What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**** OFFICIAL **** LOST - The TV Series (5 Viewers)

I really don't care anymore about which dad knows which survivor or if Sawyer was sleeping with somebody's mom or whatever. Really pointless. I just want to know the mysteries of the island and I wish they would spend a little more time discussing that.
Agreed.How about this theory just for the fun of it.

The plane is still in the process of exploding. The show is actually the collective visions/dreams/life flashing before my eyes/ episodes of the main characters who were all exposed to some kind of DHARMA experiment to collectively control people's thoughts.

Why not?

I really don't care anymore about which dad knows which survivor or if Sawyer was sleeping with somebody's mom or whatever. Really pointless. I just want to know the mysteries of the island and I wish they would spend a little more time discussing that.
:goodposting:

The plane is still in the process of exploding. The show is actually the collective visions/dreams/life flashing before my eyes/ episodes of the main characters who were all exposed to some kind of DHARMA experiment to collectively control people's thoughts.

Why not?
Why not? Because that seems a little out there. :tinfoilhat:

Why not?
I've heard a few theories--VR game, purgatory, etc.--that all basically boil down to "They woke up and discovered it was all a dream."Now, I doubt whatever resolution this show reaches is going to be satisfactory to everyone, but in my book if they go the "dream" route or any of its variants, I am going to be really, really pissed off.

I will be interested to see how they catch all the balls they have in the air. I doubt we'll be able to guess it in advance--hope we won't, anyway.

Why not?
Now, I doubt whatever resolution this show reaches is going to be satisfactory to everyone, but in my book if they go the "dream" route or any of its variants, I am going to be really, really pissed off.
:thumbup:

Why not?
I've heard a few theories--VR game, purgatory, etc.--that all basically boil down to "They woke up and discovered it was all a dream."Now, I doubt whatever resolution this show reaches is going to be satisfactory to everyone, but in my book if they go the "dream" route or any of its variants, I am going to be really, really pissed off.

I will be interested to see how they catch all the balls they have in the air. I doubt we'll be able to guess it in advance--hope we won't, anyway.
I agree with you. Anything dream/purgatory related would really tick me off.I think the writers and producers have stated a zillion times that that will not be the case. Also, we are supposed to see how the plane crashes this season and hopefully that will put everything to rest.

After the "tailies" episode, I don't know why anybody even brings up purgatory/dreams anyways. We literally saw the tail of the plane crash and all of the tailies come out of the water seconds later while the tail was sinking in real time. We even saw Bernard hanging in a tree still in his seat and in season 1 we already saw the plane hit turbulence and break apart.

Why not?

I agree with you. Anything dream/purgatory related would really tick me off.I think the writers and producers have stated a zillion times that that will not be the case. Also, we are supposed to see how the plane crashes this season and hopefully that will put everything to rest.

After the "tailies" episode, I don't know why anybody even brings up purgatory/dreams anyways. We literally saw the tail of the plane crash and all of the tailies come out of the water seconds later while the tail was sinking in real time. We even saw Bernard hanging in a tree still in his seat and in season 1 we already saw the plane hit turbulence and break apart.
I'm calling it now:The season ender will be how/why the plane crashed and will be a HUGE cliffhanger.

Why not?

I'm calling it now:The season ender will be how/why the plane crashed and will be a HUGE cliffhanger.
As big as the numbers going down to 0 cliffhanger? Whew, I almost crapped my pants last night it was so dramatic. That little red bird scared the hell out of me! ;)

Henry Gale = Wizard of Oz

No?

The uncle or whatever with the hot air balloon.
Dorothy did have an uncle Henry. I guess his name would have been "Henry Gale," although from what I've found Auntie Em was Dorothy's mother's sister. I guess Dorothy must have taken her guardian's surname.The guy with the balloon (the wizard) was a different guy--the sideshowman. His name is never given in the film, although in the books at one point he reveals that his real name is:

Oscar Zoraster Phadrig Isaac Norman Henkle Emmannuel Ambroise Diggs

"O.Z.P.I.N.H.E.A.D."?
So then basically the dude lied hoping that Sayid would never put all that information together....
:lmao: He tried to pull a Verbal Kint on Sayid and got :own3d:
Often imitated, never duplicated. :headbang:

Last nights episode sucked. The whole Hurley-Sawyer-Frog journey was a waste. Why did we need another Sayid backstory showing us he knows how to torture, we already knew this.

