What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

All-time cereal draft (2 Viewers)

I think everyone should be given the chance to replace one of their cereal picks with an undrafted cereal. Comments....
Then why did you draft said cereal in the first place? Did the cereal get put on injured reserve?

I would have figured going into this the 3 core monsters and 2 periphrial monsters would have gone. But you guys leave Yummy Mummy on the board, so be it.Most of the marquee 80's cereals were knocked off the board. I can't think of another one from that era of any consequence.

Alright, here's a few that I thought could have been drafted.

Gimmick Cereals:

Kellogg's C3PO's They were decent tasting, but the kicker is the Star Wars mask you got on the back of every box.

E.T. Cereal (Scroll down for description). I ate these on a daily basis as a kid.

Healthy Cereals:

Cracklin Oat Bran. Its like pouring milk over super-sweet granola bars. Tastes great out of the box, too.

Wheat Chex. Boring. But very good. Here's the proper way to eat them: Fill the bowl halfway with Wheat Chex. Poor milk almost to the level of the cereal. Pour a 1/4 inch layer of sugar over the cereal, making sure to cover every tasty brown square. Grab your spoon and enjoy. For those of you who will not click the link above, here is a poem from that link:

Oh, Chex of Wheat. Oh, blessed Chex.

Oh, Atkins-shunned bowl of rapture.

Thy carbs are complex. Thy fiber, divine.

My tummy is full of your whole-grain goodness.

Like tiny, caramel-colored, corduroy, throw pillows

Lost in a sea of regret and skim milk.

I add two teaspoons of sugar.

It forms a sludge on the bottom.

While I eat, I read the box.

“CONTAINS WHEAT INGREDIENTS.”

So do I, my friend.

So do I.
I'll see if I can come up with more later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, here's a few that I thought could have been drafted.

Gimmick Cereals:

Kellogg's C3PO's They were decent tasting, but the kicker is the Star Wars mask you got on the back of every box.

E.T. Cereal (Scroll down for description). I ate these on a daily basis as a kid.

Healthy Cereals:

Cracklin Oat Bran. Its like pouring milk over super-sweet granola bars. Tastes great out of the box, too.

Wheat Chex. Boring. But very good. Here's the proper way to eat them: Fill the bowl halfway with Wheat Chex. Poor milk almost to the level of the cereal. Pour a 1/4 inch layer of sugar over the cereal, making sure to cover every tasty brown square. Grab your spoon and enjoy.

I'll see if I can come up with more later.
There's a boatload of gimmick cereals still out there and quite a few "healthy" cereals also.

Strongly considered by my team:Fruity Freakies - The Fruity version of the cult fav sleeper pickYummy Mummy - Basically the same cereal as Fruit Brute, so I let it goHoney Graham Life - Would have filled my void in the "Honey and Graham" department. This was the last pick eliminated prior to the selection of the Smurfberries.Punch Crunch - Another one from the Cap'n Crunch family. But I figured with Jean LaFoote on board, I didn't need the hippo.

As for Cracklin Oat Bran, this was my favorite "healthy" cereal growing up. I thought about picking it number of times, but passed, as I thought no one else in the world could possibly appreciate it.

Can we start posting cereals that should have been drafted?
Drafts over so I don't see why not.
box1309.jpg
...even found the box that contained the refridgerator magnet I used to have.

:excited:

Anyone ever have these besides me? or even remember them?
Read some reviews on this. Don't remember it at all.

As for Cracklin Oat Bran, this was my favorite "healthy" cereal growing up. I thought about picking it number of times, but passed, as I thought no one else in the world could possibly appreciate it.
You appropriately put healthy in paranthesis, as I think the sugar content was actually pretty high in them. I loved them.

You appropriately put healthy in paranthesis, as I think the sugar content was actually pretty high in them. I loved them.
Such a solid cereal, I thought I was the only one who discovered this gem. Not only was it chocked with sugar (and a suprisingly high fat content) it was by far the most expensive cereal by weight in the store at the time I liked it. I now go for the bulk granolas with natural sugars instead of this stuff.

