What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Antonio Brown, FA (2 Viewers)

In SEA need a week or two and then will be WR1/WR2 range, top 15 for ROS.
Wowza. He's available in all my leagues even deep ones.... from the posts in here it seems like he's available in almost everyone's leagues.

If this guy is top 15 ROS potential, I'm shocked he wasn't stashed all year in every league.

Who are y’all dropping for him? I’m a Cook owner and thinking of dropping Mattison for him. Either him or Mike Williams.  I may be able to get Mattison back though after this bye week. 

Just dropped TY Hilton for him. Never played Hilton anyway so worth a shot. Wondering if I should try to trade Metcalf now while I can get top dollar for him. If AB does get signed then you have to figure that would lower Metcalf's trade value. 

How do you project him there?

FBG has him at 6.1 PPG once he returns.
Are you sure that's once he signs and not just a conservative hedging of bets in case he doesn't sign anywhere? I imagine he's a lock for 10 pt projections once he signs and has a couple weeks to adjust. 

Are you sure that's once he signs and not just a conservative hedging of bets in case he doesn't sign anywhere? I imagine he's a lock for 10 pt projections once he signs and has a couple weeks to adjust. 
Possibly, yes. 

I just find it so wild that he's available in every league and people are putting him top 15 WR Rest of Season.

Who are y’all dropping for him? I’m a Cook owner and thinking of dropping Mattison for him. Either him or Mike Williams.  I may be able to get Mattison back though after this bye week. 
I’ll drop one of Fournette, Kelley, Gus Edwards or Bernard (if Mixon plays). Leaning towards Fournette. 

Possibly, yes. 

I just find it so wild that he's available in every league and people are putting him top 15 WR Rest of Season.
Top-15 feels really optimistic. He has to learn a playbook, we don't know who his QB or HC/OC will be. I don't think its a lock he'll go to Seattle, and if he does, is that even a good landing spot with Metcalf/Lockett already there?

Cutting guys like Byrd, Hilton, and even Mattison may be ok. The real question is when you get to actual current contributors. If I were to pick up Brown, it'd be for Justin Jackson or Brandin Cooks, and I'm not sure that is worth it. 

Possibly, yes. 

Most of my leagues he's rostered, but I play in mostly keeper/dynasty leagues. In redraft there's no way you have wasted a spot on him this long unless you have some idea he's actually going to play in the NFL this season.  Now it's looking that way (but he's still got major problems which could end his involvement at any time).

Possibly, yes. 

Well, I think it's pretty simple: He's the only dude who has top-10 talent who isn't on an NFL team. Like that's really all there is to it. If he's on an NFL team, he's a top-10 talent.

Top-15 feels really optimistic. He has to learn a playbook, we don't know who his QB or HC/OC will be. I don't think its a lock he'll go to Seattle, and if he does, is that even a good landing spot with Metcalf/Lockett already there?

Cutting guys like Byrd, Hilton, and even Mattison may be ok. The real question is when you get to actual current contributors. If I were to pick up Brown, it'd be for Justin Jackson or Brandin Cooks, and I'm not sure that is worth it. 
Maybe Jackson, but no way I'm dropping Cooks with the way he's been playing and the Will Fuller trade rumours.

Agree with this.  I can't see any way he's a WR1 in redraft this season if he goes to Seattle.  Of course he's worth a grab and see, but that projection seems pretty far fetched imo.  My waivers run tonight and trying to figure out how much FAAB to blow on him.  I feel like at least one person in my league will go nuts for him and I won't win him anyways.

What would be the best case scenario for Brown?

Ravens

Bears

Packers(unlikely) 

Patriots(did they like him, or was it just Brady?)

Eagles

Seahawks(interest has been there, but crowded situation)

Tampa(same as Seattle)

Titans

What would be the best case scenario for Brown?

Ravens

Bears

Packers(unlikely) 

Patriots(did they like him, or was it just Brady?)

Eagles

Seahawks(interest has been there, but crowded situation)

Tampa(same as Seattle)

Titans
Best case for fantasy numbers?  Or for Brown himself.

Hate these situations.

If you pick him up you're going to have to hold for a while to see how this all plays out.

And this with bye weeks, injuries, and Covid madness swirling around.

All that said, just dropped MVS for A. Brown.

And NOW that I've probably awakened the rest of my league to his potential there is no way I can drop him.

Best case for fantasy numbers?  Or for Brown himself.
I was thinking fantasy numbers, but I'd be curious people's thoughts on both.

My gut says NE for Brown himself, if it was Belichick/McDaniels and not just Brady who liked him. Solid team structure and locker room. Not bad for fantasy either as the path to #1 WR isn't tough. Otherwise maybe the Ravens.

Best for fantasy, might be Philly. Easy path to #1, and QB is throwing all game. Green Bay would be great, but he seems like a player they'd avoid.

I feel like Packers or Eagles if I could hand pick a destination for fantasy production.  If it's Seattle, and there isn't an implosion...   I feel like we're realistically talking mid/lower end WR2 by week 11.   Low end WR1 if Lockett or Metcalf go down, and I wouldn't rule out the possibility that he's as productive as his best days in Pittsburgh in that scenario (but obviously, that's not a given).

Guy is a head case, nothing has changed 

Ill pass 
It does seem a little weird that everyone suddenly went from 'he's not going to end up anywhere' to 'he's a wr1". 

I see a similar situation to Gordon here.  WR3 numbers with high ceiling/low floor.  Probably decent flex in your league that someone will prob over pay for based on the hype.  I grabbed him in 2 leagues so I hope I'm wrong but I just see the path to WR1 status for this guy to be very difficult.

