What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Josh Gordon, KC (1 Viewer)

nyy45 said:
I have the choice of keeping him or McKinnon, both losing last round pick.  Everyone tells me McKinnon but the upside for this guys is just too good.  I have to make the decision tomorrow night.  I think his head is clear and brainwashed to never do drugs again
You’d be able to get Gordon back easier than McKinnon who has a second round ADP.

Would you guys keep Gordon for a 14th vs Kareem Hunt for a 3rd round pick?  10 team ppr.  I have the 2nd pick in the draft so if I kept Hunt I could have Bell and Hunt as my backbone.

Would you guys keep Gordon for a 14th vs Kareem Hunt for a 3rd round pick?  10 team ppr.  I have the 2nd pick in the draft so if I kept Hunt I could have Bell and Hunt as my backbone.
How do you know for sure you'd get Bell?  If that's a lock, I'm not sure how you'd say no to that combo. 

How do you know for sure you'd get Bell?  If that's a lock, I'm not sure how you'd say no to that combo. 
Cause he can't be kept (rule in this league prohibits keeping anyone drafted in the first 2 rounds) and the guy who has #1 already told me he's taking Gurley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Keep Hunt. No brainer.
My only hesitation is that it's not the greatest value in the world.  In a 10 team league Hunt usually goes early 2nd round, and he would cost me my early 3rd rounder to keep him.  So it's about a round of value.

When you see others in your league keeping the likes of Kamara and Adams for a 14th round pick it makes you question even the most obvious decisions.

My only hesitation is that it's not the greatest value in the world.  In a 10 team league Hunt usually goes early 2nd round, and he would cost me my early 3rd rounder to keep him.  So it's about a round of value.

When you see others in your league keeping the likes of Kamara and Adams for a 14th round pick it makes you question even the most obvious decisions.
Keep Gordon, draft Hunt with the #2 pick.

Keep Gordon, draft Hunt with the #2 pick.
Do you mean my second round pick?  With the #2 overall pick I'm taking Leveon Bell.  There is zero chance Hunt makes it all the way back to me at pick 2.09 so if I don't keep him he's gone.

Do you mean my second round pick?  With the #2 overall pick I'm taking Leveon Bell.  There is zero chance Hunt makes it all the way back to me at pick 2.09 so if I don't keep him he's gone.
Take Hunt over Bell.

Or trade the #2 pick if you can get some value for it and draft Hunt later in the 1st.

How many points a week do you get for value?

Keep Hunt

Just can't shake the feeling that Gordon will be looked at as this generation's David Boston. 1 monster year, and a whole lot of excuses as to why it never happened again.

Just can't shake the feeling that Gordon will be looked at as this generation's David Boston. 1 monster year, and a whole lot of excuses as to why it never happened again.
The RB position is all about risk!  Flash is potentially a Top 5 WR!  Now Dr. Octopus answered your question quite bluntly 

But if you care to get into schematics you could luck into the next Kamara  However you have little to no chance in a 12 League to have similar luck at WR  (fwiw) I also kind of fancy Chakas input to trade down in order to acquire Hunt at his more approximated value  ie. Maybe only getting an earlier 2nd round pick in the process

Good Luck!

There is no way the risk is worth the reward but I am finding myself contemplating taking him if he’s available in Round 4. For no other reason than to make things interesting. I need to either stop or start doing drugs. 

There is no way the risk is worth the reward but I am finding myself contemplating taking him if he’s available in Round 4. For no other reason than to make things interesting. I need to either stop or start doing drugs. 
Giving up a 13th rd pick as our 1 keeper in a redraft. What a move, drafting this guy in the 15th (last) Rd. last year.

I don't understand why the league has involvement of when he can practice and play... I thought his time away was all his doing....So why can't he practice?

I don't understand why the league has involvement of when he can practice and play... I thought his time away was all his doing....So why can't he practice?
Not sure, but I think it has to do with the NFI list.  They don't want teams playing games with designations.

@RapSheet 

What does the #Browns latest move with #WR Josh Gordon mean? Per @NFLprguy, Gordon is “cleared to return to all activities, including games.” It’s more than just walk-throughs. He’s officially back.

... back to suspended, amirite FBG!?????

Users who are viewing this thread