What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zac Stacy Hype Train - Rams (1 Viewer)

I just traded for him to be my RB3. I'm all aboard the Stacy train. Choo Choo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turned down a trade offer (non-ppr)(contract league)A.Morris and Ty Hilton( or A. Jefferey) for Stacy and R.Woods. Just have to see what Stacy brings to the table. He's playing lights out...we will see

According to at least one FBG staffer, the following RBs are better propositions than Zac Stacy in dynasty:

Michael Cox

Darren Sproles

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

Danny Woodhead

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Ford

Tanner9919 said:
I missed the boat on him. The tough part is being consistent over the years. He has the talent, but will he be able to stay healthy or become another Julius jones.
:confused:
basically a lot of RB's have put together stretches where they looked great only to fizzle out when relied upon for a whole season.

let's see him finish out the season before getting too excited.
good posting. see Chris Ivory, Shonn Greene, CJ Spiller, D. Murray, P. Hillis, R. Mathews, D. McFadden, D. Williams, Mark Ingram, etc...Stacy looks great but lets see him keep it up ...As a Stacy owner I'm cautiously optimistic.
If Stacy plays the rest of this season like any of those guys did in their breakout years then I'm just fine with him.

And when did Mark Ingram or Chris Ivory have a long stretch of doing anything special?

Gawain said:
According to at least one FBG staffer, the following RBs are better propositions than Zac Stacy in dynasty:

Michael Cox

Darren Sproles

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

Danny Woodhead

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Ford
Well I would put that staffer on ignore.

Gawain said:

Michael Cox

Darren Sproles

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

Danny Woodhead

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Ford
How is this guy a FBG staffer?

Tanner9919 said:
I missed the boat on him. The tough part is being consistent over the years. He has the talent, but will he be able to stay healthy or become another Julius jones.
basically a lot of RB's have put together stretches where they looked great only to fizzle out when relied upon for a whole season.

good posting. see Chris Ivory, Shonn Greene, CJ Spiller, D. Murray, P. Hillis, R. Mathews, D. McFadden, D. Williams, Mark Ingram, etc...Stacy looks great but lets see him keep it up ...As a Stacy owner I'm cautiously optimistic.
That isn't a very good list. Most of the disappointment for those guys has been health related rather than them having a nice stretch run and then turning out to be scrubs. Even so, some of them had red flags that Stacy doesn't. Going through that list:

Ivory - had the advantage of being on a top offense that was pass first; still actually looks moderately talented when healthy; 2 down back

Greene - everybody looked good behind that line; his stretch run was only a few games at the end of the season; 2 down back

Spiller - pretty clearly still a talented player plagued by angle injuries this season

Murray - caught a couple bad defenses offguard his rookie year - the StL game propped up his stats; has looked mediocre since despite playing in a top offense

Hillis - I'll never understand that decline - his sample was a whole season with no passing game; next year injured for CLE, next year injured on KC, next year FA

Mathews - pretty clearly still a talented player plagued by coaching staffs that like backup caliber backs

DMC - obviously talented and injury prone

DeAngelo - talent always there, just not touches

Ingram - never had a stretch run; weird inclusion

The only guy on your list that wasn't injured after his breakout year was Greene (although I also consider Murray a semi-bust). He fumbled week 1 and LT took over. So if you want to caution that Stacy is an injury risk, then sure, that's a good list. If you want to list a few guys that had a nice stretch run and then fizzled the next year, the only guys I can think of off the top of my head are:

William Green

Jerome Harrison

LeShoure (I expected it, but some thought he'd be the starter this year, instead he's 3rd string)

Steve Slaton

Julius Jones

I'd say Julius Jones would be the strongest cautionary tale on the list. His second season was ok due to volume of touches, but he was clearly not the player everyone expected. Slaton had a ton of huge gains in his rookie year to offset what would've been a bunch of 3.0 ypc performances. He's a good reason to actually consider removing the long run when looking at stats.

Would you guys do Lesean and Shorts for Megatron + Stacy?
1st: Sirius XM has a channel for this.

2nd: Huh?

