What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I can throw a Ritz cracker 150 yds. (1 Viewer)

sorry folks, truth is, last year i bet nigel $20 that he couldnt make 10 idiots go outside and throw ritz crackers as far as they could.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i laughed.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too.EAT IT, HERBERT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do I sense some kind of Furley-Shuke union here??????????
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if the PM's i'm receiving are any indication, i think the Magic 8-Ball is telling me "Highly Unlikely"

sorry folks, truth is, last year i bet nigel $20 that he couldnt make 10 idiots go outside and throw ritz crackers as far as they could.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i laughed.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too.EAT IT, HERBERT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
if the PM's i'm receiving are any indication, i think the Magic 8-Ball is telling me "Highly Unlikely"
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
link

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i laughed.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Me too.EAT IT, HERBERT.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
link
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
they're getting angrieri'll have to revise that "doubtful" down to "out"

[Ritz Cracker Robot]

I.am.programed.to.throw.ritz.crackers.151.yards.

[/Ritz Cracker Robot]

I call :bs: on this. I can throw a golf disc -- aeronomically designed for long-distance flight -- about 400 feet on a flat surface with negligible wind. I've met people who can throw quite a bit further than that...but not many.

A Ritz cracker does not have the flight characteristics to fly 450 feet on a flat surface unless it's been taped to the inside of a golf disc or other flight-friendly object.

But a single unmodified Ritz cracker? Unaided by topography or wind? I challenge you, sir, to duplicate this feat in my presence. I'll begin the challenge with a friendly $20 wager, giving 2-1 odds. And I'll give you three throws.
African or European Ritz?
but aren't Ritz crackers non-migratory?

Went downstairs and all we had was Toasteds. :goodposting: Still took a sleeve out to the back yard and hucked 5 or 6 into a few yards around the block. None went more than maybe 70-80 ft. I'm pretty sure they're lighter and have more holes than Ritz. Regardless, there's no way they're going 150 yds.

Went downstairs and all we had was Toasteds. :shrug: Still took a sleeve out to the back yard and hucked 5 or 6 into a few yards around the block. None went more than maybe 70-80 ft. I'm pretty sure they're lighter and have more holes than Ritz. Regardless, there's no way they're going 150 yds.
You don't say.

• Laughing
Reactions: Ned
Toasteds actually fly farther than Ritz crackers. They're more dense and have better aerodynamics. I think you can probably get 160-180 yards out of an onion Toasted with favorable humidity and wind conditions. Purists would certainly cry foul, and they'd be justified in doing so.

Went downstairs and all we had was Toasteds. :rant: Still took a sleeve out to the back yard and hucked 5 or 6 into a few yards around the block. None went more than maybe 70-80 ft. I'm pretty sure they're lighter and have more holes than Ritz. Regardless, there's no way they're going 150 yds.
finger tips tingling afterwards?

I'm pretty sure it is not possible to throw a Ritz cracker 100 yards.

I would be impressed if someone could make it sixty yards.

I say this after an evening of experimentation flinging Ritz carckers down the street last night - which was puzzling and entertaining to many of the neighbors who came out to watch and wonder.

I've been playing Ultimate Frisbee and Disc Golf for more that twenty years. I can throw a golf disc about 330 feet. I can throw a regular playing card more than fifty feet. I own a couple boomerangs and can throw them proficiently. So I felt confident that I could master the technique of cracker flinging to approach the 100 yard mark if indeed it was possible.

With a slight wind at my back I began with a brand new box of crackers and three step run-up and launched them side-arm, skipping a rock style throw - they flew about thirty yards and dive bombed into the ground.

I experimented with this technique with salted side up and salted side down, with the same results.

I then moved to a boomerang throw - overhand technique. This kept the crackers aloft a little longer with a maximum distance of about forty-five yards.

I tried the ninja throwing star type of flinging technique - which stabilized the flight quite a bit, but lost a lot of velocity. Maximum distances of about thirty five yards were reached.

At the end, I had gone through two sleeves of crackers, my arms were dead, and the neighborhood dogs were having a field day with the cracker-littered street.

I would love to see you do this - and if you have a trick or different technique, then let me know - I still have two more sleeves of crackers waiting...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So you could see 60 yards maybe and have tried it? And this dude says he go go almost THREE times that far. Haha...classic.Great story tho...Your neighbors must think youa re beyond whacked.
It's funny that this thread would resurface right now.

You guys will be amused to hear that for the past few years, we've had a "Ritz Cracker Throw Day" in my neighborhood!

I'm serious.

We just had another one about two weeks ago. This has now evolved into an excuse to drink and party and get to know each other on our street. Now there's a small team of people throwing crackers as we make our way from one house to the next, stopping for drinks and snacks and picking up more people along the way. The kids run out in front and try to catch the crackers and the dogs still snap up the crumbs.

No one has gotten close to approaching the 100 yard mark yet, and by now there must have been thousands of attempts.

On behalf of the Tuckey Lane neighborhood, I would like to thank Nigel for the inspiration for this great new and emerging American pastime!

GroveDiesel said:
mr. furley said:
did anyone ever shoot down the claim that someone threw a men's softball 119 yards?
I actually think that's possible. It's a heck of a long ways, but I've seen some pretty long throws from guys just playing in a church league.
i remember John Elway talking about throwing baseballs appx 120 yards.that's an entirely different animal than a softball.

:kicksrock:

AhrnCityPahnder said:
GroveDiesel said:
mr. furley said:
did anyone ever shoot down the claim that someone threw a men's softball 119 yards?
I actually think that's possible. It's a heck of a long ways, but I've seen some pretty long throws from guys just playing in a church league.
http://www.softballfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109373

these guys are saying that they've seen people throw 300-310ft, so 119 yards doesn't seem impossible.
i've seen a helluva lotta softball in my time (maybe not as much as softballforumguy) but a lot.. and i can't ever recall seeing a game played on a field with 280-300' fences. some exaggeration in effect there i think

i've seen a helluva lotta softball in my time (maybe not as much as softballforumguy) but a lot.. and i can't ever recall seeing a game played on a field with 280-300' fences.

some exaggeration in effect there i think
Every league I've been in had 300' fences. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread