What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cam Bailing on that Fumble... (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
When the team goes back and watches the game and sees that, they'll think WHAT of their QB?

Admittedly, I dont like Cam, but thay was tje biggest ##### move Ive seen a pro athlete make in a long while. When the SB hangs in the balance no less.

Jeez

It deserves a thread. That will be his lasting memory for the Super Bowl. Kind of like McNabb puking.

Meh, his ### had already been kicked up and down the field. It's not like he was going to do something spectacular if he got the ball back.

Last edited by a moderator:
You might have noticed the large offensive lineman diving in. Seemed to me Cam was trying to not get hit by his own guy. Cam was on the ground trying to get the ball.

You might have noticed the large offensive lineman diving in. Seemed to me Cam was trying to not get hit by his own guy. Cam was on the ground trying to get the ball.
Agreed. Saw that when I saw the replay, looked like the lineman was diving in and he was stepping back to see if he got it or it was punched backward, it went backward and he dived for it then.

I agree. Totally overblown by Simms. If that was Manning they would've said it was smart football

When he's winning, he's got the biggest smile on his face and dabbin' non-stop. Tonight you saw his true character, a Punk. Little kid who pouts when he can't get his way, was served humble pie. He needs to learn class and how to be respectful.

When he's winning, he's got the biggest smile on his face and dabbin' non-stop. Tonight you saw his true character, a Punk. Little kid who pouts when he can't get his way, was served humble pie. He needs to learn class and how to be respectful.
Dog whistle words

Yeah, I saw D. Ware going for the ball and Cam backing away - no way to defend Cam's decision to not dive on the ball when only Ware's arm was reaching out for it.

Link

It was a bad moment in a bad game by Cam for sure don't really know what was going on there. Denver pretty much kicked their ### all night long though, they had no answer for Miller and Ware.

When asked about it in the post game interview he pretty much just walked out so we don't really know what he was thinking. Bet he'll talk more in the next couple of days.

watching the replays is hilarious...

he thought about it, and gave it a "hell nah, I'm Cam newton"

You know that old intangible "toughness"? Cam proved he doesn't have much. You fumbled, you dive on the ball.

Any other player would risk their starting position if they continually lost fumbles. But not diving into his own mistake? That's a bad look.

People hate certain players for all kind of reasons, but most of them leave everything out on the field. Cam not having the internal fortitude to dive on that ball was inexplicable. That was pretty sad.

My hesitant motivation for defending the guy is gone. That press conference was as chicken crap as his play at the end of the game.

No longer a Cam fan.

Dive for the ball, it's the championship game.

That plus his post game presser makes him the ultimate loser.

He's a front runner.

If you're gonna dance and dab when you're ahead, take the loss like a man, and show some sportsmanship.

Yikes that looks terrible. It's a split second decision but he bailed and didn't want to get hit. Probably instinct which is the scariest part. I'm 5'6" and would have thrown myself in the middle of that especially in the super bowl...

I thought he was getting out of the way of the OL who was diving and had a clean shot at the ball...

I'm on the side of a Cam defender in most cases. His "antics" never bothered me. This entire game was different. He was a baby until the very last hit he took in the end zone. The point that really turned me off is when the defense got a penalty in the end zone and he was rolling around on the sidelines. Maybe he'll change or maybe it was one bad day, but he was nowhere near a leader on Sunday night.

I'm fairly neutral on Cam, but I think it's a bit rich for a bunch of jamokes in the comfort of their own living room to question the toughness of a guy who last year played a week after breaking his back in a car accident.

I'm fairly neutral on Cam, but I think it's a bit rich for a bunch of jamokes in the comfort of their own living room to question the toughness of a guy who last year played a week after breaking his back in a car accident.
Us jamokes watching from our couches pay their salary. And we've all watched enough football to know when a guy didn't make an effort. I would expect 40 year old Peyton Manning to decide to let the athletes fight for the ball. But not a 6'6" 250 guy who loves diving head first into the end zone even when he's uncontested.

Dabbin...what a stupid ####### phrase and action...

And im willing to bet the ownership was happy he didnt dive into that scrum and get hurt...hes the franchise...the golden goose....live to play another day so to speak...but as a fan that was a cowards way of playing a mans sport like football

He dove harder at the ground after Norman got the defensive holding penalty in the end zone than he did 'going' for the fumble.

And im willing to bet the ownership was happy he didnt dive into that scrum and get hurt...hes the franchise...the golden goose....live to play another day so to speak...but as a fan that was a cowards way of playing a mans sport like football
I wouldn't even buy this argument in September, let alone in the Super Bowl were he has 8 months or so before he has to play another meaningful game.

I'll take that bet and give you 100-1 odds.

Dude spent the last 5 months changing the perception of how the world saw him....he became a professional, a leader, someone who could be counted on and quite possibly the best QB for the next 5-10 years......and he threw it all away. What an embarrassing effort.

He "posterized" himself....in this day and age of internet meme's and social media no one will ever forget Cowardly Cam in Super Bowl 50.

Users who are viewing this thread