For FF Packers or Miami (both probably long shots) would be my favorite landing spots for him. Seattle could be interesting just because their defense makes it so they have to pass but as a DK owner I am being selfish and hoping they don’t sign him (but that is most likely where he ends up).

I'm not comfortable going against what Schefter is saying but would point out that just last week, and it may have been recorded a few days before I heard it, Josina Anderson was a guest on a podcast and she was asked if she expects AB to play this year and she said yes  and that demand for his services was growing.

There is one  problematic issue that might scare a few teams off regarding his civil trial but before I get into that let me first say it's a misconception that anything negative that comes out of that trial will result in an increased suspension. Now it could, but the misconception  a lot of people have is that the NFL factored none of the sexual assault case into AB's 8 game suspension. That's not true. The NFL did investigate that case and what they said was if any "new information"  arises they would suspend him further meaning new information they did not discover in their investigation.

Now that potentially problematic issue I mentioned is the timing of AB's civil trial which is December 15th.  If damaging info came out of that trial the NFL would likely immediately suspend him further or at minimum put him on the commissioner exempt list while they decide how much longer to suspend him. That would possibly knock out AB after week 14.

So if we can assume any team that wanted to bring in AB would be a team that believes it has a shot to go on a SB run you got to think decision makers on those teams would be leery about bringing  in AB, dealing with that distraction and spending a few weeks working him into the system only to potentially lose him heading into week 15. I think most teams would just rather not deal with that even if they knew for sure AB would conduct himself professionally.

I think he's already tried to push the date back of the trial but that's not been working. He could of course settle at anytime and make all of this go away, and he's come close to doing that a few times but I believe he feels he did nothing wrong, has already lost a lot of money over this and has to much pride to settle now.

My conclusion:

While I hate to go against Shefter whose word is as strong as it gets I  still think he plays and I'll take it a step further and say I think a team might have already made assurances to him that if he's stays out of trouble up till around time his suspension is up they would offer him a contract. My reasoning for that is simple minded enough and it's that he took the 8 game suspension with no fight at all  and since that time he's remained very level headed on social media. I believe if no team was showing him interest because of the looming civil trial and threat for further suspension calm and accepting AB is not what we'd be seeing.
Good post.

I was thinking fantasy numbers, but I'd be curious people's thoughts on both.

My gut says NE for Brown himself, if it was Belichick/McDaniels and not just Brady who liked him. Solid team structure and locker room. Not bad for fantasy either as the path to #1 WR isn't tough. Otherwise maybe the Ravens.

Best for fantasy, might be Philly. Easy path to #1, and QB is throwing all game. Green Bay would be great, but he seems like a player they'd avoid.
I would be surprised if NE signed him. He cost them like $10 million to play in one game, did not tell the team about his sexual assault suit, threatened the woman after he signed, and dissed Kraft about his massage case on his way out the door. 

For FF Packers or Miami (both probably long shots) would be my favorite landing spots for him. Seattle could be interesting just because their defense makes it so they have to pass but as a DK owner I am being selfish and hoping they don’t sign him (but that is most likely where he ends up).
As a Russ owner i love the sound of Seattle.  But yea it would downgrade Lockett and DK some imo

Feels like it is a done deal and he is going to Seattle.  It will give him a good chunk of the regular season and all of the post season to rehabilitate image.  He will instantly be the best tactician Russ has the moment he steps on the field.  It is not a stretch to think he will lead the team in targets once entrenched, which will not take long.  

Feels like it is a done deal and he is going to Seattle.  It will give him a good chunk of the regular season and all of the post season to rehabilitate image.  He will instantly be the best tactician Russ has the moment he steps on the field.  It is not a stretch to think he will lead the team in targets once entrenched, which will not take long.  
Russ already has good weapons.  AB isn't suddenly taking away all of those targets.  He'll be entrenched as the # 3 and then he'll take his ball and run.   :shrug:  

It’s a head scratcher for me that Seattle would be interested in AB.  They are undefeated, offense is clicking, they should be focusing on improving the defense.

It’s a head scratcher for me that Seattle would be interested in AB.  They are undefeated, offense is clicking, they should be focusing on improving the defense.
Totally agree. Total head scratcher why they’d want the elite offensive talent.  I’m sure there plenty of elite defensive players that they could sign as free agents who are on the market because of disciplinary reasons.  

Totally agree. Total head scratcher why they’d want the elite offensive talent.  I’m sure there plenty of elite defensive players that they could sign as free agents who are on the market because of disciplinary reasons.  
:lmao:    Yeah it's worked out well for the past teams that have dipped their feet in the water with him.  

Eagles seems like the best FF spot and maybe real world NFL as well.
Perhaps the Eagles have the biggest need but if I'm AB I'd prefer to let Russ cook than Carson, especially with all the injuries.

One of my leagues had an end of the bench spot that I decided was worth taking a flyer on Antonio.  As a 6th WR, I can sit on him unless the injury/Corona bug comes back with a vengeance.

Cheap lottery ticket.

Should I drop Parker and ride this train?   I am stacked at WR and prob would never use Parker.  I already have DK tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps the Eagles have the biggest need but if I'm AB I'd prefer to let Russ cook than Carson, especially with all the injuries.

One of my leagues had an end of the bench spot that I decided was worth taking a flyer on Antonio.  As a 6th WR, I can sit on him unless the injury/Corona bug comes back with a vengeance.

Cheap lottery ticket.
I am going with need here for sure and AB may get the best result with Philly JMHO.

Users who are viewing this thread