What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Joe Horn and the BS (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpiddy

Footballguy
So New Orleans is F'd and my heart goes out to peeps there and if anyone can throw a few bones to the red cross or any other relief org. please try, oh how the war money could be better used on the home front but thats a different story....I really want to trade for Joe Horn..... (dunn+d.bennett--nocommentsplease)FBG has his projections at 1300/9Any thoughts on this projection before and after the hurricane??Id say the Saints are gonna be in a little disarray, but they gotta throw the ball somewhere and if anything, losing means being behind, so....not to play on the disaster story, but hey, their still gonna play foolballthoughts???

So New Orleans is F'd and my heart goes out to peeps there and if anyone can throw a few bones to the red cross or any other relief org. please try, oh how the war money could be better used on the home front but thats a different story....

I really want to trade for Joe Horn..... (dunn+d.bennett--nocommentsplease)

FBG has his projections at 1300/9

Any thoughts on this projection before and after the hurricane??

Id say the Saints are gonna be in a little disarray, but they gotta throw the ball somewhere and if anything, losing means being behind, so....

not to play on the disaster story, but hey, their still gonna play foolball

thoughts???
Actually, I read that the new OC simplified the playbook for Brooks, which now also emphasized the running game, which should mean closer games, which means less garbage TDs...which means probably a little less for Horn. I of course still think he's a stud, but Stallworth has to break in at some point...perhaps this is the year similar to Holt two years ago, when he ended better than Bruce?

So New Orleans is F'd and my heart goes out to peeps there and if anyone can throw a few bones to the red cross or any other relief org. please try, oh how the war money could be better used on the home front but thats a different story....

Id say the Saints are gonna be in a little disarray, but they gotta throw the ball somewhere and if anything, losing means being behind, so....

thoughts???
Horn is as consistent and studly as they get, he's been double covered, tripled and played great inthe clutch. I don't think his new surroundings will hurt him much, either.

I think the saints are going to rally together and win the super bowl this year. Katrina could be a blessing in disguise for the saints.

i think, in general, the saints will be professional and you can expect the same from them pre vs post katrina. having said that, they'll be playing many if not all of their games "on the road," so i'd probably downgrade everyone by 10%.

click here: RED CROSS to donate to victims of katrina.

thoughts???
Actually, I read that the new OC simplified the playbook for Brooks, which now also emphasized the running game, which should mean closer games, which means less garbage TDs...which means probably a little less for Horn. I of course still think he's a stud, but Stallworth has to break in at some point...perhaps this is the year similar to Holt two years ago, when he ended better than Bruce?
I hear ya on Stallworth maybe breaking out, but haven't we all thought that for 3 years now??I don't see any consistency in Donte's game....except that he's consistently inconsistent.

I really want to trade for Joe Horn.....  (dunn+d.bennett--nocommentsplease)

thoughts???
Your pushing it a lot by comparing Stallworth to Holt.Holt proved form day 1 he can be a star in this league, Stallworth has nt proven he can even play regularly in this league.

Horn will post the same type of number then last year and he did nt get any garbage TD's.

oh how the war money could be better used on the home front but thats a different story....
:goodposting: If our country wasn't run by a bunch of mentally handicapped morons (Republicans, Bush, Congress right on down the line) we'd be much better off. Dems in 08. :thumbup:

oh how the war money could be better used on the home front but thats a different story....
:goodposting: If our country wasn't run by a bunch of mentally handicapped morons (Republicans, Bush, Congress right on down the line) we'd be much better off. Dems in 08. :thumbup:
Every time I open the newspaper, I start to think maybe you're right.

I have been pretty high on Horn for this year myself. I just did some quick research and came up with the following info.Last year, on the road: 46-606-5Last year, at home: 48-793-6Ok, pretty even so far. Here's more:Last year, on the road: 8 catches over 20 yards, only 1 over 40Last year, at home: 14 catches over 20 yards, and 3 over 40If Horn will essentially be playing a 16-game road record, this does not bode well especially if you get points for long tds. Here's the last piece of interesting news:When the Saints were playing ahead, Horn was 16-236-2.When they were playing from behind, he was 65-950-8.So, what do you sharks make of these numbers?

Just so you know the facts. newspapers and the media in general have always been very liberal and biased. Ever wonder why all they report is negative. There is a website that reports thousands of stories in Irag that are positive but that they never report it. Unfortunately the soldiers see the same on tv. But hey, you're entitilted to you opinion niave or otherwise. By the way, in case you haven't heard, Bush was re-elected. Move on.......... :rant:

Just so you know the facts. newspapers and the media in general have always been very liberal and biased. Ever wonder why all they report is negative. There is a website that reports thousands of stories in Irag that are positive but that they never report it. Unfortunately the soldiers see the same on tv. But hey, you're entitilted to you opinion niave or otherwise. By the way, in case you haven't heard, Bush was re-elected. Move on.......... :rant:
Brainwashed. :bag:

Too bad he won the 1st time which actually he lost but had his brother Jeb to help out, but anyways thats a different story and I don't want to hijack the thread so carry on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Every report is negative so the media is liberal? Huh? The media is negative because that is what they believe makes them more money regardless of who or what they are reporting on. Not to mention media outlets are owned by very rich people, whom I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of are republican."The media is liberal" ---One of the biggest fallacies in American society. :rolleyes:

I think the saints are going to rally together and win the super bowl this year. Katrina could be a blessing in disguise for the saints.
Uh, no.And yes, the media is VERY liberal.

Carry on.

Do you people really think that this disaster relief will be under-funded due to the war in Iraq, or are you just trying to find something to ##### about? Don't just come in the shark pool and fling some #### around to see if it sticks.

