What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I can throw a Ritz cracker 150 yds. (1 Viewer)

I can list all the prepositions in the english language in alphabetical order in less than 10 seconds. :nerd:I've earned so many free drinks and beers over the years with this one that I've lost count.

I can list all the prepositions in the english language in alphabetical order in less than 10 seconds. :nerd:

I've earned so many free drinks and beers over the years with this one that I've lost count.
All of them? How many are there?

I'm pretty sure it is not possible to throw a Ritz cracker 100 yards.I would be impressed if someone could make it sixty yards.I say this after an evening of experimentation flinging Ritz carckers down the street last night - which was puzzling and entertaining to many of the neighbors who came out to watch and wonder.I've been playing Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf for more that twenty years. I can throw a golf disc about 330 feet. I can throw a regular playing card more than fifty feet. I own a couple boomerangs and can throw them proficiently. So I felt confident that I could master the technique of cracker flinging to approach the 100 yard mark if indeed it was possible.With a slight wind at my back I began with a brand new box of crackers and three step run-up and launched them side-arm, skipping a rock style throw - they flew about thirty yards and dive bombed into the ground.I experimented with this technique with salted side up and salted side down, with the same results.I then moved to a boomerang throw - overhand technique. This kept the crackers aloft a little longer with a maximum distance of about forty-five yards. I tried the ninja throwing star type of flinging technique - which stabilized the flight quite a bit, but lost a lot of velocity. Maximum distances of about thirty five yards were reached.At the end, I had gone through two sleeves of crackers, my arms were dead, and the neighborhood dogs were having a field day with the cracker-littered street.I would love to see you do this - and if you have a trick or different technique, then let me know - I still have two more sleeves of crackers waiting...

I'm pretty sure it is not possible to throw a Ritz cracker 100 yards.

I would be impressed if someone could make it sixty yards.

I say this after an evening of experimentation flinging Ritz carckers down the street last night - which was puzzling and entertaining to many of the neighbors who came out to watch and wonder.

I've been playing Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf for more that twenty years. I can throw a golf disc about 330 feet. I can throw a regular playing card more than fifty feet. I own a couple boomerangs and can throw them proficiently. So I felt confident that I could master the technique of cracker flinging to approach the 100 yard mark if indeed it was possible.

With a slight wind at my back I began with a brand new box of crackers and three step run-up and launched them side-arm, skipping a rock style throw - they flew about thirty yards and dive bombed into the ground.

I experimented with this technique with salted side up and salted side down, with the same results.

I then moved to a boomerang throw - overhand technique. This kept the crackers aloft a little longer with a maximum distance of about forty-five yards.

I tried the ninja throwing star type of flinging technique - which stabilized the flight quite a bit, but lost a lot of velocity. Maximum distances of about thirty five yards were reached.

At the end, I had gone through two sleeves of crackers, my arms were dead, and the neighborhood dogs were having a field day with the cracker-littered street.

I would love to see you do this - and if you have a trick or different technique, then let me know - I still have two more sleeves of crackers waiting...
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I can fill a shotglass with dimes, take a full shot of water/vodka/whiskey/whatever and still fit it in the shotglass full of dimes. This is a big moneymaker.

I say this after an evening of experimentation flinging Ritz carckers down the street last night - which was puzzling and entertaining to many of the neighbors who came out to watch and wonder.

I've been playing Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf for more that twenty years. I can throw a golf disc about 330 feet. I can throw a regular playing card more than fifty feet. I own a couple boomerangs and can throw them proficiently. So I felt confident that I could master the technique of cracker flinging to approach the 100 yard mark if indeed it was possible.

With a slight wind at my back I began with a brand new box of crackers and three step run-up and launched them side-arm, skipping a rock style throw - they flew about thirty yards and dive bombed into the ground.

I experimented with this technique with salted side up and salted side down, with the same results.

I then moved to a boomerang throw - overhand technique. This kept the crackers aloft a little longer with a maximum distance of about forty-five yards.

I tried the ninja throwing star type of flinging technique - which stabilized the flight quite a bit, but lost a lot of velocity. Maximum distances of about thirty five yards were reached.

At the end, I had gone through two sleeves of crackers, my arms were dead, and the neighborhood dogs were having a field day with the cracker-littered street.

I would love to see you do this - and if you have a trick or different technique, then let me know - I still have two more sleeves of crackers waiting...
So you could see 60 yards maybe and have tried it? And this dude says he go go almost THREE times that far. Haha...classic.Great story tho...Your neighbors must think youa re beyond whacked.

I'm pretty sure this is a sucker's bet, but that said, I can think of a couple of things that flat out fly with little force.One is the small, plastic doo-dad that comes on a loaf of bread to keep it sealed. If you take that off, remove one side of the v-neck pastner, then wedge your index finger in the void the removal creates, you can launch these things far and fast with just a flick of your finger. It's amazing at the zip and distance you can get with a flick.The second thing I recall is roof shingles. I used to sit up on my parent's garage as a kid and tear off parts of the shingles (composit roof). Then I would overhand fling them and watch them just fly 3 or 4 houses away.I wondered if the Ritz has some type of property that would allow it to fly that far. In the end, I think we're being put on.

