What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Props out to Mad Cow (1 Viewer)

still a no on the oakleys?
:no:
Dangit! 2nd pair of Maui Jim frames (Waimea Bay) just busted today...right at the hinge...while in it's protective case! Twice in a year now... :hot: Have had my running Oakley's (Pro "M" Frames) for 5 years...thought I'd give them a chance on the daily wear side... :(

Might MJ make a more durable frame...?

:PagingMadCow: :hey:
Contact them - they will replace them. They are very good about their service.
Asked my optometrist to send them in for me, so...will wait and see! :hophead:
:thumbup: I do it for patients regularly.
Would never have guessed! Heck...they broke... :shrug: Wasn't the company's fault. I had them sent in at your suggestion. Returned today good as new...for 10 bucks apiece! Can't beat that...thanks for the word! :yes:
I am here to serve. And to spread :nerd: itude. But mainly to serve. And laugh at poop stories.

I am likely gonna be getting a new line tomorrow - Rudy Project - very cool stuff. I might be able to work out a special deal in my bringing it in.

I am likely gonna be getting a new line tomorrow - Rudy Project - very cool stuff. I might be able to work out a special deal in my bringing it in.
I leave for LA/LV a week from tomorrow and need some new shades. Any suggestions??

I leave for LA/LV a week from tomorrow and need some new shades. Any suggestions??
I have a pair with integrated hi def vision I could sell ya.

Hey MC...got anything comparable to a Bolle Limit polarized?
Well, I do carry Bolle, but what are you looking for in a sunglass?
I don't really care. I was trying on sunglasses the other day and liked the Bolle Limit polarized the best of what I tried. I have a rather large melon and they wrapped around it nicely and looked good too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am likely gonna be getting a new line tomorrow - Rudy Project - very cool stuff.  I might be able to work out a special deal in my bringing it in.
Links to some stuff I could take a look at??

:sarcasm: meter down? ;) No, it really depends on what you want in a sunglass - fashion, sport, driving, all-around, polarized, etc. You tell me what you want it for and the look you are after and then I can make recommendations.

I am likely gonna be getting a new line tomorrow - Rudy Project - very cool stuff.  I might be able to work out a special deal in my bringing it in.
:sarcasm: meter down? ;) No, it really depends on what you want in a sunglass - fashion, sport, driving, all-around, polarized, etc. You tell me what you want it for and the look you are after and then I can make recommendations.
Not down, just not tech savy enough to even know how/if I got screwed by Dell or not.Well, I am going to Los Angeles for 5 days and Vegas for 4. I dont have any sunglasses right now, but surely will need them for the beach and desert sun. I'm not looking for something to wear while playing sports (and poker isnt a sport) just something that is fashionable (but not those aviators or gucci glasses) that will keep that intense sun out of my eyes.

I generally do not wear sunglasses, but I know I need them in Vegas from past experience.

MC...I need some for all around and I tend to like oval/rectangular and, as mentioned above, on the larger size. I'm not a big fan of the 'sport' look. I tried on a bunch of Bolles the other day and liked several styles but liked Limit the best in terms of fit, comfort, and style.

MC...I need some for all around and I tend to like oval/rectangular and, as mentioned above, on the larger size. I'm not a big fan of the 'sport' look. I tried on a bunch of Bolles the other day and liked several styles but liked Limit the best in terms of fit, comfort, and style.
Let me come back to this a little later.

PM sent

Did you get the memo? Aviators are back :excited:
Not on my face. I prefer the more sporty styles. However, I have done aviators for my sister and a FBG.There is a cool hybrid by Bolle called Sin City, though. It has a little aviator look to it, but is rimless.

If i ever get good ones, I'll come to MadCowsDiscountShades.com. I lose or break em too often if I spend > $15 on a pair.

I use the $6 polycarbonate 99.99% UV blocking safety glasses from Lowes/Home Depot etc. No they arent optically correct, but wtf you want for $6?

Smoke colored lenses for day use, yellow lenses for shop use/night driving.

Yep, Im cheap.

If i ever get good ones, I'll come to MadCowsDiscountShades.com. I lose or break em too often if I spend > $15 on a pair.

I use the $6 polycarbonate 99.99% UV blocking safety glasses from Lowes/Home Depot etc. No they arent optically correct, but wtf you want for $6?

Smoke colored lenses for day use, yellow lenses for shop use/night driving.

Yep, Im cheap.
Domain name is still available. :excited:

my 1 yr old really likes daddy's sunglasses and now they are a mangled mess.

so i should just go down to the sunglass hut, find what I like, then pm MC the make and model?

my 1 yr old really likes daddy's sunglasses and now they are a mangled mess.

so i should just go down to the sunglass hut, find what I like, then pm MC the make and model?
You betcha

Received my Maui Jims Makaha's today. Thanks MC! :thumbup:

Sorta Oakley wannabes, but hey...everyone needs competition. Some decent looking glasses - EBAY link

Mr. Cow.

I will be searching for a pair of prescription Polarized Fishing Sunglasses in a month or so.

Will you be able to help me with this request?

Mr. Cow.I will be searching for a pair of prescription Polarized Fishing Sunglasses in a month or so. Will you be able to help me with this request?
Indeed I can. I have helped a couple of FBG's with Rx glasses and sunglasses as well.

Just wanted to :blackdot: this thread. I'll be ordering a pair of Maui Jims as soon as I can figure out which frame I like best

Turbine, black frame, w/ either Vermillion CR39/ Amber CR39. Also the same frame with the Blue Mirror Glass lenses.

Turbine, black frame, w/ either Vermillion CR39/ Amber CR39. Also the same frame with the Blue Mirror Glass lenses.
.CR39 lens MSRP = $129. FBG price shipped is $108.20Blue mirror glass lens MSRP = $169. FBG price shipped is $140.20.

.CR39 lens MSRP = $129. FBG price shipped is $108.20

Blue mirror glass lens MSRP = $169. FBG price shipped is $140.20.
sweet, PM sent
Right back at ya.
Bought one of my girlfriends x-mas gifts through Cow......saved about 25% off retail(shipped).She loves them, and now she loves me.......thanks Cow

:yes:

Mad Cow spent lots of time answering my stupid questions and hooked me up with some sweet Kilohana R552-23 Metallic Gloss Copper Maui Roses.

:lmao: Thanks Mad Cow.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED :cry:

Mad Cow

I tried some Maui Jim's on this weekend. These are the two I like.

Mauna Loa H311-23

Pono H102-20

Thanks

Since you are the resident glasses expert, what's the best thing for playing golf. My sight is starting to go, and the ball 5-7 feet away when I address it is a little fuzzy. And as soon as it's gone 100 yards, I can't see it any more.

Any suggestions? I have progressive lenses, but they don't work too well on the golf course.

Since you are the resident glasses expert, what's the best thing for playing golf. My sight is starting to go, and the ball 5-7 feet away when I address it is a little fuzzy. And as soon as it's gone 100 yards, I can't see it any more.Any suggestions? I have progressive lenses, but they don't work too well on the golf course.
Sounds like your distance vision is going - time for a new exam. :lmao:

My cheap-### sunglasses I got from Maxim magazine 2 years ago are now lost and I need a new pair. I'm feeling like I'm suddenly responsible enough to care for a real pair of shades that cost more than $20 so figured I'd drop in here. What are the lines you carry? Should I just go to the mall and find the ones I like and report back to you? These are used mostly for driving and some outdoor activities, and I would like them to be polarized. Any tips?

My cheap-### sunglasses I got from Maxim magazine 2 years ago are now lost and I need a new pair. I'm feeling like I'm suddenly responsible enough to care for a real pair of shades that cost more than $20 so figured I'd drop in here. What are the lines you carry? Should I just go to the mall and find the ones I like and report back to you? These are used mostly for driving and some outdoor activities, and I would like them to be polarized. Any tips?
That is what I always recommend - see what you like and let me know. I carry a lot of major brands - Maui Jim, Costa del mar, Ray-Ban, Revo, Arnette, Killer Loop, etc a lot more. I do NOT carry Oakley.I love the MJ lenses and feel they are about the best in the market, FWIW.

what would you recommend for fishing...but still somewhat fashionable so i could wear them day to day as well.

dont really have a brand preffernce, do have a smaller (thinner) head so any huge goggles dont really work for me.

any suggestions would be helpful. thanks MC

Users who are viewing this thread