I PMed shuke that I thought it was an obvious omission.

Everyone else's roster, but Shuke and myself went to crap at about round 6 or 7. I vote Shuke as the undisputed winner. Not that I deserve 2nd place, I don't, but at least I maintained my course of picking legit cereals. As did Shuke. My vote goes to Shuke. :yes: Job well done on the commish role as well. :thumbup:
:thumbup:

Others that didn't make the cut:

Quake - The companion to Quisp... also very tastey

Crazy Cow - never had it, but I remember it

Frosted Rice

OK's - These were actually good!

Puffa Puffa Rice - These were AWESOME! Brown sugar rice krispies.

I'm afraid that with with average age of FBG posters being significantly lower than mine, many of these older classics will go unappreciated.

As I had alluded to, I was reallying wanting Donkey Kong and Smurfberry Crunch in my last 2 spots. I initally regretted passing on SBC when it was taken before my 10th round pick, but maybe it was for the better since that pick was not very well received.I'm not sure if some of that haters have even had that cereal, but it was extremely good, one of my favorites.Here are the other top undrafted cereals I was contemplating for the last pick:Cw postStrawberry shortcakeRainbow BriteFruity FreakiesYummy MummyGhostbustersCW Post is probably in my personal top 10 of all time, but I was afraid no one would even know what it was. I couldn't even find a pic of the box anywhere on the internet.I was leaning towards Strawberry shortcake pretty heavily at one point, as it also was a very tasty cereal and one, along the lines of SBC, that was short-lived due to its ties to a transient pop culture phenomenon.Rest of my draft board, in no particular order:Quake's Orange QuangaroosOrange Flavored KombosStarsKlondike Pete's Crunchy NuggetsCrunchy LoggsCorn CrackosHoney Crunch Corn FlakesOatmeal Crisp Raisin Raisin Bran CrunchC3PO'sgrape nuts flakesQuaker Toasted OatmealRaisin Nut BranE.T. CerealPunch CrunchDunkin Donuts CerealBill and Ted's Excellent CerealTeenage Mutant Ninja Turtle smurf magic berriesCabbage Patch Kids CerealClackersCrispy CrittersDouble Dip CrunchGooniesWWF Wrestlemania VII cerealCinnamon Crunch CrispixWheat ChexCorn ChexMulti-Bran ChexHoney Nut ChexChex Morning Mix - CinnamonChex Morning Mix - Fruit & NutChex Morning Mix - Honey & NutQuaker Oatmeal Squares Brown SugarQuaker Oatmeal Squares CinnamonFruit HarvestFrosted mini wheats - cin/brown sugarcracklin oat branhoney nut clustersorange blossomSprinkle Spangles Mr. Wonderfull's Suprize CerealCircus Fun Magic Puffs marshmallow alpha-bitsbran flakesbrown sugar and oat totalBlueberry MorningCranberry Almond CrunchCinna-Cluster Raisin BranFruit N FibreCrazy CowCracklin’ Oat BranHoney bunches of oats (Almond)SlimerDonkey Kong JuniorCabbage Patch Kids The JetsonsBarbieFruit IslandsG.I. Joe Action Stars Addams Family SpidermanBatmanBatman Returns Grins and Smiles and Giggles and LaughsVanilla Cookie CrispOatmeal Cookie CrispDinky DonutsGremlinsCracker Jack CerealHot Wheels Cereal Dinersaurs Morning FunniesMoonstonesPrince of ThievesMackrel PopsVanilly CrunchQuakeQ-Bert CerealSuperman

A little bit of draft critique:

Biggest Reach: Donutz as the 1.3 pick. Some folks haven't even heard of this cereal, and it goes at the 3 spot. The equivalent of drafting Justin Fargas in the first round.