Last nights episode sucked. The whole Hurley-Sawyer-Frog journey was a waste. Why did we need another Sayid backstory showing us he knows how to torture, we already knew this.
it was one of my favorite episodes

:yawn:

I'm glad Sayid was back in the mix.

After the previews, I'm looking forward to the future episode about Clair. Not a fan of her or Charlie regularly. Watching them try to play house was boring. I think the episode where she starts to remember some of the time she lost is going to be great.

After the previews, I'm looking forward to the future episode about Clair. Not a fan of her or Charlie regularly. Watching them try to play house was boring. I think the episode where she starts to remember some of the time she lost is going to be great.

So they gave Sayid a torture kit and sent him into a room with a prisoner. He comes out with blood on his hand and all of a sudden is a "torturer"? I have a tool box in the basement, I guess I am half way there.

:goodposting: How anyone wouldn't want to see more on Claire is beyond me. She is the only one who has spent any time at all with the others and would have some first hand knowledge of WhoTF they are and WhatTF they are trying to do.

It should also give us some more background on Danielle (according to the episode guide, she is with Kate/Claire at the Medical Hatch).

I don't know how many of you remember this but back in Season 1, ABC had an episode blurb the night after the episode that Danielle came to the camp and ran off with Aaron. The episode blurb (I personally read it) had some text in it that did not make the actual show where Claire was supposedly remembering Danielle being part of the abduction group the first time. Claire scratched Danielle in the struggle (again not in the TV show itself). In the actual TV show there was a discussion between Kate or Claire and Danielle where Kate/Claire asked Danielle how she got scratches on her arm. Now, I am not sure if this was one of those, hidden things to throw us off, i.e. make Danielle seem like an other (like the zombie/clone stuff on OceanicAir.com) or if they decided to edit it out and go in a different story direction with Danielle.

Hey, has anyone been to OceanicAir.com in a while? I haven't heard anything about any updates in any of the Lost sites run by ABC.

So they gave Sayid a torture kit and sent him into a room with a prisoner. He comes out with blood on his hand and all of a sudden is a "torturer"? I have a tool box in the basement, I guess I am half way there.
He said he spent 9+ years torturing people when he was interrogating Henry Gale. The episode last night was the first Gulf War and Sadaam was still in power for another 10+ years. The guy from Highlander mentioned that now Sayid had the tools to get any information he wanted in the future.Connect the dots and it is pretty easy to assume that Sayid stayed in the Republican Guard for several years and kept working in intelligence and became a master torturer/interrogator until Gulf War II.

So they gave Sayid a torture kit and sent him into a room with a prisoner.  He comes out with blood on his hand and all of a sudden is a "torturer"?  I have a tool box in the basement, I guess I am half way there.
He said he spent 9+ years torturing people when he was interrogating Henry Gale. The episode last night was the first Gulf War and Sadaam was still in power for another 10+ years. The guy from Highlander mentioned that now Sayid had the tools to get any information he wanted in the future.Connect the dots and it is pretty easy to assume that Sayid stayed in the Republican Guard for several years and kept working in intelligence and became a master torturer/interrogator until Gulf War II.
Maybe he tortured Kate's dad at some point in the future?

How anyone wouldn't want to see more on Claire is beyond me. She is the only one who has spent any time at all with the others and would have some first hand knowledge of WhoTF they are and WhatTF they are trying to do.
Because she's easily the most annoying person on the island. MY BAYBEEEEEI think the episode where they show us where she was could be pretty good -- but I'm just hoping they kill her off at the end. Like I do each and every episode.

Must have missed the 9+ years comment. How does he stay after he tortures his commanding officer? Wouldn't there be some sort of repercussion for that, especially under Sadam? I guess I took the "now you can get any information you want" comment as him being declared one right then and there.

For some reason it just seems to me that the guy that showed Sayid the villagers being poisoned and who told him that he may be able to use stuff he learned to get information he needs in the future is the guy with the beard who is part of the others. Their mannerisms and speech just seem to coincide.

Plus, I thought the tail folks found an army knife on one of the others which would link up the fact that the others have some former military folks in their group as that guy obviously was.

Just a thought but maybe I am way off base for thinking this since no one else brought it up. I am going to have to rewatch the episode before the next show to give another look.

So they gave Sayid a torture kit and sent him into a room with a prisoner.  He comes out with blood on his hand and all of a sudden is a "torturer"?  I have a tool box in the basement, I guess I am half way there.
Must have missed the 9+ years comment. How does he stay after he tortures his commanding officer? Wouldn't there be some sort of repercussion for that, especially under Sadam? I guess I took the "now you can get any information you want" comment as him being declared one right then and there.
I think he probably killed the SOB.

How anyone wouldn't want to see more on Claire is beyond me. She is the only one who has spent any time at all with the others and would have some first hand knowledge of WhoTF they are and WhatTF they are trying to do.
Because she's easily the most annoying person on the island. MY BAYBEEEEEI think the episode where they show us where she was could be pretty good -- but I'm just hoping they kill her off at the end. Like I do each and every episode.
I have no problem with never seeing her again after the next episode — unless she's in a mud wrestling match with Kate and Ana Lucia. It's where she's been and not her that I'm looking forward to seeing.

Never said I liked her, just that she is one of the folks who actually has information that we are all saying that we want to find out. Locke doesn't know, Jack doesn't, just poor little annoying Claire. Charlie may have a bit more than we know, but I just think Ethan popped him and strung him up with the help of some friends, so I don't think he know anymore than everyone else that there are more than one Other.Actually, Michael may know a bit more now too, or he may be dead, who knows.

I know what you mean about her character, but I am very happy that we are going to delve into the kidnapping and see Aaron get sick and find another bunker. Heck, there are only 6 bunkers, right? So one more and there are only a few more places to find.

I don't mind looking at Claire either, but I can your point even more if you like looking at Sawyer or Hurley, if you like your guys chubby, NTTAWWT. ;)

For some reason it just seems to me that the guy that showed Sayid the villagers being poisoned and who told him that he may be able to use stuff he learned to get information he needs in the future is the guy with the beard who is part of the others.
:no:

I think he probably killed the SOB.
:goodposting: Methinks Mr. Commanding Officer was either killed by Sayid because he knew that he killed the villagers from Sayid's hometown or that the Army put him in the hole where he buried the Pilot he had killed. Somehow I don't think the commanding officer made it out of that situation alive.

I think that comment was the mentor telling the mentee that he passed his first test and was on the road to becoming a grade A torturer.

For some reason it just seems to me that the guy that showed Sayid the villagers being poisoned and who told him that he may be able to use stuff he learned to get information he needs in the future is the guy with the beard who is part of the others.
:no:
:goodposting: We know both actors that play both characters and that would be a huge casting mistake as both, while not Tom Cruise, are pretty well known actors.

:goodposting: How anyone wouldn't want to see more on Claire is beyond me. She is the only one who has spent any time at all with the others and would have some first hand knowledge of WhoTF they are and WhatTF they are trying to do.

It should also give us some more background on Danielle (according to the episode guide, she is with Kate/Claire at the Medical Hatch).
Plus, she's waaay hotter than Kate. :thumbup:

:o :boxing:

:yucky:

I've heard a few theories--VR game, purgatory, etc.--that all basically boil down to "They woke up and discovered it was all a dream."

Now, I doubt whatever resolution this show reaches is going to be satisfactory to everyone, but in my book if they go the "dream" route or any of its variants, I am going to be really, really pissed off.

I'll probably get flamed for this as I'm not a die-hard Lost theorist or anything, but just going on what I watch and my personal beliefs of what is happening on the show. I realize that there will be holes on these thoughts, etc. from those who break down every second of every show, but overall what I think is happening is this...I'm going under the assumption that all of these people are already dead and the island is pergutory.

Pergutory by my meaning is the place that one goes when they die that is neither Heaven or Hell. They haven't done enough good to go to Heaven and haven't done enough bad to go to Hell.

That is why new characters continue to be introduced......more people are dying at a later date than the time the plane crashed and now ending up in pergutory (the island). All of the people that were already on the island before the plane crash died earlier than the plane crash victims and are still in pergutory.

The island is a place for these people that have not yet been determined "Heaven worthy" to carry out whatever it is they need to accomplish to hopefully be deemed worthy to move onto heaven. The island (pergutory) eventually brings out the true characters which is why we are now seeing each character starting to turn to the "bad side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto hell) or "good side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto heaven)

This is why children are so valuable on the island and stay there longer and grow into adults on the island....they haven't had a long enough "living life" to prove themselves one way or the other. The island is a place for them to carry out whatever personality they would've had when they were alive to prove if their soul is "good" or "evil" and eventually move onto heaven or hell.

This thought was also made clearer to me when you guys broke down the heiroglyphic symbols on the clock last night as basically meaning "Death"

I have a feeling that if they let the clock go fully to zero it could possibly mean that everyone that is presently in "pergutory" (meaning everyone presently on the island) would have their time expired to prove themselves that they are "heaven worthy". Thus, letting the time expire would seal everyone on the island's fate to Hell. But, by keeping the clock going, means it gives them all more time to prove that they are worthy of eventually moving onto heaven.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've heard a few theories--VR game, purgatory, etc.--that all basically boil down to "They woke up and discovered it was all a dream."

I'll probably get flamed for this as I'm not a die-hard Lost theorist or anything, but just going on what I watch and my personal beliefs of what is happening on the show. I realize that there will be holes on these thoughts, etc. from those who break down every second of every show, but overall what I think is happening is this...I'm going under the assumption that all of these people are already dead and the island is pergutory.

That is why new characters continue to be introduced......more people are dying at a later date than the time the plane crashed and now ending up in pergutory (the island). All of the people that were already on the island before the plane crash died earlier than the plane crash victims and are still in pergutory.

The island is a place for these people that have not yet been determined "Heaven worthy" to carry out whatever it is they need to accomplish to hopefully be deemed worthy to move onto heaven. The island (pergutory) eventually brings out the true characters which is why we are now seeing each character starting to turn to the "bad side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto hell) or "good side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto heaven)

This is why children are so valuable on the island and stay there longer and grow into adults on the island....they haven't had a long enough "living life" to prove themselves one way or the other. The island is a place for them to carry out whatever personality they would've had when they were alive to prove if their soul is "good" or "evil" and eventually move onto heaven or hell.

This thought was also made clearer to me when you guys broke down the heiroglyphic symbols on the clock last night as basically meaning "Death"

I have a feeling that if they let the clock go fully to zero it could possibly mean that everyone that is presently in "pergutory" (meaning everyone presently on the island) would have their time expired to prove themselves that they are "heaven worthy". Thus, letting the time expire would seal everyone on the island's fate to Hell. But, by keeping the clock going, means it gives them all more time to prove that they are worthy of eventually moving onto heaven.
There has been a lot of speculation on this, however the creators have said unambiguously that they are not it pergutory.However, they could be misleading us.....

I'll probably get flamed for this as I'm not a die-hard Lost theorist or anything, but just going on what I watch and my personal beliefs of what is happening on the show.  I realize that there will be holes on these thoughts, etc. from those who break down every second of every show, but overall what I think is happening is this...

I'm going under the assumption that all of these people are already dead and the island is pergutory.

Pergutory by my meaning is the place that one goes when they die that is neither Heaven or Hell.   They haven't done enough good to go to Heaven and haven't done enough bad to go to Hell.

That is why new characters continue to be introduced......more people are dying at a later date than the time the plane crashed and now ending up in pergutory (the island).   All of the people that were already on the island before the plane crash died earlier than the plane crash victims and are still in pergutory.

The island is a place for these people that have not yet been determined "Heaven worthy" to carry out whatever it is they need to accomplish to hopefully be deemed worthy to move onto heaven.   The island (pergutory) eventually brings out the true characters which is why we are now seeing each character starting to turn to the "bad side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto hell) or "good side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto heaven)

This is why children are so valuable on the island and stay there longer and grow into adults on the island....they haven't had a long enough "living life" to prove themselves one way or the other.  The island is a place for them to carry out whatever personality they would've had when they were alive to prove if their soul is "good" or "evil" and eventually move onto heaven or hell.

I have a feeling that if they let the clock go fully to zero it could possibly mean that everyone that is presently in "pergutory" (meaning everyone presently on the island) would have their time expired to prove themselves that they are "heaven worthy".    Thus, letting the time expire would seal everyone on the island's fate to Hell.  But, by keeping the clock going, means it gives them all more time to prove that they are worthy of eventually moving onto heaven.
Also wanted to add on my theory quoted above..... that I believe the Black Smoke is a symbol for the Devil. When it comes, it usually kills somebody, meaning they have done enough to prove themselves as a bad person for the Devil to come and claim them to Hell.Also, this is why the black smoke sought out Ecko and went face to face with him, but didn't take him.....when they went face to face it examined Ecko's past to show his dark side and was ready to take him to Hell, but eventually caught up to his present holy self and retreated, realizing he is becoming too good of a person in pergutory to go to Hell.

And obviously with my theory, Dharma, the whispers, and whatever is looking over the island are all symbols for God who is watching the happenings of everyone on the island (in pergutory) to eventually make the determination to allow any of them to move onto Heaven or let the Devil (black smoke) take them to Hell.

There has been a lot of speculation on this, however the creators have said unambiguously that they are not it pergutory.However, they could be misleading us.....
I've said since the first time this thought came out, and I'll say it now -- I have no idea why you guys decide to take the creators at their word. If this really was the payoff, do you think they're going to come out and say it, and ruin the whole show?Of course they're going to deny it.

Pergutory by my meaning is the place that one goes when they die that is neither Heaven or Hell. They haven't done enough good to go to Heaven and haven't done enough bad to go to Hell.

Are we ignoring the film and the likelihood that the island is one giant laboratory?

Are we ignoring the film and the likelihood that the island is one giant laboratory?
The makers of the film is Dharma, which in a later post above I thorized that "Dharma" is actually God.God produced this film and gave this info to the people on this island (those in pergutory) as motivation for them to continue running the clock which allows them all more time to prove themselves "heaven-worthy"

Basically the film and continuing the timer is a symbol of their "faith"....as in they don't know what's going to happen if the time expires, they just have to have "faith" that keeping it going is the right thing to do. Which, according to my theory, is the right thing to do as it increases the chances of the people in purgotory to prove themselves good enough to move onto heaven.

Obviously God (Dharma) would like everyone to eventually prove themselves good enough to move onto heaven, so the film is just motivation and following its message is proof of their "faith to do the right thing" even amongst all of the unknowns. (same thing as religion is to us now when we are alive)

I'll probably get flamed for this as I'm not a die-hard Lost theorist or anything, but just going on what I watch and my personal beliefs of what is happening on the show.  I realize that there will be holes on these thoughts, etc. from those who break down every second of every show, but overall what I think is happening is this...

I'm going under the assumption that all of these people are already dead and the island is pergutory.

Pergutory by my meaning is the place that one goes when they die that is neither Heaven or Hell.   They haven't done enough good to go to Heaven and haven't done enough bad to go to Hell.

That is why new characters continue to be introduced......more people are dying at a later date than the time the plane crashed and now ending up in pergutory (the island).   All of the people that were already on the island before the plane crash died earlier than the plane crash victims and are still in pergutory.

The island is a place for these people that have not yet been determined "Heaven worthy" to carry out whatever it is they need to accomplish to hopefully be deemed worthy to move onto heaven.   The island (pergutory) eventually brings out the true characters which is why we are now seeing each character starting to turn to the "bad side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto hell) or "good side" (which when they eventually die on the show will move onto heaven)

This is why children are so valuable on the island and stay there longer and grow into adults on the island....they haven't had a long enough "living life" to prove themselves one way or the other.  The island is a place for them to carry out whatever personality they would've had when they were alive to prove if their soul is "good" or "evil" and eventually move onto heaven or hell.

