What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zonovan Knight, RB NYJ (1 Viewer)

How do we rank him WITH Carter? Tough matchup this week. Is he a high end RB2, low end RB2, or FLEX?
Flex I think. I currently have him in over Robert woods and Ken Walker (tbd, questionable status). If Walker plays it will be a hard choice imo as I don’t think he gets his normal workload.

ESPN's Rich Cimini expects Zonovan Knight to get "most of the carries" in the Jets' Week 14 game against the Bills.​

This is just one beat writer's opinion, but Cimini is as plugged into the Jets as any reporter, while it echoes what coach Robert Saleh said earlier this week. Cimini expects a returning Michael Carter to get "a share," and for Ty Johnson to play most third downs. Knight is the only one we would feel enthusiastic about FLEXing, but with six teams on bye, Carter and Johnson are both top-40 relevant at running back.
RELATED:
SOURCE: Rich Cimini on Twitter
Dec 11, 2022, 11:41 AM ET

seems like it's his job

have started him the last two weeks

TBH I think he gets what is there, nothing amazing, but a fresh leg banger is a nice thing to have in December
Coming into today he is 2nd in the NFL in missed tackles among RBs behind only Josh Jacobs . I don't know what the number was from today but it was definitely tough sledding out there and he produced anyway. I think he broke two tackles on his TD run.

ETA I meant to say over the last 2 weeks

Last edited:
seems like it's his job

TBH I think he gets what is there, nothing amazing, but a fresh leg banger is a nice thing to have in December
Coming into today he is 2nd in the NFL in missed tackles among RBs behind only Josh Jacobs. I don't know what the number was from today but it was definitely tough sledding out there and he produced anyway. I think he broke two tackles on his TD run.

he seems like a Robert Saleh kind of back don’t he?

we’re going to run….we’re going to run this guy…you won’t be ready to stop it

tried to tell ya. hey, go again?

seems like it's his job

There's a different level of satisfaction to it when the long gone trio of RBs you originally drafted included Breece Hall. This plan might come together after all.

I could reply to all of you. Let's go Bam!

Something like 3-4 weeks ago I picked of Z Knight and dropped him a week later with news of Carter returning to the 3-4 headed RBBC monster lurking. Well, No one picked him up last week for fear of this I'm sure. I went back to the well and nabbed him dropping Mostert. Knight likely will start this week in the RB #2 or Flex spot against my Lions. Love the Lions and the JETS this year. Points galore again? OHHH, starting G Wilson too. Gosh, perhaps two NY JETS in the starting lineup. And I have swifty Swift waiting to see if he gets the play this week, or not.

Edit: Bam Bam is what came to mind from the Flintstones lol

Just read that the DET defense is top 3 against the run since week 7. How do we think Bam will fair this week? I think this game will be close all the way through.

Not a smash start, but I think he's viable.

My Stevenson team is pivoting to Latavius Murray, but ultimately Chris Moore as the flex. I would rather have Knight.

My Stevenson team is pivoting to Latavius Murray, but ultimately Chris Moore as the flex. I would rather have Knight.
I posted this in another thread as well but I have to decide between Knight and Lockett (who plays tonight) in a non-ppr league. On paper, they both have tough matchups.

I posted this in another thread as well but I have to decide between Knight and Lockett (who plays tonight) in a non-ppr league. On paper, they both have tough matchups.
Tough call for sure. In my 1/2 ppr I'd go Lockett, but I'm so far removed from standard scoring at this point. I can see where the floor of a #1 rb would trump Lockett's matchup, even if the Lions have been good against the run.

Mike White out Zach Wilson in. This lowers my enthusiasm for Bam dramatically. I'll have to go top to bottom again and check options but dang.

I was planning on starting Knight as FLEX but with the Wilson news I am now rolling with Brian Robinson instead. Good luck all.

Of course, they'll probably run the ball more now. Detroit has been pretty good against the run. It's not like Wilson will be out there extending drives. Ugh. I actually kind of wish there weren't games tomorrow.

Zonovan Knight (foot/ankle) left the Jets’ Week 15 game against the Lions.​

Michael Carter has taken over for Knight at running back. Knight was seen still on the sideline, but wasn’t able to muster up much while he was in the game. He’s questionable to return after rushing 12 times for 21 yards.
Dec 18, 2022, 3:29 PM ET

Zonovan Knight (foot/ankle) left the Jets’ Week 15 game against the Lions.​

Michael Carter has taken over for Knight at running back. Knight was seen still on the sideline, but wasn’t able to muster up much while he was in the game. He’s questionable to return after rushing 12 times for 21 yards.
Dec 18, 2022, 3:29 PM ET

FYI he came back in

This guy was being talked about by folks that had decent frontline RBs that might have been falling on hard times recently
I would say hew as a B-B-Bust on Sunday

This guy was being talked about by folks that had decent frontline RBs that might have been falling on hard times recently
I would say hew as a B-B-Bust on Sunday
Rough matchup; fantasy teams that started him prob had no other options. Lions run D has been great the past month

FYI he came back in
I was watching the game but missed that. Thanks.
Still something to monitor, as I believe the jets are the Thursday game. It only matters if Mike White is playing though.

I was flipping a coin Sunday morning between him and L. Murray. I chose... poorly and sweated out my playoff game for it, but survived. I'd really like if Bam and White are good to go Thursday.

FYI he came back in
Still something to monitor, as I believe the jets are the Thursday game. It only matters if Mike White is playing though.

I was flipping a coin Sunday morning between him and L. Murray. I chose... poorly and sweated out my playoff game for it, but survived. I'd really like if Bam and White are good to go Thursday.
white isn’t playing so find another option. No shot in hell I’m starting Bam on TNF

So if Wilson at QB hurts Knight's value, does the impending bad weather (steady rain and 10-15 mph winds) give him a bump back up? They may rely on the run game moreso than usual on Thursday.

So if Wilson at QB hurts Knight's value, does the impending bad weather (steady rain and 10-15 mph winds) give him a bump back up? They may rely on the run game moreso than usual on Thursday.
IMO Wilson only hurts his value in the passing game as he's not as prone to dump off as White.

In other words Wilson was not responsible for Knight gaining 23 yards on 13 totes. He was responsible for his zero in the receiving game which he needs to lift his ceiling/floor and I need it to increase my confidence in putting him in a lineup.

Ideally I'm sure the Jets would like to lean on Knight/running game more but that will depend on if Knight is successful because they wanted to lean on the running game last week as well.

FYI he came back in

He's suddenly questionable. I don't think he was on the report earlier in the week. (?)

IMO Wilson only hurts his value in the passing game as he's not as prone to dump off as White.

I also think defenses (like the Jags might and Detroit last week did) are going to dare Wilson to beat them with the pass and stack the box. Just my opinion.

FYI he came back in

He's suddenly questionable. I don't think he was on the report earlier in the week. (?)

Full practice and then he popped up as questionable. Never a good sign.

That said, he hit the medical tent VS the Lions and missed a few series. Came back and had one 2 yard run at the beginning of their last TD drive.

After JT’s ankle this season, I’m having nightmareish flashbacks seeing him listed questionable with an ankle after being off the injury report the first 2 days. Even if it were just walk throughs, I’m concerned and don’t think I want to chance it.

Sadly my only other options are Chuba and Deon Jackson, which is the only thing that has me considering Bam still.

With Robinson inactive it seems likely Bam is fully healthy.
I'm rolling with him over Latavius, Akers, Burks this week. Don't like the overall outlook of the offense, but they should be run heavy and jax is less formidable against the run than the lions recently. Let's go Bam!

Playing him in the Scott Fish Bowl Semis over Brian Robinson. Also playing him in a $$ league in the Semi-Finals. Going to be the most interesting Jets game of the year for me.

Zonovan Knight (ankle) is active for Week 16 against the Jaguars.​

Knight created a bit of heartburn when an ankle tweak landed him on the Wednesday injury report as questionable, but he is still ready to go on the short week. James Robinson's healthy scratch more or less confirms the Jets are not worried about Knight's health. With wet and windy conditions expected in East Rutherford, Knight has some RB2 appeal despite his Week 15 dud against the Lions. Joining Robinson as inactive for the Jets are QB Mike White, WR Denzel Mims, S Lamarcus Joyner, WR Jeff Smith, TE Jeremy Ruckert and CB Brandin Echols.
Dec 22, 2022, 6:52 PM ET

Zonovan Knight (ankle) is active for Week 16 against the Jaguars.​

Knight created a bit of heartburn when an ankle tweak landed him on the Wednesday injury report as questionable, but he is still ready to go on the short week. James Robinson's healthy scratch more or less confirms the Jets are not worried about Knight's health. With wet and windy conditions expected in East Rutherford, Knight has some RB2 appeal despite his Week 15 dud against the Lions. Joining Robinson as inactive for the Jets are QB Mike White, WR Denzel Mims, S Lamarcus Joyner, WR Jeff Smith, TE Jeremy Ruckert and CB Brandin Echols.
Dec 22, 2022, 6:52 PM ET
But do we start him Faust! Bahhhhhhhh!

I sat Knight tonight. As much as I want him to do poorly to justify my decision, it would actually be great to see him score a lot so I have confidence in starting him next week.

Zonovan Knight rushed six times for -2 yards in the Jets' Week 16 loss to the Jaguars, adding a 15-yard reception.​

With Zach Wilson imploding before the nation's streaming eyes, it was impossible for the Jets' run game to get into rhythm. Of course, Knight and company didn't help, failing to bust a run longer than six yards, save for gadget quarterback Chris Streveler. He managed a 14-yard carry as the Jags tried to get their wits about them following Wilson's third quarter benching. Although Knight still led this backfield this evening, he will obviously be difficult to trust as an RB2 for Week 17 against the Seahawks. He should remain FLEX relevant if Mike White's ribs have healed enough to return under center.
Dec 22, 2022, 11:41 PM ET

I sat Knight tonight. As much as I want him to do poorly to justify my decision, it would actually be great to see him score a lot so I have confidence in starting him next week.
Well crap, don't know how I can start him next week either, even in a dream matchup.

Anyone even considering this guy at flex in their championship lineup? White is back at QB, weak opponent, but Knight has 2 straight duds.

I have to decide between this guy and Tyler Allgier in the FBG players championship. Sitting at 7th overall within striking distance. This could be a $500,000 decision.

I have to decide between this guy and Tyler Allgier in the FBG players championship. Sitting at 7th overall within striking distance. This could be a $500,000 decision.
I'm starting Knight in 1 league, would kill to have Allgier. That's the way I would go. Good luck brother.

Going Allgeier most leagues where I have him
Not that anyone should listen to me but I like him better than say Aaron Jones this week just as a barometer
I'll eat those words but right now it feels like Allgeier could have a day like say Penny had down the stretch last year for the Seahawks

Users who are viewing this thread