Meanwhile, from http://ramblinfan.com/2013/11/05/zac-stacy-making-strong-case-offensive-rookie-year/:

Despite essentially missing four weeks of the season waiting for the Rams’ coaching staff to give him a chance, here is where Zac Stacy ranks among the top running backs in the league:

Zac Stacy, Nearest Rookie

Rushing Attempts 21st, 8th (Lacy)

Rushing Yards 15th, 8th (Lacy)

Yards Per Rush (75 min.), 5th T-10th (Bernard)

Yards After Contact 10th, 5th (Lacy)

Average YAC (75 min.) 3rd, 4th (Bernard)

Forced Missed Tackles T-7th, 5th (Lacy)

“Run” Grade (via PPF) T-5th, T-5th (Lacy)

Gawain said:

Michael Cox

Darren Sproles

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

Danny Woodhead

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Ford
:lmao:

Man, Stacy and Ellington are sure making me feel better about trading away the #2 pick in my keep 5 (Bernard). I'd have a hard time putting any of those guys over them in dynasty.

Tanner9919 said:

That isn't a very good list. Most of the disappointment for those guys has been health related rather than them having a nice stretch run and then turning out to be scrubs. Even so, some of them had red flags that Stacy doesn't. Going through that list:

Ivory - had the advantage of being on a top offense that was pass first; still actually looks moderately talented when healthy; 2 down back

Greene - everybody looked good behind that line; his stretch run was only a few games at the end of the season; 2 down back

Spiller - pretty clearly still a talented player plagued by angle injuries this season

Murray - caught a couple bad defenses offguard his rookie year - the StL game propped up his stats; has looked mediocre since despite playing in a top offense

Hillis - I'll never understand that decline - his sample was a whole season with no passing game; next year injured for CLE, next year injured on KC, next year FA

Mathews - pretty clearly still a talented player plagued by coaching staffs that like backup caliber backs

DMC - obviously talented and injury prone

DeAngelo - talent always there, just not touches

Ingram - never had a stretch run; weird inclusion

The only guy on your list that wasn't injured after his breakout year was Greene (although I also consider Murray a semi-bust). He fumbled week 1 and LT took over. So if you want to caution that Stacy is an injury risk, then sure, that's a good list. If you want to list a few guys that had a nice stretch run and then fizzled the next year, the only guys I can think of off the top of my head are:

William Green

Jerome Harrison

LeShoure (I expected it, but some thought he'd be the starter this year, instead he's 3rd string)

Steve Slaton

Julius Jones

I'd say Julius Jones would be the strongest cautionary tale on the list. His second season was ok due to volume of touches, but he was clearly not the player everyone expected. Slaton had a ton of huge gains in his rookie year to offset what would've been a bunch of 3.0 ypc performances. He's a good reason to actually consider removing the long run when looking at stats.
But why should we care? Not every back is going to be a perennial Top 10 guy, but you have to hold on to the *rare* ones that look like they have a chance to do it. Remember John Stephens and Ickey Woods? Could Stacy be in their group and do a disappearing act b/c of injury ot lack of production or whatever? Of course!

But he is one of the few that looks like he has the chance to ride a multi-year-top-10 wave due to the fact that:

(1) he's a rookie and contract isnt an issue. Worst case is a hold out at some point,

(2) his coach has already made the statement fantasy owners dream of: "he's a 3-down back",

(2) his coach's job stability his relatively high

(3) he seems to have clear sailing in terms of the competitors at his position

So, unless someone is willing to pay dearly for him in a trade, you have no choice but to ride that wave in dynasty and see where it takes you b/c a 3-down RB has become a rare gem.

Turned down a trade offer (non-ppr)(contract league)A.Morris and Ty Hilton( or A. Jefferey) for Stacy and R.Woods. Just have to see what Stacy brings to the table. He's playing lights out...we will see
Not sure how contracts work, but that is a good trade to me.