Biggest Fall out of the First Round: Wheaties at 2.10. No, not the best tasting cereal ever, but an icon, the Breakfast of Champoins. Honorable mention goes to Trix at 2.7

Best Late Round Pick Up: Cinnamon Life at 8.5. The eighth round? Are you kidding me? Superior to the original in every way. Honorable mention to Smurfberry Crunch at 10.2

Cereal That Should Have Never Been Drafted: There are several, most of which are on rikishiboy's team. However, the worst cereal drafted is Product 19 at 10.8. Wheelhouse even admits that its the last cereal eaten out of the Kellogg's variety pack, and he still drafts it. The name itself suggests that it is some sort of experiment gone awry. "Are you done with the testing on Product 19, Mr. Smith?"

Biggest Reach: Donutz as the 1.3 pick. Some folks haven't even heard of this cereal, and it goes at the 3 spot. The equivalent of drafting Justin Fargas in the first round.

Biggest Fall out of the First Round: Wheaties at 2.10. No, not the best tasting cereal ever, but an icon, the Breakfast of Champoins. Honorable mention goes to Trix at 2.7

Best Late Round Pick Up: Cinnamon Life at 8.5. The eighth round? Are you kidding me? Superior to the original in every way. Honorable mention to Smurfberry Crunch at 10.2

Cereal That Should Have Never Been Drafted: There are several, most of which are on rikishiboy's team. However, the worst cereal drafted is Product 19 at 10.8. Wheelhouse even admits that its the last cereal eaten out of the Kellogg's variety pack, and he still drafts it. The name itself suggests that it is some sort of experiment gone awry. "Are you done with the testing on Product 19, Mr. Smith?"
Great analysis. Especially agree with the Cinnamon Life commentary. Shuke's downfall was drafting Reese's Puffs in the 5th, Crispix in the 6th and Donkey Kong in the 9th.

Thanks to Shuke for being a gracious commish for this draft. I want to thank all the judges and commentators who took the time to post their opinions........without them this would have just been another draft. I don't think a lot of people gave this draft much of a chance when it started out, but it has turned out to be a real gem.As far as voting goes..........it's a crapshoot. If people get out the alias's etc....it'll take away from the validty, but I guess that's part of the system. I'm proud of my squad of 10, it's a solid lineup. If all I could eat are my 10 cereals for the rest of my breakfast life, I'd bet set.I think someone mentioned earlier possible choices for Overall No. 1 cereals that you could have selected........and in his list Fruit Loops and Trix were mentioned for NO.1 Overall......they are my first 2 choices....which I feel stack up against any.Throw in a couple monster cereals in Count Chocula and Frute Brute, Life, a cheerios selection, and the Big German in the 10th round, my draft is as good as anyone's.I don't know if geography or age has anything to do with people perceptions of cereals, but I'm in my early/mid 30's and have always lived in Detroit.
"I want to thank all the judges and commentators who took the time to post their opinions........without them this would have just been another draft. "You're not trying to suck up are you??? :D BTW, wise choice in leaving that scooby-doo bone cereal, smores, and flutie out of your defense of your solid team. :rotflmao: Aside from those 3 picks though, I would rank you among the best. :thumbup: And no one had a "perfect draft". The vote should prove interesting.

As I had alluded to, I was reallying wanting Donkey Kong and Smurfberry Crunch in my last 2 spots. I initally regretted passing on SBC when it was taken before my 10th round pick, but maybe it was for the better since that pick was not very well received.I'm not sure if some of that haters have even had that cereal, but it was extremely good, one of my favorites.Here are the other top undrafted cereals I was contemplating for the last pick:Cw postStrawberry shortcakeRainbow BriteFruity FreakiesYummy MummyGhostbusters
:penalty: Ghostbusters is nothing more than Lucky Charms with different marsh. colors and shapes. Wouldn't have gotten past the clone police.

Shuke's downfall was drafting Reese's Puffs in the 5th, Crispix in the 6th and Donkey Kong in the 9th.
Reese's puffs was a little bit of a reach, but peanut butter and chocolate for breakfast? Come on.As for Crispix at 6.5, other than my Cin Life pick in the 8th, can you name one other cereal taken after 6.5 that has the same level of name recognition and staying power as Crispix? Didn't think so.Donkey Kong rules.

