What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (3 Viewers)

False Start,

As sad as you think it is that I apparently created a second account to post in this thread, I find it sad, moreso, that your only agenda is to come in this thread and attack me personally.

You dont find it odd that you only come to this thread to address me, and not the topic? And you have the balls to call me the troll?

Right.

i've previously stated either 16 games or 8 games.

but my 8 game prediction was based mostly on wishful thinking as being a reduction of the 16 game suspension.

incidentally, I've noticed more and more stories referencing Gordon appealing a 16 game suspension.

i don't know if this is lazy reporting, or if the majority of somewhat informed sources have good information that Gordon is in fact in stage 3 and is facing the full year suspension.

False Start,

As sad as you think it is that I apparently created a second account to post in this thread, I find it sad, moreso, that your only agenda is to come in this thread and attack me personally.

You dont find it odd that you only come to this thread to address me, and not the topic? And you have the balls to call me the troll?

Right.
if you think he's trolling you, maybe you should ignore him and focus on the subject of the thread?

WTF: Lane Johnson, Daryl Washington, Ace Sanders and LaVon Brazill we've heard verdicts on. What is going on?!
As eluded to before those suspensions may have taken just as long to announce and we only heard abt them once it was all said and done... There is belief that Gordon's issues were leaked beforehand so this slow drawn out process still may actually be the norm and NOT the exception

False Start,

Right.
Don't stoop to that level. Why bother replying to him?

False Start,

Right.
needs to be addressed since noone with an authoritative hammer seems to be.

I dont mind at all being called out, or debating etc. But steady and chornic nagging and poking and prodding by a single individual eventually needs to be called out.

everyone else seems to be having a go at me, but they at least do so at a reasonable pace and with some tact and purpose.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heres an article which could help explain why an eight game suspension may be possible. imho there appears to be some similar wording Anyway Im not cognizant of various penaltys based on missed and/or failed tests (prescription, etc.)

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/baltimore-colts-weslye-saunders-suspended-8-games-ped-violation-071813

Colts' Saunders suspended 8 games:

INDIANAPOLIS (AP)Indianapolis Colts tight end Weslye Saunders has been suspended eight games without pay after violating the league's policy on performance-enhancing substances.

League officials did not say Thursday what substance was found in Saunders' test. He can practice with the Colts throughout training camp and will be eligible to play in preseason games. But he won't be eligible to play in the regular season until after the Colts' game Nov. 3 against Houston.

Saunders is no stranger to controversy.

Last year, the NFL imposed a four-game suspension on Saunders for violating the same substance policy. The Steelers subsequently released Saunders in October. Indianapolis signed him five days later and he wound up catching two passes for 15 yards with the Colts.

He also got into trouble in college. At South Carolina, he was questioned by NCAA investigators about possible contact with an agent and was later suspended by Gamecocks coach Steve Spurrier for violations the coach said were not related to the NCAA probe. Less than a month after first announcing the suspension, in August 2010, Spurrier kicked Saunders off the team.

Instead of transferring, Saunders wound up forgoing his final year of eligibility to enter the NFL draft.

yes, but mostly no.

that was for performance enhancers.
I thought we established that Josh had missed a required test?

Now that I think about it more, I sorta get what you may be implying?

They don't care what Josh may have failed on the test, But they do care that it may have been for recreational drugs. Basically failed and/or missed is treated as anything other than Performance enhancing

I appreciate your response Soul!

no.... I mean the NFL has DIFFERENT policies for:

banned companies

banned substances

conduct policy

drug policy

steroid policy

Glad to see you back and as in much denial as ever... as two people.

:porked:
Hilarious that you can't seem to give that up... Oh how I wish a mod would step in and slap you with some reality on that situation.
:rolleyes:
Somehow, I feel dissed here.

False dude, you are just wrong, let the ghosting thing lie.

But back to issue at hand, Gordon's suspension.

I don't know what it will be, I just know this, none of the recent issues of traffic violations and DWI charge will play into it , at all, because it can't. Well ok, unless you want to add to his suspension based on speeding tickets.

The DWI will likely be reduced , a .09 with any decent lawyer, will go,away, just like it did for Lynch.

So whatever Gordon gets, it will be based on the missed/failed test, whatever you want to,call it because nobody really knows for sure what happened yet.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if it's less than 8 games.

no.... I mean the NFL has DIFFERENT policies for:

banned companies

banned substances

conduct policy

drug policy

steroid policy
LOL I do recall baseball players being associated w special "creams" Thank -you for posting examples..

