What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ww defenses week 6? (1 Viewer)

greenheads

Footballguy
indianapolis @ NYJ wk 6, vs Cle wk 7?

kc new found def @ TB?

Anybody rolling w/ sea def this week home vs. NE?

indianapolis @ NYJ wk 6, vs Cle wk 7?kc new found def @ TB?Anybody rolling w/ sea def this week home vs. NE?
I added Tampa, with KC being so bad. I haven't quite decided if there will be more or less turnovers with Quinn than there were with Cassel. I have to decide between them and Cincy against Cleveland. The other will be dropped for a long shot, flex play gamble.

You may have someone who drops Arizona after a poor game on Thursday. I'd try to grab them with a good matchup against Buffalo, if they're available.

Steelers were dropped in my league (short rosters). They have a juicy matchup against TN with Hasselbeck, just in case they were dropped elsewhere due to their injuries and bye week.

I think you could find gold with either STL or MIA in that game.

Indy likely a good play.

Tampa vs. KC and Quinn could be good, as some have mentioned.

'Phenix said:
'the spanker said:
Seattle D with confidence? Really now?
"With confidence" has to be the most uneducated term someone can use in fantasy football.Would you play a D that you did not have confidence in? if so, this is not the hobby for you.
When you play waiver wire defenses, there are going to be a number of weeks where you aren't very confident in your choice. Sometimes the options are all shaky.

'the spanker said:
Seattle D with confidence? Really now?
'Zona went into New England and did the job ... why can't the 'hawks (at home, where they sacked Rodegers 8 times) not do likewise?Seattle is the toughest home stadium in the league. They play a bit more ferocious up there. It's a ballsy call, but not without precedent (see both examples cited above).

Nobody liking BUF @ AZ? maybe they are already rostered in your leagues?

arizona has been giving up a lot of sacks, they just lost another rb, and their oline might be the worst...

not only that, but they might be playing a lockerless TEN the following week.

otherwise anyone who picked up STL this week could roll with them again...

Nobody liking BUF @ AZ? maybe they are already rostered in your leagues?arizona has been giving up a lot of sacks, they just lost another rb, and their oline might be the worst...not only that, but they might be playing a lockerless TEN the following week.otherwise anyone who picked up STL this week could roll with them again...
Snap, didn't even see that. I might use Buffalo vs. ARI instead of Indy vs. NYJ.

What's going on with Arizona's defense? The last two weeks were underwhelming.

Anyone rolling the dice again vs. the Bills?

What's going on with Arizona's defense? The last two weeks were underwhelming.Anyone rolling the dice again vs. the Bills?
I am. They actually scored 15 points for me against the Dolphins, even when they gave up a ton of yardage, and 6 points against the Rams...which isn't a complete failure. With Dockett hopefully back in full, the Cardinals will be able to get pressure on the QB like they did the first 4 weeks against the Bills. Plus, Fitzpatrick is a turnover machine.

Last edited by a moderator:
'the spanker said:
Seattle D with confidence? Really bowl?
'Zona went into New England and did the job ... why can't the 'hawks (at home, where they sacked Rodegers 8 times) not do likewise?Seattle is the toughest home stadium in the league. They play a bit more ferocious up there. It's a ballsy call, but not without precedent (see both examples cited above).
Because bb is one hell of a coach and the patriots are hitting there stride right now, Seattle has a awesome d but I just don't see them playing extremely well against 2 of the greatest minds in football. Also I have a feeling bb will have a game plan to force Seattle to beat them thru the air and that will not happen.

What's going on with Arizona's defense? The last two weeks were underwhelming.Anyone rolling the dice again vs. the Bills?
I am. They actually scored 15 points for me against the Dolphins, even when they gave up a ton of yardage, and 6 points against the Rams...which isn't a complete failure. With Dockett hopefully back in full, the Cardinals will be able to get pressure on the QB like they did the first 4 weeks against the Bills. Plus, Fitzpatrick is a turnover machine.
Me too. Zona's not an every-week play, I think, but this is a nice matchup. They'll be able to shut down Stevie, the rest of the passing game is meh, and the Bills RBs look like they are still not at 100%.OTOH, someone predicted the stinkbomb vs the Rams in another thread, pointing out how STL matched up well against Zona. I don't remember the details exactly, but if whoever that was wants to jump in here, it would be much appreciated. Is this really a better matchup?

'the spanker said:
Seattle D with confidence? Really bowl?
Because bb is one hell of a coach and the patriots are hitting there stride right now, Seattle has a awesome d but I just don't see them playing extremely well against 2 of the greatest minds in football. Also I have a feeling bb will have a game plan to force Seattle to beat them thru the air and that will not happen.
Thanks for the great response. You beat me to it. This is not the same NE O we saw at the start of the season.

I like the Browns with the return of Haden getting pressure at home on Dalton and forcing him into a lot of mistakes. Haden will also make it much more difficult to throw those 50/50 jump balls to Green without at least some risk of an interception or 2.

I think the problem with the Arizona defense is the Arizona offense and it just got even worse with Ryan Williams out for the year. That said, I'm probably still going to roll with them this week. Might grab the Bills, but I don't feel great about them either.

I think the problem with the Arizona defense is the Arizona offense and it just got even worse with Ryan Williams out for the year. That said, I'm probably still going to roll with them this week. Might grab the Bills, but I don't feel great about them either.
How were the Cards any better with Ryan Wiliams? :lmao: I think getting Stephens-Howling back is going to improve them. He's actually a decent Sproles-type back that can do some damage in space and on kick returns.Not to mention, the Bills are completely devastated at offensive line.After the long week, getting Dockett back, and Buffalo staring 2 practice squad players on their offensive line, I'm starting Ari against Buffalo with confidence.

I currently have MIN and BUF rostered.

I'm holding fire for a little bit until I hear about RG3. If he can't play this week, then I think MIN might be a good option as WAS will struggle without Griffin.

If he's fine, then it'll be a choice between Buffalo and Indy.

I am going to drop the Bills and roll with either Miami or Tampa Bay. Leaning Miami. Miami has the number one run defense and that's basically all St. Louis has. And KC against Tampa, just not sure. AT least KC still has some offensive weapons in BOWE and Charles.

I was considering it until the Cushing injury. Now, I don't think so.
Watt's still there, and still unblockable so there'll be tipped passes, and a whole secondary trained to pick it off. It's made Kareem Jackson of all people a satisfactory CB2. Cushing weakens the run d, and there should be growing pains for whoever will get the green dot. I'm deciding between TB and Miami also. Both games are at home so either could play energized like the Rams last Thursday. The light's turned on for Wake, but Tampa's off their bye. Fisher might be fine with kicking field goals all day and not having to make a wr1 out of gibson/quick just yet.

For anyone that is trying to find a good waiver wire defense, I think the Miami Dolphins if they are available are a great choice for a couple reasons. First of all they rank high at PFF if you all follow the stats over there. not all of that relates to FF but sacks and total points/yds allowed has to factor in.

The real advantage to picking them is they have a fairly soft schedule the rest of the way. Bye week next week but then its the Jets, Indy(Luck is still a rookie), TEN, Buff, then you have games against NE/SF right at the final week and 1st playoff week but you also get JAX and BUF in weeks 15 and 16, I think you can safely play Miami at least 4-5 more times so you are going to get a defense you can use a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone that is trying to find a good waiver wire defense, I think the Miami Dolphins if they are available are a great choice for a couple reasons. First of all they rank high at PFF if you all follow the stats over there. not all of that relates to FF but sacks and total points/yds allowed has to factor in. The real advantage to picking them is they have a fairly soft schedule the rest of the way. Bye week next week but then its the Jets, Indy(Luck is still a rookie), TEN, Buff, then you have games against NE/SF right at the final week and 1st playoff week but you also get JAX and BUF in weeks 15 and 16, I think you can safely play Miami at least 4-5 more times so you are going to get a defense you can use a lot.
:thumbup: I have way more "irons in the fire" at RB than I'd like at this point in the season so I need this sort of roster economy right now. Hopefully by the time I need to plan for NE/SF, the RB situation will be clearer and i can take on another DEF.

I'm all-in with Tampa this week. The Chiefs are a hot mess right now and throwing Brady Quinn in the lineup and deciding mid-week on naming him the starter on the road, and getting the Bucs coming off a 2 week rest should be a good game for defensive turnovers. At least I've got my fingers crossed like the rest of you who picked up Tampa.

I'm all-in with Tampa this week. The Chiefs are a hot mess right now and throwing Brady Quinn in the lineup and deciding mid-week on naming him the starter on the road, and getting the Bucs coming off a 2 week rest should be a good game for defensive turnovers. At least I've got my fingers crossed like the rest of you who picked up Tampa.
Same. Got Miami and tb locked and loaded

anyone have the stones to roll with Tampa Bay vs. Kansas City (Brady Quinn)?
In addition to Quinn being under center, let's not forget that the Bucs played at home in Week 4, had their Bye Week in Week 5, and are home again for this Week 6 game vs the average at best Chiefs, who themselves are coming off a very physical home loss to the Ravens.Bucs have to be as healthy, rested and prepared as an NFL Team can possibly be for this game, playing an average Team who's starting their backup QB, and who's coming off a physically taxing loss, and traveling east (minor, of course, but a time zone is a time zone). Would appear to be the perfect storm, no?

Playing Tampa vs K.C.

I have Bowe and Charles....is this a good idea?

Had Giants vs Browns last week, nice match up that did not workout so well and I lost my game by 0.1 points.

:hey:I'm chalking up last week's disappointment to having short rest due to the Thursday game. I'm not playing any more Thursday players if it's at all avoidable. I have to think they bounce back with 10 days to gameplan the Bills' offense.

Are people still rolling with Tampa Bay after Talib's suspension? Might we see turnover numbers drop?
Talib is a good corner, but overrated and gets burned a lot for someone considered a "shutdown corner". Biggers has played well this year in spots. Don't let this news freak you out. The QB is still Brady Quinn. I'm starting TB in all leagues with confidence.

Users who are viewing this thread