As I had alluded to, I was reallying wanting Donkey Kong and Smurfberry Crunch in my last 2 spots. I initally regretted passing on SBC when it was taken before my 10th round pick, but maybe it was for the better since that pick was not very well received.I'm not sure if some of that haters have even had that cereal, but it was extremely good, one of my favorites.Here are the other top undrafted cereals I was contemplating for the last pick:Cw postStrawberry shortcakeRainbow BriteFruity FreakiesYummy MummyGhostbusters
:penalty: Ghostbusters is nothing more than Lucky Charms with different marsh. colors and shapes. Wouldn't have gotten past the clone police.
A lot of these cereals are variations of others. If you can tell the difference between a bowl of Ghostbusters and LC based on visual analysis alone, I don't know how you can call it a clone.

I'm going to set up the first round polls. Two divisions of 5 (split by draft position) with top 2 from each plus one wild card advancing to round 2.

Clearly these cereals, while not first round material, are far better than some of the crap that was selected (in no particular order):Grins and Smiles and Giggles and Laughs Cracklin Oat BranWheat ChexCorn ChexFruity FreakiesQuakeFruit N FiberCereals that should not have been taken, so don't beat yourself up about:Yummy Mummy (as stated the red-headed ******* step-child of the monster cereal family)Punch Crunch (ostricized former member of the Cap'n Crunch cereal family)Blast From the Past Awards:1. Freakies2. Jean LaFoote's Cinnamon Crunch Cereal3. Grins and Smiles and Giggles and Laughs (undrafted - big mistake)All in all, an extremely entertaining draft guys! Thanks especially for making some horrendous picks...that's where the fun lies! :D

Shuke's downfall was drafting Reese's Puffs in the 5th, Crispix in the 6th and Donkey Kong in the 9th.
Reese's puffs was a little bit of a reach, but peanut butter and chocolate for breakfast? Come on.As for Crispix at 6.5, other than my Cin Life pick in the 8th, can you name one other cereal taken after 6.5 that has the same level of name recognition and staying power as Crispix? Didn't think so.Donkey Kong rules.
:penalty: Hold on thar, mister!After you selected Reese's, didn't you claim to not even know it had chocolate in it?PS. you should've listened to the Fruity Freakies/Baron Von RB adice!!!

From Shuke's list, some of the one's I like:Wheat Chex - a little bit of sugar turns these into some good stuff. Just had two bowls this morning, in fact. Can put just about any fruit (bananas, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries) on top, too. And they are one of those denser cereals. You're not eating air like so many others.Quaker Toasted Oatmeal - got to be one of the most underrated cereals. I have trouble stopping when I start eating these. Cracklin’ Oat Bran - basically oatmeal cookies in a box. Only sweeter. Good as an add-in to non-sugar cereals like Wheaties.E.T. - forget the alien, this was awesome. Chocolate and peanut butter in one bowl. Reese's Puffs before Reese's Puffs came along.All in all, great draft. After knocking out the weakest 2 or 3 teams, it's gonna be a dogfight IMO...

Thanks to Shuke for being a gracious commish for this draft. I want to thank all the judges and commentators who took the time to post their opinions........without them this would have just been another draft. I don't think a lot of people gave this draft much of a chance when it started out, but it has turned out to be a real gem.As far as voting goes..........it's a crapshoot. If people get out the alias's etc....it'll take away from the validty, but I guess that's part of the system. I'm proud of my squad of 10, it's a solid lineup. If all I could eat are my 10 cereals for the rest of my breakfast life, I'd bet set.I think someone mentioned earlier possible choices for Overall No. 1 cereals that you could have selected........and in his list Fruit Loops and Trix were mentioned for NO.1 Overall......they are my first 2 choices....which I feel stack up against any.Throw in a couple monster cereals in Count Chocula and Frute Brute, Life, a cheerios selection, and the Big German in the 10th round, my draft is as good as anyone's.I don't know if geography or age has anything to do with people perceptions of cereals, but I'm in my early/mid 30's and have always lived in Detroit.
"I want to thank all the judges and commentators who took the time to post their opinions........without them this would have just been another draft. "You're not trying to suck up are you??? :D BTW, wise choice in leaving that scooby-doo bone cereal, smores, and flutie out of your defense of your solid team. :rotflmao: Aside from those 3 picks though, I would rank you among the best. :thumbup: And no one had a "perfect draft". The vote should prove interesting.
Remember, Flutie Flakes isn't on my team, Ice Cream Cones Cereal was brought onto the roster.