Hopefully I am able to read some good unbiased articles following the ruling. This whole fiasco makes me feel kinda ignorant to tell the truth

Hilarious that you can't seem to give that up... Oh how I wish a mod would step in and slap you with some reality on that situation.

I don't know what it will be, I just know this, none of the recent issues of traffic violations and DWI charge will play into it , at all, because it can't. Well ok, unless you want to add to his suspension based on speeding tickets.

The DWI will likely be reduced , a .09 with any decent lawyer, will go,away, just like it did for Lynch.

So whatever Gordon gets, it will be based on the missed/failed test, whatever you want to,call it because nobody really knows for sure what happened yet.

:lol:

False Start,

Right.

I dont mind at all being called out, or debating etc. But steady and chornic nagging and poking and prodding by a single individual eventually needs to be called out.

everyone else seems to be having a go at me, but they at least do so at a reasonable pace and with some tact and purpose.
:violin: :porked:

Called out? You clearly mind being called out. The person crying about getting called out is talking about calling out someone else for calling them out? Ironic. I wont call you out about you running and hiding or creating another alias just for this topic, that has already been done by some.

I will talk football though and the only thing you can discuss is guessing how long Gordons suspension is, so...

Gordon will still be suspended for a year, I wont flip flop on that opinion like some.

:lol:

False Start,

Right.

:violin: :porked:

Called out? You clearly mind being called out. The person crying about getting called out is talking about calling out someone else for calling them out? Ironic. I wont call you out about you running and hiding or creating another alias just for this topic, that has already been done by some.

I will talk football though and the only thing you can discuss is guessing how long Gordons suspension is, so...

Gordon will still be suspended for a year, I wont flip flop on that opinion like some.
I'll give you this much,

You certainly have the right handle for this site.

I would be surprised if Gordon gets more than 6 games, but that's just me , if I'm wrong, I'll own it.

"He also said Monday that he expects to know the outcome of Gordon's appeal hearing within 10 days to two weeks. Gordon is appealing what's believed to be an indefinite ban from the NFL for violating the league's substance abuse policy for at least the third time. If he loses the appeal, he'll have to wait at least a year to apply for reinstatement with NFL Commissioner from Roger Goodell"

this would put it next Wednesday-ish?

Seriously, why is it you hear, out of the blue that guys like Daryl Washington are done for the year. That's it..See you next year...maybe. But this Josh Gordon story just lingers like a mothball smell in granny's closet. Get on with it already.

Anything less than a 16 game suspension will be a victory for Soulfy. His doubters were at minimum expecting 16 games and at worst a lifetime ban. I think his haters are starting to get nervous. Cant wait to see the outcome. (Would use the pig emoticon but it looks stupid).

Or we could all just try to do better.
Good post.

Some amount of calling people out is going to happen. But it went overboard long ago. People who want to discuss Gordon won't bother coming in here anymore with all the bickering.

Discuss Gordon, not other posters.

That has not been established. Its been speculated or implied by some that may have been the case, but we've also heard he failed a test.

The latest reports have all said he's facing 16 games - perhaps that's lazy reporting. We'll know soon I guess.

Ray rice and his wife met with him what seems like ages ago. I'm not expecting an answer on august 1st
The difference there was that was not for an appeal of a suspension - it was to gather facts before a potential suspension is handed down.

That has not been established. Its been speculated or implied by some that may have been the case, but we've also heard he failed a test.

The latest reports have all said he's facing 16 games - perhaps that's lazy reporting. We'll know soon I guess.
On next episode of "As Josh Gordon's World Turns".....The ambiguous statements of length of suspension......Is he in stage III.........Is August 1st the day we will all know...Stay tuned.

Ray rice and his wife met with him what seems like ages ago. I'm not expecting an answer on august 1st
This makes me wonder if Rice is getting suspended at all.
Would be a bunch of BS for a person who beat his wife not to get suspended while a dude who smokes herb does.
while I agree, I dont think Ray Rice has been in any kind of trouble before and his legal situation(IIRC) has been rectified so whats the hold up??