But why should we care? Not every back is going to be a perennial Top 10 guy, but you have to hold on to the *rare* ones that look like they have a chance to do it. Remember John Stephens and Ickey Woods? Could Stacy be in their group and do a disappearing act b/c of injury ot lack of production or whatever? Of course!
But he is one of the few that looks like he has the chance to ride a multi-year-top-10 wave due to the fact that:

(1) he's a rookie and contract isnt an issue. Worst case is a hold out at some point,

(2) his coach has already made the statement fantasy owners dream of: "he's a 3-down back",

(2) his coach's job stability his relatively high

(3) he seems to have clear sailing in terms of the competitors at his position

So, unless someone is willing to pay dearly for him in a trade, you have no choice but to ride that wave in dynasty and see where it takes you b/c a 3-down RB has become a rare gem.
Maybe the tone of my reply got diluted. I agree with you. I was saying there are very few situations like Stacy's where a healthy player did not pan out. Tanner's list was all a bunch of guys that got injured the next year. So far Stacy has hit everything that he can on my checklist:

-produced as a primary back (rather than scatback, 3rd down back, 2 minute drill back)

-produced better than his RB teammates

-produced against legitimate defenses

-produced without the benefit of a passing attack

-produced as a pass catcher

Gawain said:

Michael Cox

Darren Sproles

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

Danny Woodhead

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Ford
How do you find this info? I have a subscription, but I don't use this. I really want to check out this person's other projections though.

Glad I traded for him now that Martin has gone on IR. Yeah, I know, no one cares, but this thread needed a bump ;)

Michael Cox

Darren Sproles

Maurice Jones-Drew

Steven Jackson

Danny Woodhead

DeAngelo Williams

Michael Ford
How do you find this info? I have a subscription, but I don't use this. I really want to check out this person's other projections though.
some staffers dont update their dyno rankings in season.

Not that in-season dyno rankings matter much

Stacy has been a godsend in this season of disappointing and hurt RBs.

Too bad he has a bye coming up next week. Who are you guys going to have to plug into his place in week 11?

Too bad he has a bye coming up next week. Who are you guys going to have to plug into his place in week 11?
i'm actually happy that his bye is next week because it seems like he has been getting knicked up every game. with a week of rest he should come back and help owners push into the playoffs.

i'm actually happy that his bye is next week because it seems like he has been getting knicked up every game. with a week of rest he should come back and help owners push into the playoffs.
That's a good point.

I might bring Ray Rice off my bench with Stacy's bye and the Bears' inability to stop the run.

This guy is pure gold! He carved up Seattle's run d, what more do you need to see before you like this guy?

This guy is pure gold! He carved up Seattle's run d, what more do you need to see before you like this guy?
I like him too but Mike James hit the Seattle D up for 150+ yards in Seattle.

They might be having issues in Seattle.

I like him too but Mike James hit the Seattle D up for 150+ yards in Seattle.They might be having issues in Seattle.
I agree. SEA run D has not been all that stout this year.
I chalk up mike James going off on Seattle because zach Stacy broke their will the week before.

I just activated him from my taxi squad and gonna start him over Gore at RB2. Gore has been solid this year, but gonna ride Stacy with the better matchup this week.

ESPN is so stupid. They have him as the #9 RB this week in their consensus rankings and then made him their #1 Flex play for the week. Why in the world would you be putting a top 10 RB in as your flex? So dumb.

I actually like Stacy as a top 5 RB play this week. He is strong up the middle and the Colts are pretty weak there against the run.

Joe Summer said:
MCguidance said:
In over Lacy for me.
Why?
Because he's outscoring him and I thought that Lacy would face a stacked box. He did and ha a very tough day. They might feed Lacy but he's not going to see the goal line opportunities like he once saw until Rodgers comes back IMO.

Have to be happy with today if you're a Stacy owner - didn't do much on the ground, but got the goal line carry and ended up with around 20 points in a PPR league. That's what RB1s do.

Have to be happy with today if you're a Stacy owner - didn't do much on the ground, but got the goal line carry and ended up with around 20 points in a PPR league. That's what RB1s do.
14.8 in a 1 pt. PPR
Ok cool, well he scored 20 in my league and that's 1 pt PPR. In any case, if that's his floor, it's pretty good.
He had 68 total yards, 2 recpt, 1 td. How do you get 20 points? BTW I was happy with his performance.

We get some fractional points for carries too I think - I think it works out at 0.3 per carry.

In any case, don't want to derail the thread talking about my league's dumb scoring system lol

14.8 in a 1 pt. PPR
Ok cool, well he scored 20 in my league and that's 1 pt PPR. In any case, if that's his floor, it's pretty good.
He had 68 total yards, 2 recpt, 1 td. How do you get 20 points? BTW I was happy with his performance.
bonus points for certain number of carries?

Users who are viewing this thread