Go ahead and vote for Hillary! Do you not know of what our country/troops have accomplished sor far in Iraq/Afghanistan? All you hear is what the press wants you to hear. Leftist garbage! Try to talk to the men/women who has served before making statements like that.

Just think without the French help in the revolutionary war where this country might be now. This will be the only positive thing I'll say about the French too! Anyway, I'm sure their families wern't happy with their young men fighting the war over here many years ago. How soon we forget.

Anyway,

Here is one of the many emails I have from a family that has someone in the military:

One of my sons serves in the military. He is still stateside, here in

California. He called me yesterday to let me know how warm and welcoming

people were to him and his troops, everywhere he goes, telling me how people

shake their hands, and thank them for being willing to serve, and fight, for

not only our own freedoms but so that others may have them also.

But he also told me about an incident in the grocery store he

stopped at yesterday, on his way home from the base. He said that

ahead of several people in front of him stood a woman dressed in a burkha.

He said when she got to the cashier she loudly remarked about the U.S.

flag lapel pin the cashier wore on her smock. The cashier reached up

and touched the pin and said proudly," Yes, I always wear it and

probably always will."

The woman in the burkha then asked the cashier when she was going to

stop bombing her countrymen, explaining that she was Iraqi. A gentleman

standing behind my son stepped forward, putting his arm around my son's

shoulders, and nodding towards my son, said in a calm and gentle voice

to the Iraqi woman: "Lady, hundreds of thousands of men and women like

this young man have fought and died so that YOU could stand here in MY

country and accuse a check-out cashier of bombing YOUR countrymen. It is

my belief that had you been this outspoken in YOUR own country, we

wouldn't need to be there today. But, hey, if you have now learned

how to speak out so loudly and clearly, I'll gladly buy you a ticket

and pay your way back to Iraq so you can straighten out the mess in YOUR

country that you are obviously here in MY country to avoid."

Everyone within hearing distance cheered!

My point is, if your so smart and tough with statements like you posted, then go join the military or get into politics and let your opinions be heard on how you would assist other nations in need of freedom like you enjoy or flee from terrorist like a coward.

Go ahead and vote for Hillary! Do you not know of what our country/troops have accomplished sor far in Iraq/Afghanistan? All you hear is what the press wants you to hear. Leftist garbage! Try to talk to the men/women who has served before making statements like that.

Just think without the French help in the revolutionary war where this country might be now. This will be the only positive thing I'll say about the French too! Anyway, I'm sure their families wern't happy with their young men fighting the war over here many years ago. How soon we forget.

Anyway,

Here is one of the many emails I have from a family that has someone in the military:

probably always will."

My point is, if your so smart and tough with statements like you posted, then go join the military or get into politics and let your opinions be heard on how you would assist other nations in need of freedom like you enjoy or flee from terrorist like a coward.
Why is this in this forum?

In summary...George Bush caused a hurricane in order to drive Joe Horn's production down about 8 to 10 percent this season.Stupid Republicans...

Brainwashed. :bag:
Keep the lefty propaganda in the FFA.Now, back to the topic.....I think the Saints will struggle more than usual. Not only do they have the mental stress of what just happened, but they also are going to be away from home for most of the season. my :2cents:

Anyway,

probably always will."

:goodposting: I'm a vet a appreciate your post, thanks.

Let's get this back on track here. According to the splits above, on the road as opposed to at home, Horn experienced a drop-off of 24% in yardage and 16% in TDs. Since this is likely due to the fact that at home, the Saints play on turf, which emphasizes speed and offensive firepower - what effect will playing 0 games in the Superdome have on his numbers? I imagine taking 300 yards and 2 TDs off his pre-Katrina projections might not be too drastic at all.....

What's this about Horn in Iraq :confused: Every year a lot of us doubt Horn and pass on him come draft day, and he always puts up the numbers to make him one of the best WR in football.

Worst thread of the week.
I should of known better than to have the War money line in my opening statement...It wasent an anti-war or anti-Bush line, I think most of the money we spend out of the country on dumb #### is just goofy when we have lots of issues here, and my god the New Orleans thing is bad!!

I think i knock horn down a little bit for playing on the road but not a lot as i see lots of games that they will need to score.....

That a boy Joe, remember for Lots of people football is the last thing on their mind...

http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/09/01/katr...ails/index.html

There was a Saint in New Orleans during the wrath of Hurricane Katrina and his name is Joe Horn, pro-football player for the New Orleans Saints. As I sat in my room at the Hilton Riverside, New Orleans, on Saturday two days before Katrina was scheduled to directly hit New Orleans, I weeped while I phoned home to North Carolina, to speak with my mother and my children. It had been confirmed that my flight was canceled along with that of my husband and 50 others. We all were frantically trying to evacuate. I sobbed as I was told by each rental car company that there were no cars available. I thought I was trapped. But, unbeknownst to me my mother had placed a call to Joe Horn to see if he could help. I hadn't spoken to him in over 20 years. Joe was a friend of my sister's in high school and had always kept in touch with my mother. This wonderful man personally came to pick up my husband and I and arranged for his driver to drive us from New Orleans to Atlanta, Georgia, at his expense, at which point we could fly on to Fayetteville, North Carolina. I'm still amazed at his generosity and I will always be grateful to him. There is truly a saint in New Orleans!! Thank you, Joe Horn. You're my hero!!

Aleta Quinones

Fayetteville, North Carolina

When I saw the title of this thread was "Joe Horn and the BS," I never imagined I would have to wade through so much BS to find any discussion on Joe Horn.

Anyway,

probably always will."

I'm really not in the mood but that has to be the biggest load of self righteous caca I have heard in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread