he'll play Sunday, albeit not his full complement of snaps.
It'll be really interesting if Brown plays and Julio doesn't.

Oooh.

Non AJ Brown owner here trying to buy low. Don't think the AJ owner has seen this.

Offering T. Boyd & L. Fournette for AJ.

Assuming you Brown owners wouldn't go for it after this video footage.

Oooh.

Non AJ Brown owner here trying to buy low. Don't think the AJ owner has seen this.

Owner in 1 and wouldn't trade him for that even if Boyd is underrated. Fournette adds nothing for me.

Oooh.

Honestly I'd laugh off that type offer if I didn't see the video.

Do you guys have any insight as far as what his problems were to start the season?  I know he got hurt wk 3 but the first 2 weeks he wasn’t good. 
I was offered him in a trade (Mattison (cook owner) and tee Higgins). Do you guys think it was this same injury slowing him down to start the year or were there other issues?

Traded AJ and a 2023 2nd for Diggs and a 2023 3rd.

Not a fan of this new offense and usage and I know that can change but for now it’s not great.  Add to that the injury factor, plus the Julio target share factor and that King Henry is still king and it’s enough for me to move on.

This is a 12 team PPR SF TE premium league.  Small added bonus to this deal was I traded with the team I was up against last week so beat him with Diggs when  I otherwise would have lost with AJ.  

This is a win now team and Diggs is only 27 and that Buffalo offense is legit.

Do you guys have any insight as far as what his problems were to start the season?  I know he got hurt wk 3 but the first 2 weeks he wasn’t good. 
I was offered him in a trade (Mattison (cook owner) and tee Higgins). Do you guys think it was this same injury slowing him down to start the year or were there other issues?
The offense and Tanny. 

First game, TEN looked like crap and Tannehill was running for his life.  Brown did score in that game.

Second game, Brown uncharacteristically dropped a few passes, one could have been a big gain and maybe even a TD.  Should have had around 6-90 in that game.

Third game, strained his hammy in the 1st quarter (I was at the game and knew it the moment it happened).

So the way I see it, Brown got off to slow start.  He had a great year last year even when Henry is being King Henry.   So I would suspect Brown will rebound, but he's probably not return the production needed to satisfy his draft slot.  Top 12-15 seems reasonable once he gets healthy....so a strong WR2.  Remember that Brown is a TD producer and Julio generally is not.  Tannehill is a good QB.  If you can buy AJ Brown low, I would do it.

An hour before game time the week he got hurt I traded Deebo for him and even with the injury (it’s a redraft league) I still believe I’ll have the better player once he comes back. Deebo is always an injury waiting to happen and the possible switch at QB to lance and the inevitable Aiyuk working his way back made the decision semi easy for me. I trust my instincts they are more likely than not to be right but this new offense definitely concerns me

A.J. Brown (hamstring) practiced again on Thursday. 

Julio Jones (hamstring) remained sidelined. Brown reportedly looked "smooth" in individual drills following Wednesday's limited session. Even before his hamstring issue, Brown was rarely getting in full practices, so the two limiteds probably have him on track to return vs. the hapless Jaguars. With Jones sidelined, it is a potential eruption spot for the Titans' slow-starting alpha. He needs to be treated as a WR1.  

RELATED: 

Julio Jones

SOURCE: John Glennon on Twitter 

Oct 7, 2021, 3:10 PM ET

A.J. Brown (hamstring) practiced again on Thursday. Julio Jones (hamstring) remained sidelined. Brown reportedly looked "smooth" in individual drills following Wednesday's limited session. Even before his hamstring issue, Brown was rarely getting in full practices, so the two limiteds probably have him on track to return vs. the hapless Jaguars. With Jones sidelined, it is a potential eruption spot for the Titans' slow-starting alpha. He needs to be treated as a WR1
They are really pumping him up this week, I always hate to start a WR coming off injury, it's almost like one of the 10 Commandments, "Thou shalt not start a player that was OUT the week prior."

:whistle:  

Fully expecting a top-5 week from Brown this week. Jags are very prone to secondary breakdowns, and they can't really focus too much on Brown, lest they give up 150-200 yards to Henry.

Have Sanders and I’m not even thinking about it.  AJ.  
Brown is probably still dinged and i expect a total lay down by Jax with the Meyer stuff, can’t see a competitive second half which limits his ceiling.  Sanders in a shootout type game most likely.  I do like  aj as the main option. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Brown is probably still dinged and i expect a total lay down by Jax with the Meyer stuff, can’t see a competitive second half which limits his ceiling.  Sanders in a shootout type game most likely.  I do like  aj as the main option. 
Fair analysis.  

I expect AJB to break a long TD catch and stack up 5/6 other catches for a high teens low 20’s scoring day (PPR) against this D.  Also I’d imagine no one is more pissed about his early season performance then him.  Fully expecting a get right game.  

With Higgins back the Boyd is far less attractive imo.  

I put him in over Boyd. If Higgins was out I probably would have kept Boyd in. Boyd is going to average 50 to 60 yards and you hope for a TD when everyone is healthy. If the Bengals passing game heats up later in the year that could change but they aren't good enough to feed 3 wrs.

Ahhh, the famous week 5 turnaround.

Brown's 2021 is one of the most strangest actual versus forecast that I can think of. 

Its ironic that the change in coaching is adversely affecting both the Titans AND the Falcons.

A.J. Brown caught 3-of-6 targets for 36 yards in Week 5 against Jacksonville.

Brown looked healthy and didn't suffer any setbacks after sitting out last week. The Titans only called 22 pass plays in a game they controlled throughout. Brown's six targets led the team, with Josh Reynolds and Chester Rogers both finishing with just one catch. Brown should rebound for a potential shootout with Buffalo on Monday night in Week 6.

Oct 10, 2021, 6:19 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread