What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Keenan Allen, CHI (3 Viewers)

What can't this kid do? Hands like glue, making guys miss, breaking tackles, running good routes. Man... this trains moving downhill with no signs of stopping.

Looks pretty solid, tonight definitely answers the question of who the #1 WR is if there was any doubt. Love what McCoy is doing with what he has to work with.

happy to have picked him up in both my leagues and start him. thats all i have to say lol. it was risky but the risk paid off.

Fun night. I'll look forward to seeing all you fellas on the train throughout the season. Going to be a fun ride.

wasn't the shoot out I was expecting either and San Diego played ball control/keep away and he still got his. Good signs all throughout.

Absolutely, I owe him big time. Won 95.9 to 95.7 because of him and that last catch that put him over 100. He loks good and Rivers seems to trust him. Obviously a must start against Jacksonville next week, you just hope it's not. rushing TD game like Moreno displayed for Denver this week.

This was a player that many Sharkies in here who play in the local leagues scooped up and are profiting. I know my league wondered how I knew about him.

Shark Pool got this one right after Alex and Floyd went down. Seems like many in here jumped on him even if they were kicking and screaming along the way.

:pickle: :clap: :pickle: :headbang:

Keep on keeping on Keenan. Your OROY just got showcased on national TV again. Outside of the Chiefs, the Chargers have a stellar remaining schedule to rack up the points.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's very likely been a top 5 WR in PPR over the past three week since getting the starting gig. I have and will continue to ride him (gets JAC next week).

Rivers just spoke highly of him on ESPN which is always good to hear the starting QB brag about a rookie WR.

He singlehandedly won me my matchup tonight my opponent had gates and Ty Hilton. On paper I had no chance! I want to buy a Keenan Allen jersey to repay him now lol.

He's an ideal WR3-4 right now in a great, high volume passing offense for PPR. He's clearly a big-time talent but he's started two games. There's really nothing to debate right now, in other words, he's good and is in a good situation and the Chargers will throw a lot against some bad defenses the rest of the season. But we havne't seen enough to truly trust him as a starter. That said, in those fantasypros rankings, almost 20 guys have him ranked 50th or below. That's just not paying attention. Whoever is turning in those rankings is clearly not a professional.
Yeah, its a joke. Last week I decided to roll out Allen and Williams over Stevie and Bowe and 99% of all experts would have told me I was doing it wrong.

Even now 78% say Bowe is the optimal start over Allen and I think that's pretty silly. Could Bowe outscore him this week? Absolutely. Should you be starting Bowe over Allen after what we've seen so far this season? Absolutely not.
I just want to reiterate just how silly it was how someone like Bowe was getting more love from 80% of the "experts" this week. I'm betting that won't happen again moving forward.

He's showing why he was tauted as the most pro ready in his class pre-injury. All those that believed in him are now reaping the rewards of their patients. The hard part now is who to start him over.

This guy is the real deal, look at his game logs since taking over as the starter

5-80

6-115 1 TD

9-107 1TD
On a PPG basis (PPR), only Bryant, Jeffry, Gordon and Welker have done better than Allens 20.7 PPG over the last three weeks. Blackmon is up there but the sample size is only one game.

What's the feel on his trade value? I picked him up last week on waivers but like many he's my WR4 and I'd rather sell high after MNF. (Always good to trade a guy when they are trending on Twitter for non-injury reasons.)

If you're a non-owner who is hurting at WR, who is an established WR you'd equate at equal value? Healthy Cecil Shorts? TY Hilton? Basically mid-level WR2 but with upside?

Trading the top WR on passing offenses generally doesn't equate to success. Look at his schedule. Unless you are getting a flat out stud, you won't get value in a deal.

yep. He still has the unknown/rookie stigma to fight in a trade offer. He's more likely worth more to his current owner to keep rather than trade. Unless you got some SD homers in your league.

I'm gonna try trade Decker to upgrade my RB spot in light of Allen's success.

This guy is the real deal, look at his game logs since taking over as the starter

5-80

6-115 1 TD

9-107 1TD
And the targets during those three games have been 6, 9 and 12, respectively.

So not only are the targets and receptions going up, but his reception/target percentage over the past three weeks is 74%. Not too shabby.

When you think about the number of near-touchdowns he's had yet how many points he's still managed to put up, we probably still haven't seen this guy's ceiling.

Obviously since he's a rookie I don't think his floor is 6-60-1 or anything but the fact is he's getting targets all over the field and especially in the RZ. When you look at his talent+situation+schedule, I don't see how you're trading him for anyone that offers so much upside unless another owner is even higher on him than you are.

Couple of weeks ago, someone started a thread asking why there were no more waiver wire darlings who could propel you to a championship.

I think Keenan Allen is that man. Good on you, if you were one of lucky ones holding a golden ticket.

KA = WWDOY

I don't know why everyone is always so bent on trading a player that breaks out. Sometimes it works out well for you but many times you just end up trading a productive new stud for a struggling but more established one. Unless you have a true need at another position like Rb, te, or qb and are stacked at wr why trade away a piece that could put your team over the top and make your team unbeatable?

Keenan Allen is a guy that you most likely picked up on the waiver wire who is putting up WR1 numbers most likely in your wr3 or flex spot of your lineup. Do you realize what a statistical advantage that is over the other chumps in your league who have David Wilson or Nate Washington in that spot?

BC he is a rookie and not a household name yet there is simply no way you would get what he is truly worth in a trade.

Just hold onto him and keep plugging him into your lineup until he gives you a reason not to anymore. Barring injury though I don't see that happening. Rivers has spoken through his actions and Keenan Allen is his #1 wr. This years Danario Alexander. Ride the wave.

Couple of weeks ago, someone started a thread asking why there were no more waiver wire darlings who could propel you to a championship.

I think Keenan Allen is that man. Good on you, if you were one of lucky ones holding a golden ticket.

KA = WWDOY
Still early and I think Andre Ellington could end up in that conversation.

KA = WWDOY
I got lucky on this one

Went after Allen over Brown in most of my leagues last week based on advice here and on the podcasts. Has really helped take the sting off trading Blackmon just before he returned. Need a third keeper, so hoping this keeps up, and he'll be a pretty good value at $10.

Now if only I would have gone after Ellington instead of Franklin. Oops.

What's the feel on his trade value? I picked him up last week on waivers but like many he's my WR4 and I'd rather sell high after MNF. (Always good to trade a guy when they are trending on Twitter for non-injury reasons.)

If you're a non-owner who is hurting at WR, who is an established WR you'd equate at equal value? Healthy Cecil Shorts? TY Hilton? Basically mid-level WR2 but with upside?
I understand trade high but outside of injury Keenan Allen has a terrific opp to continue strong numbers.

Early rankings have Allen in the 30s for WR this week, what a joke.

ha, is trent still top 10 going forward? LOL

anyways, i started him over fitz this week, glad he didnt make me look like a total idiot that i felt like sunday night. This was my first game watching him play (it was easy to key on him as he had long sleeves on). I didn't see anything special, but he made a few tough catches and was consistently targeted by rivers. i will defnitely hold for now unless i can package him with a wr to do a 2 for 1 upgrade.

I understand trade high but outside of injury Keenan Allen has a terrific opp to continue strong numbers.
Yes, and I doubt his value has matured enough to where people will pay you fair price. There's still the perception that Rivers will spread it around and/or regress, as well as the presence of Brown and Gates. I think until he produces for a few more weeks, he may be worth more scoring for you than as a trade piece. I think Shorts and Hilton are near the top of what you'll get, or someone like Nicks or James Jones. But to me, I'd rather wait and take the chance that Allen becomes a high WR2.

Early rankings have Allen in the 30s for WR this week, lol.
He's also ranked below Vincent Brown. Not sure if the rankings haven't been updated since MNF, or if they feel there will be some regression, with Rivers actively trying to get Brown involved?

Yes, and I doubt his value has matured enough to where people will pay you fair price. There's still the perception that Rivers will spread it around and/or regress, as well as the presence of Brown and Gates. I think until he produces for a few more weeks, he may be worth more scoring for you than as a trade piece. I think Shorts and Hilton are near the top of what you'll get, or someone like Nicks or James Jones. But to me, I'd rather wait and take the chance that Allen becomes a high WR2.

Early rankings have Allen in the 30s for WR this week, lol.
He's also ranked below Vincent Brown. Not sure if the rankings haven't been updated since MNF, or if they feel there will be some regression, with Rivers actively trying to get Brown involved?
He looks head and shoulders ahead of brown and gates... I wish I would have grabbed him in more then 1 league... Tried to give him away for peanuts 3 weeks ago and glad I didn't... He looks studly, albeit 2 games but wow he is playing like a true wr1 back2back 100 yard games

ha, is trent still top 10 going forward? LOL

anyways, i started him over fitz this week, glad he didnt make me look like a total idiot that i felt like sunday night. This was my first game watching him play (it was easy to key on him as he had long sleeves on). I didn't see anything special, but he made a few tough catches and was consistently targeted by rivers. i will defnitely hold for now unless i can package him with a wr to do a 2 for 1 upgrade.
lol yea trent is garbage in ppr.

KA = WWDOY
Still early and I think Andre Ellington could end up in that conversation.
Why not both? I've been lobbying in every WW Thread since like Week 3 for Ellington being one of the years WW Darlings. Think he could still definitely be the RB darling.

Snaps and utilization combined with the eye test revealed this story weeks ago. Enjoy the ride, my friends.

Users who are viewing this thread