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns
Josh Gordon will appeal his one-year suspension in a meeting with the NFL on Aug. 1.
Gordon's appeal doesn't have much teeth. Since the latest failed drug test that triggered this ban, a "passenger" in his car was cited for marijuana and he's been arrested in North Carolina on suspicion of DWI. It would be a shock if the 16-game suspension is reduced. The Browns are just hoping that they can get Gordon back on the field in 2015. He led the NFL in receiving yards last season and became the first player in league history with back-to-back 200-yard receiving games.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 24 - 8:08 AM

Josh Gordon - WR - Browns
Josh Gordon will appeal his one-year suspension in a meeting with the NFL on Aug. 1.
Gordon's appeal doesn't have much teeth. Since the latest failed drug test that triggered this ban, a "passenger" in his car was cited for marijuana and he's been arrested in North Carolina on suspicion of DWI. It would be a shock if the 16-game suspension is reduced. The Browns are just hoping that they can get Gordon back on the field in 2015. He led the NFL in receiving yards last season and became the first player in league history with back-to-back 200-yard receiving games.

Source: ESPN.com
Jul 24 - 8:08 AM
What's up with the scare quotes around "passenger"? I mean, was the guy not actually his passenger? Is this piece trying to imply that he was something else? I kind of thought the facts of that case were not in dispute, which means those quotes are there for no purpose other than to sensationalize a completely mundane piece of information.

For many purposes you are assumed to be in control of the items in your immediate vicinity, such as in your car or house. For example a convicted felon will have a difficult time escaping felon in possession gun charges by claiming that it wasn't "his" gun, but his passenger's/roommate's/wife's, etc.

ETA - At least, that's the leverage the District Attorney / US Attorney has. A single felony drug possession, plus a violation of parole thereafter because you got pulled over and one of your boys had a gun = mandatory minimum sentence. Good luck not taking the plea when you're looking at 30 years for a non-violent offense; or you can plea for 10-15.

Mandatory sentencing + Draconian drug laws + felon in possession laws + the world's most guns + disenfranchisement for convicted felons + private prisons (who gain 'customers' by lobbying for longer standard sentencing) = the world's largest prison population. The US, with roughly 300 million people, has more people in prison than China, with over 1.3 billion. Think about that... more than a communist regime with a knack for suppression and almost 5x our population... and we have more prisoners.

John Oliver takes on the prison system in the USA:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pz3syET3DY

Just handed out rices and it's 2 games. Beating the #### out of your girlfriend gets you 2 games while marijuana which is legalized in parts of the country gets you 16 games.
Yeah I agree, very weak suspension. But lets all remember, Gordon is and idiot who breaks rules time after time and does not worry about repercussions, that is why his suspension is going to be a long one.

Pardon me if I think Rice's 2 games are a slightly positive sign for Gordon.

We loved the theory that Goodell is a supreme authoritarian, but then he goes and does that.....

2 games. uppercutting your gf unconscious. dragging her thru the hallway like a caveman.

sorry, cant call Roger an authoritarian anymore. but he is a complete bish

The NFL is ill equipped to deal with how to support potential superstars who struggle with chronic use of recreational alcohol and marijuana. They have proven that they do not yet have a solution on how to find a way to help these young, talented, but troubled users who cannot control their desire to use these recreational substances. Until the figure out a way to help them, the NFL and its fans are going to be left wondering what could have been with guys like Blackmon and perhaps Gordon.

on a totally unrelated note, Id LOVE for some large anti-female violence activists/pressure groups to get buck wild on the NFL.

completely and totally deserved too.

I wonder if the state of Colorado or Washington would love to house him? If a man knows the sin and sins anyways the Lord will judge him harder. The NFL should ban him for life if that's the case. The young man could play in Canada or even the Arena League. Gene Simmons would love to have this guy on this team. $immons and Gordon...love it!!!!

he just needs to say he will undergo counseling blah blah and he is making a life change now. nfl buys it, 5 game suspension. he breaks megatrons stats this year

on a totally unrelated note, Id LOVE for some large anti-female violence activists/pressure groups to get buck wild on the NFL.

In some cultures beating ones wife is perfectly acceptable...The NFL tries to suspend a hardline Islamic player and they will open themselves up for a discrimination suit.

In some cultures beating ones wife is perfectly acceptable...The NFL tries to suspend a hardline Islamic player and they will open themselves up for a discrimination suit.
I don't think religion > local laws

you beat a person man or woman doesn't matter your religion

Users who are viewing this thread