I'm pretty sure this is a sucker's bet, but that said, I can think of a couple of things that flat out fly with little force.

One is the small, plastic doo-dad that comes on a loaf of bread to keep it sealed. If you take that off, remove one side of the v-neck pastner, then wedge your index finger in the void the removal creates, you can launch these things far and fast with just a flick of your finger. It's amazing at the zip and distance you can get with a flick.

The second thing I recall is roof shingles. I used to sit up on my parent's garage as a kid and tear off parts of the shingles (composit roof). Then I would overhand fling them and watch them just fly 3 or 4 houses away.

I wondered if the Ritz has some type of property that would allow it to fly that far. In the end, I think we're being put on.
Hmm... what if you shingled a roof with Ritz's!

I don't know where Nigel lives, but I'm willing to travel to see this done. I will require $0.42 per mile. I accept Netteller at yellak9@yahoo.com. Somebody needs to see this attempted.

I really don't think that the Ritz has the mass required to make it 150 yards.  It will be blown about too much in even the slightest breeze, regardless of spin.

The angular momentum of the cracker won't prevent it from turning over.
You are forgetting that the five or six holes in the Ritz is what may be giving it its stability and lift in flight.
"Is it five holes, or six? In all the excitement I kind of lost count myself. So the question I've got to ask is, do you feel lucky? Well? Do ya...punk?":cracker-barrel:

I will now bet my neighbors that I can make any other football fan neighbor wander into the street and throw crackers....

Gave this a whirl with a full box of ritz crackers on the weekend. Half a box later I hit no more then 45-50 yards. :pokey:

Took a half-sleeve of Ritz crackers to the disc golf park on Sunday. Threw about a dozen crackers -- none more than 120'. Ate another dozen.The unexpected part of this exercise was the stinging pain I felt in my fingertips after each throw. Like needles. Ow! My buddy (who refused to throw any crackers out of principle) said it was due to the lack of resistance in the cracker. We then proceeded to play disc golf, and I managed to throw quite well despite my failure to set world distance records with a snack cracker.

I will now bet my neighbors that I can make any other football fan neighbor wander into the street and throw crackers....
:lmao: true.

but it did provide some entertainment for their happy hours - the street became an outdoor party with everyone out there with drink in hand, watching a big dork throw crackers...

I finally tried this......I flung one whole sleeve and the best I could do was about 90 - 100 feet. NO FRIGGIN WAY YOU CAN DO 150 YARDS!!!!

I finally tried this......I flung one whole sleeve and the best I could do was about 90 - 100 feet. NO FRIGGIN WAY YOU CAN DO 150 YARDS!!!!
try a sleeve of Hi-Hos and report back

Ritz, Hi-Ho - it don't matter. Throw them sidearm with the same grip as you would if you were skipping a flat stone on a pond and it will soar. I used to win money at tailgate parties all the time by flinging those babies onto the roofs of dormitories, over parking garages, etc. It's not really a unique skill, but most people have no idea how far they fly.

I can drink also a pint of Guinness in 3 seconds :banned: , 2 (two separate glasses, one after the other) in 10. :banned: :banned:

What are your "I'll bet you $10 I can do -------" money-makers?
thats impressive.

Geez.

You guys let this thread end a year ago with several failed independent tests, no conclusive proof of claim, nor a hoax confession, from Nigel?

:no:

good bump

We also tried at work. I'd say we can get 40-50 yards before the dive bomb occurs.

The good news is we did hit a bum who was walking down the alley. No, he didnt eat the cracker.

I can throw a Ritz brother (search THAT one!!!) 150 yards. Anyone have a Howitzer handy?

Geez.

You guys let this thread end a year ago with several failed independent tests, no conclusive proof of claim, nor a hoax confession, from Nigel?

:no:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
He eventually confessed in another thread. It's probably been purged.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:goodposting: A :fishing: confession was eventually made - I thought it was in this thread but I guess not, not sure where it is.

I enjoyed many laughs as FBGs came back to the thread posting tales of recruiting coworkers to the company parking lot at lunchtime to fling Ritz crackers. Complaints of sore arms and tingling fingers were commonplace. Herbert the Hippo was the most active and determined cracker flinger and continues to harbor ill will. :mellow:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

While we are at it, I wager that I can flip a 620 pound tractor tire end over end 30 yards in 60 seconds or less.  I will have proof of this feat when I compete in the next Nebraska Amateur Strongman contest on August 13th.  Results will be posted on their website usually in early September.

Takers?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
update?

sorry folks, truth is, last year i bet nigel $20 that he couldnt make 10 idiots go outside and throw ritz crackers as far as they could.

I SEE YOU LURKING...........

14 Members: HERBERT THE HIPPO, Nigel, muffl_commish, stbugs, mr. furley, kd1, Swanny, Bevo, Jackstraw, dsrm, Sammy3469, crush304, iwabaf, Nikita Koloff

Users who are viewing this thread