Thanks to Shuke for being a gracious commish for this draft.  I want to thank all the judges and commentators who took the time to post their opinions........without them this would have just been another draft.  I don't think a lot of people gave this draft much of a chance when it started out, but it has turned out to be a real gem.As far as voting goes..........it's a crapshoot. If people get out the alias's etc....it'll take away from the validty, but I guess that's part of the system. I'm proud of my squad of 10, it's a solid lineup.  If all I could eat are my 10 cereals for the rest of my breakfast life, I'd bet set.I think someone mentioned earlier possible choices for Overall No. 1 cereals that you could have selected........and in his list Fruit Loops and Trix were mentioned for NO.1 Overall......they are my first 2 choices....which I feel stack up against any.Throw in a couple monster cereals in Count Chocula and Frute Brute, Life, a cheerios selection, and the Big German in the 10th round, my draft is as good as anyone's.I don't know if geography or age has anything to do with people perceptions of cereals, but I'm in my early/mid 30's and have always lived in Detroit.
Remember, Flutie Flakes isn't on my team, Ice Cream Cones Cereal was brought onto the roster.
ah, thanks.i'll update my....um...er...excel spreadsheet :bag: :bag: :bag: cereal :nerd:

:penalty: Hold on thar, mister!After you selected Reese's, didn't you claim to not even know it had chocolate in it?PS. you should've listened to the Fruity Freakies/Baron Von RB adice!!!
I know I thought they were only PB, but finding out they had chocolate in them was a pleasant surprise. As I had alluded to, this realization caused a major shakeup of my draft strategy, as I had E.T. slotted for my 9th round pick.

I printed page one and took it to the crapper. I now have the teams ranked in rough order, and there were a couple of shockers. I need clarification on one important item. Which was invented first, Frosted Wheaties or Buc Wheats?

I personally thought the Recees pick was solid at that spot. I think you were right there through the first five rounds. And Cinnamon Life was great. You lost ground or coasted on rounds 7,9 and 10 while afew others hit the accelerator. The 'stolen' picks hurt you. jmhops- Great Concept :thumbup:

The only pick I would like to have back was the Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. I looked at the Cinn. Life at that point and didn't really think it was as liked by other people as it was by me but I see now that it was.I had a couple of different guys recommend Freakies, and I'm glad I listened to them. :thumbup:

I personally thought the Recees pick was solid at that spot. I think you were right there through the first five rounds. And Cinnamon Life was great. You lost ground or coasted on rounds 7,9 and 10 while afew others hit the accelerator. The 'stolen' picks hurt you. jmhops- Great Concept :thumbup:
:goodposting:Still think Shuke's team is very good, perhaps the best, but steam was lost towards the end of the draft. This was all very entertaining! :thumbup:

The only pick I would like to have back was the Apple Cinnamon Cheerios. I looked at the Cinn. Life at that point and didn't really think it was as liked by other people as it was by me but I see now that it was.I had a couple of different guys recommend Freakies, and I'm glad I listened to them. :thumbup:
Don't second guess. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios is a very solid cereal and one of the reasons I voted for you. I thought it was a steal.

Don't second guess. Apple Cinnamon Cheerios is a very solid cereal and one of the reasons I voted for you. I thought it was a steal.
:thumbup: I appreciate it.

okay many of my late round picks were reaches, but it was hard for me to remember cereals...anyway I just want to say that as far as getting an icon late, I think my Corn Flakes pick deserves some credit. Here in Japan, its not called cereal...its called corn flakes, no matter what it is really. (about 5 types, up from 2 only a few years ago)

Users who are viewing this thread