I have a feeling that if they let the clock go fully to zero it could possibly mean that everyone that is presently in "pergutory" (meaning everyone presently on the island) would have their time expired to prove themselves that they are "heaven worthy".    Thus, letting the time expire would seal everyone on the island's fate to Hell.  But, by keeping the clock going, means it gives them all more time to prove that they are worthy of eventually moving onto heaven.
Also wanted to add on my theory quoted above..... that I believe the Black Smoke is a symbol for the Devil. When it comes, it usually kills somebody, meaning they have done enough to prove themselves as a bad person for the Devil to come and claim them to Hell.Also, this is why the black smoke sought out Ecko and went face to face with him, but didn't take him.....when they went face to face it examined Ecko's past to show his dark side and was ready to take him to Hell, but eventually caught up to his present holy self and retreated, realizing he is becoming too good of a person in pergutory to go to Hell.

And obviously with my theory, Dharma, the whispers, and whatever is looking over the island are all symbols for God who is watching the happenings of everyone on the island (in pergutory) to eventually make the determination to allow any of them to move onto Heaven or let the Devil (black smoke) take them to Hell.
Makes sense - "Lost" meaning lost souls that haven't found heaven or hell yet.Mud out

The makers of the film is Dharma, which in a later post above I thorized that "Dharma" is actually God.God produced this film and gave this info to the people on this island (those in pergutory) as motivation for them to continue running the clock which allows them all more time to prove themselves "heaven-worthy"

Basically the film and continuing the timer is a symbol of their "faith"....as in they don't know what's going to happen if the time expires, they just have to have "faith" that keeping it going is the right thing to do. Which, according to my theory, is the right thing to do as it increases the chances of the people in purgotory to prove themselves good enough to move onto heaven.

Obviously God (Dharma) would like everyone to eventually prove themselves good enough to move onto heaven, so the film is just motivation and following its message is proof of their "faith to do the right thing" even amongst all of the unknowns. (same thing as religion is to us now when we are alive)
Also, wanted to add one last thought to give credence to my theory that they are all already dead and presently in pergutory (not yet in Heaven or Hell)The reason they continue to show back stories of every character and what has happened in their past life is to get us all caught up on why all of these people are on the island (in pergutory) in the first place.

Most of the back stories have very mixed messages on what that person was like in the "past" (which what I'm theorizing as being their living life). Half the time they show a past story that shows the character as a good, loving person.....and the other half the time they show the character as an evil, manipulating person. Which is exactly what Pergutory is.....not evil enough to go to Hell, but not good enough to go to Heaven. They are now on this island (pergutory) needing to finally prove themselves one way or the other and Dharma (God) will eventually make a decision on where they will end up next.

I really believe everyone is getting way too caught up into every little nuance of the show and trying to breakdown every little message to try to figure out what is going on (which is what the writers want the viewers to do).

What we need to do is just take a step back and look at the big picture of what is going on in this show...

Dharma: God

Black Smoke: Devil

the Island: Pergutory

the video/countdown clock: the Bible, Koran, Torah or whatever historical writing a certain faith has a belief in that if believed and followed, without any proof that it is true, that good things will come of it in the present and afterlife.

the people on the island: people who have died, but their fate of Heaven or Hell hasn't been decided for them yet.

the people's time on the island: an "afterlife" putting each person in extreme situations to help bring out their true emotions and soul that will be used to help God make a final determination as to whether or not to allow that person to move onto Heaven, or let them be taken to Hell by the Devil.

The entire show is one big message of Heaven and Hell and Good and Evil. Everything else that is going on is just filler and twists and turns to make us believe it's more than that.

One thing I hesitated to raise when I was looking into the hieroglyphics, but if you want fuel for this particular fire:Of the first three characters, we're missing the middle one. Using one phonetic pronounciation of character 3, you'd get a word that would look like this in English:

S__an

Not that I'm necessarily pimping the idea that they have the Devil chained up on that island, but since you mentioned him....

One thing I hesitated to raise when I was looking into the hieroglyphics, but if you want fuel for this particular fire:

Of the first three characters, we're missing the middle one. Using one phonetic pronounciation of character 3, you'd get a word that would look like this in English:

S__an

Not that I'm necessarily pimping the idea that they have the Devil chained up on that island, but since you mentioned him....
It could just mean what I already stated above......if they lose "faith" in what the timer does, and allow the clock to run out, than their time is up for them to prove that they are "heaven-worthy" and all are now released to Hell (satan).

For some reason it just seems to me that the guy that showed Sayid the villagers being poisoned and who told him that he may be able to use stuff he learned to get information he needs in the future is the guy with the beard who is part of the others. Their mannerisms and speech just seem to coincide.

Plus, I thought the tail folks found an army knife on one of the others which would link up the fact that the others have some former military folks in their group as that guy obviously was.

Just a thought but maybe I am way off base for thinking this since no one else brought it up. I am going to have to rewatch the episode before the next show to give another look.
This is Zeke.This is the US Army officer.

Believe it or not, every guy with a beard isnt DeGroot or Zeke, just like every blonde woman isnt the girl in Desmond's picture or the girl on the boat with Zeke.

:goodposting: :lmao:

One thing I hesitated to raise when I was looking into the hieroglyphics, but if you want fuel for this particular fire:

Of the first three characters, we're missing the middle one. Using one phonetic pronounciation of character 3, you'd get a word that would look like this in English:

S__an

It could just mean what I already stated above......if they lose "faith" in what the timer does, and allow the clock to run out, than their time is up for them to prove that they are "heaven-worthy" and all are now released to Hell (satan).
I must admit that I really hope you're wrong. On the other hand, most of the characters do seem to have gone to Australia in search of some sort of redemption or cosmic balancing.I suppose you could make the case that Boone and Shannon had reached the end of that journey in their own ways: Boone by finally freeing himself of his obsession with Shannon, Shannon by finally being able to love someone other than herself.

It also potentially squares with the idea of the "Others" being those who don't want to leave the island. ("Walt is a very special boy.")

On the other hand, a lot of this feels like a stretch to me, and as I said, I'd like for the resolution to be more real-world than this.

Edit to add: As I'm sure has been described ad nauseum, the meaning of the word "dharma" as the cosmic order or conduct in accordance with it also would seem to feed into these sorts of interpretations.

He actually said it was 6 years of his life he wished he had back, we are not sure if he was there for Gulf War II. But you are right, he spent a number of years honing his skills.

got this off of another foream.....

"The book that Locke took off the bookshelf was called "Occurrance at Owl Creek Bridge." It's really a short story by Ambrose Bierce, and one of its central themes is the perception of time. "

:o

got this off of another foream.....

"The book that Locke took off the bookshelf was called "Occurrance at Owl Creek Bridge." It's really a short story by Ambrose Bierce, and one of its central themes is the perception of time. "

:o
Good catch. It's told from the point of view of a man who's about to be hanged, I believe, and is told largely in flashback....Just found it on the web for those interested. Haven't read it since I was in seventh grade.

owl creek

What if the intent of subjecting the survivors to "experiments" on the island is to simulate real-time Purgatory on earth, test the ability for redemption, etc.?

Since no one has touched on this, did everyone see the look on the guy's (Henry?)face when Jack took Sayid away from beating him. Almost a look of triumph IMO.
I thought the same exact thing.
Me too. It was obvious that he felt like he would be a little more protected because of the riff he saw between Sayid and Jack.How about his non-Minnesotan accent? Ever watch Fargo or visit that state? I have worked with a couple big companies from there and it is extremely easy to hear the accent even on a conference call.

Also, the fact that he never disclosed information freely, i.e. always had to be prodded and answer a question, leads me to believe that he is an other. Heck if I am on that island for 4 months alone after my wife dies I would be thrilled to meet people that look to be normal and have real conversations.

Also, could his story be more Richard Bransonish with the hot air balloon going around the world. He was far too meek and timid for me to believe that was so wealthy to be able to afford to do all that.
I suppose it could be poor writing, but his technique of trying to find out personal information about Sayid seemed like he knew too much about gaining an advantage with captors. He did this repeatedly as if he knew what to do it that situation.

Users who are viewing this thread